890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:21 am

Post by mipe »

Might be my last question for this game, use this information as much as you want to:

Mod: Is it possible that there are more than 4 on one cult? So is it possible that one cult could have, say, 5 members?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:39 am

Post by Faraday »

Datadanne wrote:
Mod: Please replace me.

Or, Im going to die anyway, So why bother?
Maybe if you contributed to the fucking game it wouldn't happen.

Also here, gonna catch up now but that post stood out.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:12 am

Post by Faraday »

Snow_Bunny wrote:I don't like startransmission's 228. Why are you in a hurry to lynch someone? This gave me a bad vibe.
Why? What's really scummy about him wanting to lynch someone everyone has decided is obvscum.

semioldguy wrote: I don't think he will be entirely useless nor do I think he will be impossible to read. .
Eh, in my experience both of these are actually the case. The only reason he wasn't lynched in SC's bastard game was b/c he claimed a confirmable role. He also played awesome with it, but his day game was ridiculously bad.
DeathSauce wrote:
Because you are scum, probably teamed with start and possibly DisCode.
Seems likely, at this current venture. Tho' I'm unsure about her buddies. I thought you were possible earlier, but how and ever.
mipe wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:
mipe wrote:It's not holy when I know that atleast 5 non-holy persons are going to kill me.
So, your scum partners are on the wagon? Thanks for the info.
Nope. Also, what do you mean with 'partners'? I have no partners, or atleast, I'm not informed that I have any.
Such a useful exchange.
DeathSauce wrote:
Seacore wrote:Ah sorry, I missed the "start" in your post as well.
Yeah, I really don't think she's with start, given she took a loud stance against him, and if they were on the same team, they'd either both be for the data lynch or both against it.
Yes, she took a loud stance that could also be seen as daytime coaching, and has labeled him "Neutral" in two different analyses. I like to look at players that other players consistently claim as being "neutral' or 'unreadable'.
Yeah, in general it's a good point. It's even better if someone's been providing content and there's been enough to get a read on them.

Also Discode hasn't posted for a while, has he?

Okay basically a double lynch isn't going to work atm. Also another flaw is that if either data/mipe are scum (and mipe is obviously) then they're gonna fuck this up for us, more than likely. It's probably not feasible so ..bleh. Still disagree that it's a policy vote, he's been scummy in this game too and is unlikely to improve, plus he's been scummy.
DeathSauce wrote:
Seacore wrote:1) I'm trying to establish whether you are willing to go with what the majority have said (which is pro-town, even if you disagree with it).
False assumption. There are only 12 players in this game, and it is entirely possible that the combined scum cults are the majority. Going along with the majority could in fact be pro-scum
The scum won't be the majority. I guess they could equal it at best, but there's no way we've 7 scum in a game this size.

Semi's 277 was something I've realised too, I think at this stage a double lynch even if it could be a good idea won't work, unfortunately.

Okay so mostly caught up.

Ftr I think people are not understanding Magua's point at all, it's pretty clear to me he's not saying that but I guess I can let him answer for himself.

If he is, by some chance, saying that then's it a horrible idea.
mipe wrote:Might be my last question for this game, use this information as much as you want to:

Mod: Is it possible that there are more than 4 on one cult? So is it possible that one cult could have, say, 5 members?
Lol'd @ this post. He's trying to sow doubt in the town's mind here, obviously. Yeh let's hang this guy.
W

Will hold a vote untill magua clarifies.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:56 am

Post by dramonic »

*boot to data's head*

I'm here to replace, Percy has PMed me and stuff.
No, he hasn't posted yet to confirm my replacing, but I'm telling you anyways.

Mipe's claim is hogwash.
Chaco is scummy as hell.
SB is dubious.
DS is dubious
Far is somewhat townish
Magua is somewhat townish
SOG is townish
SC is townish

the other two (cant recall the names =_=) are in the dubious category.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:58 am

Post by dramonic »

Seacore and Discode are dubious
ST is somewhat townish.

Also, I'm hungry.
and STRONGLY against double lynches, especially without any form of confirmed scum in them (although mipe could potentially count as confirmed scum)
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:10 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Magua's recent post makes my scumdar sizzle

Incant:mipe

If mipe flips scum then Magua is one of his partners
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:51 am

Post by Magua »

SerialClergyman wrote:Magua, I don't understand. Are you saying you don't want to lynch mipe now and want him hung out as a night kill target, or that you don't want him lynched without a double lynch, or what?
I do want mipe lynched, and mipe is 100% getting lynched today. But I didn't want mipe lynched until Datadanne got replaced.
DeathSauce wrote:Magua's recent post makes my scumdar sizzle

Incant:mipe

If mipe flips scum then Magua is one of his partners
Perhaps you should try reading the entire post instead of only the bolded words. Might be a little more effort, but should be worth it.

I approve of dramonic replacing Datadanne, and this removes my reason for wanting Datadanne lynched. Once Percy confirms, I'm good with the lynch going forward.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:38 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Thanks, it was worth it, especially the brilliant part where we force the possible lynchees to vote for each other.

Why not force them to vote for themselves while we are at it? In fact, I hereby force you to vote for yourself tomorrow.

Let's see if that flies...
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Seacore »

Deathsauce, don't be ridiculous, having the scum vote for each other is fine.

We wold have said to mipe "hey, if you want even a chance of surviving, vote for data right now, or we'll lynch you solo. So he moves his vote. Then we say to data (except we wouldn't have needed to because he's already voting for mipe) hey vote for mipe or we'll kill you.

Then if either of them move their votes they kill themselves. That being said, with the replacement, I'm happy with the solo kill more than ever.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Magua »

Your intentional missing the reason for unvoting mipe when he was at L-1 -- and then you placing him at L-1 with your vote -- have been noted.

Your question is sarcastic, but I'll answer it anyways.

If someone (say, mipe) is going to be lynched, it is in their best interests that someone else be lynched as well, unless they are convinced that the other person is of the same alignment/group as them.

This is pretty obvious if the person to be lynched is scum. If the person is town, at this point, it comes down to what they think of the other person. If they think that the other person is scum, they should be for the double lynch. If they think the other person isn't scum, they should be against the double lynch, and instead be naming/fighting for the person they think is scum to be lynched.

So, assuming that we are lynching Person A (primary) and Person B (secondary), we reach two possibilities:

Person A doesn't want Person B lynched: Votes someone else, becomes impossible to engineer a double lynch anyways. Just lynch Person A.

Person A *does* want Person B lynched: Will play along, as above. Now Person B is in the same position as A was in -- they can play along and get both lynched, or they can refuse to play along and only get themselves lynched.

I'll repeat this again, since it seems to have slipped your grasp: The more town directed lynches there are between nightkills, the better off town is.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:55 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Magua wrote:Your intentional missing the reason for unvoting mipe when he was at L-1 -- and then you placing him at L-1 with your vote -- have been noted..
Is he at L-1? I thought I hammered him
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:57 am

Post by dramonic »

There is no case against me apart from the fact the person I replaced was a lurker/anti-town player. He didnt do anything
scummy
, so please unvote me.
I'm a hoot
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:03 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Sorry, I am still not buying this. You guys have been so gung-ho on the double lynch thing that no one is going to believe that they can survive by voting for whoever YOU tell them to.

I, for one, would never go along with it. I'd let you lynch me rather than forcing me to participate in the possible lynching of another townie.

Double lynches are bad except for confirmed scum. How many times do you need to hear that?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Magua »

@DeathSauce: No. They definitively would not survive. There is no hope for their survival.

It is simply a matter of being presented with these options:

1) You die.

2) You and [other person] die.

Unless you believe [other person] is a member of your same group, you pick #2.

If you were town and seriously believed [other person] was town, then, sure, you refuse, and you'd get lynched solo. But if you were town and believed that [other person] was scum, you would most certainly play along.

@dramonic: There's no unvotes, and I don't want to place the vote on someone else. I'll vote mipe once you're confirmed as the replacement.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Seacore »

Also, Deathsauce, by my count you've brought him to L-1. He'll die at the deadline in 5ish hours
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by Percy »

One of the points flares, and at that instant one of your number is pulled from their chair by some unseen force. He is dragged to the center of the floor at the centre of the sun and is immobilised upright, his face turned upwards towards the sky.

Eight of you step forward and remove the solar insignia on your coats and place them on the unlit points. As the last one clicks on the marble floor, the entire room blazes with light. There is a short, sharp scream, followed by silence. Nothing remains, and all the points go dark. Wordlessly, you retrieve your holy symbols.

Upon a thorough search of his quarters, you find that he was no loyal servant of the Order. You retire for the evening, satisfied with today's work, to begin anew tomorrow.

mipe
was a
Member of the Cult of Darkness

First Ritual Final Incantation Count

mipe - 8 (Snow_Bunny, SerialClergyman, dramonic, semioldguy, startransmission, Chaco, Seacore, DeathSauce)

Seacore - 2 (DisCode, mipe)
dramonic - 1 (Magua)
Chaco - 1 (Faraday)
mipe wrote:
Possible? Yes.

dramonic replaces Datadanne.

Night actions are due to me by Friday 11th of December at 6pm site time.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by Percy »

After the rising of the sun in the East, you make your way up to the council chambers. Not all of you are present; a member has fallen to the knives of the cultists.

Two points are flared already. You will have less time today to reach a decision than yesterday. Clutching your insignia, you prepare to hunt the traitor - or attempt to survive another Ritual of Cleansing Fire.

Seacore was killed by members of the
Darkness Cult
, and was a
Member of the Order of Light

EDIT: Originally this said Shadow Cult, but it was in fact the Darkness Cult who was responsible for Seacore's death last night.

Clarification: Skills are revealed upon death, so if no skill is revealed with a flip, that player had no skills to begin with.

This will be my last message in this game until the 21st of December;
tracker
will be taking over votecounts and fielding questions, so thank you tracker :D

With 10 alive, it currently takes 10 incantations to complete the Ritual.

The Ritual will take only 9 incantations to complete on Sunday December 13th at 6pm (site time).
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Some thoughts:

mipe claimed that he could resist death and investigations and investigate himself. The only way we could have externally tested it is having someone try to investigate or kill him.

In my view, it seems likely that the scum have one guardian. That was why mipe could claim those powers. The investigation was going to be faked and the other stuff came from guardian protection.

So that means there is a darkness guardian out there, and possibly a darkness goon. If that's the case, I imagine one is on the mipe wagon and one isn't. If we have 2 members in the cult, there is a guardian by himself looking hopeless. If we have 3 members, there's one NK-immune and investigation immune goon around.
I'm old now.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:50 am

Post by Faraday »

SerialClergyman wrote: In my view, it seems likely that the scum have one guardian. That was why mipe could claim those powers. The investigation was going to be faked and the other stuff came from guardian protection.
Originally thought that about his claim, and I still agree with it.
So that means there is a darkness guardian out there, and possibly a darkness goon. If that's the case, I imagine one is on the mipe wagon and one isn't. If we have 2 members in the cult, there is a guardian by himself looking hopeless. If we have 3 members, there's one NK-immune and investigation immune goon around.
IDK, I think pretty much everyone *eventually* wanted a Mipe Lynch It's seeing what people thought of his play before his bad claim that's the key point, I think. I'll read back over the game to see who's a possible scum buddy later. I still dunno if 3 are likely. Think about it w/ 3 people and a guardian the amount of crosskills are reduced (or chances of them) so I think that's unfair on the town.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:21 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

3 mafia with a power role does seem unlikely, I take your point. No need to rule out 3, but 2 is the logical deduction.
I'm old now.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Magua »

I was thinking about this d1. Given the specificness of the "skills are irrespective of alignments" in the OP, I'm almost positive that mipe had a guardian partner.

But, I wouldn't classify one of the scum as investigation immune -- to me, investigation immune means you turn up inno

Guardians don't make you innocent on an investigation; they make you turn up no result. So there's no fake confirmation of innocent or whatnot.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Did a reread during the night and I take back what I said about Magua being mipe's partner. Still think Snow_bunny is scummish.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Incant: Chaco
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by dramonic »

I couldnt agree more, SOG.

I'm a hoot
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Chaco »

semioldguy wrote:
dramonic wrote:I couldnt agree more, SOG.

Can I get a case to back up those votes? These votes are mere meaningless to me as they present no backing, if you're going to vote please give me something to defend myself with.

Dramonic, you've done nothing so far besides pretty much...nothing. Thoughts on the game so far? Besides one line buddying posts.

I wanna look back at Serial kinda since he defended the Mipe wagon early. More to come later.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”