Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Cobalt wrote:too small.
That's what she said :/
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I would like to point out that Sir Chris who has said as little (of relevance) as foilist showed up when I posted a case against him and then disappeared again. Way way way scummy.

That is all.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:05 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I've finished catching up, but seeing as it's 2am I will give you my wonderful thoughts in the morning, ciao.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:06 pm

Post by Kise »

Later.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:12 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Kise:

1. Would you say you're actively contributing to the game?

2. What are your thoughts on a day 1 no lynch?

3. Do I come across as town?

I think you know where this is going :P
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:26 pm

Post by Kise »

No, no, and no.

Wait! Yes, no, and no.

I think... Image
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:38 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Can I vote the mod for distracting the town? Just kidding.

After re-reading RayFrost, my vote doesn't seem as warranted as I first thought it was, so
unvote

So, for actual content that we have now:

Discode claims he is now a miller but that isn't what he really is, and he did something that caused a darkness to be released and that is what changed him into a miller. Still wanna know what his real role is.

A whole lot of other conjecture that seems to be part jokes and very little seriousness from what I can gather, although re-reading, the whole Riku debate is seems very fishy almost like the possibility of giving a claim to Discode so he doesn't shoot himself in the foot?

I would like to hear from the rest of the lurkers out there.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:46 am

Post by Sir Chris »

DragonsofSummer wrote:I would like to point out that Sir Chris who has said as little (of relevance) as foilist showed up when I posted a case against him and then disappeared again. Way way way scummy.

That is all.
I apologize if I appear a bit in and out, I am used to much short day times and it is hard to adjust to such lengthy days, something I am working on.

I also realized that it looked pretty bad for me to come in right as you said that, but sadly it was nothing but coincidence, I just chose a troublesome time to log onto the website.

I'll note all the discussion about the games themselves is kinda making me distance myself from the topic, as I find it boring to see so many posts about the games and less to do with the actual game, I guess I shouldn't do that though.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:49 am

Post by saberwolf »

Sir Chris wrote:
DragonsofSummer wrote:I would like to point out that Sir Chris who has said as little (of relevance) as foilist showed up when I posted a case against him and then disappeared again. Way way way scummy.

That is all.
I apologize if I appear a bit in and out, I am used to much short day times and it is hard to adjust to such lengthy days, something I am working on.

I also realized that it looked pretty bad for me to come in right as you said that, but sadly it was nothing but coincidence, I just chose a troublesome time to log onto the website.

I'll note all the discussion about the games themselves is kinda making me distance myself from the topic, as I find it boring to see so many posts about the games and less to do with the actual game, I guess I shouldn't do that though.
you did a great job of posting lots and contenting none.
Show

Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:57 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Did I?

That was lots to you? Really?

Huh.

I responded a bit, but I suppose that isn't really content. Well done, that was half correct, but that really wasn't lots, that was more like "Well here is my reason." I mean, by you posting that you didn't really content any yourself, you just pointed out that my particular post was not aimed at content in the game while trying to sound like a big tough person with the false-compliment. Very aggressive post on someone who doesn't really pop in much. So I thank you for your compliment at my great job, and would like to give you one for your great job of underestimating what the word "lots" should mean and not understanding what basic "explaining yourself" is.

Back on point though, skimming the topic a bit the one post that struck me was post 300 by Colbat discussing that discussing something was anti-town. I would like to state right now that is so wrong. Mafia moreso than town generally knows what is or is not going on in terms of flavor or has better guesses. Mafia, being in a team and having the information of their combined forces and knowing everyone not them is against them (generally speaking) can guess much better at stuff like the voice better than town is capable of, because town must be paranoid of just about all of the information they get on that day. So to say discussing anything with town (aside from outright saying stuff like "I think that guy is probably cop") is almost always beneficial, getting more and more thoughts out of people is always a good thing, it allows for a basis of thought.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:59 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Also I'll say this, scum claiming flavor day one is a very poor tactic for scum and while it is possible that it is a ruse, I highly doubt it to be one.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:10 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Also I know this can be wifomed into the dirt, but do believe me when I say I work retail and today/yesterday as of now was my first day off in nearly a week. Don't worry, by the time this day is done most of you will wish I would have stopped talking, maybe you already do!

I don't like it when DragonsOfSummer makes a post and goes 'man that chris guy sure is scummy, that is all." Like, I don't know, when I am looking over a game I try to comment on more stuff than just one line like that.

Actually doing a quick search, that was his first post since he actually accused me of being scum. So this guy, walks into this topic, that has had a lot of discussion about other stuff, only to accuse me of being scummy and disappearing while he himself did the exact same thing.

Man, that is not cool.
unvote
Vote DragonsofSummer

I don't like Gorrad still too much, but I guess that's another suspicion for another time. It is one thing to say I haven't posted much, that's true, or to say my belief that the voice shouldn't have a huge impact on day one was scummy can be seen as fair.

But then, of all the things, to not post for page after page and then waltz in here and go "Hey guys, just to let you know, just pointing out, after ALL this discussion that has taken place, I just wanted to let you know that the guy I voted for hasn't shown up. Now, I could post something else, or more, but that's gonna be it. Thanks."

Yeah, that's by far the scummiest and most eye popping thing I've seen this game.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:15 am

Post by Sir Chris »

In fact, I did some research BEFORE his post voting me, because I am just bored like that. And here are the only two other posts in the topic.
DragonsofSummer wrote:
vote Deathnote
You should know why! Getting me dead and all...
DragonsofSummer wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:I fight for truth, justice and the American way.

Also pizza.

---

How do you scumhunt a disembodied voice? Because just blindly assuming this is coming from town makes me twitch.
This post makes me happy.

Also you scum hunt a disembodied voice by finding the microphone cord and following it to is point of origin. Duh

Also RF case on cobalt please.
So basically I got voted by a guy for doing the same thing he is accusing of me doing, except he has managed to do it even worse than I am. He has posted quite literally no content in four posts, just making jokes and requesting information, and then voting for me for reasons that he honestly has no right to do so, maybe hoping that my absence would prove to make em an easy lynch target. I don't like it when I get taken for an easy target, it is just a bit annoying, especially by someone who can't even live up to his own standards of what I should be doing to be "not as scummy" it seems.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:15 am

Post by saberwolf »

You had lots of letters in your post :P

It's early morning, and I didn't know how else to phrase it.

Guess little could have been used, but I already made the afterjoke for that word :/
Show

Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:16 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Well you asked for some content, and by golly, there you go. So I'll ask the same of you, saberwolf, please respond to the content you so wonderfully asked for and let us content this topic to the sky together.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:17 am

Post by saberwolf »

Sir Chris wrote:Well you asked for some content, and by golly, there you go. So I'll ask the same of you, saberwolf, please respond to the content you so wonderfully asked for and let us content this topic to the sky together.
Any other time, I would. I however have a final exam in an hour, and I have to get ready to leave.

We'll do this another time soon.
Show

Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:18 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Very well, saberwolf, I will hold you to that promise.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Sup Kise.

---

Wow, that's fantastic OMGUS rite thar. Add Sir Chris to the Wouldn't Mind a Lynch No Sir list.
RayFrost wrote:I have, but it doesn't make it any less scummy when the individual saying it hasn't posted anything insightful or helpful.
Even if the wagon's on scum?

Please tell me you're not trying to derail my wagon. Because that's what it feels like. We've had a bunch of bad actors in this game but you choose to jump Vaya for agreeing with someone.
Gorrad wrote:This is a TERRIBLE policy in and of itself.
Imagine a beautiful world of sunshine and rainbows, where children play without fear, taxes are low and Empking is autolynched Day 1 every game. You don't think people would get the picture eventually?

Not that this discussion is helping the game any.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Cobalt »

Back on point though, skimming the topic a bit the one post that struck me was post 300 by Colbat discussing that discussing something was anti-town. I would like to state right now that is so wrong. Mafia moreso than town generally knows what is or is not going on in terms of flavor or has better guesses. Mafia, being in a team and having the information of their combined forces and knowing everyone not them is against them (generally speaking) can guess much better at stuff like the voice better than town is capable of, because town must be paranoid of just about all of the information they get on that day. So to say discussing anything with town (aside from outright saying stuff like "I think that guy is probably cop") is almost always beneficial, getting more and more thoughts out of people is always a good thing, it allows for a basis of thought.
Wrong. Discussing the identity of the voice strikes me as very antitown for this reason: as long as the scum don't know who the voice is, they can't kill him or her. How can you kill someone if you don't know who to target? That's why fishing for a name strikes me so badly.

IT'S COBALT NOT COLBAT, COLBAT ISN'T EVEN A WORD, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU

Also, OMGUS attack on DoS is so so bad.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:23 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

fuzzylightning wrote:Can I vote the mod for distracting the town? Just kidding.

After re-reading RayFrost, my vote doesn't seem as warranted as I first thought it was, so
unvote

So, for actual content that we have now:

Discode claims he is now a miller but that isn't what he really is, and he did something that caused a darkness to be released and that is what changed him into a miller. Still wanna know what his real role is.

A whole lot of other conjecture that seems to be part jokes and very little seriousness from what I can gather, although re-reading, the whole Riku debate is seems very fishy almost like the possibility of giving a claim to Discode so he doesn't shoot himself in the foot?

I would like to hear from the rest of the lurkers out there.
Good IioA right here, and a call for lurkers to post, looks like an attempt to appear to scum hunt to me. Why no vote on Vaya or Discode or Gorrad if you think the conversation about Riku was fishy? (which it isn't since a scum-discode would 99% likely have a safe-claim)

vote fuzzylightning

The rest of the game, I like Rayfrost more and more as we go forward. Same with Papa Z, I'd be willing to lynch follist btw post 315 made me lol, more so than Death Note or even Discode, at least until we hear from him*. (wonders if he flaked)

*AKA unless we get a full-claim soon.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:34 am

Post by ace5993 »

saberwolf wrote:I shouldn't have to really explain my recent posts. Anyone who can read should be able to see that I pulled names out of my ass to give a smartass answer to Kise's lame question. :P
I figured, but then why vote for Vaya? You might have a different policy, but I think any vote past the random voting stage should have some sort of an explanation, even if it's just a "I agree with such and such".
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:54 am

Post by DTMaster »

Rayfrost 312: This only makes sense if the case on Foil wasn't valid. Do you belive Foil is pro-town then?

Fuzzy 318: No, that wasn't the point of the meta link to Mafia of Order. The point was, I have de ja vu feelings that the whole Gorrad discussions about Riku and flavour analysis reads as:

Contributing, but not. So many people asked about the flavour when Slicey posted the wiki link for them to read it's drowning out the point of mafiascum: that is to scum hunt and not over analyze flavour. The past pages were a pain to read over at times because of this.

If there are people who aren't reading the wiki links, chances are they aren't really reading ITT for the flavour analysis.

Rayfrost 320: While your reasons on Vaya is getting good discussion out of it I need to throw at you a gummie block. I'm hinting that you are on the wrong track right now. "hint" "hint"

Plum 324: Yes to DN, I sympathize on that since I was in a situation with tubby before. Yes to Dis, but flavour makes sense and if we can, I rather role test this.

Actually in hindsight, where did the godfather speculation come from? Could it be a sign of reveal slip: aka scum gf trying to look townie by speculating the existance of god fathers?

To Vaya though I throw gummy blocks at you. There is a pattern here in my posts if you read through them. But I want to let you know that you are on the wrong track about this.

@Vaya/Wolf Flavour speculation
Acutally I want you two to know that Gorrad first put out that Dis was Riku, not Vaya. Vaya had suspicions about his role, but if you read my previous analysis,
Gorrad went right into Riku speculation
. Now I'm very confused due to his flavour analysis because:

If Gorrad is being the KH guru, why go through the Riku speculation then jump on Dis for being scum.

Rayfrost 331: Um.. it is day one though. Do you think Foil contributed enough in this game to not warrant any pressure right now? I think Foil needs to discuss more.

Cobalt 333: And if DN is scum does it mean he instant-wins? D: /sarcasm. That play style usually results in a lynch unless DN is able to scum hunt while being scummy, effectively. Reminds me of Tubby.

Gorrad 339: Wiki = more consice then posting actually. Yes I agree I probably would have gave some info, but Slicey gave us all the wiki links. :p

@Slicey
I'm at school but can I have Simon glasses? :3 i'll believe in me to believe in me to have the drill to pierce the heavens with them :p

Sir Chris:
357 wrote: I apologize if I appear a bit in and out, I am used to much short day times and it is hard to adjust to such lengthy days, something I am working on.

^^ This. I'm not the only one feeling this way. But I agree with sabre especially with the later posts:
359 wrote:I responded a bit, but I suppose that isn't really content. Well done, that was half correct, but that really wasn't lots, that was more like "Well here is my reason." I mean, by you posting that you didn't really content any yourself, you just pointed out that my particular post was not aimed at content in the game while trying to sound like a big tough person with the false-compliment. Very aggressive post on someone who doesn't really pop in much. So I thank you for your compliment at my great job, and would like to give you one for your great job of underestimating what the word "lots" should mean and not understanding what basic "explaining yourself" is.
Get to the point and say: Oh you meant I didn't respond to the arguments that you used on a guy who's really busy? (ie the lurker arguments).

About Cobalt 300: Cobalt answered so i'll give my take: if the voice is a pro-town PR and DN is town he handed scum a giant red arrow saying
NK this Mofo so town doesn't have an advantage
. Just because scum is an informed minority, doesn't mean they have the role list with them.

Outing a cop, in your example, isn't benifical to the town if he dies tonight without results. You are justifying a mass claim right now, pretty much and you are justifying role fishing. That to me is pretty awful logic to justify scummy actions.

Cobalt 368: Unless the voice is scum. But that is a discussion for another day right now. We need to determine the alignment of the voice once more information is gained.

While this is only slightly related I want to point out Zachtown. I was called anti-town for fishing the mystery double voter (the ???), but after some fail township it was determined that the mystery double voter was scum-Haylen toying with the town. Keep this in mind because it's too soon to jump to the conclusion that the voice is town.

But like I said, save this for later after we have some more information through flips and posts.

Kise 341:

1. I EBWOP in 308 to change should to shouldn't have. Sorry about the confusion but I expect you were being sarcastic about this I hope.

2. The town as in
the players
, not
town-aligned factions
. The point of the game is to determine who's scum and who's town. Repeating the question with "the scum" = asking scum to claim.

If you really, really want me to be more general can everyone whos attacking Dis restate their case on him.

You are deflecting the point of the question Kise. Why? This isn't scum hunting, this is arguing over vocabulary choices.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:55 am

Post by DTMaster »

Actually I'm going to do this:

Unvote

Vote: Gorrad

Something is slimey here. I need to do a reread about this.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Sir Chris »

@DTMaster

I said 'aside from saying stuff like'. I think you misread what I was saying. Also I wasn't saying to rolefish, I was saying discussing the voice isn't anti-town, and I have no idea why you disagree. There is a marked difference between what I find acceptable, which is around:

"Ok guys, let's wonder if the voice is town or scum, but let's not make any hasty decisions, it is get to get input from everyone on something as weird as this before we move forward."

You seem to be reading it as.

"WE MUST FIND THE VOICE, QUICKLY, EVERYONE CLAIM OR WE WILL CUT YOU DOWN"

I mean the latter appears to have been what happened or close enough, but that wasn't what I was trying to indicate.

Also I think I got to the "point" in my last two posts, so unless you want to totally ignore the fact that Dragonsofsummer is a totally hypocrite in his voting, I'd like to at least hear your thoughts on that.

Although I am glad you agree with my spidey sense on Gorrad.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Sir Chris »

it is time to get input*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”