890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

That's a little weak, to be honest. One of the better scum tells I've found in multi-scum setups is selective scumhunting, so going after the group that is already weakened for no particular reason is not particularly the best.

Having said that, I am tryign to work out if I'd prefer to aim at Darkness and eliminate a kill, or aim for shadow and keep them trying to cross kill.

The lack of night kill last night from Shadow means in all probability we have a confirmed town somewhere. If we managed to find and lynch the last Darkness member, we'd have 9 members going into night. That means, assuming no more protections, we'd have 8 members with which we'd have to find 2 scum. This isn't a slam dunk, but it's not a bad scenario, especially with one confirmed town in the mix not to mention potential blocks or defends from other power roles.

If we kill shadow today, we'd have 9 members going into night. If we mislynched the next day, we could concievably have 4 members left the next day. It becomes very swingy and dependent on whether the scum teams can hit each other.

Plus there's the question of which we're more likely to find - since we have mipe flipped, we can look at people who were unwilling to lynch him and since we have the Seacore kill we can look at who would havel ikely seriously thought Seacore to be scum.

So I'm thinking with this town and this start we should look to finish off Darkness. We have a better chance of finding the last darkness member today and I like halving the night kill total.

To that end, I thought your point about Seacore was excellent, but unlike you I'm going to vote discode because he wasn't on the mipe wagon, was on the Seacore wagon and was scummy throughout D1.

Vote DisCode
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:18 pm

dramonic wrote:There is no case against me apart from the fact the person I replaced was a lurker/anti-town player. He didnt do anything
scummy
, so please unvote me.
Dramonic, In a sense I agree with this but I wouldn't mind a bit more fleshing out of ideas from you.
I'm old now.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Faraday »

DisCord has flaked the site. Last Post was Dec 3rd.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Faraday »

startransmission wrote:I think Chaco is town. I find the points that semi and dramonic are using against him are weak. Chaco has done well with pointing out why. And I also see a buddying between Semi and Dramonic.

Incant: Dramonic
Hmm I agree. I don't find the points expressed against Chaco to be very good. I find him quite scummy still, but when I look at it there doesn't seem to be an awful lot there, really.

That's a little weak, to be honest. One of the better scum tells I've found in multi-scum setups is selective scumhunting, so going after the group that is already weakened for no particular reason is not
particularly the best.
Yeah Selective scum-hunting is a very good tell, although I think it's reasonable early in the game at the same time. I mean we've little enough info so using what we do have seems reasonable enough at the same time.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:12 am

Post by semioldguy »

@Magua
I don't think starttransmission to likely be scum buddies with mipe. If you are voting him because of a scum partner read with mipe, I don't think you should. He was one of the few players yesterday pushing more strongly for a mipe lynch by not dragging the day out and allowing for the travesty of a coordinated double lynch which could have let mipe save himself. Mipe's partner would most likely be for the double lynch in my opinion rather that actively seeking to avoid it.

If you find him individually scummy separate from whatever mipe-partner read you have, then that's different.

I'd bet that mipe's partner was either in the double/policy lynch camp or didn't speak up at all about the matter.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Faraday »

SerialClergyman wrote:
To that end, I thought your point about Seacore was excellent, but unlike you I'm going to vote discode because he wasn't on the mipe wagon, was on the Seacore wagon and was scummy throughout D1.

Vote DisCode
Ya know it might help if you said why he was scummy day 1. It also might be useful if you'd mentioned Discode day 1,
at all
. Ctrl + F reveals no mention of Discode in your day 1 posts at all. You had seacore down as scummy, who was in direct opposition to most of DisCode's points, so what gives here?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Faraday »

semioldguy wrote:@Magua
I don't think starttransmission to likely be scum buddies with mipe. If you are voting him because of a scum partner read with mipe, I don't think you should. He was one of the few players yesterday pushing more strongly for a mipe lynch by not dragging the day out and allowing for the travesty of a coordinated double lynch which could have let mipe save himself. Mipe's partner would most likely be for the double lynch in my opinion rather that actively seeking to avoid it.
Disagree here. I think mipe's partner would have wanted a double lynch as it would have at least got him something out of the day, i.e. at least he loses a scum-buddy but someone else dies too. This is assuming 2 scum of course. I can see it working either way, but I think I'd lean to him being on the double lynch group if it was a tell either way.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Faraday »

wait read that wrong ^
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Faraday »

Lmao I'm a retard.

Anyway
Incant SerialClergyman

Wanna re-read Snow_Bunny too.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:52 am

Post by semioldguy »

Faraday wrote:Hmm I agree. I don't find the points expressed against Chaco to be very good. I find him quite scummy still, but when I look at it there doesn't seem to be an awful lot there, really.
You were incanting Chaco yesterday. What do you see as the case against Chaco, or your own case against Chaco that led you to incant him yesterday, and why is that not enough to earn an incantation from you today but was enough yesterday?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Faraday »

semioldguy wrote:
Faraday wrote:Hmm I agree. I don't find the points expressed against Chaco to be very good. I find him quite scummy still, but when I look at it there doesn't seem to be an awful lot there, really.
You were incanting Chaco yesterday. What do you see as the case against Chaco, or your own case against Chaco that led you to incant him yesterday, and why is that not enough to earn an incantation from you today but was enough yesterday?
I thought his post where he popped in to lay down a vote and then popped out was horribly scummy, so I voted him for it. This was when I was waiting for Mipe to come back w/ his explanation for all the stupid questions.

And it should be obvious why. Different days, we've had 2 flips of dead people now, so it changes how I look @ the game. I didn't like Sc's last post, and want to hear what he has to say about it.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Chaco »

Dramonic was your little conniption all talk? "You just were afraid of my opinion?" Because honestly, you have a handful of posts and none of which are busting with this "opinion".

More opinion please?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by dramonic »

I think you are scum, I want you lynched. That's all the opinion you need so far. I didnt say I had a bunch of opinions, it's a theorical question.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Chaco »

dramonic wrote:I think you are scum, I want you lynched. That's all the opinion you need so far.
No, that's not all the opinion I need right now. That attitude in itself is anti-town. You replaced in for a person warranting a policy lynch, and I have seen nothing up to this point, from you, making me want to change that outlook. You've posted less than Data has, with little content.

The fact that you instantly responded to me when I called upon you alludes to the fact that you are lurking.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by tracker »

Incantation Count

Chaco - 2(semioldguy, dramonic)

dramonic -1(startransmission)
startransmission -1(Magua)
Discord -1(SerialClergyman)
SerialClergyman 1(Faraday)

Not Incanting - 8(DisCode, Snow_Bunny, Deathsauce, Snow_Bunny)

The Ritual will only take 8 incantations to complete 6:00pm Wednesday 19th of December (site time)

Going to start looking for a replacement for Discord

9 to incantions are currently required to complete the ritual
[/quote]
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Chaco »

Tracker, Snowbunny is on twice and I am on 0 times.

Also, I exaggerated on Data posting more than Dramonic. Dramonic has posted 8 times, where as Data posted 5. However, Dramonic has posted 5 one liners out of 8 total posts.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:45 pm

WOw, that's totally true. I got DisCode and Data mixed up. Data was genuinely scummy D1, Discode was not. My bad.

Ugh.. I was happy with my vote too.

In fact, fuck it, I'm still happy with my vote because he still was on the Seacore wagon and off the mipe wagon.

Faraday - do you think there's an element of self-interest in your discouraging people looking off mipe's wagon given you're one of the 4 people who weren't on it? What do you think of Magua encouraging voting people off the wagon when he was one of those four as well?
I'm old now.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Faraday »

Um. So you're voting for someone you don't/didn't find scummy in Discode. What? Also Data was prety much a non-entity day 1 so talking about hs wagon patterns are pretty useless to look at.
SerialClergyman wrote:
Faraday - do you think there's an element of self-interest in your discouraging people looking off mipe's wagon given you're one of the 4 people who weren't on it? What do you think of Magua encouraging voting people off the wagon when he was one of those four as well?
No. I made it pretty clear I was gonna vote Mipe, but there was things to be sorted out before hand. Just because I didn't incant him doesn't mean my intentions weren't clear.

Magua had also made it clear he was suspicious of Mipe so I think just looking @ who was on it at the end of the day gives an unfair impression of my levels of suspicioun of Mipe.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:59 pm

I didn't find him scummy on D1, since the extra information of mipe's scumflip and Seacode's town flip and Darkness kill, I now think he's likely to be scum, yes.

I'm not questioning whether or not there were intentions to vote him, I'm asking whether the specific practise of discouraging looking there is because you think it's likely to be an innaccurate assumption or if you are discouraging it for some other reason?
I'm old now.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by semioldguy »

I think it relevant to look at the Data counter/double-wagon rather than the people not on the mipe wagon. It is very likely for scum of either alignment to be there. If dramonic flips scum at some point it may change the read on that wagon, but as of now I do not find dramonic to be scummy.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Faraday »

SerialClergyman wrote: I'm not questioning whether or not there were intentions to vote him, I'm asking whether the specific practise of discouraging looking there is because you think it's likely to be an innaccurate assumption or if you are discouraging it for some other reason?
I don't think it'll help looking off the wagon.

I think every player in the game was willing to vote Mipe, apart from DataDanne (and maybe DisCode who's been AWOL). So I don't see what information can be gleaned from analysing who was and who wasn't on the wagon.

Also Discode hasn't posted on site since December 3rd. I find it unlikely he'd be able to send in a kill. He could be active and not posting, but errr fairly unlikely.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by Faraday »

So yeah, I don't think Discode is Darkness scum.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Faraday »

semioldguy wrote:I think it relevant to look at the Data counter/double-wagon rather than the people not on the mipe wagon. It is very likely for scum of either alignment to be there. If dramonic flips scum at some point it may change the read on that wagon, but as of now I do not find dramonic to be scummy.
I think calling it a counter-wagon is a bit unfair. it was a double lynch, definitely or an attempt at one.

Did you find Data scummy?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by semioldguy »

I did not find Datadanne scummy.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Chaco »

semioldguy wrote:I did not find Datadanne scummy.
Did you find him policy lynch worthy? And do you feel there has been a significant change in the play since Dramonic has replaced in? do you feel he is an asset to town with the attitude he is taking to the game? "I think this, therefore it is."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”