California Trilogy: City of Angels - On Camera (Game Over)

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:03 am

Post by Thesp »

Here's the data I'm showing for the most recent Condorcet I've added StarKiss's vote and I've reflected my changed vote, so here's what I have:

1,hewitt
2,Mighty Orbots
3,StarKiss
4,Talilan
5,Thesp
6,VP Baltar
7,zu_Faul
8,No Lynch

1:4>3>2>5>6>7>8>1
1:1>4>3=5>6>2>8>7
1:4>5>2=6>1>8>3>7
1:3>5>1=2>6>4>7
1:1>3>2>4=6>8>5=7
1:4>5>1>3>2>8>6=7
1:3>1>4=6>2>5>8>7

Currently, there is no lynch happening, which is VERY VERY BAD. Switching my vote between hewitt or StarKiss doesn't change things. The people who are voting me higher than hewitt are blocking hewitt's lynch. Those voting hewitt over Talilan appear to be blocking their lynch. The people who are voting hewitt AND Talilan over StarKiss are preventing their lynch (or one of each).

I don't see a way to change my vote without lynching Talilan, which I'm against. Something needs to move. If I absolutely have to, I will consider moving my vote, but I sure don't hope to have to.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:03 am

Post by Thesp »

VP Baltar wrote:Basically, I'm sick and tired of all the pity party stuff from the people who are potential lynches today. "I'm town, so lynching me is bad" is not a freaking defense, nor is it going to sway me from wanting to lynch you, so if you are town at least take a page from Starkiss' book and TRY to answer stuff.
I agree with this 1000%.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:04 am

Post by Talilan »

I am happy 2 self-vote ;) ;) ;)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 5 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
4 to lynch.

Talilan: 3 (hewitt, StarKiss, VP Baltar)
hewitt: 2 (Mighty Orbots, Thesp)
StarKiss: 1 (Talilan)

Not Voting: 1 (zu_Faul)

Current Condorcet Winner:
None. Current Smith Set: hewitt, StarKiss, Talilan, Thesp

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put the following information into this form.

1,hewitt
2,Mighty Orbots
3,StarKiss
4,Talilan
5,Thesp
6,VP Baltar
7,zu_Faul
8,No Lynch
9,Mr. Grey

1:1>4>3=5>6>9>2>8>7
1:3>5>1=2>6>7>4>8
1:1>3>2>4=6>8>5=7
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm willing to compromise and lynch Starkiss today, since I think Tal and Starkiss are probably not the same alignment. Right now my preference is Tal, but if you are willing to lynch Starkiss, Thesp, then I would compromise with you on that.

However (and you might have answered this already), if Starkiss flips town what will your thoughts on Tal be?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:33 am

Post by Thesp »

VP Baltar wrote:I'm willing to compromise and lynch Starkiss today, since I think Tal and Starkiss are probably not the same alignment. Right now my preference is Tal, but if you are willing to lynch Starkiss, Thesp, then I would compromise with you on that.

However (and you might have answered this already), if Starkiss flips town what will your thoughts on Tal be?
I'm down with that. My Talilan-town thinking is independent of StarKiss. I'll be happy to re-evaluate that, though.

Vote: StarKiss
, hewitt, Mighty Orbots, [Talilan, VP Baltar], No Lynch, [Thesp, zu_Faul]
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:34 am

Post by Thesp »

VP Baltar, if you move StarKiss to the front, he's the new Condorcet winner.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:40 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Upgraded to Windows 7 last night. woooo
Talilan wrote:I am happy 2 self-vote ;) ;) ;)
@#$*(!@&#%*()!&@$#%

THIS GAME IS SAD FACE.
Thesp wrote:Currently, there is no lynch happening, which is VERY VERY BAD. Switching my vote between hewitt or StarKiss doesn't change things. The people who are voting me higher than hewitt are blocking hewitt's lynch. Those voting hewitt over Talilan appear to be blocking their lynch. The people who are voting hewitt AND Talilan over StarKiss are preventing their lynch (or one of each).

I don't see a way to change my vote without lynching Talilan, which I'm against. Something needs to move. If I absolutely have to, I will consider moving my vote, but I sure don't hope to have to.
Oh look, condorcet voting is fucking everything up. Imagine that.
Thesp wrote:VP Baltar, if you move StarKiss to the front, he's the new Condorcet winner.
RAGE.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

This is retarded. There's four scum in this endgame. Jesus.

UnVote:
hewitt
, Talilan, [Starkiss, Thesp], VP Baltar, Mr. Grey, Mighty Orbots, no lynch, zu_faul
Vote:
Talilan
, Thesp, hewitt, Starkiss, VP Baltar, Mr. Grey, Mighty Orbots, no lynch, zu_faul
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:50 am

Post by Thesp »

Mighty Orbots wrote:
Thesp wrote:Currently, there is no lynch happening, which is VERY VERY BAD. Switching my vote between hewitt or StarKiss doesn't change things. The people who are voting me higher than hewitt are blocking hewitt's lynch. Those voting hewitt over Talilan appear to be blocking their lynch. The people who are voting hewitt AND Talilan over StarKiss are preventing their lynch (or one of each).

Oh look, condorcet voting is fucking everything up. Imagine that.
Thesp wrote:VP Baltar, if you move StarKiss to the front, he's the new Condorcet winner.
RAGE.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.
BECAUSE NO LYNCH IS SO MUCH MORE AWESOME I WANT SOME

Actually, with Mighty Orbots's new vote, Talilan is the sole Condorcet leader, I believe, let me double-check.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Thesp »

Incidentally, StarKiss,
this is why we want to have a lynchd ecided well before the deadline, rather than have the possibility of running into a no-lynch
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Thesp »

Nevermind, that actually lynches Talilan. No Condrocet needed.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Thesp wrote:BECAUSE NO LYNCH IS SO MUCH MORE AWESOME I WANT SOME
I AM IN ALL CAPS RAGE STOP MOCKING ME.

If you do wind up town I'm going to poke you in the eye next time you're in Housotn.

But seriously, this BS wouldn't even be on the radar if we were just voting. It's bad enough that we have players quitting left and right but we can't even figure how to lynch someone.

And good ol' hewitt just had to post a little fit and disappear and oh look he's not really a lynch candidate anymore, that's just great.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

wait wat
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Thesp »

Mighty Orbots wrote:But seriously, this BS wouldn't even be on the radar if we were just voting. It's bad enough that we have players quitting left and right but we can't even figure how to lynch someone.

And good ol' hewitt just had to post a little fit and disappear and oh look he's not really a lynch candidate anymore, that's just great.
I agree with this 1000% as well. Disgusting.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Oh I hate you all. Whatever. ...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Talilan wrote:fyi that argument about us being more trusted than DGB still doesn't hold water, it's not the difference of us being trusted more it's the difference of scum sacrificing 3 of their number compared to 2. Anyway let's not lynch us kthx.
I dont' think that's the argument I was making. What I was asking was why would scum-DGB not fire you and take the director's seat when she had ample chances to do so? If you are town, the scum would clearly want a power position like director so they could essentially GUARANTEE who they sent to endgame. If you are town, it leaves an very major element out of their control, which essentially could screw all of the groundwork they spent the entire game laying. I want you to give me your thoughts on why DGB would leave you there as town.

Thesp, I would also like to hear your thoughts on this problem. It is really my biggest hang up about Talilan apart from their generally bad directorial moves.

edit: ok, I see you briefly addressed this in post 1440, but that seems weird considering that I don't know if the scum would have been thinking that far ahead. It was like what, scene 4 or 5 when Talilan was made director and DGB was assistant. I would think DGB would have wanted that seat.
Thesp wrote:I've been pondering, why hewitt as the advocate? He was quite high on the chopping block, so perhaps they were putting him on stage to avoid him being able to be lynched?
Except the scum don't get to choose who goes on stage, the director does. Talilan already said they CHOSE hewitt to be onstage, not that he was swapped up there because he was advocate.
Thesp wrote:Of course, to choose for S7, GaB would have had to fire Talilan during S6, which would have called her question into question, and they had S6 in the bag.
Really? I think DGB around scenes 5 and 6 still had a lot more pro-town cred than Talilan. I certainly would have welcomed the switch back then.
Thesp wrote:scum didn't want the town having good information (and hewitt was likely to be lynched given most potential three person groupings, so keeping him onstage kept him from being lynched).
Yeah, but it also gave him a much higher chance of going to endgame...why would the scum want that when he looks VERY scummy? This is a sort of counter to my belief of Talilan being scum.....this is the problem with such a huge thread, there is almost too much info to go one and some actions seem to blatantly contradict every single theory I can come up with.
Thesp wrote:hewitt's also gone dark again.
Yeah, which is ridiculous and probalby a good reason to lynch him. Then if he's town I'm sure he'd blame the loss on everyone else for being "stupid".
Thesp wrote:I think Talitha's agony over who to keep offstage feels very genuine, and I disagree with your assessment that ShadowLurker was obvtown (I certainly wasn't persuaded). And honestly, I'm glad Thok is confirmed scum, because I was completely snowed by him.
heh, I guess we just have to disagree on this one. (though Thesp had me pretty fooled for the most part too...glad he's not in endgame as well).
Tal wrote:VP, I'm pretty much done with you, and am starting to feel like Hewitt. I've answered the DGB thing.
Then quote it for me. Why the anger? I'm human too and probably just missed or forgot reading it. There is a lot of info here to go over. Why wouldn't DGB have just fired you and gave the scum the opportunity to push their top choices through to endgame? They clearly knew the numbers and knew one more mislynch was worst possible endgame.
Tal wrote:What's with the lol? I didn't say anything like what you twisted my words into. I am not saying I intentionally tried to get us into worst possible endgame and you are absurd to read that into it. I am saying that I THINK MY PICKS WORKED OUT BETTER THAN YOURS WOULD HAVE.
What I hate about that quote was that you are somehow trying to spin your choices as being positive when they were clearly not. From my perspective on the game, pre-scene 7, you could have made a much better choice. Simple. Perhaps the choices you made WOULD have worked out better than mine, I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is that, from my perspective, the choices you made weren't logical from a town perspective, but they do very much make sense if you are scum with one of the more protown looking people (Thesp). I very well could be wrong, but that's the two sides of it I see.
Talilan wrote:I do not want argue anymore. I'm with ortolan and refuse to argue at brick walls.
Where are you guys even getting this brick wall thing from? I don't feel like anyone is ignoring the points you put forth. This pouty act reminds me of when you guys were flooding the thread arguing with Gaspar, except now it is much more likely that you are going to be the lynch. I don't like it one bit.
Starkiss wrote:I'm purposely overlooking his voting record due to circumstance. I would not believe he, as scum, would have been a better pick than Goofball, or Thok for that matter. Considering the other mislynches we've had, I take into account whether it looks like these lynches are heading down the same path. Subconsciously, his age also plays a part in how I view him this game. I overthink when it comes to adult players, and admit I can be wrong as town a lot of times in one game. But, for some reason, I find it easier to evaluate teenagers.
I've never argued that hewitt would be a better choice than Goofball and Thok, what I am saying is that his approach to the game has been scummy and no one has pointed me to facts saying otherwise.

For instance, he said he had some interest in lynching KY Krew and Pooky, yet never really pushed for either to happen. It looks a great deal like distancing to me. DGB and Thok somewhat similar to those two once their scumminess started to show, iirc.

hewitt's anger, while more over the top than I have seen before, IS something I have seen him fake as scum.
Starkiss wrote:
VP wrote:And who do you think wrote that PM?
PNIA or Grey. I first think of Grey because I'm not certain whether anti-town can customize advocate PMs.
So you think he was duped by the mod?
Starkiss wrote:I could link/refer you to recent f*ck ups of mine, as town
I'm not without understanding. I've had horrible games before too, for sure. I'm just saying that you can't expect me to just buy this explanation hook, line and sinker when I know you are a capable player. You don't get to compare yourself to killa7 because it's not an accurate analogy.
Starkiss wrote:Lol. Weren't you a main supporter of my mislynch in Open 150? I wouldn't say I have any sort of solid meta because my playstyle is only affected by role, not alignment.
Yes, but so? That was our first game together and your playstyle (as with most new people I encounter) came across as scummy to me. Like it or not, everyone has a meta and I certainly have enough games with you to have a better understanding of your play than I did when we had no experience together.
Starkiss wrote:Same old VP from Open 150, I see. One thing I have to note about our time in "Cuckoo's Nest" mafia is that you [scum] lashed out against me after I dug up some dirt on you. I was wrong about who I thought you were coaching, but I'm seeing similar retaliation here. Then again... same old VP. You need meta.
Again, not an accurate analogy. First, I was on about your lynch well before you attacked me today. Second, Open 150 when we had 0 experience together compared to now when we have had at least 4 or 5 games is not the same.
Starkiss wrote:
VP wrote:Let's save our mislynch for tomorrow folks if we need it.
Eh? The context of this post suggest you know/expect a mislynch. Clarify or rephrase, please.
No, it really doesn't. I'm trying to get people to talk (Talilan, hewitt) so we can actually make the right choice.
MO wrote:Upgraded to Windows 7 last night. woooo
Sweet. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it later.

WAIT...did MO just hammer Talilan?

Damn it...answer these questions before night people. I guess I can't complain, but we'll see. Talilan flip should still be very telling.
YOUR AD HERE

Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:25 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

VP Baltar wrote:WAIT...did MO just hammer Talilan?
Apparently. I got so wrapped up in the condorcet nonsense I wasn't looking at the actual vote count.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

MO, that really makes me sad. Can I get some more thoughts from you before night.

There has been a lot said in the past 24 hrs. I'd like a little commentary from you on the issues you think are most important.
YOUR AD HERE

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:39 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:
4 to lynch.

Talilan: 4 (hewitt, Mighty Orbots, StarKiss, VP Baltar)

StarKiss: 2 (Talilan, Thesp)

Not Voting: 1 (zu_Faul)

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put the following information into this form.

1,hewitt
2,Mighty Orbots
3,StarKiss
4,Talilan
5,Thesp
6,VP Baltar
7,zu_Faul
8,No Lynch
9,Mr. Grey

1:4>5>1>3>6>9>2>8>7
1:3>5>1=2>6>7>4>8
1:3>1>2>4=6>8>5=7
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Scene 8.3

In another room of the mansion, Mr. Grey relaxes on a white settee. The furniture is out of place, but has sentimental value to him, and the cushions have been broken in just so...

He sips on his drink, probably some ridiculously old scotch, judging by the colour. His attention is on a large, high definition screen which shows the arguments in the other room so clearly that he can see the individual pores on the actors' faces.

The door bursts open and Mr. Grey's Assistant stumbles into the room. Her face is bloody and her clothes singed. And she is holding a gun, which she points directly at her employer.

Mr. Grey:
Ah, there you are, my dear. Have a seat...

She grimaces, both in pain and at his cheerful greeting. She had hoped for at least some sign of distress on his part. She doesn't pull the trigger, though. She lowers the gun and limps over to a chair positioned so that she can keep one eye on him and one eye on the screen.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:03 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Scene 8.4

Talilan:
Look, guys... I get it. You don't trust me. You need to kill me. You're just looking out for your own safety. Perfectly reasonable. I wish it didn't have to come to this, but, hey, that's life. But can someone tell me something? Please? Why does it have to be like this?

The others shrug, and continue circling the table. Talilan is secured to the table with thick rope, and is bleeding slowly from multiple shallow cuts which for some unknown reason are refusing to clot.

It is a slow process, but as she passes out from the loss of blood she doesn't feel much pain. At least, not until after she is dead.

zu_Faul:
Ours is not to reason why. Ours is but to do, and...

Talilan (Diane Keaton, Innocent) has been lynched. It is Night. Deadline is approximately 72 hours from this post.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Scene 9.1

zu_Faul:
...die.

As he finishes the quote, his body goes stiff and he falls forward, bouncing off the table and onto the floor. The others watch in silence as he writhes in pain, his fingers clutching at his skull, trying to get whatever is causing this out of his head and failing. Two are responsible, but they show no sign of it; the other three are too terrified, too concerned about their own prospects for survival than with figuring out how the evil doers among them are capable of killing instantly and with only a thought.

The lights go out, momentarily. When they are restored, both bodies are missing.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:42 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Scene 9.2

Mr. Grey's Assistant:
Can't you stop this?

Mr. Grey:
Even if I could... why would I want to?

Mr. Grey's Assistant:
How many more innocent people are going to die?

Mr. Grey:
Innocent? Only in that they aren't murderers. They all knew what they were signing up for, even if they didn't want to admit it to themselves. This is a dirty business. It will be good to retire.

Mr. Grey's Assistant?
Retire? I'm going to kill you.

Mr. Grey:
That's one way it may happen. Or, evil will prevail, and reshape reality. Or, my project will be complete and... well, that will be revealed soon enough, should it come to pass. But my foray into the film business... that is at an end...

Mr. Grey's Assistant:
And what then? If you survive this, I mean.

Mr. Grey:
Ah, your confidence that you will kill me is shaken already.

She raises the gun again, but immediately recognizes that this is an empty threat, and that he knows it. She lowers it again, and returns her attention to the screen. It may not matter what she chooses to do here, soon.

zu_Faul (Audrey Hepburn, Innocent Assistant Producer) has been killed. With 5 Actors remaining, it will take 3 votes to reach a majority before deadline, which is two weeks from this post.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Thesp »

Time to massclaim our info. It's unlikely to be useful, but it's possible. I want to do it today, and I want to go last (for reasons I will divulge later). I also don't want to waste time with it, so it'd better move quickly.

We lose on a no-lynch or mislynch today, folks.

I know who's at the top of my lynch list. (It should be pretty clear what soem of my thoughts are.) I am disappointed that I was not wrong about yesterday's results.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm fine with that plan Thesp. Who's claiming first?

<insert rant about MO early hammer>
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”