Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

unvote,vote Zwet
this is a good bandwagon.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Your "warning" was less a warning than a modkill request. There was also an intermediate post reading "lol" between your question and your "warning." The notion that you hadn't picked up on the secret tell by this page is very hard for me to believe.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Lets change the subject from the recent mod kill attempt.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Iecerint »

People who continue to vote zwet in the face of this absurdity should probably weigh in on this discussion:

A. Cobalt is a nice man. He warns people!
B. Cobalt is a sneaky man. He modkills people! But, he is not as scummy as lurkingzwet.
C. Cobalt is a sneaky man. He modkills people! But, he's more fun to play with than lurkingzwet.

I am sympathetic to people in category C.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Iecerint wrote:People who continue to vote zwet in the face of this absurdity should probably weigh in on this discussion:

A. Cobalt is a nice man. He warns people!
B. Cobalt is a sneaky man. He modkills people! But, he is not as scummy as lurkingzwet.
C. Cobalt is a sneaky man. He modkills people! But, he's more fun to play with than lurkingzwet.

I am sympathetic to people in category C.
C for sure. Not just that you're sympathetic for such. Cobalt's just so lame that he only deserves to be killed by a vig.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Cobalt »

If I wanted to request a modkill, I'd just PM the mod. That way I wouldn't be vulnerable for exactly this kind of accusation.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Iecerint »

It is certainly true that there were better ways for you to have played this one out. That doesn't mean that your behavior looks town in the slightest.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Why not? I told you the game was ongoing. To support your position, you have to assume play on my part that is subpar, dishonorable, and scum-motivated. If any of these are false, the whole thing falls apart. Since none of them are true, your position is untenable.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Iecerint »

It doesn't mean that your behavior looks town because announcing "O MAI THAT WAS MODKILLABLE PERHAPS LOL" is not typical town behavior, regardless of whether or not it is ideal scum behavior.

Anyway, I actually just have to assume that it was scum-motivated. The rest is WIFOM. I would have found it very impressive if you had pulled it off, so I don't consider it particularly dishonorable or subpar.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I still dislike DisCode, but I've played many games with Zwet, and I do seem to recall him flipping scum after being lynched due to a bandwagon caused by lurking. I'd have to check that, though, which (due to the fact that he's in every bloody game), I'd rather not do.

Icerint, that post was serious. The phrasing on Saber's vote so late into the wagon made my scumometer hit 11.

Regarding Cobalt, I think A, but in addition he's both less scummy than lurkerzwet AND more fun to play with. With which to play. To be frank, I've never actually seen scum try to modkill someone by pointing out an infraction in-thread, if I recall correctly. If someone has an example of scum doing so, I'd like to see it.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Gorrad wrote:I still dislike DisCode, but I've played many games with Zwet, and I do seem to recall him flipping scum after being lynched due to a bandwagon caused by lurking. I'd have to check that, though, which (due to the fact that he's in every bloody game), I'd rather not do.

Icerint, that post was serious. The phrasing on Saber's vote so late into the wagon made my scumometer hit 11.

Regarding Cobalt, I think A, but in addition he's both less scummy than lurkerzwet AND more fun to play with. With which to play. To be frank, I've never actually seen scum try to modkill someone by pointing out an infraction in-thread, if I recall correctly. If someone has an example of scum doing so, I'd like to see it.
are you basically saying that, had I waited two votes later, or hit it up two votes earlier, I wouldn't be percieved as scum? Why should positioning matter, especially in a game as big as this?
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I'm saying if you had said "BWs are fun and he's not close to being lynched", earlier in the wagon, I'd not be as suspicious. If you removed your vote as he approached the lynch horizon (which I highly doubt you will), then again my suspicion would have been somewhat abated.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Iecerint wrote:It doesn't mean that your behavior looks town because announcing "O MAI THAT WAS MODKILLABLE PERHAPS LOL" is not typical town behavior, regardless of whether or not it is ideal scum behavior.

Anyway, I actually just have to assume that it was scum-motivated. The rest is WIFOM. I would have found it very impressive if you had pulled it off, so I don't consider it particularly dishonorable or subpar.
That's not logical. You were the one who first mentioned that game, so if anything it was you who baited me into modkill territory.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

unvote vote Zwet

That reasoning doesn't make any sense, I don't know anyone who tries to win by getting others modkilled. Back to the Zwet Wagon.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by SirPent »

I want to hammer the zwet train since he hammers a lot from what I read
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Cobalt »

SirPent wrote:I want to hammer the zwet train since he hammers a lot from what I read
lol
hatersgonnahate.gif
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Cobalt wrote:I wasn't trying to get you to discuss an ongoing game, I WARNED you that the game was ongoing!
This is a lie.

zwet today, Cobalt tomorrow. Two down, town is on its way.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I really think it's a stretch to say Cobalt was aiming for a modkill. Honestly.

Zwetlynchplzkthx
green shirt thursdays
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by raider8169 »

I'm tired, will work on more later.

Page fourteen: Vaya has reasoning in post 326 but right I don’t think there is enough to go on so by default the issue should be noted and everyone should move on. I love wolframnhart’s post (327) as that explain me as well. In post 331 I think I understand where RayFrost is coming from now, though I think it should be more directed to the people that would jump on a bandwagon after a few people join it and it has the chance to end in a lynch.
Page fifteen: I laughed at DragonsofSummer’s post 351. I don’t think he is in any position to call someone else out like that. Lots of people catching up but not much in terms of content. Post 372, DTMaster votes gorrand and then says he needs to reread about it. Wouldn’t the reread come before the vote? This looks like means to place a vote now and just leave it there for the remainder of the day. I guess I will find out as I continue to read.
Page sixteen: Sir Chris’s posts are fishy. Skimming the thread and trying to make a case with false information. I do not like it as it seems like Sir Chris was just trying to just get by. This game has been full of that though. It might have something to do with that this is a large game and people are having a hard time keeping track of everything. If so it should resolve itself as the days progress and hope it does before we are in lylo or something. Not a fan of the meta as people have been known to change their play style to match their role. Meta is not always reliable and based on that not enough to lynch someone. So a bandwagon forms on Zwet, not a fan of it.
Page seventeen: I understand the case on fuzzylightning, I think that is the first case that I have approved where I would look more into joining the bandwagon. I would normally do that now however I still have a few more pages to catch up on. Post 414 by DragonsofSummer is full of flaws. The vote was because zwet is acting odd not concidering zwet could be V/LA or something. Either way outside factors are having a large influence in this game and I am against that. If the reasoning for the vote was for pressure or something that I could understand it but that was not listed. Sir Chris, I saw it as well (post 432)
Page eighteen: I agree with post 434, scum like to have a way out and like to target the easy targets, ones with a solid case against them, lurkers or policy lynch people. Post 448, I was wondering that myself, where did DisCode go off too.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Slicey »

"Peter: Fly, Sora! Just believe, and you can do it!"

Thank you for being willing to help me, all.

But I must again ask to stop the flavor speculation. I pointed out how speculating about character was extremely bad before.

I think the Zwet wagon may be designed to get pressure off discode for a day. I would still have discode full claim before the day ends. I would also argue refusing or delaying this is anti town.

Iec welcome to the game. I think the Iec/Cobalt thing sounds to me like 2 town getting in a shouting match. I do not think Cobalt was trying to get anyone modkilled.

Requesting prod on discode.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Slicey »

DisCode prodded.

EDIT: I've decided to add a quote or two from the games in each of the votecounts. Note that those have no bearing on the game at all, and are simply there for your and my pleasure.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Cobalt, I only "mentioned" that game because you (dishonestly, as I interpret it) implied that I knew you were inconsistent due to my checking your meta. To clear up your lie/amnesia (as the case may be), I did what I did in as legitimate a fashion as I could. (I should note that the inconsistency is frankly scummy regardless of whether or not you had amnesia, since you did indicate that you knew DN's playstyle -- which is a point against the amnesia side of things.)

It is possible that Cobalt has a VERY short-term memory (to explain his extreme and selective amnesia) and a VERY scummy way of playing (to explain his "warning" post), but it is hard for me to believe that he is town. I certainly do not see another wagon on a comparably scummy player. However, I don't think that there is anything more to say about the issues (i.e. that his treatment of DN was inconsistent and that his conversation with me was ill-intentional). My vote stays where it is. I would be happy to answer questions about my case if something is unclear and it is within my power.

IGMEOY @ people on the easy lurkerzwetwagon, though I can certainly empathize with wanting to lynch zwet.

raider, have you missed players' concerns with your play? (Maybe he hasn't gotten there yet...?) Please summarize your play in a fashion that is reasonable to peruse.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Iec, Cobalt, SHUT UP AND MOVE ON OKAI THNX BAI
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by Iecerint »

If you have a more productive conversation topic, I strongly encourage you to produce it. Yell at raider with me if ye want. Maybe he'll notice when we're on D2. :P
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Damn you, lol. I actually did a double take when I read that post. I was like who the hell got lynched?!?! :P
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”