Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

also saberwolf I said I was going to hold you to discussing my stuff on DoS, tis time!
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Cobalt wrote:w/e
@saberwolf
hatersgonnahate.gif
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by Slicey »

foilist13 has requested replacement.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Sir Chris wrote:also saberwolf I said I was going to hold you to discussing my stuff on DoS, tis time!
Ok, will do!

one sec...
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Kdub »

Vaya wrote:Let me ask you something though. If you think he's lying about millering himself and was doing something bad, why do you think he would admit he was the cause of it? This is one of the big reasons I'm inclined to believe him, if not given a good reason to be skeptical of it. In fact, also explain why you don't at all trust his claim, when you clearly have an understanding how it could be possible for him to be telling the truth.
I know this was not directed at me, but since I want answers from DisCode as well, I can chime in. If he is scum, then the obvious reason he would claim miller is to avoid being investigated. Maybe his ability actually did something different and he lied about turning himself into a miller, but the motivation for the miller claim is still there. If he is town, then I see no good reason why he would decide to turn himself into a miller and announce it just for the sake of information, which is basically what he claimed his motivation was.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Vaya »

Yes, I understand why scum would fake-claim miller, that's not really my point. I would think that if he were scum wanting to claim miller, he would just claim miller. It seems a bit odd for him to tie in this unrelated event to his miller fake-claim like this. I more get the impression from this that he's simply telling the truth.

OK, the question of why he would turn himself into a miller is a point, but we can wait to here an explanation on that before coming to the conclusion he must be scum. He could actually be town and have an reason for it.

If my position here isn't clear by the way, I do want DisCode to full claim, mainly because the above is a valid point. I am thinking that he's town though.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by saberwolf »

ok, so chris, I looked over it, and I have come to the following conclusion:

You are both town.

You seem like the disgruntled townie. Scum would make a better case than you presented. As scum, DoS would be more likely to remain active to prove a point to continue to make you look bad.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Cobalt »

That doesn't make sense, saber. He's town because he's pushing a bad case? What?
hatersgonnahate.gif
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Cobalt wrote:That doesn't make sense, saber. He's town because he's pushing a bad case? What?
Pretty much. Scum would put more effort into their targets.
Show

Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Cobalt »

That doesn't follow. I think town is more motivated to push strong cases, actually- scum needs to be able to back off if they attract heat or repudiate their attack if their target flips town.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by Plum »

Vaya: Have you considered that if DosCode is fakeclaiming scum that the event might not be as disconnected as you postulate (i.e. he or a scumbuddy was responsible for/connected to it) and that he tied his Miller claim to the mod scene to net believability points?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by DTMaster »

I need to reread in a little bit but I want to remind everyone

Discode hasn't actually claimed yet

Anyone who is using this angle still is officially scummy because they are overworking Gorrad's Riku speculation that he jumped when Vaya hinted there was a character that fits the flavour as a pro-town person. Also anyone using this angle and knows Discode hasn't claimed yet is doubly scummy.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Wait, are you saying I had a bad case?

What was wrong with it? While I don't like being voted, it wasn't the driving reason behind my logic.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by Vaya »

Plum wrote:Vaya: Have you considered that if DosCode is fakeclaiming scum that the event might not be as disconnected as you postulate (i.e. he or a scumbuddy was responsible for/connected to it) and that he tied his Miller claim to the mod scene to net believability points?
When I say the scene would be unrelated, I mean unrelated to his being a miller. I'm pretty sure the scene has something to do with him one way or another.

It is possible he's making up the miller claim, and is using the mod scene to add believability to his claim, but that doesn't feel too likely to me for some reason.

Really, I don't see any strong reason to believe DisCode's scum or disbelieve his miller claim right now. I do want to hear him fullclaim, but I'm thinking he's town right now.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Sir Chris wrote:Wait, are you saying I had a bad case?

What was wrong with it? While I don't like being voted, it wasn't the driving reason behind my logic.
I am saying it's a bad case. You're accusing him of being hypocritical, and trying to turn it into a scumtell. I personally don't think it's enough to convict him.
Show

Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Uh, why not? He has posted four, five times now, and it has been hypocritical, off topic, and then wagoning to the same logic and little more.

I'd say that's a great case for scum.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Sir Chris wrote:Uh, why not? He has posted four, five times now, and it has been hypocritical, off topic, and then wagoning to the same logic and little more.

I'd say that's a great case for scum.
we agree to disagree. I don't think it's enough yet.

I could be wrong though, I'm trying to do this and study for a marketing exam at the same time, which is making me even more lazy and quick with my posts than usual.
Show

raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by raider8169 »

There are way too many people right now to keep track of everyone so this is my noteable things from the first 5 pages. Will work on more tomorrow.

Page one: Nothing I care about.
Page two: Flavor text means nothing this early in the game. Something to think about as roles start to be revealed however I wouldn’t think the game would be fair if it really meant something.
Page three: I don’t think DisCode was rolefishing. RayFrost voting cobalt and saying he has reasons without posting his reasons is scummy to me. I read the thread and couldn’t figure it out.
Page four: MafiaSSK points out we should be scum hunting however I didn’t see him doing any. I just hate it when people say that, seems to happen every game I am in. Cobalt said what should have been common knowledge in post 88. I dislike the vote against him for it if it was for other reasons then its not a bad thing but that is what stuck out to me. I like post 94 but I still disagree with part. Talking about possible roles and how things could be related isn’t a bad thing unless he is talking about a specific person and specific role which I didn’t see.
Page five: The mod scene was connected to DisCode. Not sure what that means right now.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

OK, well what is more scummy than barely showing up, when pressed by a previously inactive player switching to another, inactive player, and then acting slinking back to the shadows.

I sincerely wish to know sort of pointing a sign that says "I am scum", how you can be more scummy than that, also I guess disregarding meta on you too.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

ace5993 wrote:I'm not as familiar with zwet's playstyle as you guys are so I'll wait for a proper long post from him before making an opinion.
LOL. Don't hold your breath.
green shirt thursdays
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Ah but Chris when my main point for attacking you was that you had posted very little with no content. I at least have let my thoughts be known, and its not hypocritical because of this. The reason I left your case is because you have changed the way you are playing now with the reasoning that you have some free time today. Which is supported by the fact that you have been interacting as opposed to saying nothing.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Plum wrote:Vaya: Have you considered that if DosCode is fakeclaiming scum that the event might not be as disconnected as you postulate (i.e. he or a scumbuddy was responsible for/connected to it) and that he tied his Miller claim to the mod scene to net believability points?
I started drowning in the deep end of the WIFOM pool right about here.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by Plum »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
My point was that Vaya was taking a dip in said pool and advised him about the dangers lurking therein.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by RayFrost »

What I find fun is how DisCode has completely vanished from posting.
don't you feel silly now?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Plum wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:
My point was that Vaya was taking a dip in said pool and advised him about the dangers lurking therein.
Point taken.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”