890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by mipe »

Seacore wrote: I also disagree with your multilynch comment. I think a mutlilynch needs to be organised for it to work. That way we can point the finger at anybody who unlevels it, whereas with your plan its just "hey, I was voting for who I wanted"
I agree at this. But from my opinion, multilynching and all flip town = very bad. I wouldn't multilynch unless dreamwalker(s) come forward and tell that they have found scum.

Anyways, I have thought it, and I will incant the person who at this moment I think is most likely to be scum.

Incant: Seacore
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Unincant Seacore, Incant mipe

One of SC's favourite scumtells - saying hyperobv town things like 'multilynching and having them all flip town is bad.
I'm old now.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Percy »

Incantation Count

Seacore - 4 (DisCode, startransmission, semiolguy, mipe)
mipe - 4 (Magua, DeathSauce, Snow_Bunny, SerialClergyman)

Snow_Bunny - 1 (Faraday)
DisCode - 1 (Seacore)

Not Incanting - 2 (Chaco, Datadanne)

The Ritual will take only 10 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Wednesday the 2nd of December (site time).

Prodding
: Datadanne

11 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by Datadanne »

Incant mipe

Whats with voting the mod?
Unincant Seacore
Are you retarded, Or just stupid?

Willpostmoarl8er.
Show
Acheivements:

- Won 400000$ in Mafia Deal or no deal.
- Killed 3 mafia members in his first 3 vig nights.
- Reserved
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Datadanne wrote:Are you retarded, Or just stupid?
Datadanne wrote:Willpostmoarl8er.
:roll:

In answer to your question though, do you not understand that you can move incants from one person to another? Or were you just objecting to the fact that I unincanted before switching? Because if it's the former, re-read both the rules and the vote count just above your post and if it's the latter I was just trying to help the mod track the vote change, I try to do that because I think it's polite.

In other other news, did you just get prodded, turn up 15 minutes later with a wagon vote on someone for something that happened ages ago and then leave?
I'm old now.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Post by Seacore »

Yeah, I'm agreeing with SC on the suspicion here. Even if it's to jump to somebody that isn't me, I really don't like it when somebody appears for 5 minutes to agree with the crowd and then evaporate. If he's really intending to "postmoarl8er" (which is offensive to read, oh my god) then why not just wait til then to post, you know, after you've had a chance to explain to us your thoughts on the game so you don't look like a scummy bandwagoner?

Then again, while I haven't read through much of other games, data came up in Percy's last game and was pulling unhelpful stuff like this all the time... wait a sec, I'm going to go look up to see if he was scum then... nope, he was investigator. From skimming and memory, people were threatening to kill him all the way through because of this kind of stuff, but better targets came along each time. So unfortunately, this looks like a null tell in context, it's just annoying.

I disagree with SC's read of the mipe situation though. Mipe's just stating why he doesn't want to be a part of the multilynch. Yeah it's obvious, but it's kind of hard to state his view of it being bad without stating why. Obviously I disagree with Mipe on his conclusion though, I think a multilynch can be a great tactic. It provides two different bandwagons to analyse, it's tempting bait for a scum-save. It's like giving the town twice it's usual strength.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:31 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Sitting back and holding onto your incantation is also bad because it either allows scum to manipulate a wagon first and thus potentially limit options for the town when it comes to voting in deadline type situations OR if you are scum it is a good way to hide behind other people's suspicions and hop onto a wagon you see others supporting.

semi-related to the above:

mipe's most recent post and vote smell bad. Scum points.

@mipe
Why do you find Seacore the most likely to be scum?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by semioldguy »

EBWOP:
or rather you said that you have thought it; would you mind leading us through your thought process?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:35 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Seacore wrote:Yeah, I'm agreeing with SC on the suspicion here. Even if it's to jump to somebody that isn't me, I really don't like it when somebody appears for 5 minutes to agree with the crowd and then evaporate. If he's really intending to "postmoarl8er" (which is offensive to read, oh my god) then why not just wait til then to post, you know, after you've had a chance to explain to us your thoughts on the game so you don't look like a scummy bandwagoner?
Why point out this about Datadanne but not mipe's most recent post?

To me it looks like both of them merely came in and made a vote on a bandwagon in a post with no real content.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:53 pm

Post by Seacore »

Yeah, but the difference is mipe has made several other posts, granted most of them with odd comments, but his latest posts don't really change my already established and stated opinion of him (see my large person by person post).
Whereas I only had that one post of data's to go by.

Basically I don't believe either of them is particularly scummy, just not helpful.
mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:33 am

Post by mipe »

semioldguy wrote:EBWOP:
or rather you said that you have thought it; would you mind leading us through your thought process?
Earlier, I said how my suspects are Datadanne (mostly for lurking),
Seacore (Various reasons, including buddying, saying how towntells are useless) and Faraday (How he plays makes me feel he is scum).
Seeing as nobody else commented about it, it makes me think that Faraday plays like that normally, so pretty much the only reason why I thought he was scum is now out.
Datadanne, well, I still think he is just lurkerscum, but, there isn't enough information about him. While I don't really like policy lynches, I'm really thinking that Datadanne should be lynched today or tomorrow.

That clears the 2 out from 3 of my suspects. That leaves Seacore as the last one.

Also,

@Datadanne: The reason I voted the mod, was, well, just because I wanted to be sure. All the 'no commenting' that mod pretty much said to every question, made me feel that there is something hidden in this game. If you want to know about my other questions, well, "Are there same amount of cultists on both teams?" is valid question, I think that there is a chance of the cults having different amount of members, maybe other cult has 3 with 1 PR and other cult has 4 with 0 PR or something like that. Or maybe, there are same amount of cultists on both teams.
"Will there be a message when last cultist from cult X is lynched?" I wanted to know that, as if the answer would have been yes, that would have given us idea how many possibly there are left on the other cult. If cult has 1 member, I highly doubt that the other cult has 4.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Seacore »

Mipe wrote: Seeing as nobody else commented about it, it makes me think that Faraday plays like that normally, so pretty much the only reason why I thought he was scum is now out.
I believe I commented, a couple of times.

There's a lot of no commenting because this is a semi-open game, which means it's also a semi-closed game. We don't know the make up of the cults. The questions are fine, just like I'd argue mine was, but incanting the mod is still weird..
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Although I said earlier that I wouldn't comment on buddying, I've waited long enough to hear a reaction from anyone else on this, so I'll bring it up.

If Seacore is being accused of being scummy because of "buddying" with Chaco, why hasn't Serial been held to the fire because of his ISO post 6 to semi:
SerialClergyman wrote:Then we agree on essentially everything. Good man.

Any reason you didn't mention the whole vote the mod thing?
This is why I like playing with Serial, he can make one tiny post and blow up a whole line of thinking (oh no, am I buddying?!?)
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Seacore »

This is why I find buddying such a null tell. Sure it's something to go back and look at once somebody actually flips scum, but until then it gives you nothing. The argument that town shouldn't buddy because they're suspiscous of everybody seems dumb. I can be suspicious and friendly of somebody at the same time.

I'm essentially being accused of buddying because I stated my opinions, somebody else agreed with me, then I asked a follow up questions and because nobody else posted in between we had a small conversation.

Dumb.

Thus I don't find SC's buddying as particularly scummy. Although his doublestandards are.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Hey Death, what do you think of Seacore?
I'm old now.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Chaco, you are now the only one without an incantation out. No one is in perilous danger of being lynched by someone going away for a few days or even close to it.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:54 pm

Also,
Thus I don't find SC's buddying as particularly scummy. Although his doublestandards are.
You'll note of all the thigns I've attacked you for, I actually defended you from the buddying charges.
SC when everyone was layign into Seacore about buddying wrote:I have no problems with the alliance style postings, and in fact if seacore is scum I think it's probably less likely that the others are scum.
But either way, AFAIK Deathsauce is attacking other people for having double standards by attacking you and not me, rather than actually attacking me for buddying.
I'm old now.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:00 pm

Post by semioldguy »

There are different modalities, degrees and types of buddying. Some are more scummy, some aren't so bad. Buddying in itself isn't scummy. Like many tells, pulling it out of the situation and looking at the context of both the buddying and current development of the game state help to determine potential motive behind the action rather than just looking at the action itself.

Seacore's buddying seemed somewhat opportunistic in my opinion, following more along the lines of parroting.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:36 pm

Post by Seacore »

How am I parroting? I was the one who said that stuff first!
mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:42 am

Post by mipe »

Seacore wrote:
Mipe wrote: Seeing as nobody else commented about it, it makes me think that Faraday plays like that normally, so pretty much the only reason why I thought he was scum is now out.
I believe I commented, a couple of times.

There's a lot of no commenting because this is a semi-open game, which means it's also a semi-closed game. We don't know the make up of the cults. The questions are fine, just like I'd argue mine was, but incanting the mod is still weird..
It's probably because this is my 3rd game on this site. I have played mafia on this other site and bastard-games are more common there. I know that is probably a scumtell "omg i r nub dun kill meee". And I want to clarify things, because English is my 2nd/3rd language. There's always a small chance that I have mistranslated something, which makes me ask questions like the one at the bottom of this message.

Also, just to tell you, I know for a fact that the mod is hiding things. But that is a thing which I will tell you at earliest of tomorrow (in game, that is), or maybe today, if I'm really close to getting incanted.

@MOD:
Percy wrote:Some players have additional skills:
Am I reading this correctly? Does this mean that it's possible that some lucky guy could be both Guardian AND Dreamwalker?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:49 am

Post by semioldguy »

Seacore wrote:How am I parroting? I was the one who said that stuff first!
Here it looks to me like buddying/agreeing/parroting off of Snow_Bunny's post just above yours. It is something you could have mentioned first, but didn't. The post had an off feel to me. Also your first post on this page didn't sit right with me, as already brought up in a previous post of mine.

On review I don't think that the buddying of you and Chaco is particularly condemning to you, it's buddying over mechanics rather than content which is more or less null in my mind.

@mipe
Of course the mod is hiding things. He is hiding all of our alignments! If the Mod hid nothing from us it wouldn't be mafia.

Incant: mipe

Stop speculating about the game and setup and start looking for scum. Don't dangle information in front of the town in the fashion of "I know something the rest of you don't know, but I'm not going to tell you yet." Doing so is scummy at worst and distracting at best.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:45 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

More mipe incantations, please.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:56 am

Post by semioldguy »

@Snow_Bunny
More content, please.

Do you have nothing to say or add since your last post? Could you expand upon your reasoning for voting mipe and why you find him scummy?
mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:10 am

Post by mipe »

semioldguy wrote:Of course the mod is hiding things. He is hiding all of our alignments! If the Mod hid nothing from us it wouldn't be mafia.
I obviously didn't talk about the alignments. I talked about the roles. There are roles in the play that aren't on the first post.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Faraday »

Just a quick post.

I'd like to more information on what Mipe is talking about, as at the moment I don't really believe him, it seems very bastardly for a mod to have a semi-open set-up and not have all possible roles listed.

Snow_bunny needs MOAR.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”