Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Sanjay »

MordyS, you know damn well how that is going to make you look.

Why do it?
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by MordyS »

Because I'm frustrated. Between archaebob, foilist13 and PhaerieM there are practically thousands of "cases" against me that none one of them has seen fit to bring. Instead they allude to them and promise to get to them very soon. You might be right about archaebob -- he's probably a fail-townie. Foilist13 might be a fail townie too, but at least archaebob looks like he's trying. He's not just appealing to other people's cases (or non-cases). He AT LEAST has an OMGUS to explain his bad play. Foilist13 has no excuse at all.

And finally, if archaebob is town, and I'm lynched today, then archaebob will be lynched tomorrow. It'll be a huge town disaster. So I'm going to push foilist13 as hard as I can so that if I'm lynched tomorrow, hopefully fail-townie archaebob has some room to maneuver tomorrow and scum can't stack lynches two days in a row.

It's kinda criminal what's happened in this game over Day Two. I blame it partially on my tunneling on Peanutman and partially on SpyreX -- a player who actually knows how to play leaving. I'm just disgusted and I'd like to lynch the guy who deserves it.
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by MordyS »

EBWOP Leaving = obv being NK'd. I'm sure he wasn't happy to go.

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Jesus Christ. Page 52 on Day 2 of a mini? Seriously?

MordyS has basically stolen my thunder re: approach to the game. I find it extremely unlikely that one of them was on the SocioPath wagon early which is why I'm baffled as to why people are pushing on players on that part of the wagon when there are better candidates around.

I absolutely will not vote prob townies, and MordyS is one of those. And not just for his place on the wagon either.
cruelty wrote:@PZ, you didn't actually give us any idea of where you're leaning right now. Who do you find suspicious - still me? bob? Mordy? foilist?
I gave it at the beginning of the day and my approach hasn't changed. I feel like an attempt has been made to muddy the waters (damage control) and I don't like it.
Papa Zito wrote:cruelty
AGM
archaebob
Gammagooey
peanutman
AGM and peanutman go off the list.

cruelty
archaebob
Gammagooey

At least one if not both our scum are on this list.

And I'm sorry I'm not posting a ton but I'm sick, and this game is really hard to keep up with.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Yo, Big Papa:

Why aint foilist13 on the list?

I admit that I'm mostly lynching him because I don't want him around at lylo, but foilist13 was off the list of probable scum and I really can't remember why that was the case.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Sanjay wrote:Yo, Big Papa:

Why aint foilist13 on the list?

I admit that I'm mostly lynching him because I don't want him around at lylo, but foilist13 was off the list of probable scum and I really can't remember why that was the case.
He's borderline. He hopped aboard the wagon right after SpyreX posted his prob townie list (which is "whoooosh" as a famous philosopher once said) but he's not as bad as those who avoided the wagon or attempted to derail it.

It's why I suggested he be the cop investigation. If it turns out Foilist is town also then we had competing townie bandwagons, which makes the SocioPath wagon even more interesting.
Kappa
Just Monika
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by archaebob »

@ Papa Zito -

Please answer this honestly...have you read my posts about MordyS, seriously, and thoroughly? I don't blame you if you haven't, as I understand how annoying a flood of words can be to sift through, but your current opinion sounds a little uninformed. If you still entirely reject the case on Mordy, I'd like to know why you aren't bothered by the multitude of points I have brought up against him.

@ MordyS -

Honestly, I don't have time in the next two days to respond to you properly, and I think what I post next about you is going to be the most important post I've made this game. And I want to do it properly.
MordyS wrote: You know what? Fuck it. Foilist13, you can't make your own case, you can't deal with information in the thread, you've been playing terribly/scummily since day one, you jumped onto the wagon after my cut-off point, you're indicating archaebob's "super strong case" which I have totally dealt with and dispersed. I don't know if Archaebob is scum or not. He's certainly been scummy, but at this point, you're practically a policy lynch. I don't really care how this makes me look either.

Unvote
Vote: foilist13
Jesus, Mordy, what's the problem? You sound...hysterical. With only two votes on you, I don't understand why you are responding so poorly to pressure.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Sanjay »

archaebob, you scumhunt better when you have less time on your hands.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by MordyS »

Yep. There I go again. Making bad cases and lying to the town. (Sarcasm.) Maybe I'm just offended by foilist13's horrific play and getting ticked off by how you've joined him scraping the bottom of the Mafia skill barrel.

archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by archaebob »

Everyone please note
that MordyS's last few posts entirely invalidate any arguments he might have had about my reacting poorly (or "hysterically") to pressure.

i mean jeez, the ad hominem is just
heartbreaking
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by archaebob »

Note: I don't think that MordyS's frustration is a scum-tell. Mordy is cracking under pressure, and I've seen it happen to town. However, he's still scum for all the other things I've brought up, and I do find his latest foilist vote to be absurd.
"Just asking, jeez..."
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by MordyS »

Actually, you've played exceedingly poorly. That's not an ad hominem. I'm not insulting you personally. I'm insulting your skill and that is absolutely germane to this game. Moreover, not only do I barely expect your kind of playing from newbie games (of which this is not one), but I find it incredibly frustrating that I have to consider with you and foilist13 whether you're scum or just completely lack an inability to think critically. Which is to say: If you can think critically, you are absolutely scum. Ditto with foilist13. And yet, instead of being able to pursue a sound strategy of, say, lynching liars, lynching badlogic players, etc, I have to spend my bloody time reading your meta to uncover whether your complete asinine bullshit is actually a town tell or not.

Can you see why that might be frustrating? As you continue to push a case against me that I've completely explained, while you have simultaneously avoided defending yourself at every twist and turn? Can you see why I might be annoyed, especially when Sanjay comes and says, "Well, archaebob being a total idiot might be a town tell." And then foilist13 displays contempt for any suggestion of reason or thought as though such considerations are either beneath him, or just simply not worth wasting time on. How exactly am I supposed to scum hunt when pointing out bad logic and lying (and yes, you have consistently ignored points I've made, misrepresented my positions, and claimed to have made cases that you in fact did not make -- all things I loosely consider lying). I almost wanted to be lynched at one point just so you could realize how much of a bloody idiot you are, but then I remembered you could, and probably are, scum, and I'd get no satisfaction from rubbing that nonsense in your face.

Do you understand where the perfectly legitimate frustration comes from? By contrast, your hysteria, as I've pointed out, comes in the form of inanity, lies, and total disregard for logic.

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Lawl Sanjay.
archaebob wrote:@ Papa Zito -

Please answer this honestly...have you read my posts about MordyS, seriously, and thoroughly? I don't blame you if you haven't, as I understand how annoying a flood of words can be to sift through, but your current opinion sounds a little uninformed. If you still entirely reject the case on Mordy, I'd like to know why you aren't bothered by the multitude of points I have brought up against him.
Why are you insinuating that I'm not answering things honestly?

I am absolutely in tune with MordyS' view of the game (or vice versa, whatever) and I absolutely see where he's coming from. I also see his frustration and it feels genuine to me. I don't buy your points on him. I feel he's defended his position.
Kappa
Just Monika
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Archae and Papa, read foilist in iso from 114 to now please. Some highlights include:

-voting for Mordy using someone else's reasoning without checking it that turns out to be false (the mentions of Sanjay vs. other players) (115)

-stating that Mordy's arguments are all OMGUS and insults when Mordy voted and made a case first (116)

-And repeating that he thinks OMGUS is a big part of Mordy's case despite Mordy's clear list of points on the same page that details why he thinks archae is scummy. (118)

Papa, do you think that if foil was investigated and turned up inno his arguments as a confirmed townie would be useful?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Sanjay »

If foil is investigated and turns up innocent I'll have no idea whether peanutman is sane, insane, naive or lying.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by archaebob »

Mordy, you can keep spitting as many platitudes as you want about me, but the fact is, my arguments haven't been ridiculous, you have not responded to them satisfactorily, and your arguments against me do not hold up to the facts.

I'm going to avoid instigating anymore at the moment, as I have a lot of respect for Phaerie's complaints about the output of this thread.
"Just asking, jeez..."
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Gammagooey wrote:Papa, do you think that if foil was investigated and turned up inno his arguments as a confirmed townie would be useful?
No. His
status
would be really helpful though. Reducing the possible scum pool yet further... it'll be too shallow for them to hide.

Why are you directing this at us in particular?
Kappa
Just Monika
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by MordyS »

Platitudes? Jesus christ. You barely know English.

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

archaebob wrote:have a lot of respect for Phaerie's complaints about the output of this thread.
Sigh, buddying.

unvote: cruelty
vote: archaebob
Kappa
Just Monika
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by MordyS »

EBWOP: I really have tried being polite to archaebob, but at this point I don't know what else to do. I've answered every question he's asked me. Since that question is primary: "WHY DO U ATTACK ME?" it hasn't been a particularly hard question to answer. I have about a dozen questions against him that he has not answered. For instance, he still hasn't explained why he continued to push the story that Gammagooey promised to hammer two pages earlier than Gammagooey actually did.

Did you lie, archaebob? Are you a liar?

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Because you and archae seem to be ignoring foilist's comments at the moment, and I don't think that if he is town, he would be a useful and intelligent member in LYLO. Quite honestly, I think he's a liability to the town regardless of his alignment.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by MordyS »

archaebob wrote:I'm going to avoid instigating anymore at the moment
Uh. Is this a scumtell?

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Gammagooey wrote:Because you and archae seem to be ignoring foilist's comments at the moment, and I don't think that if he is town, he would be a useful and intelligent member in LYLO. Quite honestly, I think he's a liability to the town regardless of his alignment.
Er. You're making a huge assumption about game state here. Why is Lylo even entering the equation at this point?

And I can't see why a confirmed town Foilist is a liability. If you don't like his arguments you could just ignore them but you'd at least you could take them at face value.
Kappa
Just Monika
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Papa wrote:
Gamma wrote:Because you and archae seem to be ignoring foilist's comments at the moment, and I don't think that if he is town, he would be a useful and intelligent member in LYLO. Quite honestly, I think he's a liability to the town regardless of his alignment.
Er. You're making a huge assumption about game state here. Why is Lylo even entering the equation at this point?

And I can't see why a confirmed town Foilist is a liability. If you don't like his arguments you could just ignore them but you'd at least you could take them at face value.
Because I'm trying to take into account the worst-cast scenario here. Best case, archae is scum, gets lynched, and we find the last scum member tommorrow for an awesome win. But assuming the best-case scenario is the one that's going to happen is dumb, and I think that just about anyone else would be much more useful to have their opinions as confirmed if they are investigated and turn up town.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by MordyS »

If someone puts archaebob at L-1, once he claims I'll hammer him.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”