Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:02 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I think saber's town.

And what is this rubbish about this avoiding being called out as a lurker stuff? This sounds highly convoluted, and if somebody's merely looking for lurker lynches anyway, they've got problems.

Kreriov tilts scummy.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Kreriov »

Did you read last two pages? Let see, CC says he would be ok lynching any lurkers. THE VERY NEXT POST Sabrewolf suddenly says he has been lurking! Then, after a bunch of weird posts including one in which he votes himself, Sabrewolf suddenly says it was all a gambit. Oh yeah, did I mention his actions suddenly became a gambit right after SERIAL posits it might all be a gambit? I guess your rubbish is merely my reading the thread. I am certainly not voting Sabrewolf for lurking! I am voting him for his scummy actions.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Grimmy »

Question and a Vote

Spyrex (and anyone else who wishes to answer): How does one get a SK read on anyone? My problem with SK is that they read no differently to me than a regular townie.

And of course...

The idiotic gambit of Sabrewolf. This cries out to me as a "they are on to me, so let me do something to try to throw them off my trail" sort of move. I think it was done to not only get the people who voted after he did it to unvote quickly, but to also try to discredit the other votes/leads on him from BEFORE he did this.

As such, I think we got one.
Vote: Sabrewolf

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Grimmy »

yabbaguy wrote:Image
Can someone please update this to register that I have now put him at L-1, and that the next vote will seal the deal?

and im halfway to thinking that Sabrewolf will vote himself again, just because.

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:10 am

Post by skitzer »

Note on saberwolf: I just modded a perilously long Picking Simplicity where players voted themselves quite often. I don't think they were ever scum. I'm not talented enough to know exactly why they did it, but from personal experience it
most definitely isn't a scumtell

That being said, to anyone who is voting saberwolf: Can you still justify your vote?
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:34 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Grimmy wrote:How does one get a SK read on anyone? My problem with SK is that they read no differently to me than a regular townie.
Personally, I have an SK read on Iguana, because dramonic (who was tunneling on Iguana extensively) was nightkilled by the SK.
skitzer wrote:That being said, to anyone who is voting saberwolf: Can you still justify your vote?
As said before, his selfvote/slip is null to me. However, post #134 by Hyl is extremely suspect to me. Besides that, it's also his interaction with other players who have been pushing the zwetwagon early that makes me suspicious of him. Out of the players I suspect of being scum, he is by far the most supported bandwagon.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:37 am

Post by Kreriov »

Easily. Especially given that way Sabre did so. If I do the following, does it mean I am definitely not scum?

Unvote: Sabrewolf

Vote: Kreriov

Unvote: Kreriov

Voting yourself is not a scum tell or a town tell.

I am not sure the exact circumstances, but I would suspect that in the one you modded, the reasons or circumstances under which people voted themselves were substantially different. I would find it surprising if, in that other game, it was this far into D2 and someone who was essentially under no suspicion with no or few votes suddenly up and declared themselves a lurker then voted themselves. The point is that you cannot arbitrarily define that particular action as town or not town. Heck, if we all decided that voting for yourself means you have to be town, every single person in this game would be casting a vote on themselves in their very next post!
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:51 am

Post by yabbaguy »

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:57 am

Post by skitzer »

I understand that some votes are not based on the selfvote, so that's not what I'm going for. I meant people who voted simply because of the vote.

Kreriov: I'm not saying selfvoting doesn't make you scum. I'm saying selfvoting doesn't make you anymore scummy.
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Iguana »

skitzer wrote:Note on saberwolf: I just modded a perilously long Picking Simplicity where players voted themselves quite often. I don't think they were ever scum. I'm not talented enough to know exactly why they did it, but from personal experience it
most definitely isn't a scumtell

That being said, to anyone who is voting saberwolf: Can you still justify your vote?
Its a small scumtell. However its also one of the "censurable tells" when done outside of RVS that if committed you should always lynch the player. Best case scenario, you lynch scum. Worst case scenario, you teach idiot-town a lesson, and hope they learn to not play as jackassedly in their next game. Other tells like these are claiming scum and lying about your role (however these are slightly less as there are exceedingly rare scenarios where they are a good move)

Also what spy said regarding Hyl.

Scum please go bus your partner or take the free lynch.
Sheep in wolves clothing
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Vote Count 16:

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

saberwolf
(8) – Nikanor, Iguana, Col.Cathart, SpyreX, MichelSableheart, StrangerCoug, Kreriov, Grimmy
hohum
(1) – Head_Honcho
SerialClergyman
(1) – Toro
SpyreX
(1) – saberwolf
Kreriov
(1) – Flava Flave
StrangerCoug
(1) – SerialClergyman

Not Voting (4) –
Blastinus, skitzer, yabbaguy, hohum

Notes:

* Searching for replacement for Blastinus.
* Deadline for the end of Day Two is on Thursday, December 10 at 2:00pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by skitzer »

But what if your supposed "idiot-town" is the smart one here?

saberwolf's self-vote has reenergized the game and potentially brought out a lot of bandwagoning scum.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

No more praise of the self vote please. It's an act that does little more than muddy the waters, and the more people who do it as town, the more it will be a legitimate tactic for scum to use later. I could have energized the game by claiming scum or sk, but it wouldn't get us any closer to winning. For me, looking at the wagon and those who swooped in to vote, this comes down to policy voting for bad play or not voting town. Last time I chose the latter and this time I will too, but for gods sake let's hear no more about the up side of self voting please.
I'm old now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

BUT IT CAUGHT EIGHT SCUM!

Its not JUST policy though - the timing of it is pretty shenanigans.

---

As for Grimmy's question: The focus on the SK that didn't end in the vote for the SK was what got my guns a blazing. Especially with the bizarro logic stuff.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

skitzer wrote:But what if your supposed "idiot-town" is the smart one here?

saberwolf's self-vote has reenergized the game and potentially brought out a lot of bandwagoning scum.
And your point is?

His self-vote did spark discussion, but for Christ sake, this isn't a towntell.

As for my current point of view, I still like that lynch. I wasn't entirely buying MSH's logic against Hyl, but there Saberwolf came with his lurking bullshit. And then it all went even more downhill from there. Actually his self-vote is probably the thing I have the least problems with.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

FoS: skitzer
. I don't care if the people in your game self-voted a lot as town, it's not a smart move to do. Stop defending saberwolf as a VI.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

However, let's at least realize that while a novelty for sure in games in general, it's by no means new tactics for saberwolf. He gambits a lot, he's hated by some for it, but of course, he's not always scum doing it.

Bunch of meta WIFOM. I therefore opt to discard this particular shenanigan as null. Of course, he's on igg-mi-oi status now, but for now, I'm not persuaded.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Oh well, it's ok, I'll claim now.

I'm the
Back-Up Doctor
As soon as doctor was killed I took over as doc. Now I get to be NKed, even if you don't lynch me. Yay :P

So what say you now?
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Iguana »

kill kill kill kill
die die die
Sheep in wolves clothing
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Iguana wrote:voting saberwolf: Can you still justify your vote?[/b]
Its a small scumtell. However its also one of the "censurable tells" when done outside of RVS that if committed you should always lynch the player. Best case scenario, you lynch scum. Worst case scenario, you teach idiot-town a lesson, and hope they learn to not play as jackassedly in their next game. [/quote]

obv hasnt done me any good. I get lynched all the time and have not once considered changing my playstyle.

Oh, and I'm not allowed to selfhammer. Mith's already been on my back for that before :(
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:02 pm

Iguana wrote:Its a small scumtell. However its also one of the "censurable tells" when done outside of RVS that if committed you should always lynch the player. Best case scenario, you lynch scum. Worst case scenario, you teach idiot-town a lesson, and hope they learn to not play as jackassedly in their next game. Other tells like these are claiming scum and lying about your role (however these are slightly less as there are exceedingly rare scenarios where they are a good move)

Also what spy said regarding Hyl.
Kreirov wrote:Voting yourself is not a scum tell or a town tell.
MSH wrote:Behaviour like saberwolf on the last page is null to me. It's a lot of WIFOM that can be done by both town and scum. It is mainly bad for the player who uses it, regardless of alignement.

That being said, one of my four scum candidates just became the leading wagon.
Grimmy wrote:And of course...

The idiotic gambit of Sabrewolf. This cries out to me as a "they are on to me, so let me do something to try to throw them off my trail" sort of move. I think it was done to not only get the people who voted after he did it to unvote quickly, but to also try to discredit the other votes/leads on him from BEFORE he did this.

As such, I think we got one.
Kreirov wrote:Personally, it really seems to me like Sabre was lurking scum who had to make a big splash before he was really called out for it. I mean really. In the immediately prior post CC says he would support lynching any lurkers and suddenly Sabre admits he has been lurking? Then he realized he did something stupid and finally tries to cover for it by saying he was trying to catch scum in his 'usual' non-traditional manner? Sabre screams scum to me.

SCoug wrote:
Jesus Christ, saberwolf, you say you're playing to win and you self-vote? Are you suicidal?
Spyrex wrote:... did he just scumclaim and vote himself?

Unvote, Vote: Saber
Col Cathart wrote:
saberwolf wrote:
yes, I am.

oh, did scum just make the game too easy for you? My bad

Ugh.

Unvote

vote: Saberwolf
Nikanor was already voting him.
Iguana voted before the self-vote.

All this is one of the many reasons self-votes suck. It's so hard to analyse these positions and work out whose vote is disengenuous.

Aside from my point about Spyrex (which I've gone off somewhat, at least partially because i do remember his stanceo n SKs from another game), Kreirov stands out to me. His argument seems to be that sabrewolf used my explanation to dig him out of a hole. That seems to suggest that saber didn't realise his actions were a gambit and did his little self-vote scumclaim dance... for what? For funsies? Because he cracked under the pressure?

Kreirov also assumes that saber's reaction to being called out as a lurker 'yes, I've totally been lurking' was a scumslip, and he then attempted to address this scumslip with the self-vote.
I'm old now.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by saberwolf »

hmmm...that was not what I quoted :S

oh well.
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by saberwolf »

grimmy, spyreX and possibly Kerikov stand out as scum to me.

Just a thought for later when I die.
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by saberwolf »

BTW: I'm just gonna beat anybody who is too dumb to the punch: I fakeclaimed.
Show

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:13 pm

FoS: skitzer. I don't care if the people in your game self-voted a lot as town, it's not a smart move to do. Stop defending saberwolf as a VI.
Skitzer remains town, SCoug remains scum.

Note all of what I've written (and even this point to a degree) are dependent on a saber townflip.
I'm old now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”