Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:08 am

Post by DeathNote »

Imprint: everyone

Think about it...

There are two ways to go about finding scum, with powers or without. If we go without and not imprint anyone, then we will be relying completely on our cunning to find scummy players via meta, lurking, or whatever other means you use.

If we go with powers, then we will be hoping for town related investigative roles that could help us catch scum. Both ways have its faults and pluses...

I personally like the power root, at least for tonight, as scum hunting can become difficult for me with so many players I do not know. If we are to imprint tonight, we should imprint everyone as town would have twice as many night actions available to them compared to town. We can then claim some results, assuming they help us find scum or confirmed town, and imprint off that. For example, if we imprint everyone and I get a cop/investigative ability that I use on Elvis_knits that flips her town, then we can give her an imprint the next day.

Questions?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:12 am

Post by DeathNote »

DeathNote wrote:
If we are to imprint tonight, we should imprint everyone as town would have twice as many night actions available to them compared to
scum
fixed.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:15 am

Post by DeathNote »

Up until I learned that scum can not night kill, I was still for my plan.

@Those that apposed my idea-
I addressed the fact that scum gets power roles as well and know that they can keep them, however, trying to dodge giving them a power is going to be really difficult. With my idea, at least we know more town people have powers for tonight then scum. We won't be able to mass imprint any other day cause each scum having two powers would be insane, but hopefully we wouldn't have too. Night 1 results should confirm at least
one
town and we can just give that person(s) imprints from then on.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:24 am

Post by DeathNote »

The flaw of your plan is that scum would never be stupid enough to use a kill ability if they were the only ones imprinted that day.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:52 am

Post by DeathNote »

I understand Limerick's plan and fully willing to try it out, however... his plan is essentially the same as not imprinting at all. What we are counting on is that we picked a town player to imprint and hope that he gets an investigative role and then uses that one shot cop to find scum. The odds are, needless to say, incredibly slim.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:53 am

Post by DeathNote »

A confirmed townie means a confirmed person that we can imprint.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:17 am

Post by DeathNote »

Whatever route we choose, the outcome is unpredictable in this game. If we go Limerickx's route then we are playing the safe game and what we are hoping for is a cop for town. If we do happen to target a scum player then the only way that could hurt us is if he gets a killing power. Even then, he will be unable to use it until a few days after he gains it or else we will know who it was.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:08 am

Post by DeathNote »

Vala Mal Doran wrote:
DeathNote wrote:A confirmed townie means a confirmed person that we can imprint.
I take it this is your answer to my question? <_<
yes.

I think dice roll could work.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:51 am

Post by DeathNote »

Your wrong Elvis. You are bases your read on me from a plan that I suggested to benefit town. I want to point a few things out to you.

1) your making it seem like I am trying to get a power over other people when in fact, I am the only person who does not have a vote for being imprinted.

2) My plan was not my only suggestions, it was simply the most wordy one. I gave two options for town. One with powers and one without. The one without powers is pretty self explanatory and is obviously the route that Elvis wants to choose. I do not care what route we choose but I want people to give reasons for it.

Here is my next suggestion and lord forbid I am considered scummy for this one too. In everyone's next post, please state what option you want, like an unofficial vote count. Do you want to do this with powers, or without?

with powers
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:52 am

Post by DeathNote »

TheButtonmen wrote:
elvis_knits wrote: We need to play this game like normal and decide who we think is scum, lynch them, and in the process, decide who we think is town, and vote for the imprint based on that.
We can't play this game like normal if we want to win IMO, 8-4 is unwinnable by town in regular mafia, thus playing this like a regular game of mafia seems a terrible call.
normally yes, but we will be playing with scum not having a night kill so far. So if lynch is the only cause of death, then the odds are decent for town.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:54 am

Post by DeathNote »

Messiah wrote: DN, why haven't you removed your imprint votes yet?
No need. Its not like the next vote is makes it permanent. I am still for voting everyone so I will.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:55 am

Post by DeathNote »

TheButtonmen wrote:
DeathNote wrote: we will be playing with scum not having a night kill so far. So if lynch is the only cause of death, then the odds are decent for town.
Ah but if we hand out powers by vote how long do you think it will take the mafia to end up empowered?
To me, playing regular means no powers and just using scum hunting tactics. This is a decent strategy, it just doesn't work for me as I am not that great at scum hunting and I have little experience with half the people in this game.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #12) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:57 am

Post by DeathNote »

elvis_knits wrote:Deathnote, I obviously want us to use powers in this game. I want us to use them intelligently and not roll dice like monkeys, or give scum a huge advantage by giving everyone powers.

What I want is that we give powers to a few (or maybe 1) person that we think is town.

I am not advocating we play a vanilla game at all.
That strategy is just as full of holes as everyone other one. No plan will be perfect, but some plans will yield better information then others. It is impossible to find a town player right now. Why? Because we have no bases to know if they are lying. Scum are just as good at acting town as everyone else.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Pug89 wrote:
DeathNote wrote:Your wrong Elvis. You are bases your read on me from a plan that I suggested to benefit town. I want to point a few things out to you.

1) your making it seem like I am trying to get a power over other people when in fact, I am the only person who does not have a vote for being imprinted.

2) My plan was not my only suggestions, it was simply the most wordy one. I gave two options for town. One with powers and one without. The one without powers is pretty self explanatory and is obviously the route that Elvis wants to choose. I do not care what route we choose but I want people to give reasons for it.
I really don't like this post. It seems like he is trying to force the town to choose either empowering everyone or no one and ignores the third option of imprinting only a few people (which is what Elvis actually suggested).

His first point also seems invalidated because while he may not have a vote to be imprinted if he could convince the town of his plan not only he, but his partners (assuming he is scum) would all gain powers.
Sorry but your wrong too. My first point was in defense to him saying I was trying to get a power, which I have shown no inclination to do.

I can not force the town to do anything, I am simply placing the options out there. Either choose the path with powers or the path without. I considered the path the Elvis suggested to be aligned without powers. Why? Because giving one or two people ultimately does nothing because we are relying on us picking a town player, him getting a sane cop role, and then using that role to find scum. The odds are null so I consider it like playing without powers.
Messiah wrote:
Pug89 wrote:I really don't like this post. It seems like he is trying to force the town to choose either empowering everyone or no one and ignores the third option of imprinting only a few people (which is what Elvis actually suggested).
I didn't realize it at the time, but this is a very good point. He presents a false dilemma, leaving out the option that is best for the town. This coupled with his push to proceed with a plan that would most likely be harmful to the town is a good reason to
vote: DeathNote
See above...
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Plum wrote:
DN, wrong
again
. The middle round is banking on more townies getting imprints than scum proportionally and then using whatever powers they get to best advantage. I still don't know why everyone assumes that Cop powers are availible readily or are the only useful imprints. They're not. There
is
a middle ground. Don't try to make it out otherwise.
Hmm... no I am pretty sure I am right. The only role that benefits would be a cop role. Unless you have proof otherwise, perhaps an example of what role could possibly help beside cop?
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by DeathNote »

TheButtonmen wrote:
DeathNote wrote: Hmm... no I am pretty sure I am right. The only role that benefits would be a cop role. Unless you have proof otherwise, perhaps an example of what role could possibly help beside cop?
If I am understanding correctly are you saying only the cop power role helps town? Cause I'm kinda thinking Docs,Trackers and roleblocker will come in really handy in this set up.
Nope, I don't think so. At least they wont help if we only pick one or two people a day. If the person we pick gets a tracker role, who the hell is he going to track? No one has powers. Docs have no one to protect and roleblockers have no one to block. N2 might be different if we give a scum player a power role, but other then that... no other roles help.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:07 am

Post by DeathNote »

Messiah wrote:
In other news, DeathNote continues to be scummy by misrepping and presenting a false dilemma in this post.
Wrong. There is no false dilemma in that post.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:16 am

Post by DeathNote »

I disagree with your claim EK. In no way should anyone be considered town for not being informed about Night Kill. Your essentially saying that both you SC didn't know that about the NK so should be considered town but there are other things to consider. For one, scum role PM is stated on the first page along with town and I don't see any mention of a NK in it, therefor, we can not assume that scum knew they had a NK.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:06 am

Post by DeathNote »

I originally thought my plan to imprint all would help town more then harm until the mod posted that scum did not have a night kill. Since then, I sorta gave up on my idea as it would mean giving scum their night kills which I thought they all ready had.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:48 am

Post by DeathNote »

Right now, I don't have a plan but I have found reason to dislike most other ideas shown. I say sorta because out of the ideas shown, I like mine the best, but I stopped pushing for it.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Unimprint: Elvis
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #21) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:10 am

Post by DeathNote »

TheButtonmen wrote:Why unimprint Elvis, or rather why just Elvis seening as your still imprinting the 11 other players?
I am taking this the opposite approach from everyone else. Instead of imprinting who I think is town, I will unimprint whoever starts appearing scummy. Right now, Elvis is not someone whom I would like to give a power. Doesn't mean he is scum, just means I have doubts as to whether he is town.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #22) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:43 am

Post by DeathNote »

I already explained the reason why I unimprinted. The reason is not because I think you are scum, but because I don't think you are town. I simply just don't want to give you a power tonight. The reason I still want to imprint SC is because it was you who developed your flawed conclusion that both of you must be town, not him.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #23) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:14 am

Post by DeathNote »

Messiah wrote:Wait, do you think everyone other than ek is town?
No. I think that everyone else is more town at the moment.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #24) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:45 am

Post by DeathNote »

Why is me ignoring you scummy? Are you the Town leader or something? I ignored you because I already knew that scum got to keep their powers. I still suggested my plan due to the fact that I figured we would be able to find confirmed town/scum that night. I assumed the benefits of my plan would outweigh the negative repercussions. That is why I ignored you.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #25) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:56 am

Post by DeathNote »

unimprint: Lewarcher
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #26) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:37 am

Post by DeathNote »

If I unimprint someone, its because i don't get a town vibe from them. Lew's post seem off. He lacks as opinion on the issues of the game which everyone should have an opinion on at the moment.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #27) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:20 am

Post by DeathNote »

Why do you find the need to call me out like that? Has someone been answering questions for me and making it seem like I am not fit to give responses for myself?

Issues discussed this game:

1. The controversy over the various plans people have suggested, my plan of imprinting everyone being one such topic.

2. The issues of Starbuck seemingly defending me against Elvis for coming up with said plan above.

3. SerialClergyman attacking Starbuck for defending me, and inadvertently defending Elvis in the process.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (isolation #28) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:23 am

Post by DeathNote »

Why should my meta not be consistent? People are too use to conformity on this site and policy lynch any suggestions that are different from what they are used too. I am one who believes and fresh ideas and radical thinking so try to take that into consideration before kill me off. (goes for every game)
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #29) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:10 am

Post by DeathNote »

elvis_knits wrote:I actually am not in favor of policy lynches, and I am not suggesting one on you deathnote. I think that you are impulsive no matter your allignment, which suggests you're probably a little more transparent as scum.

Fresh ideas and radical thinking are great, but the ideas you are bringing to the table favor scum. The fact that you never voted to unimprint everyone, supports the idea that you would still like to imprint as many people as possible. And the people you are unimprinting doesn't seem like you're doing it because YOU think they're scum, but because other people are talking like that person might be scum. So anyone who gets a little heat you unimprint them. Shows you're not thinking for yourself and are just following the pack in terms of who to suspect. That is scummy. Nobody is trying to policy lynch you.
Policy lynch...
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #30) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:33 am

Post by DeathNote »

elvis_knits wrote:How is that a policy lynch?
Because I know how this will turn out. My tactic right now is called, appeal to emotion.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #31) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by DeathNote »

elvis_knits wrote:
DeathNote wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:How is that a policy lynch?
Because I know how this will turn out. My tactic right now is called, appeal to emotion.
You realize that's a scum tactic, right?

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... to_emotion
mhmm...

Before I am policy lynched, make sure the town has figured out who they want to imprint today. You might as well start scumhunting for tomorrow too. No sense and not getting ahead of the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”