Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Andrew wrote:The actual argument doesn't matter now that Stuart has flipped town, but why did you change your tune in one post? Would Otto have gained town points in your eyes or not?
The only thing I changed was the fact that I would be watching him or not. If Stuart flipped scum he would have gained town points but I would be watching him because like you all said, he could be bussing. But right now he has major scum points sice Stuart was town.

Anyway, my top FoS is Otto followed by Emile and I will more likely than not have another scummy person as my third choice soon (can't do it right now, I'm sortof in a hurry and don't have the time to reread.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Wow, that was the most obviously bullshit claim I have ever encountered on this site, and it was true... You know, I would feel bad except that Stuart's play was so bad he was never going to be useful in his role anyway.

The Otto thing is WIFOM. He could be scum, he could be town, Idk. We'll see. I don't think there is going to be anyone not keeping an eye on him though, so I suggest we be conscious of tunneling. Let's not set up another easy mislynch.

I'm going to do some rereading for now.
Spencer Remmington
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Spencer Remmington »

Otto's won my vote tomorrow.
Don't look at me! I'm new here!
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Ok I reread each of these people in iso. The people were Igor, Gerhard, Emile, Claude, and Andrew or the five people on Stuart's bandwagon other then me and Otto.

Anyway, it was pretty hard to come to a conclusion. Each of those five seemed to be attacking Stuart pretty agressively. however, something came to my mind and it might be WIFOM but I'm going to throw it out there.

If Emile is scum and Stuart knows that he's scum somehow wouldn't Emile want to keep Stuart alive just as long as he kept being scummy so that Stuart's secret would just be passed off as idiocy? This all assumes on two things though. One, Emile is to be scum and two, Stuart really did know Emile is scum.

Anyway, out of those five people the person I think is most scummy is either Claude or Andrew. Andrew may have been staying out of the way all like "Well... I think Stuart is scum but I'm going to stay out of the way until the end of the day." which I guess may make sense if he wanted to make sure no one hammered quickly (I'm looking at you Otto)

Claude on the other hand was FoSing me until about his 14th post. Here he comepletely jumped off of me (for then anyway) and onto Stuart. Claude, what made you change your mind from me to Stuart?

Both of thse reasons are both very weak however and I will have my major FoSing on Otto.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

I know I'm too scummy to be NKed tonight, so I'm just gonna go ahead and do this.

We already killed one good PR, I'd love to see if this happens to me...

I'm Lieutenant Otto Ulbreicht. I was part of an experimental training regiment program. As a result, I have special training against aliens, and its now coming in handy, as i know there are aliens on board. Because of special training, I am NK immune.

Discuss
Emile Buchard
Emile Buchard
Townie
Emile Buchard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Emile Buchard »

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I can't get on whenever I like, so.

The reason I didn't attack Stuart as much was because from what I gathered, he wasn't sharing. He payed the price for that action.

Right now, I'm tempted to believe Otto's claim, as there's really nothing for him to loose. Why is it that all of our NK immune players are so scummy! Ah!

Right now, I'm leaning towards Igor. I'll have to re-read him, but I don't have the time now.
This is a signature. It represents things that you say when you have nothing better to do.
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by Andrew Lemarchand »

@Otto:
1. Did you just switch out "you" with "I" or did you actually paraphrase that?
2. Why did you feel the need to claim? Simply because you felt you would get heat for your hammer?
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Otto... I do agree that you are unlikely to get NKed tonight if you are town but why did you feel the need to claim?
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

These are easy questions.

I explained my role as close as I could without actually quoting the mod. I replaced all you's with I's.

I understand my hammer was scummy, but I felt he deserved to be lynched and didn't want to see him wiggle out of another L-1.

I am claiming now because it seems like a good time. We already lynched one PR, I'd hate to see me get lynched too.
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:18 pm

If that truly is your role, then you came pretty damn close to quoting the mod's PM and hopefully the mod will be lenient.
Claude Lefevre
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:16 am

Post by Claude Lefevre »

on mod quoting: I think that this is close enough to a paraphrasis, although it is on the edge...

on Otto's claim:
(a) it is a good idea because:
if he is NK immune, we lose the option of tricking scum into trying to kill him (possibly even several times), but assuming that we trust him, we gain an allegedly clear PR, which could be a good starting point.
(b) it is a bad idea because:
we have no way to confirm it. If he is scum no1 will ever attempt to NK him...

if there is anyone who has a way to confirm his role, that would be great, but this would probably imply that a second PR would have to come out, which would be quite catastrophic at the moment.

What do Gerhard and Spencer think about this claim (since they declared that they would vote Otto tomorrow)?

@Jamie:
your question:
I changed my mind cuz people were jumping off Stuart wagon AND cuz you were not bevaing very scummy anymore, at least until post 303.
post 303:
I don't understand, you are suspecting that Stuart had some hidden power that was not revealed after death? This bothers me a lot, so please explain.
Igor Schultz
Igor Schultz
Townie
Igor Schultz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Igor Schultz »

Otto just claimed the exact same thing as stu. Did any of you note that? bullet proof roles are always tricky to predict. because a scum can claim that and he will never be nked (or a town can and never be nked).

may I ask why emy thinks I am scum? I was one of the first on the wagon and held out (for the worst) on it. It was a mis-lynch but stuart played very badly so he was an easy lynch.

I do however think that otto might be correct in his claim. because if indeed only the yous and Is were added and taken away there should be no spelling or gram mistakes. This is ture. I looked and re-looked at the claim and it had 0 spelling (except for an added I) errors. and no grammer errors. I even checked it in MS Word and nothing came up. This is not like otto to make 0 grammer mistakes (or me for that matter). So I am torn because it is almost the same claim as stu, yet there are no mistakes. I might have to go re-read otto.
Tracey Morris
Tracey Morris
Townie
Tracey Morris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Tracey Morris »

Otto Ulbreicht wrote:I know I'm too scummy to be NKed tonight, so I'm just gonna go ahead and do this.

We already killed one good PR, I'd love to see if this happens to me...

I'm Lieutenant Otto Ulbreicht. I was part of an experimental training regiment program. As a result, I have special training against aliens, and its now coming in handy, as i know there are aliens on board. Because of special training, I am NK immune.

Discuss
WTF. Your logic makes zero sense. If you are too scummy to be NK why would you need to claim? Maybe because you wanted to get everyone to back off of you because of your hammer, so you preempted with a power role claim. And, the same power role as Stuart. Talk about fishy. If you are what you say you are, you should have been behaving as total town and avoided any obvious suspicion to try and draw the NK to you, to help the town. You blew it. I don't buy this claim at all.
Emile Buchard wrote:Right now, I'm tempted to believe Otto's claim, as there's really nothing for him to loose. Why is it that all of our NK immune players are so scummy! Ah!
There was nothing to gain either, except to get everyone off his back. And then, he could claim later if the wagon started getting speed on him.
Otto Ulbreicht wrote:I am claiming now because it seems like a good time. We already lynched one PR, I'd hate to see me get lynched too.
Again, WTF. Please explain to us how it is a good time to claim. You'd hate to see another PR lynched? We haven't even started voting yet. This claim is so ludicrous.
Igor Schultz wrote:Otto just claimed the exact same thing as stu. Did any of you note that? bullet proof roles are always tricky to predict. because a scum can claim that and he will never be nked (or a town can and never be nked).
I noticed. Two bulletproof town power roles. It's almost too much to swallow.
Igor Schultz wrote:I do however think that otto might be correct in his claim. because if indeed only the yous and Is were added and taken away there should be no spelling or gram mistakes. This is ture. I looked and re-looked at the claim and it had 0 spelling (except for an added I) errors. and no grammer errors. I even checked it in MS Word and nothing came up. This is not like otto to make 0 grammer mistakes (or me for that matter). So I am torn because it is almost the same claim as stu, yet there are no mistakes. I might have to go re-read otto.
You are basing your feeling of a claim off of grammar and spelling?

Something fishy is going on between Otto, Emile, and Igor.

FoS: Otto, Emile, Igor
Leon Dreyfus
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Leon Dreyfus »

Well, that was an interesting event in my leave.

Catching up later.
Sorry, but [b]V/LA[/b] for a bit...
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Claude wrote:if there is anyone who has a way to confirm his role, that would be great, but this would probably imply that a second PR would have to come out, which would be quite catastrophic at the moment.
The only way I think we can confirm his role is if we have a vig and he agrees to shoot Otto tonight or tomorrow (depending if they sent in their night choice already or not). This would be a bad plan however because 1. They'd have to claim in order to confirm him 2. The vig would have to waste one of his shots and 3. We have to hope that Otto isn't a NK immune scum. If he was he'd be falsely confirmed.
Claude wrote:post 303: I don't understand, you are suspecting that Stuart had some hidden power that was not revealed after death? This bothers me a lot, so please explain.
I assume you mean this part.
Me wrote:If Emile is scum and Stuart knows that he's scum somehow wouldn't Emile want to keep Stuart alive just as long as he kept being scummy so that Stuart's secret would just be passed off as idiocy? This all assumes on two things though. One, Emile is to be scum and two, Stuart really did know Emile is scum.
If you reread the end of D1 and I think the beginning of tonight a few people were talking about "Well if Stuart wanted Emile dead so badly what if he somehow knew he was scum" I was joining in on that discussion but if you reread my post is said that it assumes that he does. The post was just in reply to the discussion.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:26 am

Post by malthusis »

All actions are in, start of day scene coming up.....
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:53 am

Post by malthusis »

After the climactic event of Stuart's lynching, supper is brought into the Pen before you go to sleep on makeshift cots, pondering the day's events...

Once you get up, you see a guard at the station (your friend Gerhard Krause) in the middle of the room, with way too many holes in him. The wounds seem to have cauterized over, so there is no blood on the floor. As you call the scientists over to the lab to pick up the body, Spencer yells,"Hey guys, come look at this!". You cannot even begin to describe the horrific alien that lays on the floor in front of you, with dripping orange liquid all over the floor. It looks comatose, but just to be sure, Otto blasts it with the Sonic Cannon, making even more of mess across the floor. As the scientists come in and use several tools to analyze the bodies, the Head Scientist says,"From what we can tell, this guard here was being controlled by that alien we call a Tentaculat over there. You guys are very lucky someone took this out for you, or else there could have been major trouble!". Everyone stands dazed for a few seconds, before Igor says, "We better get started on finding the rest of these scum, right?......."

Gerhard Krause (who actually was a Tentaculat), M.C. Controller,
was killed Twilight 1.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Oh, I typed that while you were writing, sorry.

Deleted it for you.
Tracey Morris
Tracey Morris
Townie
Tracey Morris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Tracey Morris »

Emile Buchard wrote:Right now, I'm tempted to believe Otto's claim, as there's really nothing for him to loose.
Emile - the question is, what did he have to gain by claiming?
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Alright, one alien is dead. This is probably going to change what I think of everyone (I have to look at links between Gerhard and everyone else).

Anyway, what happened here? It would appear that we have either a SK or vig out of us (which I'm not really surprised by) but what I'm wondering is what happened to the scums kill?

Also, to snyone that knows about XCOM (since I don't know to much abot it) are there multiple alien races and if so are they at war with each other or something (if there aren't multiple alien races the kill is probably more likely to be a vig kill then an SK kill).
Leon Dreyfus
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Leon Dreyfus »

I feel awesome for pinging Gerhard.
Sorry, but [b]V/LA[/b] for a bit...
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:35 pm

After a read through of Gerhard's posts, I've found a couple of notable things:
1. Voted Edward in his first post for Edward's plan and later called out Edward/Orski for their lack of activity.
2. In his 3rd post, said Igor could be "opportunistic alien scum" but left his vote on Edward.
3. Switched his vote to Stuart in his 4th post where it would remain for the rest of the day except for when he raised concerns over Stu being a jester, which Igor quickly quashed.
4. The rest of the day is spent questioning Stuart, except for his 38th post which strongly promotes the Stuart lynch over the Emile lynch proposed by Tracey.
5. In his 24th post, he draws attention to Otto's lack of activity, but after Otto drops the hammer he warns us against tunneling Otto.

It's tough to tell whether some of these points mean the mentioned players are more likely scum or town, but the main thing I take away from all of this is that I believe Emile is scum. If Emile was town, Gerhard would have no problem switching his vote over especially since Stuart probably would have been lynched anyway. Also, there are 2 key quotes from Emile:
Emile wrote:Gehard is meta-fishing, that's true, but is that scummy? I personally think that meta benefits the town more than scum
Emile wrote:Gerhard--There's really no reason to think that Gerhard is anything but town, really.
Emile was also very quick to believe Otto's claim without even asking him any questions about it. For these reasons,
Vote: Emile Buchard

I'll also be keeping an eye on Otto for his hammer and claim, especially given this quote:
Otto wrote:There was no reason for him (Stuart) to claim so early in the game his ability, other than to use it as a scare tactic. For that reason I conclude he is scum, and wish to get rid of him.
Granted, Otto's claim comes a little later in the game, but it still feels unnecessary and like a cheap copy of Stu's role.
Claude wrote: What do Gerhard and Spencer think about this claim (since they declared that they would vote Otto tomorrow)?
I know Spencer said this, but I don't believe Gerhard ever did.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

"Bah" My role was a little too complicated for me. "MC Controller"
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Oh, mod I am going to keep the account. I don't mind you revealing who I was though.
Igor Schultz
Igor Schultz
Townie
Igor Schultz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Igor Schultz »

Jaime Marcelle wrote:Alright, one alien is dead. This is probably going to change what I think of everyone (I have to look at links between Gerhard and everyone else).

Anyway, what happened here? It would appear that we have either a SK or vig out of us (which I'm not really surprised by) but what I'm wondering is what happened to the scums kill?

Also, to snyone that knows about XCOM (since I don't know to much abot it) are there multiple alien races and if so are they at war with each other or something (if there aren't multiple alien races the kill is probably more likely to be a vig kill then an SK kill).
yes, I need to brush up on tftd races. He was using what the game calls psonic power (in x-com one only sectoids and ethreals [nasty bitches they are] could use it). He can panic or even take ctrl of a person on your team. If we had captured him our scientists could have made psy amps which would allow us to use that power.

I am also happy that I ping gerard. twice actually I had my vote on him for some time.

Ok one thing that strikes me is that the mafia did not kill tonight. We must have a town viggy or an SK. I might be tempted to throw out the posiblity that there might be a psy person on our ship who killed an alien. However the fact that they didn't kill is slightly unsettling. I will have to ponder more on this. Not rady to vote yet, but I would not mind voting for anybody. *looks over at emmy*

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”