xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:21 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

HOW does his coming after mine make his BETTER? Am I just completely fucking missing something here, or are you just THAT hypocritical?

DGB, I've been asking you to point out specific scum connections since you put like half the players in this game on your original scumlist. I've been wanting more than just "I haz skum reed". When I posted that, THE WHOLE POINT WAS THAT YOU CAN'T HAVE ALL OF US AS SCUM, ESPECIALLY WITHOUT PROPER REASONING.

Then Zito does the same thing, and you're like OH LOL IS JOKE.

Bull. Shit.

And I'll vote whenever I'm damn well ready.
green shirt thursdays
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:29 am

Post by saberwolf »

Iecerint wrote:DGB's behavior is very standard for her as far as I can tell. A town player and scum player both asked her a question, but she interpreted the questions differently due to the inferred context. She'll amend her list when there's evidence it needs amending.

I think you understand that, but you posted it to make yourself look like "the good guy" in this situation.
This also is bullshit. So I'm gonna take a page out of your's and DGB's book then. I now think you guys are both scum, therefore the inferred context changes, therefore I shall no longer acknowledge anything you guys say and just vote you as scum should you try. :roll:

I don't really think any of the three of you are scum [yet], but you gotta see from some point how this is biased reasoning. You are being selective with your responses based on opinions, not facts. Every player should be treated equaly and consistantly until flip.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Iecerint »

You have to make some assumptions. Otherwise, the game doesn't go anywhere. There aren't enough hard facts to play the game that way. That's what makes the game fun.

Also, I don't necessarily play the same way as DGB, but I do know that DGB plays a certain way, which was the main point of my post. Since you didn't clarify that you weren't familiar with DGB's playstyle, I'm slightly more comfortable that you pulled that to win +like points.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:43 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

xRECKONERx, I'm trying to decide whether your angry obstinacy over one of the 500 million scumtells I've called out, is from scum or town.

I'm leaning scum.

So it's a waste of time for me to explain this to you (given your putative alignment), but I'll do it for others' benefit just in case they are no seeing how ridiculous you are.

You complained that I had too many people on my scumlist, your words were: "All.... twelve of us are scum, DG? " Your literal interpretation of people that I found had done something that could be labeled as scummy, on Day 1, and prior to any alignment being revealed is disingenuous. I called you out on it. Of course I don't think that all these players are scum, but since when am I constrained to match the number of scum I anticipate in a game with the number of people that behave scummy? On Day 1??? Coming in as a replacement?

As for Zito doing the same, after I called you out, he'd have to be a pretty reckless scumbag to do something that he might reasonably expect would have me screaming scum at him, and (though I may be wrong with my interpretation) it was pretty clear that humor was intended.

Worse still, you have now, for the third time demanded that I come up with SCUM CONNECTIONS!!! Are you crazy... these are my Day 1 gut reads (again we didn't know anyone's alignment at the time) how the heck am I supposed to also find connections! And the kicker is that I'm probably the person that has speculated the most on connections, saying for instance that if zwet is town, Plum is scum, and that so-and-so cannot possibly scum with another player, etc. These are
ad hoc
observations, I'm doing the best I can, but I sure as heck aren't ready to call out scum teams, SK's, survivors and cults or whatever anti-town factions.

Note that there is now no way that xRECKONERx and saberwolf are on the same scumteam, if there are multiple scumteams.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:46 am

saberwolf wrote:Every player should be treated equaly and consistantly until flip.
Funny you should mention that, I've had countless scumbuddies fretting about being 'consistent.'

I can't post this! I can't vote that! I can't do this! Imma gonna look INCONSTENT!!! Argh!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Hayker »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Sir Chris wrote:Also why is DoS doing ever so well, Goofball. or DGB I guess is your real nickname. I think I am going to like you, you and I have the same fun to win ratio beliefs when it comes to mafia.
;-) yes fun is what it's all about.

DoS always sets my scumdar on fire. I recently pushed for his lynch and he flipped town (so was I), so I'm a little singed.
Hi guys,

"Was town" Was being past tense, past tense being a scum slip.

Vote:DrippingGoofball
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:51 am

Post by SirPent »

Hayker wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Sir Chris wrote:Also why is DoS doing ever so well, Goofball. or DGB I guess is your real nickname. I think I am going to like you, you and I have the same fun to win ratio beliefs when it comes to mafia.
;-) yes fun is what it's all about.

DoS always sets my scumdar on fire. I recently pushed for his lynch and he flipped town (so was I), so I'm a little singed.
Hi guys,

"Was town" Was being past tense, past tense being a scum slip.

Vote:DrippingGoofball
Except he was talking about a different game, so major kudos to you hayker.

vote hayker
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:52 am

I *WAS* town in the game where he flipped town, that's a scum slip?

I can't bloody well say I *AM* town in the game here he flipped town, that game is over.

Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:58 am

Post by Hayker »

xRECKONERx wrote:HOW does his coming after mine make his BETTER? Am I just completely fucking missing something here, or are you just THAT hypocritical?

DGB, I've been asking you to point out specific scum connections since you put like half the players in this game on your original scumlist. I've been wanting more than just "I haz skum reed". When I posted that, THE WHOLE POINT WAS THAT YOU CAN'T HAVE ALL OF US AS SCUM, ESPECIALLY WITHOUT PROPER REASONING.

Then Zito does the same thing, and you're like OH LOL IS JOKE.

Bull. Shit.

And I'll vote whenever I'm damn well ready.
Do you believe that someone can find an action of a player scummy, but find that the player is pro-town overall?
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Hayker »

MafiaSSK wrote:So has scumhunting finally began? Or are we still stuck on discussing flavor?
Hey guys let's scum hunt! come on come one yeah scumhunting! Woooooooo. I love scumhunting

vote:MafiaSSK
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Hayker »

K so, here is something that I noticed. When DGB was still Discode, everyone was demanding a full claim. After the switch, the subject was never ever brought up again.

Also, why did youi even feel the need to throw in "(So was I)"? It even had brackets showing it beign a side comment?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I approve of Shotty's avatar.
Iecerint wrote:There are lots of useless players this game, though. Namely, you could probably do the same with fuzzylightning, joe, and foil/SerPent, though the latter does include some by-looks-of-it-deliberately-awful "analysis."
How does the presence of other "useless players" excuse this one?

And you admit he's useless and then just dismiss the case with a wave of your hand.

Stay classy San Diego.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:08 am

Post by Hayker »

Sirpent, how much expierience o you have in mafia. I don't care abotu specifics, jsut anything you know. Have you played before? Done any research on theory etc.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Iecerint »

It doesn't excuse Hayker, but it doesn't explain why you would single-out Hayker over the other players, either. Using your barometer alone allows scum to choose whichever of the lurkers isn't scum with minimal blamelessness. My intent was to see if you could communicate why you thought Hayker was a better lynch than (for example) the other players I mentioned.

Hayker's posts this page aren't great, though. The first one almost has to be a joke or error, but he hasn't acknowledged as much. I'll reserve judgment on the others unless it becomes clear he's not going anywhere with his questions.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Hayker »

DoS, you never seem to stick to your cases very hard. Generally when someone finds someone suspsicious, they keep going after them. You seem to hop form person to person, and never make more then an indirect reference to that person(specifically) again.

You have shown suspiscion for:Me,SirChris, Zwet and then Joe. You pursued Chris for awhile, but stopped, and went after the Zwet. After Zwet died, you targetted the next lurker, me.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Iecerint wrote:It doesn't excuse Hayker, but it doesn't explain why you would single-out Hayker over the other players, either. Using your barometer alone allows scum to choose whichever of the lurkers isn't scum with minimal blamelessness. My intent was to see if you could communicate why you thought Hayker was a better lynch than (for example) the other players I mentioned.

Hayker's posts this page aren't great, though. The first one almost has to be a joke or error, but he hasn't acknowledged as much. I'll reserve judgment on the others unless it becomes clear he's not going anywhere with his questions.
So in your world, I'm supposed to either attack all of them and completely diffuse my attention, or I'm supposed to ignore them completely.

Ok then.

I'll be back this evening.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Hayker »

Iecerint wrote:It doesn't excuse Hayker, but it doesn't explain why you would single-out Hayker over the other players, either. Using your barometer alone allows scum to choose whichever of the lurkers isn't scum with minimal blamelessness. My intent was to see if you could communicate why you thought Hayker was a better lynch than (for example) the other players I mentioned.

It's not an error, nor is it a joke. I consider it a scumslip, and I very much suspect DGB. This hasn't lessened from when I pursued Discode.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:35 am

Post by DeathNote »

What's with the anger issues this game?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Hayker »

Hayker wrote:We really shouldn't be listening to the voice too much right now, it could easily be a creature from the darkness. As mch as it could be from the light.

The change bothers me though, doesn't seem to be one involving light. Well I have school to get to, see you guys later.
I said ignore it for now, not simply ignore it. It's not much a difference, but it is one. I said it out of caution. That being said, I'm abotu to contradict what I said before

help:Thevoice

Just in case.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Iecerint »

That is a blatant misrepresentation of my post. Ordinarily, when people find a player highly suspicious, they describe why they think so. If they can't, that is problematic. Hell, you could just say "I get a more negative feeling from Hayker than the others" if that's really all it is.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:54 am

Hayker wrote:Sirpent, how much expierience o you have in mafia. I don't care abotu specifics, jsut anything you know. Have you played before? Done any research on theory etc.
Why should we give a rat's tutu? Has he attributed some scummy behavior to his lack of experience?

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I feel a lot better about voting Hayker after that.

Reckoner you never answered my question, is DBG scum or not?
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yes, Hayker.

Oh, btw.
Vote: DrippingGoofball
. Blatant hypocrisy, saying it's wrong for me to ask her to come up with actual scumteams instead of blanketing half the roster as just "scum", general vibes, plus DisCode's play. Yup.

And I need to go reread her play pre-zwet-kill. I think I missed something.
green shirt thursdays
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:23 am

xRECKONERx wrote:...it's wrong for me to ask her to come up with actual scumteams.
Yeah. To demand this repeatedly is very wrong. It's Day 1 and we don't even know how many anti-town factions we have.

I can't decide if you're doing this because you're scum or insane town.

SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:25 am

Post by SirPent »

Really my experience or inexperience shouldn't determine how well I attribute, but I have played mafia elsewhere this is my first big game on the site, but I play with friends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”