Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:21 pm

Post by Gorrad »

You're reading WAY too much into this, Saber. Every lynch is a 'possible mislynch'. I just don't want anyone to unvote for such a stupid reason, and I've seen it enough recently with bad enough consequences that I opted to head it off before it happened.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Gorrad wrote:You're reading WAY too much into this, Saber. Every lynch is a 'possible mislynch'. I just don't want anyone to unvote for such a stupid reason, and I've seen it enough recently with bad enough consequences that I opted to head it off before it happened.
Better too much than not at all?
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:26 pm

Post by Kise »

zwet voted for DL extension in the Bleach game you linked.

saberwolf, answer the question. It's coming from you. YOU are in control of the situation. I'm asking what to do with DisCode if he gets prodded again after every 6 days or whenever, but fails to answer people. Someone already has recommended proceeding with the zwet lynch and deal with Dis D2.

All I wanted to happen (you can iso me) is to hear from the voice on how to help them out. The voice has spoken so I'm ret' to go. This day has been boring as balls due to all the speculation cluttering the thread. This much speculation on day 1 has been a distraction and numbing to read. zwet and players like him are failing to own up to questions directed at them, so they're denying their oppressors/accusers a sincere read. Zwet pops in and comments, not even mentioning whether he's not caught up or not, so I assume he has been reading. Therefore ignoring what is directed at him has earned my vote. The only time I wouldn't vote for zwet is if he was running for prez.

saber, you are denying me as well. The question is not some clever scheme by me as scum to map out or manipulate the flow of the game. Tell me this: If I died and flipped town, would you satisfy me then by answering my question? Because apparently you only won't answer it with the belief that scum want to know how you feel about Dis' situation.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:48 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Plum:

What we've got here is a case of zwet playing against his meta, therefore I think it best to lynch him. Check my wiki for Empire at War Mafia. I was scum in that game with zwet, and honestly, the playstyles don't differ TOO much. Yes, he was more active in that game and more pursuant of town lynches, but not on D1. His overall unhelpfulness in this game makes me think VT-zwet-who-doesn't-care or scumzwet. Either way, I'm fine with his lynch.
green shirt thursdays
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:03 am

Post by Iecerint »

I've lynched the zwet I see in this game twice (Lazy Neighborhood, tajo's I Love You), and he was town both times. I also replaced into a game where he was nearly lynched D1 (Twilight), and he was town again. I've read through games where zwet was scum, but I honestly can never tell much of a difference.

That said, I agree with Plum. If people honestly think there's a difference, that's one thing. Please make the difference as clear as possible. (Reckoner comes closest, but from what I can tell this is different from her scumzwetmeta, too, so I'm not sure that convinces me.)
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Slicey »

Tarzan: Friends, same heart. Clayton, lose heart. No heart, no see friends. No heart, no friends.

The Sixth Vote Count:
zwetschenwasser (11): wolframnhart, Cobalt, DragonsofSummer, ace5993, xRECKONERx, Papa Zito, Kise, saberwolf, Gorrad, MafiaSSK, Shotty to the Body
DisCode (2): Hayker, Kdub
Cobalt (2): Iecerint, RayFrost
Sir Pent (1): Vaya
MafiaSSK (1): Sir Pent
wolframnhart (1): zwetschenwasser
Plum (1): Deathnote
Gorrad (1): DTMaster
DragonsofSummer (1): Sir Chris
Deathnote (1): DisCode
saberwolf (1): Plum

Not Voting: raider8169, Sajin, joe478, fuzzylightning

With 26 votes available, it will take 14 to lynch.
Last edited by Slicey on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:23 am

Post by raider8169 »

Page nineteen: In reference to post 455, I completely disagree. I have yet to have anyone even comment on me and yet the policy lynch is for a lurker. If you do that you will lynch just about everyone and that will get us no where in terms of the game. Lynching lurkers turns this into a guessing game instead of trying to really scum hunt or get rid of someone who is anti-town. Lurkers can and should be replaced if they do not post that is always the recommend solution. Post 459, how many town lurkers have been lynched in that way as well? I guarantee its has the same chance as randomly finding scum if not worse. Scum once prodded will do enough to just stay alive not ignore everything.
Page twenty: Zwet, that’s all you have to say? If this doesn’t improve you are quickly turning anti-town. I now approve of a couple more votes purely for pressure. I disagree with DisCode giving a full claim. There is no reason for it and if what he has already said is confusing that is still not a reason for a full claim. People are just frustrated because they do not understand that is not a reason to make him full claim and possibly get NK’d because of it. Regardless of what he says (towards his full claim) I do not see him being today’s lynch.
Page twenty-one: Post 518, there is no Zwet case outside of lurking and meta. That is not lynch worthy right now. I am more of a fan of DoS lynch. Then of course DoS speaks of tunneling (519), why didn’t you point out all the tunneling that is going on with the Zwet bandwagon? Sir Chris does not have tunnel vision that I see. DoS is just saying that trying to control other peoples votes, which I do see as a scum tactic. Then RayFrost talking about policy lynching, I think that is the third time you have wanted to policy lynch someone. Wanting to lynch everyone and anyone is a scum tactic yet again. Post 524, first post I recall from Kbud but its right on the money!
Page twenty-two: Again DoS is talking about tunneling; seriously that’s your defence? Grrr, Zwet jumps in and says policy lynch is bad. Nice to know you are doing nothing to be anti-town right now. Other than that this page was way off topic.
Page twenty-three: Post 558, this is just how I play. I like to take notes so I can find things easier as the game progresses. I hate making lists of each person and commenting that way. This way I can just reread my notes and the person who comes up a lot in negative ways would be the person I vote and make a case on. Right now that would be DoS or Zwet. Post 568, eh works for me. I’ll keep my notes to myself.
Post 599, well I didn’t see this post until now and everything was answered in my post however the noteworthy ones right now are:
DisCode, semi-claim caused confusion. I don’t want a full claim as its not warranted however he did leave and though came back I get the feeling he has given up on this game thinking he is going to be lynched or killed regardless. I have a feeling he is going to be NK’d but knowing this if there is a doc type role he may be protected so it’s hard to tell right now.
Sir Chris doesn’t stand out to me. I think he got the raw end on a few posts but I dont think he is a good lynch for today.
Cobalt is more less the same thing to me.
Zwet lynch as a policy is very bad but he is being anti-town. I would rather him not be lynched today but if his posts do not improve that would make for a lynch later on if nothing else presents itself.
DoS right now is who I would like to see lynched. I get the feeling he is trying to be controlling and accusing people of tunnel vision just because they do not see eye to eye with him. My vote will go here if nothing changes with the last few pages.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:25 am

Post by raider8169 »

Gorrad wrote:I think we're nearing Zwetclaim time.
Yes cause Zwet is really going to be around to claim.

@everyone voting Zwet: What do you hope to accomplish with lynching Zwet? What if his is town? What if he is scum?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:26 am

Post by raider8169 »

Sorry for the triple post but forgot to do this before:
Vote DragonsofSummer
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Damn right I am not a good lynch.

But uh, yeah, DoS again has gone away for days again unless I missed a post (in fact, let me check on that)

Post 452 I respond to DoS' post and let's see if he has posted since.

Also guy with the cool homer avatar (I should probably memorize names) you noted in one of your posts how I was trying to build a case based on false info/a lie, actually I was just commenting on how I like the game to be played when it came to speculation, I skipped a page while making my way through the topic and didn't read it properly, which is my bad, but I was way behind from having a ton of days of work in a row, I try to avoid that!

k back to DoS

Then he accuses me of tunneling, which I am glad people have noted seems like defensive BS, as I have made my fair share of commenting on other issues. I mean, I really want the dude dead and stuff, and if I can convince people to vote him that'd just be fantastic, but zwet has a lot of damning past play against them, but I also worry that this is a scum approved lynch, but then I can't discount the fact that smart scum would throw their buddy under a bus if they were playing that bad either, so I am willing to accept zwet's corpse and hope it flips scum, which is a lot more likely than not unless zwet just decided to stop trying randomly.

And then he proves he is around and lurking when he makes a comment about the yugioh abridges series, which is cool and all, but I mean, I don't know. It is extremely scummy to me how a guy posts nothing but defenses and one liners to vote other players in a game this large. I don't know how active mafia games are here, but there has been a crapton of content to sift through and try to draw conclusions, and DoS doesn't seem to be doing it. He said he is back from a break, and I believe that. With that said, I don't think if you play mafia a fair bit you can forget to scum hunt in this blatant manner. He has voted, he has defended himself, but he hasn't scumhunted. He has no contributed one thing in the pursuit of scum. He gives one line reasoning and then doesn't talk about it again. Damnit, if you think someone is scum you at least come at that scum with the intent to shred them from their very being as town. I guess it could be chalked up to playstyle in that regard, but style only masks so much.

664 from Kise saying that they "skipped over" the 'squabble.' Damn, I want to know what passes for scum tells here. I sincerely wish to know this. Dude defends himself, does nothing else, does not help town in the pursuit of any lynches, gives flawed reasoning, backs off fast as hell when the guy he votes proves he can post (that's me btw) and then just goes back into the shadow. Also I see this as scummy if DoS does indeed flip scum at a given point because I have found it common that people sometimes get uncomfortable talking directly about taking sides when their scumbuddies are involved because it can be picked at later. Just food for thought.

I understand if people don't want to see DoS outright dead today, the case against zwet is strong, however you know what's awesome about posting a lot about a person? It's there. This is a big game, I am not content to only have a few posts about DoS. I am new to this site, but this is how I hunt down scum. I make them post and I post about them And it has worked. Every time I have made a DoS comment, or at least around the time I have, DoS suddenly appears from his lurking spot under a rock to post a defense. This is behavior he accused me of himself as being scummy, and then later was forced to drop because I think he realized I don't go down quietly like he wanted his chosen lynch of the day to go down.

Gorrad continues to look interesting to me. I hesitate now to call it scummy, but I just don't like the way he posts his thoughts. As of now I don't know if I am getting a genuine scum read or if I just don't like how he posts, noting this out loud just because I was thinking it and I may forget, so, note to self: Still don't like Gorrad.

Anyway I see the deeper I get into the topic the more Raider (ie homer simpson guy) seems to agree with me, glad for that.

I really do hope that zwet is scum and it was this easy, it is just that where I usually play this kind of lynch has about even odds of being a bad townie just choking and not bothering to try to recover, probably less common here though. Not to be confusing, I see the case and I am "fine" with the lynch, but at this point if I was day vigi I'd have probably just popped DoS by now and called it a day.

(and yes, I know, vigi'ing that early is a bit reckless, oh well.)
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Sir Chris »

"If DoS does indeed flip scum at any given point Kise looks terrible for that"

whoo forgetting who parts of a sentence.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Basically to help for those who skim.

DoS as scum: kukuku, Sir Chris has barely posted and is brand new to the site, a perfect target!
Sir Chris: Uh
DoS as scum: kukuku, appearing right when I accuse him!
Sir Chris: *eight metric tons of shoving it back down DoS' throat*
DoS as scum; I... see. Well, cheerio mate, well played. Oh hey zwet vote time!

<_< >_>

maybe a bit of mocking in there.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:12 am

Post by wolframnhart »

raider8169 wrote:
Gorrad wrote:I think we're nearing Zwetclaim time.
Yes cause Zwet is really going to be around to claim.

@everyone voting Zwet: What do you hope to accomplish with lynching Zwet? What if his is town? What if he is scum?
I personally am hoping with zwet to lynch scum, he has done nothing to defend himself or really contribute.

If he is town, from there analyze the wagon and whatever happens at night and go from there on day 2.

If he is scum as i believe, still analyze the wagon, and those not on the wagon, and hope to catch a scum partner.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Cobalt »

zwets seems to still have his random vote on wolframnhart.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Iecerint »

raider, why is DoS scummy for encouraging players to tunnel whereas I am not (at least not so far as you've described)? I could be fairly criticized as tunneling on Cobalt all game, but I didn't get scumpick in your post. To the extent that DoS is scummy for that, it seems that I would be, too. I'm not disputing that DoS may be scummy; I'm just trying to iron out an apparent inconsistency.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:19 am

Post by raider8169 »

wolframnhart wrote:I personally am hoping with zwet to lynch scum, he has done nothing to defend himself or really contribute.

If he is town, from there analyze the wagon and whatever happens at night and go from there on day 2.

If he is scum as i believe, still analyze the wagon, and those not on the wagon, and hope to catch a scum partner.
lol, I would hope everything lynching him would hope he is scum but I guess I need to reword my question. With how Zwet has played his actions lead me to think he is town, why else would he not defend himself. He is making himself an easy target and I would think that on vanilla townies would act like that and not care if they were lynched. That is just my take.

Though I hate meta's I will humor it a little bit. Lets say his play is different then his normal town zwet play. What would he have to gain? This alone leads me to believe that he has something to gain by dieing. Either hurting town as a whole if he is town, or if he is scum, maybe he takes the last voter with him or maybe something else. Who knows either way I would like to wait to find out.

My reworded question to those who are voting him are what if he is town? What is the rush? I know we have almost 30 pages but the deadline if I remember right isnt until the end of the month. I would rather drag this out and see if something else comes to light. I know that day one is normaly just a guessing game but I would still like that guess to be based of something other then lurking. I know that Zwet is being anti-town and that is worth being lynched but only if there is really nothing else possible. As I would rather have DoS lynched of course that is what I am going to promote.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:22 am

Post by raider8169 »

Iecerint wrote:raider, why is DoS scummy for encouraging players to tunnel whereas I am not (at least not so far as you've described)? I could be fairly criticized as tunneling on Cobalt all game, but I didn't get scumpick in your post. To the extent that DoS is scummy for that, it seems that I would be, too. I'm not disputing that DoS may be scummy; I'm just trying to iron out an apparent inconsistency.
Well first off shame on you for tunneling. Its bad...stop

Secondly, you have given your input for other players. Even if you did not continue on them I have evidence that you have not picked one person and just focused on them. Secondly, the person you replaced had their own opinion and though you are not the same person by changing up the vote that shows that the character you are playing is not tunneling. I hope that makes sense.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Cobalt »

malthusis had like 3 posts.
hatersgonnahate.gif
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:38 am

Post by RayFrost »

yeh, raider is scummy.

kthxbai
don't you feel silly now?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:40 am

Post by raider8169 »

RayFrost wrote:yeh, raider is scummy.

kthxbai
lol, glad we cleared that one up. I was worried for a second.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:44 am

Post by RayFrost »

Mostly cuz you misrepresented DoS to be Sir Chris, who said that everybody was tunnel visioning (don't remember the exact wording) cuz they didn't agree with him (basically).
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I think that would be more likely to be a mistake than a scummy misrep, RF. If you're confident that raider did it with ill-intent, please let me know why you think that's the case.

Just a preemptive note: do not quicklynch zwet after his nigh-inevitable claim.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

RayFrost wrote:Mostly cuz you misrepresented DoS to be Sir Chris, who said that everybody was tunnel visioning (don't remember the exact wording) cuz they didn't agree with him (basically).
If your talking about me there then your ability to read is disappointing.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Sir Chris wrote:Eh, if people are willing to ignore it then they are tunneling too and they are bad. I don't see how I am tunneling, hard to tunnel when a lynch I find acceptable and have said as such is leading, I am just being paranoid and feel it is never bad to look at more than one person. Not to mention you saying this about your own lynch is suspect.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Edit: You are*, not your.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”