Open 184: Friends and Enemies Mafia (Over)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I didn't contradict myself, I just told you to do something that I didn't do myself. Like a bad father telling his son to do as he says and not as he does. It's more that I realized after the fact what was going on. Everyone was just jumping on the easy targets Ellibereth, DLA and CSL. I think it's more beneficial to kill off the mastermind of the group so the scum's night debrief goes on much less intelligently.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:08 am

Post by farside22 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I didn't contradict myself, I just told you to do something that I didn't do myself. Like a bad father telling his son to do as he says and not as he does. It's more that I realized after the fact what was going on. Everyone was just jumping on the easy targets Ellibereth, DLA and CSL. I think it's more beneficial to kill off the mastermind of the group so the scum's night debrief goes on much less intelligently.
That's a contradiction and I hate parents that do it.
Second ignoring people that do not contribute and letting the scum take out the people contributing over those that are not helps the town how exactly come lylo?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:08 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I could go for a DLA lynch today or tomorrow, if we lynched hewitt today and he flipped town I would be 100% behind a DLA lynch day two.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:14 am

farside22 wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I didn't contradict myself, I just told you to do something that I didn't do myself. Like a bad father telling his son to do as he says and not as he does. It's more that I realized after the fact what was going on. Everyone was just jumping on the easy targets Ellibereth, DLA and CSL. I think it's more beneficial to kill off the mastermind of the group so the scum's night debrief goes on much less intelligently.
First off, this is what happened: I thought like all of you guys, and "hey this useless players like Ellibereth must be purged!", but then I saw what was happening and decided to adopt a wiser strategy. So now I'm telling you to stop drinking the Kool-Aid.
farside22 wrote:Second ignoring people that do not contribute and letting the scum take out the people contributing over those that are not helps the town how exactly come lylo?
I think that Day 1, we better lynch one of the players in the first category.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:25 am

Post by DarkLightA »

farside22 wrote:Lets see if I lynch DLA I may get a read if he comes up scum to those who did not vote on him. If I lynch CSL or elibereth and either come up scum I look to those who ignored them.
IE: scum predictable
There happens to be something called 'bussing' as well, you know..

Unvote

FoS: Everyone

I'm REALLY confused right now..
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:25 am

Post by farside22 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
farside22 wrote:
First off, this is what happened: I thought like all of you guys, and "hey this useless players like Ellibereth must be purged!", but then I saw what was happening and decided to adopt a wiser strategy. So now I'm telling you to stop drinking the Kool-Aid.
You were the only vote on Elibereth at the time. The only other votes have been against yarmond. That's it. Biggest vote is on hewitt. So.....those that have been lazy haven't had much pressure. Well DLA but I wouldnt' say he is a non contributor.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
farside22 wrote:Second ignoring people that do not contribute and letting the scum take out the people contributing over those that are not helps the town how exactly come lylo?
I think that Day 1, we better lynch one of the players in the first category.
I'll finish my analysis and see where I stand but hewitt should respond to the post I made of his double standard remarks during the game so far.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:27 am

farside22 wrote:hewitt - Talks about sparky conversation by not voting during RVS. Don't agree that hewitt was the reason we got out of RVS. Lets try another method of not sparking discussion. What exactly where you trying to get people to disagree with you about?
Ask for conversation and again offer nothing to go on. The post for ABR is OMGUS. Reasoning is flawed! Talks about ABR not contributing but not till the case is on him from ABR. IE How fake is hewitts vote on a scale of 1 - 10 (10!) Oh and wow I see this as more questionable

In short I find hewitt scummier then ABR between the two.
Yeah, hewitt has a lot to answer for. Good posting.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:27 am

Post by farside22 »

DarkLightA wrote:
farside22 wrote:Lets see if I lynch DLA I may get a read if he comes up scum to those who did not vote on him. If I lynch CSL or elibereth and either come up scum I look to those who ignored them.
IE: scum predictable
There happens to be something called 'bussing' as well, you know..

Unvote

FoS: Everyone

I'm REALLY confused right now..
This true but I'm not going to give scum the advantage of knowing everything I look into when a scum comes up lynched. Not here and not now.
LOL at the FOS.
sorry trying not to laugh but damn funny.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:27 am

Post by danakillsu »

This is an open game.
Does that mean I can join the game?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:28 am

Post by DarkLightA »

farside22 wrote:Well DLA but I wouldnt' say he is a non contributor.
Yeah, I happen to consider myself more of a.. I dunno.. "Spread thoughts out and confuse everyone" guy?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:28 am

danakillsu wrote:
This is an open game.
Does that mean I can join the game?
Check out the newbie queue in the queue area of the forum, an open game means something else.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
farside22 wrote:hewitt - Talks about sparky conversation by not voting during RVS. Don't agree that hewitt was the reason we got out of RVS. Lets try another method of not sparking discussion. What exactly where you trying to get people to disagree with you about?
Ask for conversation and again offer nothing to go on. The post for ABR is OMGUS. Reasoning is flawed! Talks about ABR not contributing but not till the case is on him from ABR. IE How fake is hewitts vote on a scale of 1 - 10 (10!) Oh and wow I see this as more questionable

In short I find hewitt scummier then ABR between the two.
Yeah, hewitt has a lot to answer for. Good posting.
Yeah I get now why people say they tune out people that argue back and forth. It's hard to not glaze over an argument between people. I went back to read what happened a bit better. My appologizes, (waits for someone to call it scummy. Notes: how many people can say they don't glaze out when people are arguing) :D
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:33 am

Post by farside22 »

DarkLightA wrote:
Yeah, I happen to consider myself more of a.. I dunno.. "Spread thoughts out and confuse everyone" guy?
You should post that under your profile. :lol:
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:35 am

DarkLightA wrote:
Haha right on.

Okay, I'll coach you a bit.

First, you skim over the entire thread to get a good understanding of where the game is at.

I have a homework assignment for you: post all the major events in this game so far. Use hyperlinking for quick reference if you can.

Then, try to get a read on as many players as possible. Try to determine what their win condition is. And then post your findings.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:41 am

Here's an example of one way to do it:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 20#1011720
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:53 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Here's an example of one way to do it:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 20#1011720
Lol out of forum newbishness how do you link to a specific post?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:57 am

Like this.

Quote this post to see how I did it.

(Type your message, select it all, click on the URL button on the top right, add =LINK inside the first url bracket)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:00 am

@Shotty

Click the top left button on every post and copy paste the link from your browser.

visual example:

BUTTON Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:57 pm Post subject: 341
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:09 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
DarkLightA wrote:
Haha right on.

Okay, I'll coach you a bit.

First, you skim over the entire thread to get a good understanding of where the game is at.
(CHECK)

I have a homework assignment for you: post all the major events in this game so far. Use hyperlinking for quick reference if you can.
(ARRGH; GOT ENOUGH HOMEWORK STUDYING THE SPANISH PAST TENSE... Ella leyó! BUT I KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENED, JUST MENTIONING 74 AND THE ARGUMENTS AFTERWARDS)

Then, try to get a read on as many players as possible. Try to determine what their win condition is. And then post your findings.
(HMM)
In no specific, but somehow alphabetical order:

ABR: Very aggressive. Focusses on single people. I'm leaning towards town.

CSL: Very short, random statements, fluctuating votes. Seems to vote just to follow others. I'm leaning towards scum.

DLA: Town

Elli: Reading Elli's ISO surprises me. He hasn't helped one bit. Leaning towards scum.

Farside: Seems to weigh out all possibilities, and not jump on people. Farside is a skilled player, so this might be a trick to up your post count without getting into too much of a mess by accusing people directly.

Hewitt: Keeps on responding to threats, no matter how weird his responses turn out. Like this one:
Hewitt wrote:It's funny that all the people I accused of not contributing are now voting me. Funny how that works.
Forgot that that doesn't apply? Seems quite scummy, but on the other hand this is really confusing me..

Kiku: No contribution really. When I saw this on the list of players I was like "Who's this?" until I saw the avatar.. Nothing much to say. More scum than town.

Konowa: See CSL

Lab Mafia: I'm leaning towards mod.

Saber: It occurs to me that all he's talking about is voting, voting and explaining his votes. Scummy.

Shotty: Seems to be just swooping along, trying to not appear protruding. Seems scummy.

MAFIA IN A PARTICULAR ORDER:
Hewitt
Elli
Saber
Shotty
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:14 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

First of all:
ABR wrote:Like a bad father telling his son to do as he says and not as he does.
farside wrote:I hate parents that do it.
My detective skills tell me that neither of you have children. Good parents contradict themselves often. When multiple children are involved you will also learn to value "peace and quiet" over "fairness and equity". But that's another story.

Farside: I glaze. I don't find long arguments all that productive. If something comes up that looks suspicious I reread, but otherwise I try to observe what happens around an argument as opposed to in it.

I will try and iso Group A tonight or tomorrow.
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:16 am

Farside is a mother, although her son's still young :P

Thanks kiku.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:29 am

Post by farside22 »

DarkLightA wrote:
Farside: Seems to weigh out all possibilities, and not jump on people. Farside is a skilled player, so this might be a trick to up your post count without getting into too much of a mess by accusing people directly.
:lol: IDK why I have so many people say this about me. I feel like pointing out I've been out of playing mafia for over 6 months. Maybe that means nothing to some people but for me it's like riding a bike and not remembering all the gadgets on it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:31 am

Post by farside22 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Farside is a mother, although her son's still young :P

Thanks kiku.
It's something I feel all parents should work on but I can see how it can be hard to not use that god forsaken comment that ABR used.
I tell my hubby all the time it's hard to be upset with something our son does that we do.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:44 am

Post by hewitt »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Yah, they both defended Yarmond. So what? I fail to understand your logic.
Disagreeing with a case is FAR from defending that player.

Unvote

I'll go more in depth later in the post.
Shotty to the Body wrote:I could go for a DLA lynch today or tomorrow, if we lynched hewitt today and he flipped town I would be 100% behind a DLA lynch day two.
How would me flipping town point out to DLA being the correct lynch the next day?
DarkLightA wrote:I'm REALLY confused right now..
How are you confused

There was CSL, Ellibereth, shotty, ect. Many can be accused of this but you only point to ABR, CSL and shotty. Please! Guess what only very few at this point were really actually contributing.
Sorry even if there was no vote on Hewitt there was a deffinate case on him that just feels like hewitt ignored. How is telling people to make discussion contributing. Why do you say your trying to get something going but it goes no where. Why do you point to ABR as a noncontributor in the game as your case when more then half the people in this game could be accused of this action?
Answering the questions in order. Any way possible I was trying to spark conversation, the game was killer dead. Telling people to make discussion isn't contributing. I was actively attempting to spark conversation somehow and it pretty much worked but unfortunately kind of went to a dead end, although different roads have recently begun popping up. Not sure if it's a result of anything I've done it seems to be more based on the Yarmond wagon.

I pointed specifically to ABR because he was one of the more vocal players in the game and yet nothing he had done had really sparked anything helpful in the game. I picked out CSL and Shotty as well because I felt they were right up there too. I did not pick out Yarmond, Konowa, and Ellibereth because they weren't active and there's no point in pointing out they're not doing anything helpful, that much was clear. I did not initially point out DLA (although I should've and quickly pointed him out later as another example). I did not point out farside, kiku, netopalis, and saberwolf because I felt they had attempted to spark conversation and lead conversation in productive manners.

I don't feel quite comfortable lynching ABR today. Normally I'd want to pick out the Mafiate who plays manipulatively and sneakily in order to subtly sway the town in their direction to lynch townies. I don't think ABR is that Mafiate at all and if anything is more of a SensFan. At this point in the game though I feel like the follower Mafiates who follow their leaders and attempt to fly under the radar are much easier to spot out.

Vote: Ellibereth
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:55 am

Post by CSL »

Unvote

With that post, hewitt is either protown, or extremely skilled town. That post, as far as I know, is protown.

I'm now going for a DLA BW. Since hewitt now appears protown, as per this:
Shotty to the Body wrote:I could go for a DLA lynch today or tomorrow, if we lynched hewitt today and he flipped town I would be 100% behind a DLA lynch day two.
I am inclined to
Vote: DLA

HOWEVER, this doesn't mean I'm done with you, hewitt.

Also, if anyone sees a flaw with his statement, I will switch my vote back to him...
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O