Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:59 am

Post by Sir Chris »

This doesn't seem to be much of a policy lynch as much as "this is how you place as scum let's lynch you."
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:28 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

wolframnhart wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:
Cobalt wrote:This ISN'T his typical town play. He's lurking a ton and has made nil contribution to the game. As town he at least tries to help.
This.

More zwet votes plz.
So you realize a policy lynch is a crappy reason, so you just happily join someone else's.
So you realize you still haven't given much reason as to why we shouldn't lynch you.
QFT, IN AMERICA!
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:40 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Zwet, you're really not playing like you usually do. In fact, your inactivity reminds me of how you played when we were both scum in Empire at War Mafia. Not to mention your refusal to address anything of any value and post any content.
green shirt thursdays
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:10 am

Post by RayFrost »

Sir Chris wrote:RayFrost, try to focus a little better and respond when I ask what policy you think I have offended, it is troublesome if you just pop in and post randomly.

Ummm... policy lynching is when you hate somebody's playstyle for some reasoning.

For you, it's cuz your style makes no sense to me, making it very difficult to get anything other than a scum read from it.
don't you feel silly now?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:44 am

Post by raider8169 »

Seriously at the rate people are posting I wont be caught up until next week. At least I had some time today to read.

Page eight: The discussion between Gorrad and Vaya was good, while I have played some of the games I do not remember all the flavor so this was very informative. I think this just adds confusion to the mix but at least it can be decided that releasing the darkness didn’t have to be a bad thing. Random vote from a new person is really off but it seems that there are a lot of late comers into this game. That doesn’t help anything.
Page nine: Attacking is not always a no-tell. Someone getting tunnel vision is a good example of that. Need to make a note that this is the page there Hayker goes over the main story lines for Kingdom Hearts.
Page ten: A lot of off topic talk going on. I didn’t see anything that would be long term note worthy for me.
Page eleven: I agree with RayFrost, self metaing is scummy. Im confused what happened on this page but I don’t think it’s a big impact on the game.
Page twelve: I agree with Kise’s post 275. Wow twelve pages into the game and 2 people have yet to post. Well I took care of one of them. Still there are a lot of people in this game to try and keep tabs on. Random votes at this stage by xRECKONERx and Cobalt? No case to back it up? Seems fishy to me even though reckoner says 30% joking. Well Cobal did say something, seemed to have missed it but I like the reasoning behind his vote. Post 295 was obvious as soon as the post count was posted.
Page thirteen: Vaya joining the wagon could be to try and take the focus off her however people will vote based on someone else’s case. Otherwise nothing would ever happen. RayFrost posts 317 has some truth to it. Fuzzy has a point in 322.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

What do you agree with in 322 raider?
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Slicey »

Malthusis has requested replacement.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by raider8169 »

fuzzylightning wrote:So many statements of if someone flips scum or if someone flips town, that really doesn't help us right now, does it? Let's stop setting up future days and work on this one right now.
This is the part I agreed with. As we are still in day and more then one person has started if so and so flips town then so and so is scum. I have seen this logic worth both ways and end with another town lynch more then not. Not to say that it is not possible the the second person is scum but as a whole its not worth pursuing.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

raider8169 wrote:
fuzzylightning wrote:So many statements of if someone flips scum or if someone flips town, that really doesn't help us right now, does it? Let's stop setting up future days and work on this one right now.
This is the part I agreed with. As we are still in day and more then one person has started if so and so flips town then so and so is scum. I have seen this logic worth both ways and end with another town lynch more then not. Not to say that it is not possible the the second person is scum but as a whole its not worth pursuing.
While I find all this IioA of the entire game incredibly EXCITING. I (and probably most others) don't really give a shit about a summary and I would rather hear about your current scum-list and the reasoning for it. All the stuff you've agreed with has been theory jargon about how the game should be played and nothing about the players in the game.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Cobalt »

yeah raider, we don't really need the cliff notes version of the thread, we want input.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I'll be replacing Malthusis. I've just finished reading through the thread. Since there's been a lot of material, I wrote down my intuitions about players' alignments; it is reproduced below. Because I hate wallposts, I will only elaborate on specific players' past play if asked. Some tier placements may be difficult to elaborate upon as they were based on intuitions from page 7 or whenever.

(Ordinarily, I do not like or support making townlists, but I think it's only fair in this instance because you have such little information about this slot.)

All lists are roughly chronological, but I started out by only making a scumlist, so the townlist is not as perfectly chronological as the other. I do not have a read on players not listed.

Town Tier

Vaya
Saber
Gorrad
Gorrad
Hayker
Plum

Reckoner
RF
RF
Sir Chris
ModVoice

Scum Tier

zwet
Cobalt
Papa Zito

DTM

DeathNote
foilist

Kise
Shotty
WFH
Discode

Wall Post Tier

DTM
SirChris

raider

SirChris

While I think zwet may be scum, I am wary of D1 zwet lynches. There are certainly worse mislynches, and it may not even be a mislynch, but it's a too-easy lynch regardless.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by RayFrost »

What are the crossed out names for?

Also, explain the wall post and avatarless tiers, please.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Slicey »

Obviously, Iecerint is replacing malthusis.
Last edited by Slicey on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by RayFrost »

The mod misspelled Iecerint's name :lol:
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Slicey »

RayFrost receives a warning for questioning the mod.[/joke]
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Crossed out names indicate that I believed a player should be placed in that group at some point during my read, but that I changed my mind as I encountered new information. Some players regained membership on a list again after I had already added and removed them.

The last 2 tiers are mostly tongue-in-cheek; I've indicated certain players who seemed more concerned with producing "INFORMATION" than being productive. That kind of play is difficult to tolerate during a 23-page reread, so I made that list to indicate my frustration. SirChris was removed because his recent posts have been an major improvement IMO. He still needs an avatar, though.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Does the wall post tier mean that you find the people there to be scummy or that you don't know but don't like what they've got so far?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I think that producing INFORMATION as such can be a viable scum tactic, but players in that group on my list are not necessarily scummy unless they are also in another group. For example, DTM was briefly in both the Scum and Wallpost groups and SirChris was briefly in both the Town and Wallpost groups. Membership in WP mostly only indicates playstyle. It was half a joke and half a self-reminder that negative feelings about those players may be colored by problems with their playstyle.

Raider is more guilty of it than DTM. I vaguely recall that DTM made less absurd posts as the game went on.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Iecerint »

To clarify, Raider does it to such a degree that it begins to look scummy.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Slicey wrote:RayFrost receives a warning for questioning the mod.[/joke]
*performs a modkill* :P
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by Vaya »

Iec, I'm curious, did you start reading this game and making that list before or after you got your role PM?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Does it matter, vaya?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I noticed that the thread existed, read Slicey in iso to get an idea of the flavor, joined the replacements list, was told by Slicey I would replace mal, read mal in isolation (lol), received my role PM, and then read through the game making the list. All this happened today.

So I had read Slicey and mal before I got my role PM, but not much else. (ModVoice seemed utterly bizarre.) I didn't make the list at all until I had my PM.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I still don't get how this relates to anything of value.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Neither do I, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”