MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 892 - Mayor Mafia (GAME OVER)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Result:
Town wins!

Congratulations to Moai Interceptor Cannons, SaintKerrigan, nhammen, SerialClergyman, Hoopla, xRECKONERx, Socrates, charter and Debonair Danny DiPietro!

Players:

Alive (2):
  • Moai Interceptor Cannons
  • SaintKerrigan (MAYOR)
Dead (9):
  • MonkeyMan576 (lynched day 1)
  • nhammen (killed night 1)
  • SerialClergyman (killed night 1)
  • Hoopla (lynched day 2)
  • xRECKONERx (killed night 2)
  • Socrates (killed night 2)
  • kyle99 (lynched day 3)
  • charter (killed night 3)
  • Debonair Danny DiPietro (killed night 3)
  • Col.Cathart (lynched day 4)
Gamechanging events:
The mayor of Weglosen (pro-town NPC) died night 0.
Beginning of day 1.
A mayor has been elected.
Day 1 ended in a lynch.
Two players killed night 1.
Day 2 ended in a lynch.
Two players killed night 2.
Day 3 ended in a lynch.
Two players killed night 3.
Day 4 ends in a lynch and endgame.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAME RULES

General

01. This is a game, it's supposed to be fun. Make sure you have fun, but please don't ruin the fun of others.

02. Players are required to know the rules. Whenever a rolepm contradicts the rules, the rolepm applies. Because of this, players are also required to read their rolepm.

03. Any questions to the mod should be asked through pm. Questions in the game thread may not be answered.

04. The mod is only human, and can make mistakes. If you believe you've spotted a mistake by the mod, please let him know.

05. The mod reserves the right to act in the way he deems best for the game. In exceptional circumstances, he could take actions that actually contradict these rules.

06. Only the mod and players who are alive in the game are allowed to post in the game thread. No bah posts allowed.

07. It is not allowed to talk about this game outside of the game thread, except with the mod. This includes talking with people who aren't in the game!

08. It is also not allowed to use coding, small or invisible text to hide information in your messages inside the thread. (note that coding includes simple codes such as hiding a word in the first letters of each paragraph of a post)

09. Do not quote any private conversations with the mod inside the thread. Do not discuss formatting of such conversations either.

10. Not posting is unacceptable. Players are expected to post at least once every day. If you are unable to do so, please inform us through the Vacation/Limited Access thread. If you do not post for 48 hours without prior informing, you will receive a prod. Not posting for 24 hours after that, or being prodded twice during a game day, will result in a replacement.

11. Players are not allowed to edit or delete posts they made in the game thread.

12. Any action that is illegal to do, is also illegal to fake.

The rules of Mafia

13. The game of mafia consists of days and nights. This game starts with day. During the day, the thread is open for posting, during the night the thread is closed.

14. In the game, players can die. A player has died (and should therefore stop posting) as soon as the mod has posted that that player died. Dead players can still win. Dead players can't use any abilities they have.

15. Each day, the players vote on someone to lynch. A lynched player will die. For convenience of the mod and other players, voting should be done in the format
Vote: Player Name
. Votes can be withdrawn by unvoting, in the format
Unvote: Player Name
. A vote or unvote will be counted if, after reading the post, the mod believes there was intent to vote.

16. As soon as a mayority of votes (more then half the number of votes) agrees on a person to lynch, that decision stands. Vote changes after that will no longer be counted.

17. It is also possible to decide not to lynch anyone. Votes for this decision should read
Vote: No Lynch
. It requires a mayority of votes for a no lynch to take place.

18. Each game day will last until the mod posts that the day has ended. This happens if the players have made a decision on a lynch, or when the deadline hits, whichever comes first. Each day, deadline hits after a number of days equal to 3*[number of living players]. In the game specific rules can be found what happens if the players haven't reached a decision at the end of the day.

19. Likewise each night will last until the mod posts that the night ends. A night lasts at least 48 hours. If a player has a nightchoice, their rolepm tells what happens if they do not send it in during the night.

20. The game ends as soon as anyone has fullfilled his or her win condition, or if there have been three day/night (or night/day) cycles without a death, or if everyone has died.

21. At the end of the game, all players who have fullfilled their wincondition win, and all players who haven't fullfilled their wincondition lose.

Game specific rules

22. This game contains the special role of mayor.

23. At the beginning of the game, the players decide who gets this role. This decission works as a normal lynching decission, except that votes should read
Support: Player Name
and
Unsupport: Player Name
. Day 1 can't end through a lynch before a mayor has been chosen. If, at the end of the day, no player has received the support of the majority of players, the player with the most support will become mayor. If there is a tie, the first player to have reached the highest amount of support will become mayor. If noone has received any support, a random player will become mayor.

24. The mayor decides who will succeed him, should he die. Within 48 hours after having been appointed mayor, the newly appointed mayor should sent a private message to the mod with a list of all players and the order in which they'll succeed him. The mayor is allowed to alter this list at any time. Whenever the mayor dies, the living player highest on this list will become the new mayor. If the mayor fails to send in a choice within the allotted time, he will be prodded. If he fails to send in a choice within another 48 hours, he will be replaced.

25. If a mayor who has not yet sent in a list (because he hasn't been mayor for long) would die (because the majority of the town decided on his lynch or because he was killed at night), this dead does not take place before he has sent in his list. However, if he needs to be replaced because he did not sent in a list, a random player will become the new mayor instead. If a mayor is selected through this procedure, a message informing the town of this will be posted by the mod.

26. The mayor's vote counts double (effectively he has 2 votes, both of which must be cast on the same person), provided this does not change the number of votes needed for a majority. (For example, with 6 players alive, including the mayor, there would be either 6 votes (if the mayor isn't a double voter) or 7 votes (if the mayor is a double voter) in play. In both cases, it would require 4 votes to lynch. Therefore, the mayor would have 2 votes in that case. However, if there were only 5 players alive, including the mayor, there would be either 5 votes (if the mayor isn't a double voter) or 6 votes (if the mayor is a double voter) in play. The required number of votes for a majority when there are 5 votes in play is 3, the required number of votes for a majority when there are 6 votes in play is 4. The double vote would change the required number of votes for a majority, therefore the mayor doesn't have 2 votes here.)

27. If, at the end of the day, the players have not reached a decission on who to lynch, the mayor makes the decission, regardless of the vote count at that moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vanilla townies received the following rolepm.
Vanilla townie role pm wrote:
Rolename:

Vanilla Townie

Vital information:

You are a townie

You have the following abilities:

During day 1, you can show your support for which player should become mayor.

During the day, you can vote on which player should be lynched.

You have the following win condition:

You win when all threats to the town are dead, and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Other information:

Please confirm that you have read the rules and your rolepm by sending a pm to the moderator, starting with the word [WORD]. If you have not confirmed within 48 hours after I sent you this pm, I will sent you a prod. If you don't confirm within 24 hours after that, I will start looking for a replacement.

I will post in the thread (which can be found HERE) and send all players a pm when the game starts. The start of the game will be at least 72 hours after I have sent out the rolepms. If I need to replace people pre-game, the start of the game will be later.

Before the start of the game, the thread is open. You are free to post there. However, votes and mayor supports made before the start of the game will not be counted.
Last edited by MichelSableheart on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 15 times in total.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:50 pm

In a small, isolated valley in the Swiss Alps lies the village of Weglosen. The only entranceway to the valley is through the Waagtalstrasse, which comes from Waag in the north. The valley is not densely populated, with four houses in the village, and another nine farms spread over the rest of the valley. The main source of income is tourism, the village being the base of many a ski-trip or hike. Most of the tourists arive by bus, spend the day, and leave again long before dark. It's a peacefull village. Or at least, it was before all residents received the same letter one wintermorning:

Dear citizens of Weglosen,

Firm evidence has come into my possession that a group of criminals is trying to take over our village. They must have been planning this for a long time, because some of our longtime residents are members of this organisation. All lines of communication with the outside world have been cut, and with the storm that will be raging in the next couple of days, it is highly unlikely that someone will be able to reach us. I am going to attempt to reach Waag and inform the authorities, but I fear I may not make it.

If indeed I won't make it, this group will murder all residents, and will bring in members of their gang to replace them. If everyone in the village tells the investigators the same story, why would they be disbelieved?

Even if I don't survive, however, there is a way to prevent this from happening. It's risky, and not completely legal, but it could prevent our lovely village becoming a heaven for criminal activity. In the basement of my house is an old set of gallows. If you use those to lynch a village member every day, you might be able to kill of all impostors before they manage to completely eliminate our town.

Choose my successor wisely, and listen to him.

I pray for your survival,

your mayor

Going outside, they found the entranceway to the valley blocked by an avalance. Just visible below the rocks and snow was a gleam of red from the mayor's car. A better search revealed the spot higher on the mountains were some rocks had been dislodged to cause the disaster. Clearly, the mayor had been right. The villagers knew what to do.

The mayor of Weglosen has been killed night 0. He is now dead. He was a pro-town NPC.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Role pm's are going out now. The thread will be unlocked as soon as all role pm's have been sent.

EDIT: all role pm's have been sent.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:44 pm

Post by Hoopla »

i think i know who should be mayor, but i'm not ready to talk about it in confirmations, as i assume mafia have the ability to talk during this phase.

Also, boo at rule 8!

08. It is also not allowed to use coding, small or invisible text to hide information in your messages inside the thread. (note that coding includes simple codes such as hiding a word in the first letters of each paragraph of a post)
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:04 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

!support hoopla's objection.

Although knowing your penchant for I'm thread secret communication, this could be a blessing in disguise.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:06 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

*in thread
I'm old now.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I support myself or nhammen for mayor.

Discuss.
green shirt thursdays
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:47 am

Post by charter »

We're obviously electing Serial. Not much discussion needed.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

charter wrote:We're obviously electing Serial. Not much discussion needed.
We are?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:29 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Why's that?
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
We are?
Seconded.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:53 am

Post by Hoopla »

I will post in the thread (which can be found HERE) and send all players a pm when the game starts. The start of the game will be at least 72 hours after I have sent out the rolepms. If I need to replace people pre-game, the start of the game will be later.
I really think it isn't a brilliant idea to talk too much about mayor choices, set-up discussion, or anything that could be alignment telling until this 72 hour window is closed. Scum will most likely be able to talk during this period, and I don't want to give them three days worth of day-talking and planning if this game psuedo-begins now.

I encourage everyone to post sparingly or chat about non-game related things. But lets not talk about the game until we actually begin.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:29 am

Post by charter »

Fine.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:05 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I'm suspicious of anyone who says the election results should be "obvious" or says they should be mayor(seems self serving).
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Moai Interceptor Cannons »

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Socrates »

Hoopla wrote:
I really think it isn't a brilliant idea to talk too much about mayor choices, set-up discussion, or anything that could be alignment telling until this 72 hour window is closed. Scum will most likely be able to talk during this period, and I don't want to give them three days worth of day-talking and planning if this game psuedo-begins now.

I encourage everyone to post sparingly or chat about non-game related things. But lets not talk about the game until we actually begin.
I guess a Counterpoint would be that the scum won't have had a chance to fully coordinate how they are going to handle the election and waiting to discuss that would eliminate such a window, and they will be fully ready when we do start discussing. Oh well, I don't care too much.

In other news, I was looking at my moniter from a funny angle and just realized that the background to Hoopla's avatar is purple, not black.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:33 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Why am I the fat old guy?
green shirt thursdays
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by kyle99 »

xRECKONERx wrote:Why am I the fat old guy?
Haha sorry. My guy is hidden from view...
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Cruciare »

xRECKONERx wrote:Why am I the fat old guy?
In a few years' time, Reckoner, you're going to ask yourself this exact same question as you look at the family portrait. Think back and reflect on all those times you asked for an upsize on your order - I pray you'll find enlightenment there.
[i]My horse is a motorbike; your argument is invalid.[/i]
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Woops that was my alt.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

So it's Cruciare actually! This game is going to be even better than I thought! ;]

Also, looks like I got a kickass sunglasses (at least I think those are sunglasses), so I'm not complaining :P

Moai Interceptor Cannons
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Cathart, I deduce that you are scum from your post just now. What say you?
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

I say, you're wrong. Surprising, isn't it? ;]

Moai Interceptor Cannons
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Bravo, Cathart. I stand corrected. But I will get you one day, Cathart, mark my words.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by nhammen »

Hello charter! You were in the second newbie game I played!
Hello Debonair Danny DiPietro! You are in a game I'm modding!
Hello Hoopla! You're in Reckoner's game I just died in!
Hello MonkeyMan576! You were in DAy Night Mafia... and I thought you were scum... sorry bout that.
Hello xRECKONERx! This is the third game we've been in together, plus the game you're modding.

Once the game starts, I will use all of this information to make a very detailed, very detail-less, random vote.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”