Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by Socrates »

Antiprod. Kyle is giving me the cold shoulder. :( I'm wondering if he is hoping that I will just go away if he keeps quiet long enough.

Earlier I endorsed the Hoopla wagon, but right now I am getting the sense that Hoopla's wagon is based on one of those things that townies do all the time but it gets called scummy anyway. In this case, its apathy and a low confidence. (See Serial's comments about fire and whatnot). It seems to me that generally, outside of players with an explicit scum meta of this sort of thing, passion and confidence has more of a direct correlation with a players interest and investment in a game, not their alignment.

Her case on charter is admittedly pretty bad, but I can also see it as a desperate bid from a townie who is getting harassed for her activity to say something, anything, even if it isn't that thought out.

That doesn't make Hoopla town in any fashion, but this isn't grounds that I am willing to follow through with a lynch for.

Okay, I am done playing the Hoopla apologist.

Hoopla, I would love to hear your thoughts on Kyle, RECKONER, and Col. Cathart. Also, what is, in your opinion, the single scummiest post in this game?

Well this turned into more than an antiprod, but whatever. Really sleepy. Post tomorrow maybe?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by charter »

If we can't get a Hoopla wagon going, I'm voting Reck and not changing it the rest of the day. We should be lynching Monkeyman, but whatever.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:19 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Eleventh support count of day 1:

charter (0)

kyle99 (1)
Hoopla

Moai Interceptor Cannons (0)

Debonair Danny DiPietro (0)

SerialClergyman (0)

Hoopla (1)
SerialClergyman

* Socrates (6)
Socrates, charter, Col.Cathart, kyle99, Moai Interceptor Cannons, MonkeyMan576

MonkeyMan576 (1)
Debonair Danny DiPietro

xRECKONERx (0)

nhammen (2)
nhammen, xRECKONERx

Col.Cathart (0)

SaintKerrigan (0)

Not supporting anyone (1)
SaintKerrigan

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to elect someone as mayor.

an * marks who would become mayor if the day ended right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eleventh vote count of day 1:

charter (1)
Hoopla

kyle99 (2)
xRECKONERx, Socrates

Moai Interceptor Cannons (0)

Debonair Danny DiPietro (1)
MonkeyMan576

SerialClergyman (0)

Hoopla (4)
charter, SerialClergyman, nhammen, Moai Interceptor Cannons

Socrates (0)

MonkeyMan576 (3)
Col.Cathart, kyle99, SaintKerrigan

xRECKONERx (0)

nhammen (0)

Col.Cathart (0)

SaintKerrigan (1)
Debonair Danny DiPietro

Not voting anyone (0)

With 13 votes available, it takes 7 votes to lynch someone. However, noone can be lynched before a mayor is elected.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:02 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

What do you mean, IF?

The wagon is rolling, 4 cotes and counting. Scum better hurry up and bus before the spots close up. Too many people vaugely agreeing with me and not enough votes thanks.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:02 am

And since noone has noticed it, and I know you're the queen of hidden meanings, what's with the indigo post, hoopla?
I'm old now.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:16 am

Post by Hoopla »

SerialClergyman wrote:And since noone has noticed it, and I know you're the queen of hidden meanings, what's with the indigo post, hoopla?
Why did you comment on the colour, and not my question? The post has no meaning beyond me wanting to post in a colour - that's the rules.

I'm going to attempt to make some better posts soon.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:18 am

Post by kyle99 »

Socrates wrote:Antiprod. Kyle is giving me the cold shoulder. :( I'm wondering if he is hoping that I will just go away if he keeps quiet long enough.
I'm here! What do you need to know?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:43 am

Post by charter »

Didn't realize there were four people voting Hoopla, thought it was just me and Serial.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Hoopla »

Hi Socrates.
Socrates wrote: Hoopla, I would love to hear your thoughts on Kyle, RECKONER, and Col. Cathart. Also, what is, in your opinion, the single scummiest post in this game?
I don't have a problem with kyle - I think SC made the point earlier, it's not a bad thing having these sort of players alive beyond day 1 as they're easy to read. But it's a double-edged sword too, as it's almost one less pair of eyes (if town) able to analyse play and catch scum. I'd like kyle to make a bit more effort, but I can't honestly suggest this without people violently spewing whatever they're drinking from their mouthes.

I think Reckoner is town - he has a sort of nonchalant, naive air about the way he posts. I've seen him do it as town. The one thing that irked me was him jumping on Socrates. But I agree with Moai's point earlier that putting yourself forward for mayor early doesn't seem like a smart scum play. It feels wifomy, but taking a less apathetic view, it makes more sense as town.

I haven't noted Cathart much, but flicking through his posts, I can't find anything that stands out at all. He's perhaps a bit too quiet.

--

I know I'm facing an uphill battle to receive any credibility whatsoever in my play, but I REALLY don't like how hard SC is pounding me. I know I've dug myself a hole, but it feels like he's down here with me digging. The main issue is how much he overexaggerated about my joking around, and then building me up so my next post becomes heavily scrutinised. I feel like whatever I posted could have been contorted to be scummy based purely on my then credibility.

Admittedly my first attempt was bad, and I think I have no right to have my vote on charter. I was just frustrated and don't like his tunneling.

Unvote

Vote: SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:13 am

Ugh. Pushing too hard? Zzz.

I wasn't sure - the rules say no codes, a purple post isn't a code. But then meh, it's a bit bizarre, even for a hoopla post.

I'll answer now.
I have a general theory question for anyone that wants to answer. What goes into your decision making when choosing your Day 1 lynch? Is it purely whoever you assess to be most scummy?
My decision making on D1 has gone through some radical overhauls to try to get it more effective. I used to suck on D1, then I used to lurk, then I used to hunt town, now I do a hybrid of a few different viewpoints. I hunt town, but if along the way I see something that might be dicey, I question it. If that questioning seems to work, I push a wagon. Then I look at the response to the wagon from the person being attacked and the town in general. But I'm always pragmatic and won't flog a dead horse if noone is seeing eye to eye.

It has been solidly effective. I'm limited in demonstrating that effectiveness, but take this for example.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12461

Wagon wagon wagon. More votes on hoopla please.
I'm old now.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:19 am

Post by Hoopla »

SerialClergyman wrote:Ugh. Pushing too hard? Zzz.

I wasn't sure - the rules say no codes, a purple post isn't a code. But then meh, it's a bit bizarre, even for a hoopla post.
Yes. I'd imagine you'd be a bit more forgiving considering you're working with no confirmed alignments - but it isn't even that. It's your tone too - when you were onto me in Commie mafia you did it nicely. You feel very bullish.

I post in colours in some of my other games when the mood is right.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:23 am

Sorry if my tone offended you - I like you very much and like playing with you, I just think you're scum :(
I'm old now.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:25 am

Post by Hoopla »

If you could put it into percentages or whatever, how confident are you?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:27 am

Maybe 40%? A bit higher? Not quite a coinflip, somewhere around there.
I'm old now.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

charter wrote:If we can't get a Hoopla wagon going, I'm voting Reck and not changing it the rest of the day.
We should be lynching Monkeyman, but whatever.
Let's get this done then.

Unvote; Vote: Monkeyman
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

*facepalm*

Hate to break it to you folks, but neither Hoop nor MM are the lynches for today. kylelynch gogogo
green shirt thursdays
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:13 am

Post by charter »

I did a little rereading, seeing if it will be possible to get seven votes on Monkeyman, and it's not going to happen if we elect Socrates. I'm willing to elect someone who will vote Monkeyman in order to ensure a Monkeyman lynch.

Of those voting Monkeyman, I'd only elect myself or DDD, and I don't think either one of us stands a realistic shot at being elected though.

I also noticed that Reckoner has said squat about Monkeyman the whole game, which looks very suspicious. I think Socrates pointed out that kyle didn't say anything about Monkeyman until after his claim, when he voted for Monkeyman, and the post of kyle's was very suspicious. I dunno, I want to see Monkeyman's flip as soon as possible, because if he does wind up being town, there's some people that look mighty suspicious (kyle for one).
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:56 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Scum-DDD, and Tunneling-charter are trying to get a wagon going on the cop, big surprise.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:39 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

charter, I'm not saying anything about MM because
I don't feel like wasting time even considering lynching the claimed cop
. There are other places to find our D1 lynch.

MM is semi-right, though, your tunneling is rather... stand-out.
green shirt thursdays
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

xRECKONERx wrote:charter, I'm not saying anything about MM because
I don't feel like wasting time even considering lynching the claimed cop
. There are other places to find our D1 lynch.

MM is semi-right, though, your tunneling is rather... stand-out.
How am I only semi-right? It seems like you're trying to agree with my statement without looking like you're buddying me. If I'm right, you should say so.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

xRECKONERx wrote:*facepalm*

Hate to break it to you folks, but neither Hoop nor MM are the lynches for today. kylelynch gogogo
Why do you want to lynch Kyle?
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by nhammen »

kyle99 wrote:So does this mean that you guys still don't want to lynch monkey? Because he seems the most scummy right now. For anyone not voting money, is it because you believed his Cop claim, or because you don't think he's scummy for other reasons.
There is enough of a possibility of it being true for me to not want to lynch him today. Also, if Monkey is scum, who are his partners?
xRECKONERx wrote:*facepalm*

Why not Hoopla?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Socrates »

Kyle, I want you to respond to this:
Socrates wrote:
Kyle wrote:So you think that monkeys claim of cop is legit? Because claiming cop on day one is almost always a bad thing to do, especially without a known doctor. Monkey being scum is the only logical reason I can think of claiming cop, besides the option of monkey being a bad player, which I don't think. If monkey is actually the cop, then he's almost guarenteed to be lynched tonight, which wouldn't be good for the town. Thus, I think monkey being scum is the only logical reason for claiming cop.
What do you think cops should do if they are wagoned to a claim? Lie about their role?

And saying that he shouldn't have claimed yet wont fly with me. Monkey is the type of player who will see that he is at L-1 and claim without considering the context of the situation.
Your hop on Monkey looks sooooo much like scum justification to jump on a power role. Please, flesh out your thought process in order to convince me that it is genuine.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Socrates wrote:Kyle, I want you to respond to this:
Socrates wrote:
Kyle wrote:So you think that monkeys claim of cop is legit? Because claiming cop on day one is almost always a bad thing to do, especially without a known doctor. Monkey being scum is the only logical reason I can think of claiming cop, besides the option of monkey being a bad player, which I don't think. If monkey is actually the cop, then he's almost guarenteed to be lynched tonight, which wouldn't be good for the town. Thus, I think monkey being scum is the only logical reason for claiming cop.
What do you think cops should do if they are wagoned to a claim? Lie about their role?

And saying that he shouldn't have claimed yet wont fly with me. Monkey is the type of player who will see that he is at L-1 and claim without considering the context of the situation.
Your hop on Monkey looks sooooo much like scum justification to jump on a power role. Please, flesh out your thought process in order to convince me that it is genuine.
It's not me trying to flush out a power role simply because I don't believe his claim. I don't know who here actually believes this, but if I actually believed it, I wouldn't vote to lynch him.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Socrates »

That isn't your argument at all. In the paragraph
that I just quoted
you claimed that his claim was a really bad move for a cop to make so you have to conclude that he must be scum fakeclaiming. You were using Monkey's claim itself to justify your vote right there.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”