890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:35 am

Post by semioldguy »

semioldguy Post 170 wrote:Don't dangle information in front of the town in the fashion of "I know something the rest of you don't know, but I'm not going to tell you yet." Doing so is scummy at worst and distracting at best.
mipe Post 173 wrote:There are roles in the play that aren't on the first post.
Did you ignore that bit on purpose? Why do you think it a good idea to do this? I have no reason to believe you are telling the truth.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Magua »

semioldguy is back and posting things. I feel so much better about him now.

(^^^ buddying)

Anyways:

mipe: I don't mind his voting the mod (WTF as it is). I don't mind his questions to the mod; he could've easily PMed them. His explanation of coming from a heavy-bastard environment makes sense to me. My problem remains one of his not making posts that contain content or stances. Votes seacore, but gives no reason for doing so (post 150, "Anyways, I have thought it, and I will incant the person who at this moment I think is most likely to be scum.")

I have no faith that there are roles given that aren't in the first post.

Datadanne: Voting mipe because he voted the mod is dumb. I would pretty much reiterate SerialClergyman in post #154 here if it wasn't posted already.

snow_bunny: Is fitting in just above Datadanne, IMO. One useful post is better than zero useful posts, but not by much.

Deathsauce: Town-read is falling, slightly, over the voting of mipe in iso post 7. There are plenty of reasons to vote mipe; that he voted for the mod or asked questions publically have to be the worst of them.

Chaco: Curious to see the vote. Don't like the buddying explanation given in iso post 12, especially when added in with the "it's a tarp" explanation.

I currently approve of: semioldguy, serialclergyman
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Chaco »

Sorry Im kind of AWOL right now...I'll try to get back soon...
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Percy »

Another point flares, dazzling those in attendance. The end draws just a little bit closer for one of you.

Incantation Count

mipe - 6 (Magua, DeathSauce, Snow_Bunny, SerialClergyman, Datadanne, semioldguy)

Seacore - 3 (DisCode, startransmission, mipe)
Snow_Bunny - 1 (Faraday)
DisCode - 1 (Seacore)

Not Incanting - 1 (Chaco)

The Ritual will take only 9 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Saturday the 5th of December (site time).

mipe wrote:
@MOD:
Percy wrote:Some players have additional skills:
Am I reading this correctly? Does this mean that it's possible that some lucky guy could be both Guardian AND Dreamwalker?
There is nothing in the ruleset that prevents this combination of skills from being given to a single player.

10 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

SerialClergyman wrote:
But either way, AFAIK Deathsauce is attacking other people for having double standards by attacking you and not me, rather than actually attacking me for buddying.
No, I am pointing out the hypocrisy of those (such as mipe, for one) that have specifically stated they are voting Seacore for "buddying", but have not brought up any of the other examples of buddying that might be found if they were to actually read the thread.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

EBWOP: oops, that's is pretty much what you said.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Chaco »

Incant: Mipe

The way he's acting, he needs to be incanted.

Sorry, I'll give more explanation later. but I really gotta go right now.

Percy: I'm gonna be gone a few days, could be more than that. Not sure. Sorry.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Magua »

Wow.

Just. Wow.

I seriously think you would've been less scummy if you just hadn't posted.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by semioldguy »

@Chaco
I don't think you could be much more hypocritical.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

So, I was a bit bored, so I decided to make some analysis here (starting since post 180. Newer posts won't be analysed).

Chaco-First posts he just agrees with everyone. Not much input on his own. Scummy++
-In ISO 4 he is open to the idea of a No Lynch, even suggests that we may need it. Unless in extreme rare events, NL is never good for town. Scummy++
-In ISO 6 tries now to escape from the pressure formed from the NL idea. I didn't like how he simply says that he never wanted one, just speculating.
-In ISO 7 he points that multilynching should be with absolute consensus. This can be read as good, but it can also be read as a way to escape from suspicious from a mislynch. Noted.
-In ISO 8 he parries off Seacore's buddying accusations by discrediting the tactic. The actual tactic is full of wifom, but the way he just try to get out of it is not good. Noted.
-He then says that he
allowed
the buddying to get more info about his alignment. First of all, I'm curious, how would you have done this? Second, I'm not much buying this. Just gut.
-In ISO 12, by your very own logic, you can as well be buddying Seacore to create such bonds that will make him look more guilty in case you flip scum. As you say, all talk about that is just a bunch of wifom.
-In ISO 13, you say that town has little to no reason to buddying. By your very own logic, then, why are you buddying if you are town? This makes me think you are actually scum trying to set up bonds, as you say you do. Scummy++.
-ISO 16 & 17 looks townish to me. Town++

Conclusion: 3 Scummy++; 1 Town++ -> Scummy.

Datadanne-Four first posts are useless. The thing with him reading only one link is a null-tell to me. The uselessness is not, however. Scummy++
-ISO 4 is a post, again, without contain. A reasonless vote, some rudeness, and the promise of posting more (yeah right). Scummy++
-General lurking and not commitment to the game. Scummy++.

Conclusion: 3 Scummy++ -> Scummy/Antitown. Five posts, useless most of them, are not enough to warrant a scummy read. So, I'm leaning towards Anti-town. He must still be lynched soon, as he's a liability to town, but I won't surprise if he flips up town.

DeathSauce-ISO 1 is an agressive post against Faraday for the motives behind a vote (if it was random or not). I don't like this, really. A vote so early in the game doesn't necessarily have to be random, and he overreacting over this seems odd. Noted.
-In ISO 2 gets a reaction, though he mentions no analysis over it.
-ISO 3 holds a vote with some reasons. Probably not the best reasons, but reasons in the end.
-Keeps arguing about the not-so-random vote. I still think this is, at best, a null-tell.
-Another vote in ISO 7 with weak reasons.
-ISO 8 holds more aggressive reaction from him. Too much aggressiveness just looks odd. I can even think of someone trying to distance himself from his buddies. Scummy++
-ISO 9 says that he gained insight from the game thanks to Seacore. And that make him townish in his eyes. I do not like this, actually. Explaining the mechanics and discussing the setup =/= townish in any mean.
-He brings an interesting point in ISO 11. Though, it can be seen as a way to relieve pressure on Seacore. Paired this with ISO 9 and we have something odd... Noted.

Conclusion: Scummy++ -> Not too much content here. Half of his posts are a fight against Faraday's vote, which I find a total waste. Also, I'm seeing a strange connection between him and Seacore.

DisCode-Throws a random vote. I don't think it's a good idea, but it's not either a scumtell per se.
-No supports NL. Town++
-I like ISO 3. Seems townish to me. Town++
-I also like ISO 5. Town++
-The same feeling from his other posts. Town++

Conclusion: +3 Town++ -> Town. A very strong town reading coming from him. Good reasons, good attacks, good questions.

Faraday-Reasonless vote just at the start. (Though he later admits it wasn't so reasonless. Still, he could have pointed that out the first time)
-I kinda like ISO 2. Not big town-tell, but I like it. Town++
-ISO 4 states he sees problems with the NL, but he doesn't mention them. Not good. If he sees a problem with a strategy it can end up hurting town, the best thing would be to say those problems. Scummy++
-Neutral feeling on ISO 8 & 11. I don't like reasonless vote, but I can see his point.
-Interesting enough, his posts lack quality after ISO 11. Some of them focus on the discussion with DS about the randomness of his first vote.
-ISO 25 returns to quality, though it's nothing to write home about.
-I like ISO 29. Even the points against me I'll concede. Town++

Conclusion-> 2 Town++, 1 Scummy++ -> Townish. There are things I don't like, like the lack of content in his middle posts, but in general, I'm getting a town vibe from him.

Well, after devoting one hour or more to this, I think I call it a night (for this game... -_-U). Tomorrow I'll post more about the rest of players.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by semioldguy »

I usually dislike ISO reads, though think Snow_Bunny found a few good points.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

I don't have much time, I'm at work, but I wanted ot post about the mipe wagon.

If we were playign normal rules, mipe would be lynched by now. That's a little worrying, especially given he hasn't done much that would actually benefit scum, mostly just WTF moments. And given English is not his first language so some of his odder comments might be poor translations or similar, he's not as scummy as this wagon suggests he should be.

There is a lot of scum on the wagon, I'm sure.
I'm old now.
DisCode
DisCode
Goon
DisCode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:03 am

Post by DisCode »

Prod avoidance. No time today, but should be back to posting starting tomorrow.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Ok, let's keep it up with my short analysis in ISO.

Magua
-ISO 0 seems like a townish post. Town++
-ISO 1 is another good post. However, I don't like the vote on mipe. A weak meta deciding the vote, I don't like. It can be seen as trying to pass the pressure from Data to mipe.
-ISO 3 is another worthy vote. Though, I'd like to know what he approves of SOG and SC. Town++

Conclusion: 2 Town++ -> Very few posts, but most of them good. Town feeling.

mipe
-ISO 2 starts the thing with the link in the sample role pms. A true waste, and as I said before, a null-tell at best.
-ISO 3 is without reasons or bases stated. Scummy++
-ISO 4 says reasons of the suspicious on Seacore and Faraday (though Faraday's are not real reasons but gut); he says nothing on Data, meaning that the "small thing" he pointed out in ISO 2 is now worthy. Also, the questions to the mod are rather odd. Scummy++
-ISO 5 holds a vote to the mod. A waste, if you ask me.
-I'm reading something on ISO 6. Seems like mipe is more focused on the size of the cults than in hunting them. Really scummy, and even the comment about "I wouldn't be suprised if there would be only 1 cult, or something like, 1 cult has 4 members and other has 1 member" makes me think he *may* be cultist, and he's the only member of that cult. If you pair up this with the question to the mod about if the town is informed when a cult disappears, it seems as if someone is worried town figures out his cult has gone when he dies. Scummy++
-In ISO 7 he incants Seacore, saying he's his top suspect. He gives no reason why he's his top suspect, though. Too opportunistic, if you ask me. In ISO 3 Data is his top suspect, now is Seacore. Scummy++
-ISO 8 doesn't give me a good vibe. He says his main suspects were Data, for lurking (though this is the first time he brings this point out); Seacore (for the reasons stated in ISO 4); and Faraday (because he makes him feel funny... ¬_¬ No, joke aside, because his getting a gut scum read on him). He then quickly disregards Faraday saying that he thinks Faraday plays like that. Hmm... Could it be scum partners? If either of them flips scum, I'll be looking towards this. Any roads, he now confuses me with his line of thoughts. Data is a lurkerscum, but there's not enough info, and he should be lynched today or tomorrow, and because of that Sea becomes his top suspect? Kind of lost there. Well, he keeps arguing about the number of the cultist for the rest of the post. In the end, I'm getting a bad feeling from this post. Scummy++
-ISO 9 is a big appeal to emotion, paired with a safecard of holding information for town. Noted.
-ISO 10 makes me think mipe is a role not stated in the sample pms. But, I won't go deeper in this as it'd be rolefishing. But this is noted.

Conclusion: 5 Scummy++ -> Really scummy. Mipe has focused on discussing the number of cultist instead of scumhunting. His reasons for his suspects (and the reasons why he disregards them as well) are not good enough.

Seacore
-ISO 1 starts out good. Town feeling from the first paragraphs. However, the commentary about the pro-town tells is not good, imo. Also, I find something else funny in that post. The question to the mod. The "Can you confirm that four are three cultists in each cult?". Why would he type "three" there? Seems like someone slipped here. Well, Seacore could have been thinking in his team only having three cultist but the role pm showing four, and he just slipped about it. This post has mixed feelings, and thus will remain just noted for now.
-ISO 3 is a post I don't like. The certainty he uses when talking about the scum actions and the way he disregards power roles are just not right. Scummy++
-ISO 5 keeps with the same tone of disregarding town-tells. Town-tells are the few tools town have to secure themselves. Be it two or three or even more scum teams, they are all scum in the end. A town-tell is just not scumhunting, is proving that you have the interest of town in your mind. Scum doesn't have that. Scummy++. Also, Seacore, FYI, chances are that on day 3 we won't have 12 votes on play.
-In ISO 9 he supports the multilynch idea. Good, except for one thing: he suggests it should be done daily ("unless one person really stands out as guiltier than others.") I don't like this. I support the idea of multilynch, but only if its worthy. Only if we have two top suspects, each one of them really scummy. I don't think lynching two persons per day will help town. It is true that lynch is the town only way of getting rid of scum, but we also need information to do this. More lynches on a day = less information for town. I really don't like this post. I read it as Seacore's using townies to find the other cultists. Scummy++
-ISO 10 contradicts himself. In ISO 9 he says "Even three is not a terrible idea as long as each of them has a reasonable scumminess about them." about multilynching. In ISO 10 he says "Agreed. 3 is very risky and should only be used when people have been confirmed/ultra suspicious (i.e. they last minute voted the day before)." And to sum to that, he buddies with Chaco. Scummy++
-ISO 11 has somewhat townie feelings. Town++
-ISO 14 tries to agree with me regarding the multilynching, and thus, changing his previous stance. It seems he tries to agree with many players. Not trying to raise suspicious? Noted
-I don't like the start of ISO 15. He says that it would be easy to get information from low-votes lynches. In the same way, it would be easier for scum to control such lynches (and this does not necessarily gives them off. If this would be the case, there wouldn't be games with 7 players... ¬_¬)
-In ISO 17 he asks for help about the buddying thing. I don't like this. He also tries a slight appeal to emotion with "I'm being bandwagoned just because I've stated my ideas." The vote on DisCode is meh.
-ISO 18: why do you think that sharing your point of view makes the other player trusthworthy? It seems as if you aren't finding Chaco suspicious because he shares your ideas.
-ISO 19 is a big post defending himself. Some good things, some wifom here and there. In the end, just a big defence, and more reasons to vote DisCode. Though I don't like how he assumes all of his attackers are scummy.
-I don't like, again, in ISO 21, the certainty he uses for the scum interests. Just too much certain of himself. Scummy++
-ISO 23 a small read on everyone. Again focuses more on his attackers, and it can be seen as omgus. This thoughts will be noted when you flip.
-His assumption of the scum setup is no good in ISO 26. He says he assume that because it's the worst case scenario (but really, it isn't.) Scummy++
-He tries yet once more to discredit the buddying in ISO 31. Noted.

Conclusion: 6 Scummy++; 1 Town++ -> Scummy. Seacore's trying to be transparent, and that's good, but I'm seeing too much agreement with other players, and the certainty of the scum talk is just strange. Really strange.

Ok, thanks to Seacore's long posts, I think I'm done for now. Have other games to read too. -_-U

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Magua »

SerialClergyman wrote:I don't have much time, I'm at work, but I wanted ot post about the mipe wagon.

If we were playign normal rules, mipe would be lynched by now. That's a little worrying, especially given he hasn't done much that would actually benefit scum, mostly just WTF moments.
Why mention this? We're *not* playing by normal rules, so how the game would progress under those rules is irrelevant. mipe is currently at L-3, L-2 come Saturday night.
And given English is not his first language so some of his odder comments might be poor translations or similar, he's not as scummy as this wagon suggests he should be.
As I said, at least, I don't care about his vote on the mod, or his questions to the mod, but concentrate more on his lack of scumhunting, and then his oppurtunistic vote on Seacore without any real explanation.
There is a lot of scum on the wagon, I'm sure.
As 7/12 are on this wagon, I am almost certain there are scum on it. I'm also almost certain there are scum off of it in the other 5/12.

But I'm curious about your usage of "a lot". How many scum do you believe constitutes "a lot"?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by Seacore »

Just a short answer to some of Snow Bunny's points against me.
I'm actually being persuaded by other people's points in some cases. That's not just me agreeing, that's me entering into the discussion and finding out I didn't have the best idea, such as Semi's post with the numbers on posting and why random posts didn't actually hurt us. It was numbers I should have done myself, but I hadn't and when I saw them I was persuaded.

Maybe it's because I'm new at games on this site, but can somebody please give me a list of "town-tells" that are not "scum hunting signs".
Specificalyl snow-bunny, often when you give somebody town points you simply say "this seems townish", can you please explain why you "like" those posts.

Also, I don't think we could get a worse case scenario than 3 scum to a team with a power role on each team? Does anybody have a worse likely scenario (considering I was slammed pretty hard for my 4 to a team comment)

I think it's far more likely, that we have two to each team, with one power role on one and one on the other. But that's just a guess. I think they are likely even teams.

Here's a good question actually: Who do you think are NOT on the same team. Either one scum, one town, or two different scum. (You don't need to guess which)
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Seacore »

For example, I don't think Faraday and Deathsauce are on the same team. For a little while I thought it could have been a well designed act, picking on each other for something that they could later claim was misunderstood, but it went on too long and there seemed to be some genuine miscommunication.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Faraday »

Should be back in full swing for the next few days, although my exams do start

Incant Chaco
, 181 is horribly scummy.

Snow: Do you think data is town or scum atm? Asking for clarity as I'm not 100% sure from your post.

I'd like for you to explain the scum++ point against me, and why it's scummy. I really don't understand why you're calling that scummy.

I still want Mipe to explain wtf he's doing. If he has information he should share it as far as I'm concerned, it'd certainly make his actions slightly more reasonable. At the moment all this set-up questions at the expense of scum-hunting is scummy.

Also note everyone is now incant, and remember you can't unincant at all, so bear this in mind.

SC your 186 is rather weak. If we were playing by normal rules it obviously wouldn't have happened. I see what you mean, but I don't understand why it's worrying, we're not playing by normal mechanics so it will obviously affect our behaviour.

I'll second Magua's questions as to what you mean by 'a lot' too. I'd imagine there are scum both on and off the wagon, but I can certaintly see why people would want to Incant Mipe.

Data still needs to post content, I'm not intending to let him skate by a whole day with absolutely nothing.
Here's a good question actually: Who do you think are NOT on the same team. Either one scum, one town, or two different scum. (You don't need to guess which)
There's no one I'd be happy to eliminate from being scum-buddies at the moment actually. I'm also not sure how helpful this question is, it's not really scummy but eh, I don't see the point of it.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Faraday »

In fact I'd like data's thoughts on each player in the game so far, please.

Just a sentence or 2 on what you think of them.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Sure, noone would have hammered, but we have a wagon which has a majority of people on it in what, a week? 7 out of 12 people all vote him? I don't like it. It looks to me like the easy wagon. And he's not alone in his lack of scum hunting. It doesn't feel right.

'a lot' means both scum teams. As you guys point out, I couldbe getting thrown by the mechanics, but such a huge wagon so quickly looks to me like most scum are hiding out in it. Plus he has all the standard lynchbait characteristics - won't defend himself properly, posts weirdly etc.

I think the more people on the wagon, the more mipe is likely to flip town and the harder it will be to work out who the scum on the wagon are.

To that end
unincant mipe, incant data.
I'm old now.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Seacore »

Data, I think, is a good example of being part of a multilynch. As snow has pointed out, while he's far from definitely scummy, he's definitely antitown.

What do people think about Data being one half of a controlled multilynch, with the other member being chosen by our votes in the coming days.

Are people:
1) For it;
2) Fine if it happens naturally, but against controlled multlynching;
3) Against it in this instance;
4) Against all multilynching;
5) Against all multilynching and think I'm scummy for bringing it up?

For me, I'm for it, in a controlled way. On the assumption that he isn't any more helpful than this (and a glance at some of his other games suggests he won't be), and on the same assumption that he won't post anything more incriminating (in which case maybe he's just the only lynch), then I'm for determining who is going to be our lynch for the day with our regular current voting methods, and then as the deadline approaches, we organise some people to vote for data and bring it to a draw.

I believe this has the following advantages:
It allows us to still have a normal mafia style say in who gets lynched
It provides bait for scum to come in and hammer one, thus saving the other
At the very least, it removes an anti-town player without costing us our regular lynch.

Thoughts?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Faraday »

I love that idea.

It has all the advantages of a policy lynch but we don't waste a lynch soley on him.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:29 pm

Yes. I like having one attempted scumlynch and one policy lynch.
I'm old now.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

I'll keep up with my analysis. Hope this is the last one...

Btw, I'll answer all of your questions and comments later, after I finish this.

semioldguy-In ISO 1 there are several points I don't agree, however, they look sincere enough (like not voting = fence sitting and having to back up suspicious with votes). There are some other points I dig (specially those referring Seacore). I like this post, unlike other I-will-catch-up posts this actually is good. Town++
-Mentions worse players than mipe, yet he doesn't say who.
-ISO 4 is another good posts. It actually makes the non-voting issues a nonsense, and I admit I was wrong about it (though in future days where there are less incantations, things change). Town++
-Following posts are just plain normal. Nothing to point up.
-I'm seeing the incantation in ISO 10 more like a pressure vote than anything else. However, this can be seen as a good opportunity to hop in the mipe's wagon. Noted.

Conclusion: 2 Town++ -> Town vibe. Though we don't agree in many points, SOG seems sincere enough with his posts.

SerialClergyman-I don't like ISO 2. Seems like someone doesn't want to scumhunt and is just going for the easy way (which, incidentally, I don't think is such a safe way for town to go). Scummy++
-ISO 3 & 4 are good posts. They bring up the problems in Seacore's play, well explained and backed. Town++
-ISO 8 has a weak vote, imo. I don't get at all that scumtell he talks about.
-I don't like ISO 13. Trying to discredit mipe's wagon. It's true that it can be seen as an easy lynch due to his playstyle, but for the same matter his scummy points can't just be forgotten like that. Noted.

Conclusion: 1 Scummy++; 1 Town++ -> Neutral. I'm getting a neutral reading on SC. Some things are good, other look scummy. Neutral for now.

startransmission-ISO 2: I don't like how he comes out and say the best strategy for scum, and seeing how he bases on this to suspect Seacore, I'm not liking that at all. The rest of the post is some opinions on the game. Neutral on this post, but noted the vote.
-Again, in ISO 3, I don't like him saying what's imperative for scum. Too much certainty when there should be none about that in a townie. I also don't like him answering Seacore's request of help about buddying. The rest of the post seems legit enough, so another neutral read.

Conclusion: Neutral read. Not too much to comment here. Few posts, at least the majority of them with content. The only scum vibes I'm getting from him are the certainty of the scum strategies. He also brought up some good points. So, for now, I'm leaving it as neutral.

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Seacore wrote: I'm actually being persuaded by other people's points in some cases. That's not just me agreeing, that's me entering into the discussion and finding out I didn't have the best idea, such as Semi's post with the numbers on posting and why random posts didn't actually hurt us. It was numbers I should have done myself, but I hadn't and when I saw them I was persuaded.
This doesn't change the fact that you have been a lot agreeing with others.
Maybe it's because I'm new at games on this site, but can somebody please give me a list of "town-tells" that are not "scum hunting signs".
Specificalyl snow-bunny, often when you give somebody town points you simply say "this seems townish", can you please explain why you "like" those posts.
Town-tells that are not scum-hunting signs are not that hard to find. I won't give you a list, but for example, when you feel a player posted something that is in the best interests of town, that's a town-tell (like in many posts I say "I like this"). Btw, call me paranoid, but this seems like a way of you to ask for help of how to blend in town. Scummy++.
Also, I don't think we could get a worse case scenario than 3 scum to a team with a power role on each team? Does anybody have a worse likely scenario (considering I was slammed pretty hard for my 4 to a team comment)
Do not ever outguess the mod. Really. Nothing prevents the mod from putting a scum team of 4 players each one of them a PR. Nothing.
I think it's far more likely, that we have two to each team, with one power role on one and one on the other. But that's just a guess. I think they are likely even teams.
This doesn't help now. Stop discussing about this and scumhunt.
I don't have much so far, but I recall seeing a connection between you and DS.
Faraday wrote: Snow: Do you think data is town or scum atm? Asking for clarity as I'm not 100% sure from your post.
Scum at best, anti-town at worst. One way or another, a liability to town.
I'd like for you to explain the scum++ point against me, and why it's scummy. I really don't understand why you're calling that scummy.
You see a problem with a strategy we're discussing to use and you don't say which problems are those. That's not in the best interest of town.

For the multilynch, I say go for it. I'd like two of these three lynched: mipe, data and Seacore. mipe for his ubber scumminess, data for the reasons stated before (scummy/anti-town) and Seacore for scumminess (plus, I think we would gather some interesting information from a Seacore's lynch, specially that connection with DS, among others.)

Chaco is scummy, and I'd like to see him lynched as well, but I prefer the two of the three above.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”