890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Seacore »

I am happy to be held accountable for the lynching of both Data and Mipe. And that is how I will treat everybody who has announced they are happy for the double lynch. (Should it go ahead) If the majority of people don't want the double lynch, then I obviously won't react that way.

But I'll say this now, loud and clear. Hold me accountable for the Mipe lynch, whether I'm on Data or him.

I think the idea of a double lynch, at least this double lynch, is to remove our top suspect - Mipe, and also policy lynch an anti-town player - Data.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Seacore »

Semi wrote: If everyone on the mipe wagon did this I doubt we would all also vote for the same second person. A second lynch isn't representative of a majority and isn't even representative of being on any sort of equal ground as mipe's wagon.
When I proposed the double lynch, I didn't say "hey lets vote for somebody else too" I said "who would be interested in making data one half of the lynch" and many people agreed. So we don't need to wonder if wewould all vote for the same second person.
The question was Data or nobody, are you up for this or not? Don't hide behind general policies when a specific question is on the table. Are you happy for a data/mipe double lynch?
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

DeathSauce wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote: @All: If you would have a second vote, who would you be voting now?
Snow_bunny
Reasons?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by startransmission »

I like the idea of a policy lynch and a scum lynch combo. And I think Data and mipe are the best candidates for this. But as has been pointed out it would take a while for that to happen, and I think it's in the towns best interest to start lynching scum now instead of waiting until we have two large pools of incants that the Cults can use in a tug of war against one another. So,

Unincant, Incant: mipe
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Magua »

So you think that the idea of a multilynch is good, but you feel that waiting 9 days is too long to do it?

And how exactly do you fear scum would use the situation to their advantage?
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

I don't like startransmission's 228. Why are you in a hurry to lynch someone? This gave me a bad vibe.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

I doesn't look to me like he's in a hurry to lynch someone, just that he is happy with the mipe lynch. I get that policy lynches that are 'tacked on' are useful for the town, but I'm not convinced about it in this case. Mipe is clearly scum, why are people so hesitant to just lynch obvscum?
I'm old now.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:02 pm

Post by Seacore »

As I understand it, the sole reason that policy lynches are bad, is that they cost the town the opportunity to scum hunt.

It seems to me that the town is satisfied with a mipe lynch. I haven't seen anybody speak against it since his "claim".

So, we've chosen our scum. If this was a normal game we'd be mostly happy with a mipe lynch. But we have the opportunity here for a policy lynch as well. Why not take advantage of this?

What can scum do in 9 days to take advantage of this? I don't see them arguing successfully for a third person, as I see it, it's either mipe or mipe/data.
mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:25 pm

Post by mipe »

Seacore: As I'm going to be lynched, you can stop protecting me now, mmkay?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:27 pm

Post by Percy »

Another point flares. The ends of the illuminated points form an equilateral triangle, harmonising with the pure beauty of the ordered universe.

Incantation Count

mipe - 8 (Magua, DeathSauce, Snow_Bunny, SerialClergyman, Datadanne, semioldguy, Chaco, startransmission)

Seacore - 2 (DisCode, mipe)
Datadanne - 1 (Seacore)
Chaco - 1 (Faraday)

The Ritual will take only 8 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Tuesday the 8th of December (site time).

9 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:42 am

Post by Seacore »

mipe wrote:Seacore: As I'm going to be lynched, you can stop protecting me now, mmkay?
Oh, I stopped being even a half voice against your lynching the moment you claimed. I'd just like you to not meet the holy light alone.
mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:48 am

Post by mipe »

It's not holy when I know that atleast 5 non-holy persons are going to kill me.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:40 am

Post by semioldguy »

Chaco would be my second choice for my incantation. I don't support a Datadanne lynch, and disagree with policy lynches in general. I don't think he will be entirely useless nor do I think he will be impossible to read. Though I am not looking to run Chaco up for a double lynch either. He can be examined further and lynched tomorrow if he is the scummiest player tomorrow.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:16 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

mipe wrote:It's not holy when I know that atleast 5 non-holy persons are going to kill me.
So, your scum partners are on the wagon? Thanks for the info.

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Chaco »

I'm back now. Still not in a good frame of mind.

I know my last post was scummy as all get out, but I had to go work some things out. Like right at that moment. I'll start catching up soon.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:56 am

Post by Chaco »

Magua wrote:Wow.

Just. Wow.

I seriously think you would've been less scummy if you just hadn't posted.
Yeah, but I honestly I didn't care if I looked scummy or not. If I cared if I looked scummy I wouldn't have done that. I wanted my incant down before being gone for a few days just so if he was to be lynched I wouldn't stagnate the game by not being here to vote. He was where my incant was going anyways, so I just went ahead and put it there.

After reading through, and already having a bad gut on Semi, I'm really starting to dislike him more. There is no downside to an engineered double lynch today. Absolutely none. They cannot foil it without revealing themselves.

Honestly, to me it seems like a way not to vote for Data. Making me want the double lynch all the more. There's just something about it you can tell that his motives lie in the wrong place. Read this post:
semioldguy wrote:The only way I want two lynches to happen at once is if it happens naturally.

I don't like the idea of trying to craft a double lynch. I don't like the idea of people here saying things to the effect of "Yeah, I don't buy that claim, but I'm going to vote for ___ instead because I want two people lynched." That's a load of crap. Let's just lynch mipe.

If the majority of people want to lynch mipe, I don't see why a smaller minority should be the ones choosing to do the second lynch (most of whom are also presumably part of that mipe-hate). Why do a select few get to vote your second suspect and not your top suspect?

If everyone on the mipe wagon did this I doubt we would all also vote for the same second person. A second lynch isn't representative of a majority and isn't even representative of being on any sort of equal ground as mipe's wagon.

What gives some people the "privilege" to not vote mipe if he is their top suspect and use their vote somewhere else, but not allow others to do the same? It makes you less accountable for your suspicions overall since you are apparently allowed to spread them out more. That is scummy.

Furthermore it allows mipe's potential partners to lessen the blow or to have an excuse not to be voting their scum buddy.
And tell me what you think.

!!!

Backed me up nicely...
semioldguy wrote:Chaco would be my second choice for my incantation. I don't support a Datadanne lynch, and disagree with policy lynches in general. I don't think he will be entirely useless nor do I think he will be impossible to read. Though I am not looking to run Chaco up for a double lynch either. He can be examined further and lynched tomorrow if he is the scummiest player tomorrow.
Anyways, thoughts right now:

-I am okay with the double lynch of Datadanne and Mipe.
-Semi,
IGMEOY

Also, about Startransmission, there is nothing wrong with what he said.
FoS: Snowbunny
for the reaction to that. Pending to change though.

Uhm anymore....I'll hit more points later. I'm sure I missed a bunch.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:35 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
DeathSauce wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote: @All: If you would have a second vote, who would you be voting now?
Snow_bunny
Reasons?
Because you are scum, probably teamed with start and possibly DisCode.
mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:41 am

Post by mipe »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
mipe wrote:It's not holy when I know that atleast 5 non-holy persons are going to kill me.
So, your scum partners are on the wagon? Thanks for the info.
Nope. Also, what do you mean with 'partners'? I have no partners, or atleast, I'm not informed that I have any.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:54 am

Post by Seacore »

Given that we're at lynch-1, and will relatively soon be at lynch, would somebody like to organise some of the double lynch willing people to join me on data.

I'd do it myself but at lot of people wouldn't be happy with me taking the lead on this, as I'm still high on many people's scum lists.
It would be best to do it soon, as somebody could come along and hammer mipe under the pretence of "I agree with semi and death that it's bad to double lynch, bam". Which appears far less scummy than disrupting an established double lynch.

Deathsauce - when somebody asks you for reasons, you don't just restate that you think they are scummy. You provide why, you know "reasons".
Because you are scum
Because you act scummy
Because the things you do are scummy

these are not reasons.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Seacore wrote:
Deathsauce - when somebody asks you for reasons, you don't just restate that you think they are scummy. You provide why, you know "reasons".
Because you are scum
Because you act scummy
Because the things you do are scummy

these are not reasons.
Thanks for the tip, but I play the game my way.

What I find more interesting is that you didn't comment at all about the second half of that sentence.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Seacore »

Well I don't have any evidence that she's teamed up with DisCode, I also don't have any evidence that she's not.
I'm not the one who raised it as a thought.

I'd sure as hell like you to explain why you think it is likely.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Seacore »

Ah sorry, I missed the "start" in your post as well.
Yeah, I really don't think she's with start, given she took a loud stance against him, and if they were on the same team, they'd either both be for the data lynch or both against it.

That being said, I'm not going to respond to any of your (or other people's) accusations unless you provide reasons, otherwise you're just shouting into the dark (or maybe shouting from the dark, Mmm? Cultist?), or trying to get me to do your work for you.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Seacore wrote:Ah sorry, I missed the "start" in your post as well.
Yeah, I really don't think she's with start, given she took a loud stance against him, and if they were on the same team, they'd either both be for the data lynch or both against it.
Yes, she took a loud stance that could also be seen as daytime coaching, and has labeled him "Neutral" in two different analyses. I like to look at players that other players consistently claim as being "neutral' or 'unreadable'.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Chaco »

Incant: Datadanne

There.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Seacore »

DeathSauce wrote: <snip> Well worded explanation of accusation </snip>

Thanks!

I will definitely consider those points (as potentially scummy) in my future SnowBunny accusations.

What about DisCode?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”