Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Hayker »

Papa Zito wrote:
Hayker you're spamming the thread and still not posting anything. Scumlist plz. Same qualities as SirPent.

I don't consider it spamming, I have given opinions, asked players questions(scumhunted). I don't consider that nothing.

All you want from me is a list of my opinions of every player(or that's what I'm assuming it means)
I refuse to post a full list,and I lack the time to do a partial list.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Iecerint »

He only wants to know who you think is scum. He doesn't want your town reads.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by Kdub »

DoS didn't really catch my attention during my read-through of the past 10 pages or so, but looking at Sir Chris's case and reading DoS in iso, I am fine with pressure on him. I am not familiar with the meta on him, so I do not have an opinion on that, but I agree with Sir Chris's assessment of his early play.

SirPent looks like he's just jumping on the most popular wagons whenever a new one gets going and not giving opinions on anyone.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Ooh Chris has convinced some people, and there is now a wagon on me. All I have to say is at this point I have posted way more than you are giving me credit for Chris, and given thoughts on multiple players.

Also I still <3 you dgb it would kill you not to be on a wagon on me I know.

My thoughts on all this. meh.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:26 pm

Post by Gorrad »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Anyone suspecting DGB at this point has never played with her.

DGB, I see your point on Raider, but what makes you think that just because he's scum SirPent can't be?
I'm suspicious of players that defend, with disproportionate passion, worthless players/lurkers/zwet. That's something that scum will do to earn town cred. Not always; but I've seen it a lot. That's what raider was doing. If this tilted raider further in the scum column, it balanced SirPent into the town column.
This is a large. Just because they aren't scum together doesn't mean that they can't both be scum.

I was about to join the DoS wagon, but then I saw his last post. Not even any defense against the not-insubstantial wagon! In my experience, unless they're total newbies, scum fight tooth and nail to avoid their own lynches. Townies roll over and take it much more frequently, as they have less to lose by them being lynched. DoS could be WIFOMing, expecting someone to say this, but I don't believe he is.

I much preferred the SirPent wagon. Can we get more on him, please?
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:27 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

No wanting to note who you think may be scummy on your wagon?

No pointing out where you have provided content thats substantial?

Just a meh?

Really? That's all you got for me? I manage to convince a lot of people and you just give a single line of defense and that's all? That's kinda anti-climatic.

I am unsure what the official policy on claims is, but I'd like one sooner rather than later if that's all you are going to provide in terms of commentary.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:28 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

And yes, Gorrad, I thought about that. But I think it is WIFOM, honestly. He is playing a certain way and I think he is trying to head fake me at this point. What an odd post. It seems town in a way, yet not his town. As I said, I looked over his last game and he just had an air about him he doesn't have here. That was just a really jarring post.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:30 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Also the fact that you've looked pretty meh to me today, Gorrad, and are bringing up WIFOM arguments on someone I think is scum, worries me.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

You say I've been defending myself most of the game but I disagree, I've been having conversations with people about their suspicion of me. All I bring to the town is my vote, so if I am lynched today thats fine, the town could do a lot worse with its d1 lynch. I do think that when I flip town chris and raider should be under a ton of scrutiny tomorrow also cobalt.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:32 am

Post by Sir Chris »

If you say so.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:56 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Anyway these quotes are ALL from the movie madness game, where he was town. Notice how he defends and attacks there, and tell me if there is no difference, in fact, that's a huge difference.
DragonsofSummer wrote:For your first point, its a discrepancy in how you view logic and I view it, I still think its logic that DGB compared the play to previous Vaya games and said oh this is how he acted in that situation, and he is acting similar here. That is logical to me.

True but you actually laid out your case against me in earnest finally. I still think your case is WIFOMy at best, the case you have on me is that I am "buddying" with DGB. It is based largely on my random vote where I called you scummy for voting her as a joke. You took that and ran with it, and are now trying to make later facts fit your theory. You are saying that I am obviously scum for buddying with DGB, when really I haven't buddied with DGB at all. (See my explanation of my Vaya vote).

I don't think you magically did anything, I do however think that for whatever reason Ice decided that I wasn't joking either, and thought you had a reason to vote me because of it. My read on Ice is neutral right now.
DragonsofSummer wrote:You are scummy because you latched onto me at the beginning of the day with that vote and haven't looked anywhere else (except for DGB, and CKD slightly) since it started. Iece was merely commenting on the precedings and has been looking at all the players.

So I was trying to work it out, and you are right WIFOM is the wrong thing. I can't think of the word or term for what it is you are doing right now, but simply put this is what I see, You voted me for my random vote, and now have been harping on it ever since, with no other evidence to support your theories, you are forcing other posts of mine to fit it, but they don't. (Maybe its a fallacy of some sort? I've forgotten)
DragonsofSummer wrote:Wait... your gut tells you I am scummier? Didn't you just attack CKD for a gut vote on the last page MordyS?

Also besides my Vaya vote, which I feel I have explained, point out one place to me after we left the RVS that I was buddying with DGB?
DragonsofSummer wrote:Wait, why am I scum now DGB? I was on your neutral list all of yesterday.

I'm with DGB on the claiming, it actually seems like scum trying to find out who the most powerful townies are on day 2 so they can get rid of them tonight. Especially with this few "active" players.

That said I also agree that Jason should investigate whoever he wants to. With six players left that have votes, it is all too likely that scum are going to try and direct our lynch today (if I am right and there is more than one "active" scum today), and they will do their best to direct night actions as well.

vote Populartajo
the more I think about it, the worse the claiming idea becomes, and you have made a crap case against Vaya as DGB said.
DragonsofSummer wrote:Fine, as I am at lynch -1. I am Bruce Willis, My role yesterday was David Dunn from Unbreakable and I couldn't die, The night action for that role is to see what someone did on the previous night, but since there wasn't one I couldn't do anything last night. Today I am John McClane from Die Hard, I can either vig someone or Send someone to jail tonight. My other movies are the Sixth Sense and Armageddon. I win with the town. I also call poptaj and possibly vaya as being scum on my wagon.

I really don't like how Milkshake pretty much disappeared when pressure went on me and it seems like he might be trying to slide through the day.
This game was very recent to, so no amount of 'rust' excuse makes sense for it. This just seems like town play vs scum play.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:11 am

Post by Sir Chris »

DragonsofSummer wrote:
Unvote
There is a subtle difference in not posting, and posting nothing of content. For now you have started participating (as you state it is your day off) and so I am inclined to believe that which you say. (I also work retail I know how the hours can be).

The reason I was attacking you is because you had made no thoughts on anything or anyone in the game imo in your posts, not because of how few you had.

The omgus on me is noted, but I like the activity so no vote on you any more.

Cobalt makes a good point about Vaya wagon, but what do you think of RF's case against her as he is the only one on the wagon who has posted one?

vote Zwetschenwasser
his activity is definitely less than the other games I have seen him in.
I mean this just seems so rigid in comparison to his town posts just a game ago. He has no life in him, like he is pressing himself. Like there is no energy his posts, seems clearly to contrast the ones from the other game.
DragonsofSummer wrote:Ah but Chris when my main point for attacking you was that you had posted very little with no content. I at least have let my thoughts be known, and its not hypocritical because of this. The reason I left your case is because you have changed the way you are playing now with the reasoning that you have some free time today. Which is supported by the fact that you have been interacting as opposed to saying nothing.
"Ah but Chris" just seems so measured and lifeless compared to the fire I see in his town posts.

I bring this up a lot because one of the things that people were hung up on is that they got burned by voting him in a previous game and he flipped town. Well, he isn't acting similar in any way, shape, or form. So that note can be put to rest.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:12 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Edit: That last post was from this game, in case you were not guessing.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:54 am

Post by raider8169 »

Gorrad wrote:I'm suspicious of players that defend, with disproportionate passion, worthless players/lurkers/zwet. That's something that scum will do to earn town cred. Not always; but I've seen it a lot. That's what raider was doing. If this tilted raider further in the scum column, it balanced SirPent into the town column.
Even townies need to defend themselves with passion. Who is to say that a townie should not go all out and defend themselves? I had people who roll over and die, nothing is gained from that. Letting myself be lynched without a fight or even just a little fight goes against my win condition. Plus when I do get lynched or die and then become a confirmed townie people can at least take what I say as a confirmed townie. I have seen a lot of people use this reasoning, I have never quite understood it as I have seen it both ways.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:03 am

Post by saberwolf »

raider8169 wrote:
Even townies need to defend themselves with passion. Who is to say that a townie should not go all out and defend themselves? I had people who roll over and die, nothing is gained from that. Letting myself be lynched without a fight or even just a little fight
goes against my win condition.
Plus when I do get lynched or die and then become a confirmed townie people can at least take what I say as a confirmed townie. I have seen a lot of people use this reasoning, I have never quite understood it as I have seen it both ways.
I just wanted to go on a mini rant, not really related to the game. I really hate it when people talk about this, like when they go to someone and say "oh, but you're not fulfilling your win condition". Whoop-de-fucking-do. Sure, the goal is to try to win the game, but so is having fun. Sometimes the two need a balance, but when people try to preach about how you need to always play to your win condition, I think it's stupid. Your playstyle could always be trying to win in the long run if you're playing anti-town or not posting a lot or something. There are always secret motives. Just because somebody doesn't know what's going on in your head doesn't mean you're not trying to fulfill your win condition. [/rant]

sorry for the useless post.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:10 am

Post by saberwolf »

I feel DoS is a victim here after rereading over the posts. I feel the constant barraging of Chris on him was bound to make a BW on him sooner or later, simply because in a large game players are happy to grab any target they can instead of mucking through every player for clues. I think His meh attitude against Chris is genuine, and the fact that he isn't being over defensive says something to me. The posts by Chris of the town DoS defense is interesting, but I don't put too much stock into that. It would be interesting to see if anything actually results from that though.

I'm still thinking sirpent is our BW of the day.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:43 am

Post by raider8169 »

saberwolf wrote:I just wanted to go on a mini rant, not really related to the game. I really hate it when people talk about this, like when they go to someone and say "oh, but you're not fulfilling your win condition". Whoop-de-fucking-do. Sure, the goal is to try to win the game, but so is having fun. Sometimes the two need a balance, but when people try to preach about how you need to always play to your win condition, I think it's stupid. Your playstyle could always be trying to win in the long run if you're playing anti-town or not posting a lot or something. There are always secret motives. Just because somebody doesn't know what's going on in your head doesn't mean you're not trying to fulfill your win condition. [/rant]

sorry for the useless post.
I play to win. That is why someone saying someone is over defending is scummy is crap. People have different play styles and as the game is suppose to be fun being out of the game isnt much fun either. I think more is learned from over defending then just defending main points or doing nothing at all.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Sir Chris »

I don't know, maybe I am misreading it, but I truly do feel, given everything else I've seen this day 1, and the posts I read from his previous play, that this is a ploy.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Slicey »

Starbuck replaces fuzzylightning!
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:54 am

Post by saberwolf »

Sir Chris wrote:I don't know, maybe I am misreading it, but I truly do feel, given everything else I've seen this day 1, and the posts I read from his previous play, that this is a ploy.
Who is this referring to?
Our Mod wrote: Starbuck replaces fuzzylightning!
YAY
Show

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Yaaaaaay
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:55 am

Post by saberwolf »

SB > DGB

what do you have to say to that? :P
Show

Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Sir Chris »

saberwolf wrote:
Sir Chris wrote:I don't know, maybe I am misreading it, but I truly do feel, given everything else I've seen this day 1, and the posts I read from his previous play, that this is a ploy.
Who is this referring to?
Our Mod wrote: Starbuck replaces fuzzylightning!
YAY
Your point about DoS' general deposition.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Gorrad »

raider8169 wrote:
Gorrad wrote:I'm suspicious of players that defend, with disproportionate passion, worthless players/lurkers/zwet. That's something that scum will do to earn town cred. Not always; but I've seen it a lot. That's what raider was doing. If this tilted raider further in the scum column, it balanced SirPent into the town column.
Even townies need to defend themselves with passion. Who is to say that a townie should not go all out and defend themselves? I had people who roll over and die, nothing is gained from that. Letting myself be lynched without a fight or even just a little fight goes against my win condition. Plus when I do get lynched or die and then become a confirmed townie people can at least take what I say as a confirmed townie. I have seen a lot of people use this reasoning, I have never quite understood it as I have seen it both ways.
This rant has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. I never said townies SHOULDN'T 'defend themselves with passion'. I said scum are more likely to.

DoS, you just claimed vanilla I believe. Care to add a flavor to that?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:32 am

Post by Starbuck »

Hey guys, give me a bit to catch up, I'm still semi-V/LA and am celebrating Christmas with my family today.

But I'm so glad to be playing with you all again!!

<3
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”