Mini 857 Disney Movie Mafia 2 - The Classics (Roll Credits)

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

Over 24 hours have gone by with no posts.
Jazzmyn has untill Tuesday at 9PM, PST to pick up the mass prod or be replaced (at least temporarily)
Deadline is currently December 24th, 6PM PST
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by Crazy »

I have nothing of importance to say. I consider both Starbuck and ckd to be about 90-95% town. Unless if one of the other 3 says something that makes them look really really town, then I'm not straying from that.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

mass prod huh?...does look like star and I are the only ones chatting..

sorry to stall out the game I guess, but I really want Jazz to claim next.

that doesnt mean we have to stop talking.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:44 am

Post by Starbuck »

Yesterday was my Great Grandmother's memorial service. I was not around at all. My signature does say semi-V/LA while I am home visiting the States and I really loathe being prodded when I have not been inactive even while I have things going on.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:16 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Crazy wrote:
I have nothing of importance to say. I consider both Starbuck and ckd to be about 90-95% town.
Unless if one of the other 3 says something that makes them look really really town, then I'm not straying from that.
I would really like the reasoning behind this...
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:33 am

Post by Starbuck »

I don't know about curiouskarmadog, but Crazy has been saying for awhile that he finds me to be town because of my claim. I haven't looked back on him in iso yet, but if I find something I'll link to it.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:35 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

That's weird, because the behavior surrounding your claim is one of the things I find most suspicious about you.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:19 am

Post by Starbuck »

What do you mean?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:37 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Well, it's a generally understood meta-fact that all vanilla claims at L-1 are lynched. The only time that scum can claim vanilla townie and get away with it is to claim earlier than L-1 (say L-3) then immediately make an excuse as to why they claimed so early ("forgot the number to lynch... again!") or they can claim vanilla townie during a mass claim.

You've done both, Starbuck. The first one I was kinda letting slide (though it nagged at me), but the second is rubbing it in a little.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:46 am

Post by semioldguy »

curiouskarmadog is town because his claim is provable and more or less irrefutable. Unless our daykiller came out and claimed vig or someone else did, then I don't think this game would have three anti-town killing roles. That'd be ridiculous.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:53 am

Post by Starbuck »

Kublai Khan wrote:Well, it's a generally understood meta-fact that all vanilla claims at L-1 are lynched. The only time that scum can claim vanilla townie and get away with it is to claim earlier than L-1 (say L-3) then immediately make an excuse as to why they claimed so early ("forgot the number to lynch... again!") or they can claim vanilla townie during a mass claim.

You've done both, Starbuck. The first one I was kinda letting slide (though it nagged at me), but the second is rubbing it in a little.
I did make a mistake because I had replaced into quite a number of Newbie games at the time and the Day 1 "# to lynch" is 5 in Newbie games because they only have 9 players rather than the Mini's 12. So I did think I was at L-1, I can't refute this. If you think that pushing for my lynch is beneficial, go right ahead. I'm only a Vanilla Townie. Hell, I wish I had some way to steer this game other than my personal opinion, but I do not.

But how could I have done both? I had already claimed prior to massclaim ever being brought up, and all I did was reiterate what I originally said.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:55 am

Post by Crazy »

I've said many times that I find Starbuck's claim to be really good flavor-wise (Buzz makes a good Vanilla Townie - if she claimed a power role it would be less believable), which means she is very likely to be town.

Let me make this clear - I'm not saying that I like the claim because Buzz is likely to be pro-town; I'm saying that I like the claim because Buzz is likely to be VANILLA.

I'm assuming that ckd isn't lying about his double-vote, because that would be ridiculous. Saying that, he is absolutely confirmed non-mafia, because if he was mafia, then he would have already won by now (Kill someone other than SC, then use the double-vote plus his partner's vote to win). Thus, ckd could only possibly be town or an SK that was given extra powers.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:24 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Starbuck wrote:I did make a mistake because I had replaced into quite a number of Newbie games at the time and the Day 1 "# to lynch" is 5 in Newbie games because they only have 9 players rather than the Mini's 12. So I did think I was at L-1, I can't refute this.
Yeah, I read the explanation. I'm just not sure I buy the story.
Starbuck wrote:If you think that pushing for my lynch is beneficial, go right ahead. I'm only a Vanilla Townie. Hell, I wish I had some way to steer this game other than my personal opinion, but I do not.
Woah, defensive lady! When did I push for your lynch? The game is dead enough to get a mass prod, so I'm digging into my bag of "small stuff that's bugging me" to make conversation.
Starbuck (bold mine) wrote:But how could I have done both?
I had already claimed prior to massclaim ever being brought up
, and all I did was reiterate what I originally said.
Huh?

Crazy - 1160 -- "I'm thinking massclaim"
curiouskarmadog - 1162 -- "I am fine with a massclaim"
semioldguy - 1163 -- "I'm for mass-claim. "
Starbuck - 1164 -- "I've already claimed and I will reiterate it once more. Buzz Lightyear, Vanilla Townie. "
Crazy wrote:I've said many times that I find Starbuck's claim to be really good flavor-wise (Buzz makes a good Vanilla Townie - if she claimed a power role it would be less believable), which means she is very likely to be town.

Let me make this clear - I'm not saying that I like the claim because Buzz is likely to be pro-town; I'm saying that I like the claim because Buzz is likely to be VANILLA.
Huh? So because she claimed vanilla, she's more likely to be vanilla?

I still think you're putting way too much faith in flavor. I'm curious what kind of hoops you'll jump through to explain how Balto is a Pharmacist.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

What on earth are you talking about with the claim thing?

Mass claim would make no difference to me because I already had claimed. Was I supposed to deny that I had already claimed or restate that I already claimed? I really don't get where you are going with this.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:15 am

if star is anything I am betting the eraser (SK?)....a vanilla claim does not do anything for her either way.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Starbuck »

LOL, I wish I had some type of control of this game, but I don't. That's what has made things so frustrating.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:40 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Thanks to all, especially the game moderator, for your patience and for letting me stay in the game. My brother's funeral was yesterday (Saturday) and I'm back home now. Still reeling somewhat, but I'm back.
semioldguy wrote:@Jazzmyn
If you were set on trying to save Gorrad at the end of yesterday, why didn't you move your vote to StrangerCoug or curiouskarmadog to make not lynching him a greater possibility?
I guess I just didn't think about that, as I didn't have a case on either StrangerCougar or curiouskarmadog, and neither of them seemed particularly scummy to me. My concern was to try to stop the lynch of a power role but I didn't have much time to do so, and I didn't really know what to do about claiming on behalf of someone else, as such a situation had never arisen for me before.
Kublai Khan wrote:@Jazzmyn: I'll echo semioldguy's question from 1159. You
really
didn't give us time to re-evaluate the deadline lynch with your last minute info.
Gorrad posted on Friday (his #1143) that he would be V/LA until Sunday. I didn't see his post until Saturday when I posted (my #1149). I had been extremely busy with family matters in the couple of days before that and just didn't have any choice about the timing. By the time I saw Gorrad's V/LA post on Saturday, there were only a couple of hours left.
semioldguy wrote:@Jazzmyn
please answer mine and Kahn's question along with your claim. Also, why didn't you make that post at the end of the day any earlier? Since apparently you've known for a long time, withholding that until it is essentially too late makes little sense to me. You could have given the town more than a mere two hours I'd think.
See above. I had no choice about the timing.
Kublai Khan wrote:No, we wait. Now I'm not suggesting in any way that Jazzmyn is lying about her home circumstances, quite the opposite actually: My thoughts and prayers go out to Jazzmyn and her family (thinking back she had some sick family in the last game I played with her, too).
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, which are much appreciated. I don't remember specifically the last game you and I played together, but I'm guessing it might have been over a year ago when my niece was unexpectedly hospitalized and I was taking care of her two children for a bit, as I seem to recall that interfering in a game here some time in 2008, and I think it resulted in me being lynched and the scum winning. I don't recall the specific game at the moment, though. There was also another death in my family last year on December 1, one day off from my brother's death this year on December 2; that wasn't a close family member, but rather a cousin on the west coast. Then in May of this year, my daughter had to have emergency surgery, with additional surgery to follow, and I replaced out of all my games at that time as a result. Her follow up surgery didn't take place until September, by which time my brother had been admitted to hospital in August, where he remained (except for about a week) until his death last week. So, it's been a pretty horrible year and a half as far as medical problems among family is concerned.
Kublai Khan wrote:Blame SensFan for my paranoia.
I guess I can post a link to my brother's obituary, if necessary, but wow. Personally, I cannot even fathom someone lying about the death or illness of a loved one for any reason, let alone to try to attain some advantage in a game, of all things.
curiouskarmadog wrote:sorry to stall out the game I guess, but I really want Jazz to claim next.

that doesnt mean we have to stop talking.
I'm perfectly content with the mass claim and I'm happy to go next. I'm Baloo from the Jungle Book. I was a Vanilla Townie until Gorrad visited me during the night and gave me a particular ability. My initial role flavour was to the effect (paraphrasing) that so many are running around with special limited edition movies, special features and sequels until it kills off the franchise, all of which is too much work because I just wanted to 'forget about my worries and my strife' and stick to the 'bare necessities', so all I had was my jungle smarts and my vote to try to eliminate the mafia.

But after Gorrad visited, my role changed, and I was given a non-Vanilla ability.
curiouskarmadog wrote:if star is anything I am betting the eraser (SK?)....a vanilla claim does not do anything for her either way.
That makes sense. I can see Starbuck as the SK, and that might make more sense than the scum read I previously got from her posts. I'll have to look at her posts again in isolation with that in mind.

If this is a popcorn thing, does that mean I get to pick who claims next? If so, I'll choose Crazy.

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:03 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Jazzmyn wrote:But after Gorrad visited, my role changed, and I was given a non-Vanilla ability.
EBWOP: That should say "as" not "and".

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:28 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Also, I will try to read everything more closely tomorrow as I'll be home for the next couple of days, but I'm really tired now, so sorry if I missed anything important.

Regards,
Jazz
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:53 pm

Post by semioldguy »

What is your non-vanilla ability?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:43 am

a full massclaim, is a full claim....what is your ability and who did you use it on? was it a one shot or permanant ability?

if jazz is telling the truth, gorrad should have targetted someone else...when claiming, if anyone else was targetted by gorrad please speak up....

I have some issue with this claim, but will explain why later (need to see other claims first).
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:46 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:
I have some issue with this claim, but will explain why later (need to see other claims first).
welllll....now that I am rereading, part of this may pan out....also, what night did Gorrad target you?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:49 am

Post by Crazy »

I'm Genie from Aladdin, Vanilla Townie. Flavor is that I have awesome powers, but since I'm always either working for a master or trapped in my lamp, all that isn't much use.

KK can claim next, though I also want to hear the rest of Jazz's claim.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:52 am

ok, no more claiming UNTIL jazz finishes his full claim.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

As I said previously, I got an Event message at the beginning of Day 2.

It said (paraphrasing) that I woke up in the morning to find some medicine, giving me a one-shot doctor ability. The ability could not be used until Night 2. I figured out from Gorrad's hint on Day 2 that it was likely him who had visited me, so that's why I tried to save him. That's also why I said this:
Jazz wrote:If those of you voting him unvote him,
he can probably be protected overnight.
I figured that whatever his role was, it was a PR with more power than just a one-shot doctor, and if I could prevent his lynch, I would also have a shot at protecting him overnight. That didn't work out, obviously, since there wasn't sufficient time to stop his lynch.

I still have the one-shot doctor ability as I didn't use it during Night 2.
curiouskarmadog wrote:if jazz is telling the truth, gorrad should have targetted someone else...when claiming, if anyone else was targetted by gorrad please speak up....
Only if Gorrad had a Night 0 action, since he targeted me on Night 1 and was lynched on Day 2. This seems unlikely, unless game moderators give players secret Night 0 actions in games with a Day 1 start??

Regards,
Jazz

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”