Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Plum wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:Narnia will be hard to balance against massclaim, I'd think; only a few individuals are really of 'grey' alignment, everybody else is saint or devil.
Isn't that what the old trick of leaving out some good guys and giving the scum fakeclaims is for? I'm not that familiar with Narnia, but still . . .
Yeah, it is. I just personally dislike "Theme" games where role alignments are completely divorced from their canonical alignment. It tends to punish knowledge of the theme, rather than reward it.
Retired as of October 2014.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Faraday »

zoraster wrote:has there been a game of thrones/song of ice and fire themed game?
I asked a while ago, apparently not. I was thinking of doing it for my mini theme game. I have a set-up created, but was waiting to get it reviewed till after my mini normal. It's just based on the first book though.

Wouldn't mind doing a large theme based on the 4 books in the future, if you were interested in doing something together, idk.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:39 am

Post by JDodge »

Looking for co/backup mod for new secret mini theme project codenamed "Experiment #3". PM or IM me if interested, prefer someone who has AIM.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:03 am

Post by zoraster »

Faraday wrote:
zoraster wrote:has there been a game of thrones/song of ice and fire themed game?
I asked a while ago, apparently not. I was thinking of doing it for my mini theme game. I have a set-up created, but was waiting to get it reviewed till after my mini normal. It's just based on the first book though.

Wouldn't mind doing a large theme based on the 4 books in the future, if you were interested in doing something together, idk.
I'd be willing to do that. I have a Large Theme (Parallel Universe Mafia) I'm planning to run after my Large Normal finishes and I get my Mini-Theme up and running, but I'd be more than happy to back-up or co-mod a large theme with Song of Ice and Fire or even Game of Thrones (sets up easy sequels if you/we can come up with a compelling game that people have a lot of fun playing). I think due to the scope and number of characters it really cries out for a large game. The question is whether there's enough interest in the books to justify it.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Faraday »

zoraster wrote:
Faraday wrote:

I'd be willing to do that. I have a Large Theme (Parallel Universe Mafia) I'm planning to run after my Large Normal finishes and I get my Mini-Theme up and running, but I'd be more than happy to back-up or co-mod a large theme with Song of Ice and Fire or even Game of Thrones (sets up easy sequels if you/we can come up with a compelling game that people have a lot of fun playing). I think due to the scope and number of characters it really cries out for a large game. The question is whether there's enough interest in the books to justify it.
Heh, yeh. Well I think there'd definitely be enough interest for one game.
Based on the whole series. Maybe more, depending on how it goes. I mean I don't know how many people have read the books on here, but I'd imagine there'd be a few at least. Plus it might make people who haven't read them , want to.

2 WOT games have been ran, so there's no reason it wouldn't work.
Plus the books are actually good, it's not like it's a Sword of Truth game we're talking about (Goodkind gives me shivers!)

I'll probably pm you after my mini normal is done, if you're still interested.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by zoraster »

Okay. I've refined Parallel Universe Mafia a little more.

30 players overall. 15 per game. 2 games going simultaneously.

Game 1:
1-shot Mafia A Teleporter
Mafia A Goon
Mafia A Goon

Town 1 Teleporter
Vanilla x 11

Game 2:
1-shot Mafia B Teleporter
Mafia B Goon
Mafia B Goon

Town 2 Teleporter
Vanilla x 11

Town Teleporter role: Each night may either
teleport
a player a player away from the game or
pull
a player from the other game into their own. In the first three nights, they must teleport twice and pull once in any order. In the next three days they must teleport twice and pull once, etc. They may not teleport themselves.

A teleported or pulled player may not be teleported or pulled again the next night.

When a town teleporter is killed, lynched, pulled or teleported, they lose their power and become a vanilla townie and a remaining townie (picked at random) is made the new teleporter (perma backups, in other words... the town will always have this role around). The new teleporter is held to the same restrictions as the old (e.g. if it's n3 and the previous teleporter pulled once and teleported once, the new teleporter MUST teleport)

Mafia Teleporter role: They may teleport a player away at night OR day, but they may only do this once during the game. They may not teleport themselves.

Each mafia may shoot once per night. They may shoot with any player that is still alive, regardless of which game they are in.

Win conditions:
Any town member in the FIRST game that wins, automatically wins and cannot be pulled or teleported into the other game. A game is won by town when all mafia forces are eliminated (by lynch or teleport) in that game.
Town members in the second game win only when they eliminate all remaining mafia.
For town: the game you die in is the game you win or lose in.
Mafia A and B win whenever they win a game in EITHER game. They can go for the amazing DOUBLE WIN if their faction somehow manages to win both games. They win when there are no longer any other forces in the game other than their Mafia team and not before (even when normally they would be autowin... they could be pulled/teleported). Mafia teams are opposed to each other, and a Mafia A player always wins whether they are in that game or another.

Thoughts? I think this setup works better than the one I discussed before. It won't be quite as crazy during the day with people going from game to game in rapid fashion, but I think ultimately that will make the game a lot more fun and make it a lot more mafia-esque with scum hunting and all.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:08 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Is anyone interested in a Chuck themed game at some point in time?

If you're familiar with the show, I was thinking one of the main roles obviously being 'Chuck.' However, his role is more of an information role. After each night kill/lynch, he will receive a list of the dead players actions, night or day actions. Obviously if it is a vanilla townie, he doesn't get anything of substance at all. But if he catches lets say a scum role blocker at the lynch of day 3, he sees that the role blocker (might not necessarily get the scum's role title) targeted Players B and E.

so he might get something like this:
XXX, Fulcrum
Works for Fulcrum...
He stopped agents Captain Awesome during the first night, and Morgan Grimes during the second. His actions were fulfilled. Where as his team killed players John Casey and Sarah Walkerrespectively.

Where as a town role that flipped might be:

Sarah Walker, CIA
Sarah has been an agent for the CIA for years. She protects you whenever she can, she doesn't let harm come to you or whoever she targets. (similar to a jailkeeper perhaps). She targeted you for the you for the first night.

And I wonder if it would work for three players to be masons i guess. because in the series, Chuck is protected by Casey and Walker... Wonder if it would work for them to have daytalk in a QT.

Definitely needs refined.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:36 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Thinking of doing a
Valkyria Chronicles
themed game for my upcoming Mini Theme game. Would anyone be interested? Seeing as it is my first theme game, I probably won't make it too fancy. It definitely won't be "bastardized" or anything like that.

I only have one unique mechanic I want to bring to the game, but I am still hammering out the details. If there are one or two people who have played the video game before, or at the very least know how the battle system works, and are probably not going to want to join a theme game any time soon, PM me and for some setup/mechanic reviewing.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:15 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Has there been any floating of a
Scott Pilgrim Mafia
based on the graphic novels\forthcoming film?
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Would anyone be interested in/supportive of an Animorph mafia? I have some set-up ideas that I'm kicking around in my head, and this will probably be the first game I run when I am mod-eligible.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by diddin »

Nicodemus wrote:Would anyone be interested in/supportive of an Animorph mafia? I have some set-up ideas that I'm kicking around in my head, and this will probably be the first game I run when I am mod-eligible.
Ohai Nico. I was a big fan of Animorphs in my younger days, and I would definitely be interested, that series has some big nostalgia value for me.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

diddin wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:Would anyone be interested in/supportive of an Animorph mafia? I have some set-up ideas that I'm kicking around in my head, and this will probably be the first game I run when I am mod-eligible.
Ohai Nico. I was a big fan of Animorphs in my younger days, and I would definitely be interested, that series has some big nostalgia value for me.
It goes without saying I'm interested to.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'd be so /in for chuck
green shirt thursdays
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by nhammen »

same!
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:44 am

Post by skitzer »

animorpherv1 wrote:
diddin wrote:
I like animorphs, but I'll need reminding.

Did you know that most of the books were ghostwrote?
Clank
Clank
Townie
Clank
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Clank »

skitzer wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:
diddin wrote:
I like animorphs, but I'll need reminding.

Never heard of the word ghostwrote, so no. ~ 'tis ani.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Nicodemus »

skitzer wrote:I like animorphs, but I'll need reminding.

I do know this, and I was quite crushed when I found out. Most of my favorites from the series (#20-22, #25, Megamorphs 3 & 4, Ellimist Chronicles) were written by Applegate though, so I wasn't completely disenchanted.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:31 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Has a Dark Knight themed mafia game been run?
green shirt thursdays
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Might have too call off KITH mafia. Life is getting in the way and a bunch of the roles I was going to use just got removed from the internets :(
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

shaft.ed wrote:...and a bunch of the roles I was going to use just got removed from the internets :(
Huh?
Retired as of October 2014.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Mr. Flay wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:...and a bunch of the roles I was going to use just got removed from the internets :(
Huh?
youtube terms of service violations and no luck finding picture representations.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:44 am

Post by The Fonz »

In the noble footsteps of lynch all lurkers:

Monsters of Policy Lynching Mafia

Every player is a one-shot vig, with a kill which can only be used on another player who has committed the requisite cardinal sin of mafia.

Anyone interested?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'm thinking of doing a large theme Sweeney Todd or V for Vendetta game, and then whichever I don't do as a large, I'd run as a mini.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:17 am

Post by Faraday »

The Fonz wrote:In the noble footsteps of lynch all lurkers:

Monsters of Policy Lynching Mafia

Every player is a one-shot vig, with a kill which can only be used on another player who has committed the requisite cardinal sin of mafia.

Anyone interested?
That sounds really interesting. Daykill would be better, more..immediate, but it sounds fun at least. :)
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Edit Mafia: Regular mafia rules, roles. But the thread is in Mish-mash, allowing people to edit their posts, this is counter balanced by the fact that if a post is editied it will say that it was and when at the bottom.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

Return to “Mafia Discussion”