Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:21 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

lobsertmania wrote:Dead players are allowed
one
"Bah" post with no game-related material.
Indeed.
AlmasterGM, I hope you don't mind my editing this post. Nothing in it needs to be shared or repeated.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

@Mod - No, I certainly don't mind.

It appears that, once again, we have an excellent doctor at work. I ran a scenario of the doctor claiming him and his save to see where it would leave us. It would have worked great if we had 7 people, but since we only have 6, it's a bad idea. Here's why:

Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Player 4
Player 5
Player 6

Doctor claims himself plus save - two options eliminated

Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Player 4
Player 5 - CLEARED
Player 6 - DOCTOR

We lynch one uncleared. Mafia kills doctor.

Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Player 5 - CLEARED

We lynch one uncleared. Mafia kills cleared.

Player 1
Player 2

Game over. As you can see, a doctor claim does not garner us any substantial advantage. We are much better of simply hoping they can save again. Currently, however, we are on a two round clock, so we don't have too much breathing room.

Why am I posting this? Because I already ran the scenario and don't want my time to go to waste. :P
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:00 pm

Post by Peabody »

What if we clear Milkshake along with the person the mafia attacked last night? We already know Milkshake is cleared as confirmed townie:

Player 1 -
Player 2 -
Player 3 -
Player 4 - CLEARED (Being milkshake of course)
Player 5 - CLEARED
Player 6 - Doctor
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:07 am

Post by Hoopla »

A better idea to toy with is we organise a lynch as normal, but when we decide who that is, if the doctor has protected that person, or that person is the doctor they should claim. If nobody claims we assume whoever is being lynched isn't confirmed, but we still protect the identity of the doctor. Thoughts?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:36 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Peabody wrote:What if we clear Milkshake along with the person the mafia attacked last night? We already know Milkshake is cleared as confirmed townie:

Player 1 -
Player 2 -
Player 3 -
Player 4 - CLEARED (Being milkshake of course)
Player 5 - CLEARED
Player 6 - Doctor
This improves our chances, but it still doesn't win us the game. Things would turn out like this:

Player 1
Player 2
Player 4 - CLEARED
Player 5 - CLEARED

Which does narrow our options, but it's still a 50/50 in lylo, not a game over.
A better idea to toy with is we organise a lynch as normal, but when we decide who that is, if the doctor has protected that person, or that person is the doctor they should claim. If nobody claims we assume whoever is being lynched isn't confirmed, but we still protect the identity of the doctor. Thoughts?
I like this if the doctor is going to be lynched, but not if it's just the person they protected. That just gives us the scenario I outlined above which, as I explained, isn't all that awesome. I think we're better off hoping for another save than we are giving ourselves that little extra percentage. This is my personal feeling, though, not science, and it's largely based off the fact that, of all the 3-4 player lylo's I've seen, the majority have been won by mafia.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:40 am

Post by Hoopla »

But if we mislynch, scum just need a correct kill to win. The doctor has a very slim chance of catching that, when it can be any townie. We're best off trying to improve our chances of lynching today as much as possible.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:47 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Hoopla wrote:But if we mislynch, scum just need a correct kill to win. The doctor has a very slim chance of catching that, when it can be any townie. We're best off trying to improve our chances of lynching today as much as possible.
Eh, you're right. OK.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Peabody »

Hoopla wrote:A better idea to toy with is we organise a lynch as normal, but when we decide who that is, if the doctor has protected that person, or that person is the doctor they should claim. If nobody claims we assume whoever is being lynched isn't confirmed, but we still protect the identity of the doctor. Thoughts?
Very good idea. This should protect the identity of the doc.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by milkshake »

Doc might even be able to clear a couple people maybe. (Possible, although unlikely... but in that scenario we would have the mafia identified 100%). Important note though, if we're going to "organize a lynch as normal," don't get it up to L-1, because mafia could profit from a wayward hammer, I believe?

So if that's the case, how are we going to procede with organizing a lynch as normal.

I really like my opinion that Messiah and Peabody are scum. Unfortunately with so little hard information at my disposal (lots of soft information) Hooplah, charlatan, AGM could all be scum concievably. :? I just like Messiah and Peabody.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by charlatan »

Weekend's over; just caught up.

I agree with Hoopla's suggestion. The doc's identity is our number one secret at the moment, and since he hasn't claimed already it's unlikely that he has multiple confirmed townies that would greatly improve our situation. Remember that the doc has saved twice now, so there's a chance they have two confirmed, but probably not.

As for this:
Milkshake wrote:So if that's the case, how are we going to procede with organizing a lynch as normal.
I think we're capable of talking out who we'd most like to see lynched. If we need a more organized system, we can always use FoS's and try to keep an FoS count ourselves.

In this spirit, it might be good to have everyone list their top two so we've got them on record as a starting place. For me, that's Messiah and Hoopla, though unfortunately the theory I'm working with to reach this conclusion presupposes that one of them is scum and one is town, but not both -- so that's tricky. I can (and will be happy to) explain this, but I'd like to see everyone else's starting scum picks before doing so.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

5cvm wrote:Doc might even be able to clear a couple people maybe. (Possible, although unlikely... but in that scenario we would have the mafia identified 100%). Important note though, if we're going to "organize a lynch as normal," don't get it up to L-1, because mafia could profit from a wayward hammer, I believe?

So if that's the case, how are we going to procede with organizing a lynch as normal.

I really like my opinion that Messiah and Peabody are scum. Unfortunately with so little hard information at my disposal (lots of soft information) Hooplah, charlatan, AGM could all be scum concievably. :? I just like Messiah and Peabody.
Alternate account fail.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by milkshake »

I think we're capable of talking out who we'd most like to see lynched.
Well, duh. :P
Alternate account fail.
Ya sorry. ><
Remember that the doc has saved twice now, so there's a chance they have two confirmed, but probably not.
Like you said, almost definitely not since they haven't claimed yet.

Also it is concievable that there's something other than a plain doctor going on.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:50 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

milkshake wrote:Also it is concievable that there's something other than a plain doctor going on.
True, it could also be a roleblocker, in which case there would be zero additional information.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:51 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

AlmasterGM wrote:
milkshake wrote:Also it is concievable that there's something other than a plain doctor going on.
True, it could also be a roleblocker, in which case there would be zero additional information.
Actually, nevermind because if that was the case we would know who the mafia was and it would be game over.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Messiah »

Sorry for not having posted yet, had a busy weekend.

I agree with Hoopla's suggestion, that way we can keep the doctor hidden until absolutely necessary.

As for who I think is scum; Seeing as there's an acute lack of decent evidence against anyone, I was taking a look at all the possible combinations for remaining scum.

This list will not include any groups with me in them as I'm attempting to articulate my own thought process, and is in no particular order.

charlatan/Hoopla
AlmasterGM/Peabody
Hoopla/Peabody
Peabody/charlatan
charlatan/AlmasterGM
Hoopla/AlmasterGM

At this point I'm going to remove all the possibilites involving Hoopla, the one person I have a solid town read on. My town read on her is mainly gut, but I place a lot of faith in my gut town reads.

This leaves us with three possibilities:

AlmasterGM/Peabody - On first thought this seems like the least likely of the three, mainly because Almaster has been calling Peabody scum for the entirety of the game. However, I certainly won't rule out distancing, especially in light of the fact that Almaster never really put any kind of pressure on Peabody at all.

Peabody/charlatan - I can't think of anything that makes this one particularly more or less likely than the other two, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

charlatan/AlmasterGM - This is my current pick for most likely remaining scum. For one, AlmasterGM is almost certainly the scummiest living player. Aside from that, though, is that this scum team would explain the one thing that stands out to me the most about charlatan's play this game, which is the way he switched wagons from Almaster to CooLDoG.

In conclusion: charlatan is most likely one of the remaining scum, in which case his partner is most likely AlmasterGM.
It's times like this..
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:52 am

Post by milkshake »

AlmasterGM/Peabody - On first thought this seems like the least likely of the three, mainly because Almaster has been calling Peabody scum for the entirety of the game. However, I certainly won't rule out distancing, especially in light of the fact that Almaster never really put any kind of pressure on Peabody at all.

Peabody/charlatan - I can't think of anything that makes this one particularly more or less likely than the other two, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

charlatan/AlmasterGM - This is my current pick for most likely remaining scum. For one, AlmasterGM is almost certainly the scummiest living player. Aside from that, though, is that this scum team would explain the one thing that stands out to me the most about charlatan's play this game, which is the way he switched wagons from Almaster to CooLDoG.
Hm, this would make alot of sense for you to say this if you are scum with peabody. :twisted:
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:43 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Messiah wrote:For one, AlmasterGM is almost certainly the scummiest living player.
Why?
Milkshake wrote:Hm, this would make alot of sense for you to say this if you are scum with peabody.
I completely agree with this.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Messiah »

AlmasterGM wrote:Why?
I don't think reiterating why I find you scummy is necessary, we've gone over it extensively.
It's times like this..
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:41 am

Post by charlatan »

Messiah wrote: At this point I'm going to remove all the possibilites involving Hoopla, the one person I have a solid town read on. My town read on her is mainly gut, but I place a lot of faith in my gut town reads.
Hoopla wrote:I have a strong town read on Messiah I have no desire to articulate too heavily on.
That's two players who have decided that the other is town and removing them from the endgame equation, neither of whom has expressed interest in explaining their reads to the town, though making a strong case for an unconfirmed player as town would certainly help us out. I've even asked Hoopla explicitly to share details:
Charlatan wrote:And perhaps now is a good time for you to share why Messiah is town? I know you didn't want to tell us before, but it's important for me to develop my read on you.
Fun fact: Request was denied.

I could be wrong about what I said before, and they may both be scum, but I still think it's possible that one is town and the other is scum buddying up.
Messiah wrote:Aside from that, though, is that this scum team would explain the one thing that stands out to me the most about charlatan's play this game, which is the way he switched wagons from Almaster to CooLDoG.
What about "the way" in which I switched stands out to you? Did my interaction with CooLDoG seem contrived or false in some way? Did you not believe my reasoning for abandoning the Almaster wagon?

@Almaster: You've posted since my last post. Who are your preferred two or three? If you don't know yet, that's fair, I'd just like to see where everyone's at.

My next post will be more on why at least one of the Hoopla/Messiah pair is most likely to be scum, but I've got to go for a while.
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote:What about "the way" in which I switched stands out to you?
The reason you gave for unvoting Almaster, which I believe came down to him finally contributing in a pro-town way. Unless the purpose of your vote was to get him to start contributing(I don't believe it was, correct me if I'm wrong), suddenly turning your play around by contributing and acting pro-town when put under pressure shouldn't be a town tell at all, as I believe you yourself have said on multiple occasions.
It's times like this..
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by charlatan »

Messiah wrote:
charlatan wrote:What about "the way" in which I switched stands out to you?
The reason you gave for unvoting Almaster, which I believe came down to him finally contributing in a pro-town way. Unless the purpose of your vote was to get him to start contributing(I don't believe it was, correct me if I'm wrong), suddenly turning your play around by contributing and acting pro-town when put under pressure shouldn't be a town tell at all, as I believe you yourself have said on multiple occasions.
This is not exactly accurate. I did not remove my vote as a function of him suddenly doing something worthwhile. I'm sure you've noticed by now that my general modus operandi is that when I want a better feel on a player I kick up some dust with them and examine their reactions. Ultimately, Almaster's reactions pushed me away from wanting to see him swing, at least over CooLDoG, and his reaction when he was in immediate danger of being lynched sealed the deal for me. I wanted to see him under pressure, and when I had, I no longer had a reason to be pushing that bandwagon. Ironic that you do not see the merit in gaining town reads this way.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote:Ironic that you do not see the merit in gaining town reads this way.
Is it? Because I don't recall saying anything about the way you go about getting better reads. Regardless..
charlatan wrote:This is not exactly accurate. I did not remove my vote as a function of him suddenly doing something worthwhile.
This is what you said when unvoting Almaster:
charlatan wrote:I certainly meant the accusations I leveled against him, but
something about his responses has pushed him closer to my good graces again.
When accepting the likelihood of a lynch, he got his opinions out there and left some parting words for the town to digest the next day, which is certainly pro-town. I'm still going to watch him, but for now I'm going to unvote.
Orange
- What part of this doesn't read like "Well, he's contributing and acting more pro-town now, unvote."?

Indigo
- Is this the part where I'm suppose to understand the real reason that you unvoted him is that you were done seeing how he responded under the pressure?
charlatan wrote:Ultimately, Almaster's reactions pushed me away from wanting to see him swing, at least over CooLDoG
Care to expound on that at all?
It's times like this..
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by Hoopla »

charlatan wrote: That's two players who have decided that the other is town and removing them from the endgame equation, neither of whom has expressed interest in explaining their reads to the town, though making a strong case for an unconfirmed player as town would certainly help us out. I've even asked Hoopla explicitly to share details.
Mmm valid point, I can understand why this looks odd, but my town read isn't as strong as before now due to Looker's town flip. You'll remember some of reasoning was based believing both scum didn't bus.
Hoopla wrote:
hiphop
(7):
Sposh
, Peabody, Hoopla,
CooLDoG
, charlatan,
milkshake
, AlmasterGM

AlmasterGM (2):
Looker
, Messiah
Peabody (1):
hiphop

Not Voting (2):
Coco
Empking
Messiah is left as the only one alive off the hiphop wagon, however I'm starting to believe the scumteam cannot be without charlatan somewhere. Peabody doesn't seem like a clever option due to hiphop's vote being on him (and it not coming at a time to believe it to be distancing).

--

Right now I'm thinking we should have a psuedo-massclaim today. Only the doctor should not claim - maybe we can do it like: not town powerrole other than doctor/town powerrole other than doctor. Thoughts on this? Every bit of information is vital now, because we
have
to lynch correctly.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Charlatan/Almaster is the only genuine scumpair I can see - maybe Charlatan/Peabody or a combination of Messiah and those two (with charlatan obviously likelier). Today I won't be lynching anyone else I don't think without substancial evidence disproving me.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by charlatan »

Messiah wrote:
charlatan wrote:Ironic that you do not see the merit in gaining town reads this way.
Is it? Because I don't recall saying anything about the way you go about getting better reads. Regardless..
I say it's ironic for two reasons. Firstly, that I've done this to you and did not get a town vibe. Secondly, that you're comfortable quantifying your own town reads without even attempting to explain them beyond "gut feeling" this late in the game.

I'm not sure which part of that is confusing you. His response felt genuine and tipped me in the direction of an unvote. Nowhere did I say it was the entire reason for it. What's more, I probably should not have to explicitly spell out for you when I'm attacking someone for the purpose of pressure -- saying "just kidding, just want to see how you'd respond" neuters the whole approach.
Messiah wrote:
charlatan wrote:Ultimately, Almaster's reactions pushed me away from wanting to see him swing, at least over CooLDoG
Care to expound on that at all?
Again, which part confuses you? His reactions to his bandwagon made me feel he was more likely to be town than before the bandwagon. Meanwhile, as the Almaster bandwagon evolved, CooLDoG caught my eye increasingly more.

What's more, an added bonus to trying to run up a bandwagon on Almaster was that I viewed him an easy target, someone who (if town) scum were very likely to try and guide a mislynch towards. In the event that I got a town read on Almaster, I was curious as to who would jump on that bandwagon earliest. (p.s. - It was you.)
Hoopla wrote:Mmm valid point, I can understand why this looks odd, but my town read isn't as strong as before now due to Looker's town flip. You'll remember some of reasoning was based believing both scum didn't bus.
I suppose it's easy to abandon a position when you refused to give reasoning for it in the first place.

Actually, if Messiah is town (granted, I do not think he is), your insistence on the idea that scum did not bus day 1 would be very helpful to hypo-scum Hoopla.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”