Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Because it's the truth. I always post like this. Last thing I need is for a scumbag to come later in the game and go "Gasp! GC is posting in
this
game just like he did in this
other
game where he was scum! And crypto tried to cover it up by saying GC's posting style was town!"

Ugh.

So, no. I'm preemptively destroying that horrible line of thought ("evaluating a player's posting mechanics can help you deduce their alignment!"). Does this mean I'm shutting down your (very weird) basis for belief that I'm town? I guess. But maybe you should come up with a better reason why you think I'm town (hint: Because I'm doing pro-town things and acting in a pro-town manner, which stems from the fact that I'm town). But it also means I'm shutting down a more general horrible line of thought in regards to my alignment which, if unchecked, could possibly lead to my own mislynch.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

mbf, don't be mad that I think you're scum. Let's just hug it out and lynch Pom.

I'm not voting Pomjust because I think she's your buddy. The way she undercut my case on you and then voted you is scummy even if you're town. Independent of your allignment, her behavior there is scummy.

She has had other questionable behaviors that I commented on. She said rofl was defending his buddy ray and vote rofl. When there was already a wagon on ray. Which makes no sense to vote rofl at that point. I mentioned Pom in my ISO 7 and 15 before I voted her. She is someone I have been suspicious of for some time.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

What? Twenty posts ago you were ready to cut off my head. Now you want to hug and work together?

Go away, you bipolar freak.

Seriously though, I too think that Pom has been suspicious and could be persuaded to vote her. But not by you, and certainly not until RayFrost does something
townish
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by crypto »

Is that the only reason you were voting RayFrost? If so, why are you suddenly changing your vote when the wagon was building and RayFrost still hadn't responded?
The wagon wasn't building (I don't think :|). But Pom's was.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

mikeburnfire wrote:Go away, you bipolar freak.
<3
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
a girl on the internet
a girl on the internet
Townie
a girl on the internet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by a girl on the internet »

hmm. after reading her iso, i got two main issues with pom:

- poms' first post, votes mufasa, states "bandwagon!" as her reason
- mbf attacks her for being "opportunistic" by putting a third vote on mufasa
- pom's second post, defends herself by saying she thought it was only the second vote and so it wasn't opportunistic. it wouldn've been opportunistic anyway! and also THE REASON SHE SAID SHE VOTED MUFASA WAS TO START A BANDWAGON!! so she wanted to start a wagon, but she agrees that more than two votes is opportunistic?? that don't add up.

also, ray vote. the only reason for it appears to be "rofl is acting like ray is his scumbuddy". i mean, even turning off my 'ray is obvtown' blinders, i don't see how that is enough of a case that she would be happy to push him to L-1 and demand a claim, and geez guys, you've seen how wagon-happy i am, rite?

eh, i guess i'll see how this one goes. rly hoping the merry go round of rotating wagons lands on prozac next tho.

unvote, vote pomegranate
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:48 am

Post by Porochaz »

a girl on the internet wrote:hmm. after reading her iso, i got two main issues with pom:

- pom's second post, defends herself by saying she thought it was only the second vote and so it wasn't opportunistic. it wouldn've been opportunistic anyway! and also THE REASON SHE SAID SHE VOTED MUFASA WAS TO START A BANDWAGON!! so she wanted to start a wagon, but she agrees that more than two votes is opportunistic?? that don't add up.

also, ray vote. the only reason for it appears to be "rofl is acting like ray is his scumbuddy". i mean, even turning off my 'ray is obvtown' blinders, i don't see how that is enough of a case that she would be happy to push him to L-1 and demand a claim, and geez guys, you've seen how wagon-happy i am, rite?

eh, i guess i'll see how this one goes. rly hoping the merry go round of rotating wagons lands on prozac next tho.

unvote, vote pomegranate
Another awesome post. Really, next time try and post like your town... just a little.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:53 am

Post by Porochaz »

Oh and Ill reply to the rest once Ive done some revision.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:06 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

"FIVE! FIVE sudden votes on Pomegranite! Ah! Ah! Ah!"
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Who is AGOTI an alt of?
Talk nerdy to me.

a girl on the internet
a girl on the internet
Townie
a girl on the internet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:54 am

Post by a girl on the internet »

Porochaz wrote:Another awesome post. Really, next time try and post like your town... just a little.
i will if you will!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:33 am

Post by elvis_knits »

So reading this post again, I think AGOTI's vote isn't bad like prozac and mbf are implying. Her point about Pom's mufasa vote is a good point. If she was trying to start a bandwagon, why would she back off the vote when she realized her vote was third instead of second?

I don't really like AGOTI referring to the merry go round of bandwagons though.

But overall, she has good reason for voting Pom, shows that she is thinking for herself and using her own reasoning.
a girl on the internet wrote:hmm. after reading her iso, i got two main issues with pom:

unvote, vote pomegranate
Talk nerdy to me.

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Porochaz »

elvis_knits wrote: I don't really like AGOTI referring to the merry go round of bandwagons though.

a girl on the internet wrote: and geez guys, you've seen how wagon-happy i am, rite?

unvote, vote pomegranate
Yeah one shes completely a part of. Not entirely a good thing. Has she given a decent account of her votes... not really.

Answering GC's post now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

You totally snipped out everything of mine that doesn't fit your agenda and made me look like I'm supporting your conclusions. Which I am not. You also snipped out all of AGOTI's post that were reasons that made sense.
Talk nerdy to me.

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Digressing from my GC post which is almost done to answer elvis, I didnt suggest for a moment that any of what I said was your opinion. Also her case is quite weak. I pulled out a point that I thought was worth making, which Ill go into slightly more in the GC post. But going into her case...

unvote, vote pomegranate
Reason 1 happened in the rvs, it interesting but I see it as more likely that she saw the vote, randomly bandwagoned without the reasoning. Looking at the time stamps, like Pom suggested in said post it is likely she did think it was the second vote. Her play here looks consistent with the rvs. Looking and questioning it is fair enough though, I guess, but your digging fairly deep if you use it as a one of two reason basis for a vote, especially in this stage of the game

Point 2 stands but not on its own in this stage of the game.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Porochaz »

- putting words into elvis's mouth
- being generally naive about voting habits in regards to mufasa early on
- using absolutes to describe ray
- her general posting style
- lack of any serious reasoning "thats a dumb wagon"
- reasons for joining the snow bunny wagon were utter crap
- the omgus against me (which I did mention before)
- iso 5 with past posts having been mentioned
- pretty much what she says in iso 7

@AGOTI, why are you suprised that Im annoyed at you "being sure" someone is town? Surely you know its terrible play.

- calls mbf scummy in iso 8 purely because she doesnt understand what he is saying but doesnt ask for it to be explained, and her first reason is utter bullshit (slowing down the progression of RVS) in fact her only reason that could possibly hold up isnt hers.
- at the end of iso 8 she states
"you gotta find some sorta scummy point to decide who to pressure, but that's mostly just cuz no one feels any pressure from totally random votes."
Yet she hasnt really found any scummy points about anyone prefering to latch onto others points mostly. She hasn put any pressure on anyone or followed it up beyond mindlessly bandwagoning. She calls herself "wagon-happy" and what we are doing is a "merry go round of rotating wagons" suggestion that it is random and shes not particularly wanting it to change. Fact is, here she is talking about early game, yet as far as Im aware she hasnt been putting down ANY votes on who she thinks is scum rather to pressure them but never taking it any further (ie.questioning, stating a case of her own) so she is quite hypocritical here.

And yeah ive mentioned it fairly heavily but there is a lack of content in any of her posts. There is a lot of "crap fluff", there is a lot of pinching other peoples reasoning to vote but there is no questioning, there is no actual scum hunting. The game is moving on and she is not. She doesnt post enough to be consistent yet posts just enough not to be called lurking...

Also GC beforehand I also made a post in 229 giving further reasons about why I disliked AGOTI.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Also apologies for the triple post but why do you care what rofl thinks?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

mikeburnfire wrote:Image
"FIVE! FIVE sudden votes on Pomegranite! Ah! Ah! Ah!"
Seriously, <3 the count.
elvis_knits wrote:So reading this post again, I think AGOTI's vote isn't bad like prozac and mbf are implying. Her point about Pom's mufasa vote is a good point. If she was trying to start a bandwagon, why would she back off the vote when she realized her vote was third instead of second?

I don't really like AGOTI referring to the merry go round of bandwagons though.

But overall, she has good reason for voting Pom, shows that she is thinking for herself and using her own reasoning.

unvote, vote pomegranate
Huh? I don't understand these points against me.

What happened: Tajo voted Mufasa, and mentioned a bandwagon. I placed what I thought was the second vote, but was really the third. Later MBF said I was seemingly opportunistic. I explained that I had thought my vote was second, and when I saw that it was third I was fine with it, because it was RVS.

Also EK is acting strange, switching from BWing MBF to ignoring his wagon in a matter of minutes.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by crypto »

In other news, pretty sure Snow_Bunny is scum now. I don't know about RayFrost, but I wouldn't mind
lynching
stabbing his eyes out either.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Your tunneling knows no end, I see. And how, suddenly, I'm pretty sure to be scum now?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by crypto »

By the way, Snow_Bunny, who's your top suspect?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by crypto »

SpyreX wrote:I can be said to be nothing if not a helper.

Unvote, Vote: Mufasa
Why did you wagon here, SpyreX?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:14 am

Post by Porochaz »

crypto please dont ignore snow bunnys question.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:16 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

@crypto: I'll answer if you answer first.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Tarballs »

Hi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”