Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

I don't have much time ATM, but I'll note I didn't attack you because you attacked me, I attacked you yesterday too before you ever mentioned me.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by foilist13 »

deleted by mod
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Kdub »

cades replaces Katniss.

Vote Count

CrueKnight (1)
- Torqez
Furry (2)
- Wickedestjr, Rhinox
cruelty (0)
-
Sir Chris (1)
- malpascp
Rhinox (0)
-
Wickedestjr (1)
- Sir Chris
malpascp (1)
- cruelty
Faraday (0)
-
SolemnJ (1)
- Furry
Torqez (1)
- Faraday
foilist13 (0)
-
cades (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting 4)
- cades, CrueKnight, SolemnJ, foilist13

12 players alive, 7 votes needed to lynch.

Deadline is December 19, ~11:00 am MST
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:11 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Welcome cades.

Furry, I think I see what you are saying. One more question: Let's say that I vote for somebody that hasn't done anything scummy nor townie, and I do it mainly to pressure vote them. Does that mean I want them lynched?

Sir Chris, I'm not saying your vote is OMGUS. Please read the thread carefully. I was simply explaining something to you that you didn't seem to understand. That's all.

@foilist -

deleted by mod
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Sir Chris »

I apologize, I didn't phrase myself correctly, I was stating that for the general notion that my vote was because I attacked you, it was for everyone's benefit.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

SolemnJ, how much experience with mafia do you have?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Oh and Sir Chris, since your online, what do you think of cruelty?
-Wickedestjr
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:42 am

Post by Rhinox »

Just posting to say that my limited access ended up being no access at all, but starting tomorrow I'll be back to full access. All I have time for right now is to say that I haven't read anything since my last post and I don't have time to do it right now - have to travel from PA back to Ohio, but I'll jump right back to full activity tomorrow.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Sir Chris »

I like cruelty a lot, in the town sense. Seems direct and to the point, an approach I generally see as town.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:48 am

Post by cruelty »

Wickedestjr wrote:cruelty, could your suspicion of malpascp be summarized as not contributing much?
cruelty wrote:vote: mal

Basically anonymous yesterday, a few vote changes and most notably hopped onto the Haylen wagon very late and without any real explanation. You got some questions to answer.

Could your questions be summarised as inane and redundant?
Wicked wrote:Didn't I give reasons for my vote for CrueKnight? What was wrong with those reasons?
This:
Wicked wrote:I am going to keep my vote on CrueKnight, but I would prefer to lynch foilist, Furry, or Katniss.

You were on a wagon you knew wouldn't result in a lynch, you were off a wagon that hyposcumWicked knew would result in a mislynch. Being on the CK wagon effectively buddies you a little with the others who were on there, thereby increasing your town cred and puts you in a position to criticise the people who voted for Haylen. Your case on CK in this scenario is really irrelevant, just useless squawking to disguise your actual motivation.

I mean, I can't see any motivation for town to be on a wagon that was obviously going to lose, purely because it was a wagon. Towns concern is, as someone (probably you, that'd be ironic) pointed out, catching scum. Looking innocent is nice and all, but is by far secondary to the overall goal of lynching scum. Therefore I seriously question your presence on CK's wagon.

I also note, and I find this particularly interesting, that once on CK's wagon (and let me quote this):
Wicked wrote:Unvote Vote: CrueKnight

He looks to be the biggest bandwagon that I actually prefer, and we only have three days.
you never once tried to push CK as a better lynch. Despite posting twice more before deadline. Doesn't add up.
unvote, vote: Wicked

mal wrote:Sir Chris do you know what OMGUS is? Also your arguments are simply useless, and some of them are purely wrong. This is the kind of post that I think its basicaly scum-talk.
I hope someone else understands how obvscum this guy is.
Make an actual case, this is vague accusations backed up by.. nothing. You were useless yesterday, you have a chance to make a contribution now. Please do so, especially if you think you've caught scum.
the nexus of the crisis
cades
cades
Townie
cades
Townie
Townie

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:17 am

Post by cades »

checking in :)
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:42 am

Post by Kdub »

Post 526 by foilist13 has been deleted because it discussed a game still in progress. A part of Wickedestjr's post 528 responding to this post has been deleted as well.

This is the last warning (to all players, not just foilist). Any further discussion of ongoing games will result in a modkill.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

cruelty wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:cruelty, could your suspicion of malpascp be summarized as not contributing much?
cruelty wrote:vote: mal

Basically anonymous yesterday, a few vote changes and most notably hopped onto the Haylen wagon very late and without any real explanation. You got some questions to answer.

Could your questions be summarised as inane and redundant?

I just want some clarification. I wasn't sure if you would correct me for calling it just that. So, can I say that your case is just that he isn't contributing?

cruelty wrote:You were on a wagon you knew wouldn't result in a lynch, you were off a wagon that hyposcumWicked knew would result in a mislynch.

You are jumping to conclusions here.

cruelty wrote:Being on the CK wagon effectively buddies you a little with the others who were on there, thereby increasing your town cred and puts you in a position to criticise the people who voted for Haylen.

There are many things wrong with this.

1: If I was interested with buddying with the players on a wagon, then I would have been better off voting Haylen.

2: Jumping on a bandwagon hardly increases town credit. If anything, it attracts suspicion. Like now.

3: I never criticised the people who voted for Haylen. This is a misrep.

cruelty wrote:Your case on CK in this scenario is really irrelevant, just useless squawking to disguise your actual motivation.
This is misrepping me. I explained why I jumped on the bandwagon. We were just a few days away from the deadline, and the CrueKnight bandwagon was the one I preferred. What I find funny is that had I jumped on the Haylen bandwagon, you most likely would have had no problems with it, as I believe there were several other players that did, and you didn't attack any of them.

cruelty wrote:I mean, I can't see any motivation for town to be on a wagon that was obviously going to lose, purely because it was a wagon. Towns concern is, as someone (probably you, that'd be ironic) pointed out, catching scum.

I didn't jump on the CrueKnight bandwagon purely because it was a bandwagon. That is another misrepresentation and you know it. Would you have liked it if I parked my vote on Furry when we were a few days from deadline with nobody else showing any interest in joining the bandwagon? What more could I have done to persuade people to switch their votes? There is only one more person today that agrees with me that Furry is scum.

cruelty wrote:Looking innocent is nice and all, but is by far secondary to the overall goal of lynching scum. Therefore I seriously question your presence on CK's wagon.
What made you draw the conclusion that I'm trying to appear innocent?

cruelty wrote:you never once tried to push CK as a better lynch. Despite posting twice more before deadline. Doesn't add up.
First of all, I admit I didn't push much for the CK lynch but that was for three reasons:

1. I doubted my ability to do so.

2. I was still fine with the Haylen lynch.

3. I knew I wouldn't get enough people to help lynch anybody else, so CK and Haylen were really my only two options. I voted CK, and I decided I'd just let all the other town members vote their preference and let the lynch be the one that the town most preferred.

Second of all, how were you pushing for the Haylen lynch? Your only post within three days of the deadline was this:

cruelty wrote:Don't buy the claim. I also note the complete lack of content despite it being asked for and promised numerous times. Coupled with the woe is me whining, I like this lynch.

Mal, elaborate please.

Furry often the point of a pressure vote is to get a read - I personally never had a town read on Haylen, and her reaction hasn't impressed me at all.
Her reaction "didn't impress you at all." That doesn't actually seem like a strong stance to me, and this whole post looks like one designed to fly under the radar.

Vote: cruelty

This attack consists of lots of misrepresentations. Also there are a few other points I had against him, but I'll post those later.
-Wickedestjr
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by foilist13 »

I need to do some serious rereading, I'll post some new opinions either later today or tomorrow.

@mod - the game I was referring to is not ongoing. This was a newbie game some time ago.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

I find it amusing wicked FoSes someone who voted him yesterday and then votes for the guy who voted him today.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Kdub »

CrueKnight and Torqez have been prodded.

foilist13 wrote:@mod - the game I was referring to is not ongoing. This was a newbie game some time ago.
I will investigate this matter, but for now, the warning stands.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Sir Chris, I have been suspicious of cruelty since I observed his behavior a few days ago.
-Wickedestjr
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

What do you think of mal's vote of me citing OMGUS then?
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by cruelty »

Haha, wicked you're bringing out the chuckles today.
wicked wrote:I just want some clarification. I wasn't sure if you would correct me for calling it just that. So, can I say that your case is just that he isn't contributing?
You can call it a pressure vote that failed. There is no case, just an observation that he's not contributing.

wicked wrote:I didn't jump on the CrueKnight bandwagon purely because it was a bandwagon. That is another misrepresentation and you know it.
lol.
wicked wrote:He looks to be the biggest bandwagon that I actually prefer, and we only have three days
Noted.
wicked wrote:I knew I wouldn't get enough people to help lynch anybody else, so CK and Haylen were really my only two options. I voted CK, and I decided I'd just let all the other town members vote their preference and let the lynch be the one that the town most preferred.
So you decided against scumhunting until the end and instead just pitched your tent and hoped for the best? This is pro-town how?
wicked wrote:Second of all, how were you pushing for the Haylen lynch? Your only post within three days of the deadline was this: (quote snipped)
Haha, really?

I started the Haylen wagon, and my final post before the deadline was confirmation that I was happy with it. That post was 14 hours before the day was closed. Not really sure how this is a valid point, you're attacking me for being happy with my vote on a wagon that I started and continually advocated? I mean, I was wrong about her alignment but this is a ludicrous attempt to incriminate me.
wicked wrote:What I find funny is that had I jumped on the Haylen bandwagon, you most likely would have had no problems with it, as I believe there were several other players that did, and you didn't attack any of them.
I would have if you'd said that Haylen was only your fourth suspect.

You voted for your
fourth
suspect. You specifically stated you thought
three players to be more suspicious
and yet you just sat down on the CK wagon and went dark.
wicked wrote:1: If I was interested with buddying with the players on a wagon, then I would have been better off voting Haylen.

2: Jumping on a bandwagon hardly increases town credit. If anything, it attracts suspicion. Like now.

1: Nope, I'd already questioned why you were voting for your fourth suspect, you couldn't shift to someone who was at best fifth on your list.

2: You jumped on a bandwagon that went nowhere. I suspect you knew it wouldn't amount to anything and used the opportunity to attempt to get onside with the players on it.

3: I never said you did. I said you put yourself in a position to. You're actually misrepping my argument. Amusing.

All of this followed up by what amounts to an OMGUS vote.
the nexus of the crisis
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Torqez »

Sorry guys - I can't seem to keep up in a huge game like this + I'm not contributing to what I normally do in a game.

Mod: Sorry for the trouble, but can I replace out?

Sorry guys :( ...not used to the large numbers

I will begin looking for a replacement.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Furry »

Wickedestjr wrote:Furry, I think I see what you are saying. One more question: Let's say that I vote for somebody that hasn't done anything scummy nor townie, and I do it mainly to pressure vote them. Does that mean I want them lynched?
I dunno, I wouldnt be pressure voting a neutral/no read.

If you are voting someone you should be fine with their lynch though.
Temporary unretired alt
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:07 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Sir Chris wrote:What do you think of mal's vote of me citing OMGUS then?
I agree with some of the points in mal's case, but I disagree with the point about the OMGUS. I only think OMGUS is a good point to use if there is evidence to back it up, which if mal has some evidence, that would be nice to show. However, I think both you and malpascp are town. Did you defend yourself against the case anyway?
-Wickedestjr
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:36 am

Post by Sir Chris »

You think I am town but FoS'd me earlier? Weird thing to say. Also he didn't have a case really, he just made a lot of vague "leave it up to the imagination" stuff and the only thing he said that was not vague was the thing that I only voted you because you attacked me, which literally can't be true.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:38 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

cruelty wrote:
wicked wrote:I just want some clarification. I wasn't sure if you would correct me for calling it just that. So, can I say that your case is just that he isn't contributing?
You can call it a pressure vote that failed. There is no case, just an observation that he's not contributing.

Why would you vote him for not contributing after we lynched a townie for that same reason?

cruelty wrote:
wicked wrote:I knew I wouldn't get enough people to help lynch anybody else, so CK and Haylen were really my only two options. I voted CK, and I decided I'd just let all the other town members vote their preference and let the lynch be the one that the town most preferred.
1: So you decided against scumhunting until the end and instead just pitched your tent and hoped for the best? 2: This is pro-town how?
1: Yes.

2: I'm not saying it is or isn't. I'm saying its not anti-town.

cruelty wrote:[1: I started the Haylen wagon, and my final post before the deadline was confirmation that I was happy with it. That post was 14 hours before the day was closed. Not really sure how this is a valid point, you're attacking me for being happy with my vote on a wagon that I started and continually advocated? I mean, I was wrong about her alignment but [2: this is a ludicrous attempt to incriminate me.]
1: Alright, I admit that wasn't a good example.

2: I admit it was an inaccurate point, however, the same could be said about your case against me.

cruelty wrote:You voted for your
fourth
suspect. You specifically stated you thought
three players to be more suspicious
and yet you just sat down on the CK wagon and went dark.

I have already explained this. You don't have to reiterate the point over and over again. I understand why you are attacking me. :roll:

cruelty wrote:
wicked wrote:1: If I was interested with buddying with the players on a wagon, then I would have been better off voting Haylen.

1: Nope, I'd already questioned why you were voting for your fourth suspect, you couldn't shift to someone who was at best fifth on your list.

2: You jumped on a bandwagon that went nowhere. I suspect you knew it wouldn't amount to anything and used the opportunity to attempt to get onside with the players on it.

3: I never said you did. I said you put yourself in a position to. You're actually misrepping my argument. Amusing.
1: Yeah I could've. I was already voting Haylen at one point in the game. It wasn't because she was my main suspect though. It was a pressure vote.

2: I'm not phsycic. If I had to bet I would've guessed that Haylen would have been the lynch, but there is no way I could no for sure.
Also, why the heck would I want to get town credit from Scott Brosius and Torqez? You obviously didn't think this case through. If I am scum, then I just killed one of the two, leaving Torqez who has been the most quiet person in the game. Also, like I said, bandwagoning doesn't give you town credit.

3: I apologize, I miss interprated it. Either way, it is a stupid point.
Why would I want to critisize the people who were bandwagoning on somebody that I had previously been voting? This case sucks.

cruelty wrote:All of this followed up by what amounts to an OMGUS vote.
Can we lynch cruelty now?

Also, I highly suggest that everybody reads this post of mine. If you don't want to read the whole thing, that is fine. I have bolded and enlarged the portions that I really want to be seen.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:45 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Ooh. I just noticed this:

For the record
I don't necessarily want a Haylen lynch,
I want less Haylen spam and more Haylen content.
cruelty?
-Wickedestjr

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”