Open 184: Friends and Enemies Mafia (Over)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Netopalis wrote:ABR: I've asked you multiple times to substantiate your claims and you've refused to. What makes you 80% sure that I'm scum?
There is plenty substance to my accusations of hewitt.
Netopalis wrote:ABR, I know it's kind of pointless now, but can you please explain why you originally suspected him?
As I've explained in lengthy posts why hewitt is scummy, I take this question to mean "how" I originally suspected him. Well, when he voted for me I wanted to pressure him a little bit. And as other players piled more vote onto him, he started to break down under pressure, threatening the town to lose without him, insulting the players, basically making a tragedy about it. He got scummier and scummier and couldn't defend himself against any of the arguments against him.

And then CSL interrupted my fun and all but claimed scum. As opposed to the rest of you, his posts make a lot of sense to me. Let me attempt to decipher CSL-speak:
CSL wrote:You both are scumtells, and nulltells...Gah, I can't decide.
"I will attempt to look
contemplative
of the situation."
I'm getting tired of these arguments. There is nothing that seperates me from a hewitt lynch.
"It's not going to work! The town will end up saying I'm wishy washy if I don't make a decision!! I must take a side now to avoid seeming scummy.
CSL wrote:With that post, hewitt is either protown, or extremely skilled town. That post, as far as I know, is protown. HOWEVER, this doesn't mean I'm done with you, hewitt.
"No!! I made the wrong play! Oh I know what to do, I'll claim that hewitt is either protown or extremely skilled town to remain
contiguous
with my backing off of him. Note to self: remember to say that I'm not done with hewitt so that my sudden unvote doesn't look too
brusque
."
CSL wrote:Well, someone commented negatively on hewitt.

Unvote; Vote: hewitt

Quick or not quick, hewitt's scummy ass needs to die.
"Crap! That was the wrong play too! Go back go back go back."
CSL wrote:All right.

Go ahead and lynch me. Once I turn town, go for hewitt. If he ends up being town, then go for ABR, as he and hewitt made an argument. If hewitt flips scum, then ABR is town, and then go for DLA.
"Oh shit I'm so fucking scummy, there's no way anyone will miss my last half a dozen posts...well, I knew this was going to happen
at some point
. Time to enable plan B: throw some wifom and prepare for lynching."
CSL wrote:The only way I'd get out of this game is if I
Unvote
and quite possibly
Vote: CSL

I had fun, but there are some kinks I need to work on, and it won't do in this game
"I almost had it. My next game, the town will behold an all new CSL!"
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Netopalis »

*shrugs* Multiple ways to read that, none of which should make you 80% sure that I'm scum.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:05 am

Netopalis wrote:*shrugs* Multiple ways to read that, none of which should make you 80% sure that I'm scum.
I haven't even
begun
talking about. And I might not have to, depending on the rest of the town's scumdar.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:32 am

Post by hewitt »

DarkLightA wrote:you're claiming scum?
Never mind I'm not regretting unvoting Ellibereth have you read this game DLA? The case I made on Netopalis was a fake case that ABR asked me to make, as an example of a case of Netopalis made from a scum player. I then cooperated and made that fake case. It's not a real case you %@#!$d people, it's fake and only scum would see actual reason to follow it because it's not real.
Ellibereth wrote:I don't see what's so pro-town about Neto...
That's because you clearly have not read this game.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:35 am

Post by dramonic »

The Fifth Votecount: Note to Self: SC != StrangerCoug

SerialClergyman (2): Saberwolf, Farside
DarkLightA (1): Hewitt,
hewitt (1): Elli
saberwolf (3): Ojanen, DarkLightA, Netopalis
Netopalis (1): ABR

Not Voting (4): KittyMo, SttB, SerialClergyman, Kikuchiyo

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is the 23rd at 23:59!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:36 am

farside22 wrote:Where has a townie ever voted themselves day 1?
Well farside, Scum esurio self-voted here. Scum CKD self-voted here. Scum Noramp self-voted on Day 1 here. Scum Cojin self-voted on Day 1 here.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:37 am

Do you see the same common denominator as I do?

It's not just as simple as that, either. The devil is in the details, you see. I understand perfectly the thought process that CSL went through and even neatly wrote it for all of you. CSL is scum.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Netopalis »

But if CSL is scum, doesn't that mean you should be voting for SC rather than me? Not saying that it does, just wondering.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:40 am

I think you're scum too.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:43 am

Post by farside22 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
farside22 wrote:Where has a townie ever voted themselves day 1?
Well farside, Scum esurio self-voted here. Scum CKD self-voted here. Scum Noramp self-voted on Day 1 here. Scum Cojin self-voted on Day 1 here.
I know scum do it all the time it's a great way to kill convo. I'm asking about townies that do it. It was stated that CSL did it recently as a VT in a game. I did not find the self vote that was talked about.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

farside22 wrote:Unless there is another game in progress that has shotty and CSL in which CSL was lynched day one that I'm unaware that I found I go back to my question
Where has a townie ever voted themselves day 1? This time I want a game that is not currently ongoing so I can bring it up with quotes and such.

vote SC

This vote is serious as I looked through a game in progress and can not reference where I did not see the self vote that CSL did before.
I'm actually surprised, I swore he self-voted there, but apparently all he did was ask for replacement then bitch and moan, but his play was similar and he was town.

Also here's your example of a townie self-voting D1, courtesy of saberwolf.

ANGERWOLF
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Do you see the same common denominator as I do?

It's not just as simple as that, either. The devil is in the details, you see. I understand perfectly the thought process that CSL went through and even neatly wrote it for all of you. CSL is scum.
Really please explain his thought process. If you've conjured some devious scheme concocted in the mind of CSL I'll laugh my ass off.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:58 am

Post by saberwolf »

CSL wrote:Eh, I'd replace out, but it wouldn't do anyone any good, now will it?

The only way I'd get out of this game is if I
Unvote
and quite possibly

I had fun, but there are some kinks I need to work on, and it won't do in this game
Here's your self vote. That wasn't too hard to find.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:58 am

Shotty to the Body wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Do you see the same common denominator as I do?

Really please explain his thought process. If you've conjured some devious scheme concocted in the mind of CSL I'll laugh my ass off.
Post 550. And there is no evidence or record of CSL ever self-voting as scum. All the meta arguments are now to be swiftly tossed out the window.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:00 pm

EBWOP

as town*
saberwolf wrote:

Unvote
and quite possibly

You're not quite following the game, are you saber? We're talking about CSL's meta and history.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I think you're scum too.
Yes, that would indeed be what I was getting at. Why do you think that?

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

OK.

So here's what I can do. I can give you all my opinion on some of the issues in the game, let you know who I think are town and who are scum. I can't, despite Albert's flattery that was designed to get me lynched because he's an evil genius, solve the game and ride off into the sunset. I can't erase CSL's actions either. But hopefully I can get you to judge me not him. After all, he was replaced for a reason (and Albert asked for a replacement for a reason - yeah I saw that before asking for the modkill you sly dog).

Firstly, my reads.
Albert is town.
farsie is probably town.

I have no idea on hewitt. If I thought ABR was scum, I'd be sure Hewitt was town, but I'm almost certain he's not. The OMGUS is to be expected after an ABR rampage (especially if, as it seems from his post, he didn't quite get what ABR was about). Not the worst lynch in the world, actually. Deserved to have been policy lynched for quoting ABR's entire iso :roll:

Konowa/Ojanen are worthy of a look. Has only attacked DLA and Saber so far in the game, which, lets face it, are two of the most lynchbaity of the lynchbait. Indecisiveness between the wagons doesn't help his case.
konowa' biggest content post wrote:I had yet to decide whether or not I wanted to switch my vote. kikuchiyo understanding instantly what I meant and voting saber did play a small part in my decision. I, however, decided that between DLA and saber that saber was scummier to me at the moment. I think that DLA is also scummy and needs a good wagon, but I like my vote where it is right now.
Eewwww. Scummy. I am always wary of players who don't clash with the most assured personalities and doubly wary of them if they're indecisive amongst lynchbait.

DLA and saber are both too random to call. They look like lynchbait, especially with the suspicion they get.

Ellibereth is scum. That is an epic case of hold on for the ride bandwagoning. His entire play has been 'I agree'. He used to think Hewitt was scummy when ABR did, now he doesn't. Then he uses a post hewitt made about Neto to attack Neto? No answer for where the suspicion of hewitt went - just disappeared :/

I'll try to give you a sense of what I mean.
Ellibereth wrote:OK...I read through everything but I'm not completely sure what to post that isn't just repeated what people said...I'll be happy to answer any questions though.
What do you want me to say about the replacements?
Ellibereth wrote:
hewitt wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:To be honest, I think that Neto, DLA are scum...I didn't really find Neto's answer to hewitt's case that convincing.
...That wasn't even a real case that was a fake case. I don't think Netopalis is scummy at all and that "case" didn't need a response from him.
Why can't it be used as a real one?
farside wrote: Just reading elizabeth's post 276. Why are you voting hewitt? Nothing in that post shows a reason. How is hewitt misrep? Why are you taking one side over the other?
Ellibereth not elizabeth. :P
Cause I think he's scum.
He had a misrep in 218.
Etc etc. Keeping quiet, playing along, keeping suspicions in line with town opinion. Scum.

Neto is also a good chance of flipping scum. He's been voting the same lynchbait targets as would be expected. Suggested a policy lynch without having the balls to actually say lets policy lynch someone, which is a scumtell in my eyes. He did have the balls to vote Albert though, which redeems him slightly, because bringing blue-eyed wrath upon oneself isn't always the best option.
Neto wrote:Oh, hi. Forgot you were playing. You seem to be doing an excellent job of going unnoticed.
I am getting suspicious of Saber, though, for his eagerness to hop onto that idea without putting in much thought.
No vote until next post here:
What the heck? I vote ABR to make a point, you hop on and vote him as well. I unvote him because I didn't want too many votes on him, then all of a sudden you feel a loss of conviction and unvote as well?

Vote: Saberwolf
Personally, I think that CSL's play makes him an excellent policy lynch in practically any game...but I know that this is going to be an extreme minority position in this game.
As for my not arguing strongly on DLA, that's honestly been because I have prior experience with him and I don't feel that my reads are that accurate for that reason
We've also got Shotty to the Body who is probably my top pick for scum. HE exhibits the same 'going for easy targets' mentality with the same 'unoriginal thinking' mentality. He starts off voting ofr Konowa (+++) but then relatively quickly both unvotes AND says that he's prepared to lynch either lynchbait candidate immediately without saying it's a policy vote.
Shotty to the Body wrote:I can't decide if I want to vote Saber, DLA, or keep it where it is, choices choices... Ah what the hell unvote, vote DLA
Then, what's the logical next step for the scumbucket? Joining the ABR-pushed wagon. Tick!
How is that a misrep? You accuse me and ABR of not contributing (which, at least in my case, is a flat-out lie) and use that as a scum-tell. That would imply that YOU contribute unless you're admitting to being scum? He never said you were a top contributer just that you don't contribute either, so now you're misrepping him.

unvote, vote hewitt
I could go for a DLA lynch today or tomorrow, if we lynched hewitt today and he flipped town I would be 100% behind a DLA lynch day two.
Lining up lynches. One of my faaaavourite scumtells, and one of the few conventional scumtells that actually does catch scum. This is essentially all I need for my vote. But then, this next post came along!
I encourage everyone to unvote vote DLA. ABR is an obvious scum-buddy to DLA considering how much DLA was vacuumed to ABR's opinions and as newb-scum didn't know any better to hide all the blatant buddying big enough to choke a horse.
Sorry, what? Shotty was right up in hewitt's business with his boy ABR and now ABR and DLA are scumbuddies? This is rubbish. When called on lining up lynches, he says (with historical innacuracy):
Who pushed Hewitt's lynch the hardest? ABR and DLA? Last time I checked pushing mislynches was bad? Hewitt said the same thing in 278. Why aren't you busting his balls?
There is more but this is already a gigantic wall, which I apologise for but it's my replacing in post. Essentially, he then defends CSL to show he's not going after easy targets and to try to heap crap onto farside when the reality is at about post 160 he said he was prepared to lynch TWO SEPARATE EASY TARGETS in saber and DLA.

I'm sure I've missed a few but these are the ones that jumped out. To be honest, I'd be down with a policy lynch of saber or DLA, a lynch of Ojanen/Konowa or a Neto lynch, but I'm heavily in favour of a Shotty lynch.

Now, to Albert's threats of impending doom upon my person.

The biggest issue that I don't understand is why Albert isn't focusing on hewitt. kiku made this point and was denounced for not having contributed much, but the point was lost somewhere. It seems to me that his theories of the game are centered around one player that he no longer wishes to vote.

For example, your dissertation of what CSL secretly meant depended on hewitt being a scum buddy. If not, it reads like it should, a bad player trying to work out if hewitt's defence was genuine or if it was scum on the end of a hook. He goes with his gut, changes his mind, remains suspicious - he's reacting in the right ways, just explaining it in a hamfisted way. But rather than that being indicative of hewitt's alignment (your buddies don't know whether to bus you or not), Albert suddenly switches. I've seen Albert reduce competent players to snivelling messes. Imagine what a barrage of attacks like htat would do to Newbie McHamfisted over there.

His 'claiming scum' was saying:
CSL wrote:The only way I'd get out of this game is if I Unvote and quite possibly Vote: CSL
Rubbish. That is a townie who thinks he's just fucked up beyond repair and is demoralised into getting rid of himself. If he'd chosen to replace out himself you might have more of a case, but he was forcibly replaced - essentially, his final action was to give up in frustration and wish his own death.

As for self-voting being a scum tell, I can only go by my own games but I'll give you the full list of players who have self voted.

saberwolf as town here
Raskol as town and peabody as scum here
Fallen angel as town here
Idiotking as town here

There may be more, but I think that's it. Either way - I've just had this exact argument with another town about 5 days ago when saberwolf self-voted in the top game. That is why I was pressing him for his views on CSL. They were consistent. (If he's said CSL was likely to be scum because of the self-vote, TRAP SPRUNG saber is scum, but not to be.)

The essence of my argument is that self-voting hold no value for scum and town. It's anti-town if you're town and anti-scum if you're scum. It's stupid, not playing to your win condition and deserves a replacement. But it's not indicative of one alignment or the other, it's indicative of BAD PLAY.

You can read as much of it as you like in the other game, but essentially that's the point. ANd it's a point Saber would know well because he was the one I asked the mod to forcibly replace when he started self-voting, but semioldguy is less ruthless than dramonic so we had to deal with him. In this game, CSL hands over the mantle and you can start getting actual reads on me.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:46 pm

tl:dr -

Top picks for scum, Shotty, Konowa, Neto.
Top picks for town, ABR, farside.

CSL was bad, not scummy. He's been replaced, get on with the game.

Vote in tl:dr so Mod doesn't miss it:
Vote Shotty to the Body
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by farside22 »

saberwolf wrote:

Unvote
and quite possibly

You're not helping and that link that shotty just showed makes me want to smack you.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Heh, wait till you see the saber link in my wall post.
I'm old now.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by saberwolf »

SC's big post has inspired me to

unvote; vote: shotty
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Those links are nothing.

SABER'S BEST EXAMPLE[/quote]
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by farside22 »

*feels impressed*

unvote
vote: shotty

This is mostly in regards to the comment he makes about being most assured of CSL's alignment and DLA's alignment. Anyone that sure about a person just give's me scum vibes. He keeps wanting to defend CSL so I would look again and SC just if shotty turned up scum.
Also the lining up lynches and on top of that it irks me to see my rational comments made be put off as nothing but once ABR comes in to vote shotty is quick to follow along. *detects a bit of budding up*
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by hewitt »

Wow, well. That was probably the most intelligent post this game has seen so far.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Meh, I'm still keeping my vote on Saber. He's exhibited every scumtell in the book, far beyond the bounds of bad play. I played in a game recently with him, and while he was pretty bad...he wasn't THIS bad. I think we can distinguish the two games and say that he looks scummy anyway, but in games in which he actually is scum, he looks EXTREMELY scummy.

As for going for the easy targets....Meh. The problem is that in this game, at least 1/2 of the players are excellent lynch targets.

Examples of easy lynch targets:
Ellibereth
Saber
CSL (Until replacement)
Shotty to the Body
DLA
Hewitt (For a time, everybody was all over him)

That is, quite literally, half. Therefore, I apologize if I suspected the wrong half of players, but I prefer to go after players that, if we do mislynch, won't hurt the town too badly. ABR's policy of going after the best players on D1 leads to the logical conclusion of a terrible, terrible endgame in which the worst players compete to see who looks the scummiest.

Return to “Completed Open Games”