Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Benmage »

Cobalt wrote:Hilarity ensues. It was a faked daykill. I don't have any bullets. Let's lynch VP now.
Benmage, you didn't tell me what your win condition is.
To lynch you.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Hm, it seems like such a simple question to answer. Any town role could do it in a heartbeat. Why are you being evasive?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Benmage »

Cobalt wrote:Hm, it seems like such a simple question to answer. Any town role could do it in a heartbeat. Why are you being evasive?
Because if i was trying to break the game theres others i'd prefer to use this on.

I tried this strategy in my last game...one one of my last games, and the mod gave different worded WC's to the town...soooo...

Here, Cobalt, what is you WC?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by Cobalt »

I guess I shouldn't have expected it to work more than once. Oh well.
I was not given a win condition. I just have the rolename of town doctor.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

If you have no wincon, why do you want to lynch VP for his?
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Well, it was obvious that town didn't get wincons, and VP was trying to fake one. But Vi just PMed me a wincon. THANKS. There goes that theory.
unvote vote benmage
hatersgonnahate.gif
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Benmage »

Cobalt wrote:Well, it was obvious that town didn't get wincons, and VP was trying to fake one. But Vi just PMed me a wincon. THANKS. There goes that theory.
unvote vote benmage
You make no sense. If you got a pm giving you a WC, you'd be voting DJ.

I have a WC, and its most closely like what VPB said.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Benmage wrote:
Cobalt wrote:Well, it was obvious that town didn't get wincons, and VP was trying to fake one. But Vi just PMed me a wincon. THANKS. There goes that theory.
unvote vote benmage

oh yeah, forgot that bit
unvote vote DJ
hatersgonnahate.gif
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I might be down with a dj lynch today. Told you he was jumping at BS.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Benmage »

Cobalt wrote:
Benmage wrote:
unvote vote benmage

oh yeah, forgot that bit
unvote vote DJ
Lol

unvote vote Dj
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Amished »

I have a WC as well. You're full of crap, and dj's vote of VP is even more unlikely to be valid for the "wincon" reason. How about you actually scumhunt instead of thinking that hohum is an idiot and his game could be broken by something that you couldn't even confirm.

If you don't have a wincon (which now that I look at my PM it's pretty unlikely), get back out of the game as you don't even know what you're trying to do. PM the mod and get back to us.

Sotty, I'll get the errors to you tonight, I gotta bowl.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Okay. We have only two days left till deadline. With the Amished kill being fake, I think we should lynch the d3x player slot. He posted in his other game yesterday and I think he is more likely to be scum than any of the other lurkers. Pretty much all of the active posters I believe to probably be town for one reason or another. I could probably do a Don lynch, but he has flashes of townie at times to me.

Vote: d3x
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Cobalt »

hey amished pay attention
hatersgonnahate.gif
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Benmage »

Sotty7 wrote:Okay. We have only two days left till deadline. With the Amished kill being fake, I think we should lynch the d3x player slot. He posted in his other game yesterday and I think he is more likely to be scum than any of the other lurkers. Pretty much all of the active posters I believe to probably be town for one reason or another. I could probably do a Don lynch, but he has flashes of townie at times to me.

Vote: d3x
I despise lurkers, and would lynch him...or even pwnz for his useless active lurkin/coasting...

DJ looks good tho.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Cobalt »

yeah DJ is scum, we can look at d3x tomorrow
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Cobalt »

and sotty
hatersgonnahate.gif
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I'll wait to hear what DJ thought he was getting at with the WC thing before I cast a vote.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by don_johnson »

VP Baltar wrote:I'll wait to hear what DJ thought he was getting at with the WC thing before I cast a vote.
i actually screwed up here. i was going from memory. the way you worded your win condition was not what i remembered, but looking back at my pm now, i see i was wrong. which actually makes me think confid /cobalt is scum here, but again, i read a game where this line of questioning led to several mislynches so i am not sure if it is valid. in that game, some of the vanilla townies had unique pms.

not sure how that makes me scum, but i think its humorous how quickly the tide turned towards me and i find it even funnier that cobalt thinks its a good idea considering he was mistaken as well.

i also think this is amusing:
cobalt wrote:I just have the rolename of town doctor.
when confidAnon said earlier:
confid wrote:I'm not a doc.
but what do i know. :roll:
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by don_johnson »

speed reading iso on ecto reveals

only one FoS. on sotty7.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

Looks like I’m up the creek a bit. I was way off on Ecto and VP, and I’m now among the front runners for Ecto’s buddy. Ah well, it’s all a day at the races I suppose.

RE: Benmage and the rest.
Yes, my opinions have changed as the game progressed. Which shouldn’t be surprising. Ben’s iso of you showed that he was capable of making his own cases (which was one mark against him) and rereading Ben gave me the sense that the Confid thing was less scummy and more sloppily articulated. That’s why I unvoted, I didn’t vote you until later because I wanted to reread for myself.
VP wrote:Other things I will address from Porkchops voting post on me.
Porkchop wrote:Trying to lynch someone you believe to be town (but is gunning for you) is horrendously bad play, worse than just shooting them even.
What? Getting town killed is bad any way you put it. At least with trying to get someone lynched, the rest of the town acts as a buffer against someone's obvious OMGUS behaviour.
Gunning for someone that you don’t think is scum doesn’t make sense, regardless of how you go about it. That’s the point. That’s why I didn’t have a problem with Ecto hassling Ben over the issue.
VP wrote:Ecto telling ben and dj to essentially shoot it out is outrageously scummy. Ecto isn't agree with one or the other being scummy, he's simply the pre-pubescent poindexter on the outer ring of the crowd shouting "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

The question I couldn’t answer was this: Given all of the goading that dj was doing, why wouldn’t scumEcto just let it play out? And I still maintain that Benmage’s stance that he’d shoot dj for self-preservation was ridiculous and would only muddy the waters. The way I saw it, Ecto was forcing Ben to account for a poor plan. I was wrong, evidently.
VP wrote:What legitimate benefit does a scum receive from fakeclaiming town when he or she believes they are dead?
The Wounded status clearly didn’t work like Twilight and could be enough of a tip off to players that there is a way to cheat death. Or at least give them the impression that it is worth playing the off chance that they can.
VP wrote:So if you had a town read off of her bad shot talk, why should I doubt her claim? You're not even being consistent in the same post any longer.
Not exactly what I was getting at, as I recall. Vi’s claim while wounded was not a very good argument against Ecto, regardless of our read. If you follow the thinking from my end: the only reason I had that read was due to a part of the PM that Ecto claimed was different (while claiming town). My doubts about that were summarily dismissed or ignored.
VP wrote:hardcore buddying? really? I'm not allowed to have a town read on her? Also, what do town reads on each other mean until you actually know someone's alignment? Absolutely nothing.
Much the same way you were up my arse before Ecto flipped. I’m looking for anything I can get a handle on in this game. It’s less from you to Sotty and more from Sotty to you, anyway. There were a few times where Sotty stepped up to the plate in your name, and her response to Ben’s PBPA shows the same sort of inconsistency that’s raised your ire at me.

In other news:
@Sotty: What are the flashes of town you saw from dj?

There is no way in hell that VP was bussing Ecto. If there was a bus going on at that point, I think it’s likely to have come from nm8 or dj with his seemingly disinterested Ecto vote because VP (the guy he was voting previous to that) told him to.

The best lynch options are going to be between dj, Pwnz, d3x and nm8. Dj was on and off the Ecto wagon in scummy fashion. Ben studiously avoided providing an opinion on Ecto. Pwnz’ lurking is basically malicious at this point. D3x is just an empty shirt. nm8's shot is suspicious, and could be a way to cut his buddy Ecto loose since he seemed to be pretty screwed at that point.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

don_johnson (3) ~ d3x, Cobalt, Benmage

VP Baltar (2) ~ PorkchopExpress, don_johnson,
Cobalt

Benmage (1) ~ Nachomamma8,
Cobalt

Sotty7 (1) ~ Amished
d3x (1) ~ Sotty7
Cobalt (0) ~
Benmage

Not Voting:
pwnz,
Sotty7,
VP Baltar
[size=0]Ami 0 | Benmage 0 | Cobalt 0 | d_j 0 | Nacho 0 | PExpress 0 PROD1 0 | pwnz 0 | Sotty 0 | VPB 0[/size]
-Nothing new to report~

--With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
--Deadline is
2200 EST on Thursday, December 10 2009.
(Only got 2 days left)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Cobalt »

vp where yo vote at kid
hatersgonnahate.gif
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

Ah yes,
unvote.

vote: don_johnson
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by don_johnson »

unvote, vote: sotty7

p.s. cobalt is now obvtown.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9