Open 184: Friends and Enemies Mafia (Over)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

??

Unvote, vote CSL
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by CSL »

All right.

Go ahead and lynch me. Once I turn town, go for hewitt. If he ends up being town, then go for ABR, as he and hewitt made an argument. If hewitt flips scum, then ABR is town, and then go for DLA.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by saberwolf »

CSL wrote:All right.

Go ahead and lynch me. Once I turn town, go for hewitt. If he ends up being town, then go for ABR, as he and hewitt made an argument. If hewitt flips scum, then ABR is town, and then go for DLA.
AtE is noted, but so are your points if you are truly town.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

AtE?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by CSL »

Appeal to Emotion. Something I unintentionally post if it's after 8 at night, usually.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Alright...Sorry, I've been away for the last 6 hours. ABR, you still haven't posted your case on Hewitt, or if you did, I missed it. Would you mind obliging my morbid curiosity?

Honestly, I'm starting to strongly suspect ABR. Over the last few pages, it seems that he's been attempting to build up a "cult of personality", if you will. I fear that he's mafia trying to build up a coalition of the weaker players to follow his lead while the mafia kills off the strong players not aligned with him. This would be consistent with his earlier statement that he needs to get rid of one of the most active players today - a statement which is incredibly abhorrent to anyone who knows how to play D1 mafia. Lynching an active player should NOT be your default on D1. Since D1 lynches are traditionally worse than random, it would seem to me that the best course of action is to lynch a player that will be the least useful on D2, but will still provide reads on players. To me, DLA and Hewitt satisfy this bill.

I also don't like ABR's recent mentality of "Here's who I suspect. Please, tell me why I suspect them. Build a case." To me, that is scum trying to get town players to closely scrutinize other pro-town players and extract even the lightest scumreads, then get all excited when he gives them a cookie and pats them on the head.

As for my not arguing strongly on DLA, that's honestly been because I have prior experience with him and I don't feel that my reads are that accurate for that reason. I'm going to be a lot more likely to find failtown than I will be to find scum within his posts because I framed him in the newbie game that we played. Therefore, I prefer to let those who are more neutral in regards to him lead the way. I'm happy to lynch him, of course - I just don't feel qualified to add a lot to this discussion.

Hewitt...is going to merit a reread in isolation.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Definitely lynching DLA, his votes are pure OMGUS, every time someone says they suspect him he goes after them and not before. Lynching CSL is a mistake, he's a weaker player that everyone wagons onto because it's almost as excusable as a Zwet policy lynch.

DLA's reasons for voting me are a joke. He says I only call for other people's opinions without contributing, I assume he means post 263. I asked for the rest of the game to talk since none of the players I'd mentioned had posted for 2-3 pages.

"Lack of willingness to put yourself in bad positions." Say what? Who intentionally puts themselves in bad positions, please give examples of how you've been putting yourself in bad positions for the good of the town.

"Wanting to quick lynch." Please point out where I said we should quick-lynch ANYONE. Let me guess, it's when discussion died and everyone bitched about it so I defibbed the game by starting a wagon on Yar? This list is a fucking joke. It's newb-scum's playbook of shitty, unjustified reasoning to try and lynch someone for things that are pro-town or at the very least NOT scummy when taken in context.

I encourage everyone to
unvote vote DLA
. ABR is an obvious scum-buddy to DLA considering how much DLA was vacuumed to ABR's opinions and as newb-scum didn't know any better to hide all the blatant buddying big enough to choke a horse.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

Shotty to the Body wrote:I could go for a DLA lynch today or tomorrow, if we lynched hewitt today and he flipped town I would be 100% behind a DLA lynch day two.
first did you answer the question of how hewitt's flip determines DLA?
Second did lining up lynches not become scummy?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:39 pm

farside22 wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:I could go for a DLA lynch today or tomorrow, if we lynched hewitt today and he flipped town I would be 100% behind a DLA lynch day two.
Who pushed Hewitt's lynch the hardest? ABR and DLA? Last time I checked pushing mislynches was bad? Hewitt said the same thing in 278. Why aren't you busting his balls?

Please read my last post and tell me what you think. If you need more reason look at 287 and see how DLA backs off the Hewitt wagon as it approaches fruition. He even is really to hinge lynching me based on Hewitt being scum, but then suddenly he doesn't believe in the wagon? 'Tis a load of bull.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by saberwolf »

In that case, maybe It'd make the most sense to lynch DLA?

If DLA flips scum, I'd focus on ABR. If DLA flips town, I'd look at CSL and hewitt, but mostly hewitt.

unvote; vote: DLA
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by hewitt »

farside22 wrote:I would like to just point out that hewitt didn't take his vote off of ABR till (1) he realized no one was agreeing with him or (2) looking for an easier lynch.
I don't know how else to get it through to you. I don't care what you all do at this point. At this point I'm going to do my own thing and if people have common sense then that's great but if they don't then it really doesn't matter and there was nothing else I could've done anyway.
CSL wrote:Go ahead and lynch me. Once I turn town, go for hewitt. If he ends up being town, then go for ABR, as he and hewitt made an argument. If hewitt flips scum, then ABR is town, and then go for DLA.
Horrible, horrible, horrible idea. What the fuck are you doing? Why the hell are you lining up lynches? And on D1 at that?
Shotty to the Body wrote:Lynching CSL is a mistake, he's a weaker player that everyone wagons onto because it's almost as excusable as a Zwet policy lynch.
I laughed out at loud at this and everybody in the office just looked at me.

And for the record, playing with DLA, CSL, and saberwolf all together really fucking sucks. Honest to good the most sporadic, nonsensical players ever. This little vote hopping thing that they're all so fond of is REALLY getting on my nerves. This is the first time ever I'm actually getting aggravated in real life over Mafia, congrats you three.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

hewitt wrote:
farside22 wrote:I would like to just point out that hewitt didn't take his vote off of ABR till (1) he realized no one was agreeing with him or (2) looking for an easier lynch.
I don't know how else to get it through to you. I don't care what you all do at this point. At this point I'm going to do my own thing and if people have common sense then that's great but if they don't then it really doesn't matter and there was nothing else I could've done anyway.
Getting aggravated is not going to win you over with me. I'm still voting CSL.
For the record I hate meta. It's something both town and scum use. Scum use it to conceal their scumminess and town uses it to try and find scum by past performance. People can use meta against the town, which is why I find it a bad thing to go on.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:11 pm

farside22 wrote:
hewitt wrote:
Getting aggravated is not going to win you over with me. I'm still voting CSL.
For the record I hate meta. It's something both town and scum use. Scum use it to conceal their scumminess and town uses it to try and find scum by past performance. People can use meta against the town, which is why I find it a bad thing to go on.
Did you answer 383?
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by hewitt »

farside22 wrote:Getting aggravated is not going to win you over with me. I'm still voting CSL.
You're...not...getting...me aggravated? And what are you talking about with meta? What is the relevance in this post?
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:04 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
DLA, why have you not included Netopalis in your read
?
Sorry, I overlooked it.

Neto: Much information and contribution to the thread. Not really much bad about this player. Leaning towards town.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:22 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Unofficial Vote Count based on Albert's unofficial vote count in post 369

CSL (4) - farside22, DLA, saber, Albert
Hewitt (2) - Ellibereth, CSL
Ellibereth (1) - hewitt
DLA (1) - Shotty

Not voting - Everyone else.

----

Mod, if you're here, please go back in time and check this when you come back. I cannot guarantee that this information is accurate. Also, it's not right that players have to make vote counts.

----
Shotty wrote:Definitely lynching DLA, his votes are pure OMGUS, every time someone says they suspect him he goes after them and not before.
If you say that I'm OMGUS voting, then please go back and READ csl's vote posts.
Oh, and please tell me how your vote wasn't OMGUS.

@Saber: Use your brain, not Shotty's brain.
Note to self: Relationship Shotty <-> Saber

----
hewitt wrote:And for the record, playing with DLA, CSL, and saberwolf all together really fucking sucks. Honest to good the most sporadic, nonsensical players ever.
I'll laugh at the hypocriticalness in this post if you're town.

----

I'd actually be more happy with a saber lynch than a CSL lynch today, but I'm afraid that CSL upped my suspicions by the save-yourself vote.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:51 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Sorry, I forgot saber's amazing unbelievable like wtf vote:

Unofficial Vote Count based on Albert's unofficial vote count in post 369
CSL (3) - farside22, DLA, Albert
Hewitt (2) - Ellibereth, CSL
DLA (2) - Shotty, saber
Ellibereth (1) - hewitt

Not voting - Everyone else.

-----

Saber... please... explain...
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:55 am

Post by saberwolf »

lol

I already explained in my last post why I am voting for you.

Also, you can't link me to shotty just solely by my vote. That's the third time I've followed someone onto a wagon.
Show

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:59 am

Except for Yarmond you haven't voted anyone who hasn't voiced suspicion of you, you didn't vote me until I said I thought you were scum if Hewitt was town, you didn't vote CSL until he voted you, your Farside vote in 74 was OMGUS, and you didn't even vote Hewitt until he said he was suspicious of your posts earlier in the game and he attacked your scumbuddy ABR.

My vote comes with actually logic behind it, I notice you haven't tried to disprove anything I said about how full of shit you are with the reasons you posted for voting me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:15 am

Post by farside22 »

hewitt wrote:
farside22 wrote:Getting aggravated is not going to win you over with me. I'm still voting CSL.
You're...not...getting...me aggravated? And what are you talking about with meta? What is the relevance in this post?
It's in regards to your post here
And for the record, playing with DLA, CSL, and saberwolf all together really fucking sucks. Honest to good the most sporadic, nonsensical players ever. This little vote hopping thing that they're all so fond of is REALLY getting on my nerves. This is the first time ever I'm actually getting aggravated in real life over Mafia, congrats you three.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:17 am

Post by farside22 »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Who pushed Hewitt's lynch the hardest? ABR and DLA? Last time I checked pushing mislynches was bad? Hewitt said the same thing in 278. Why aren't you busting his balls?

Please read my last post and tell me what you think. If you need more reason look at 287 and see how DLA backs off the Hewitt wagon as it approaches fruition. He even is really to hinge lynching me based on Hewitt being scum, but then suddenly he doesn't believe in the wagon? 'Tis a load of bull.
I need to read when everything happened as you say it happened.
I'm getting the anti-town but not scum vibe from DLA that I can't shake at this moment. First I thought scum based on poor comments and bad logic.
Now it's a confused person who I see some points that may be valid but when he can't confirm if someone caught onto his thinking it just leaves me confused about him.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:28 am

Post by DarkLightA »

saberwolf wrote:lol

Also, you can't link me to shotty just solely by my vote. That's the third time I've followed someone onto a wagon.
Saberwolf wrote:In that case, maybe It'd make the most sense to lynch DLA?
How is this explanation???
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:35 am

Post by saberwolf »

DarkLightA wrote:
saberwolf wrote:lol

Saberwolf wrote:In that case, maybe It'd make the most sense to lynch DLA?
How is this explanation???
I like how you only took a snip of my quote and not provide the whole thing. How very scummy fo you. How about requoting, and this time provide the whole quote.
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:49 am

Post by farside22 »

okay just to get shotty to see that as much as DLA has not won me over in any way CSL's vot on DLA was this:
CSL wrote: I am inclined to
Vote: DLA

HOWEVER, this doesn't mean I'm done with you, hewitt.

Also, if anyone sees a flaw with his statement, I will switch my vote back to him...
There was no mention or anything of suspicious on DLA from CSL before this. In fact most of CSL is focused on Hewitt. Who he takes his vote off of till he hears if anyone finds flaws with his statement!
Seriously.
CSL wrote:Well, someone commented negatively on hewitt.

Unvote; Vote: hewitt

Quick or not quick, hewitt's scummy ass needs to die.
At this point the votes are either hewitt or CSL.

Saber's full vote and reason just so it's clear:
saberwolf wrote:In that case, maybe It'd make the most sense to lynch DLA?

If DLA flips scum, I'd focus on ABR. If DLA flips town, I'd look at CSL and hewitt, but mostly hewitt.

unvote; vote: DLA
I don't see how this is really a case. This is just blantant following of someone elses logic (which in this case was shotty's post on DLA)
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:05 am

CSL will always be CSL, expecting pro-town behavior from him is moronic, look for pro-town motivation it's the best you will get. He thinks Hewitt is town so he goes after DLA for attacking Hewitt. That's how CSL plays.

Saber didn't post his own case, but you don't need an original thought to join a wagon last time I checked, if you did nothing would get done.

Return to “Completed Open Games”