Igor Schultz
Igor Schultz
Townie
Igor Schultz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Igor Schultz »

The reason I haven't posted is because this game moves slightly faster then I casn check it.

@white, this means that you arn't a daytime cop. Thus your vote must be on ether a read, or an RVS vote. Is this true. Was it from a read?
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Stuart wrote:I don't even know what your point addressing the bolded part is saying.
If I am correct your statement is that you only want us to use the reasons that you give us to judge you instead of having everyone argue about it. I disagree with this because really, if you're hiding something and we go along with you you just get a free pass.
Gerhard wrote:I hereby agree not to debate the validity of whatever reason Stuart posts for more than a page, but reserve the right to bring it up later in the day if I deem it relevant.
I can settle for this.
The Supreme Ruler wrote:But this also brings up a major point I've meaning to mention to you all: Do you want your actual accounts revealed? I personally don't think it has any bearing on the game (and don't just reply to this "Oh, well it's important because we can narrow down who's playing each alt", because that's really against the spirit of the game) so I feel I can leave it up to you. Vote Reveal or Vote Not Reveal, and whatever gets a majority vote, will be enforced for the rest of the game...
Vote: Reveal at end of game

Claude- Is possible softfishing the only reason you have against me?
Stuart wrote:K, I'm bullet proof.
Ok... I guess that's beleivable. I am willing to unvote once I hear a reason for your vote but until then my vote will have to stay.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

@igor: Read. I never intended to suggest it was anything else.

@Jaime: Give me an example of what I'd be hiding? I'm glad you've agreed to the terms, but understand I'm not going to explain the reason behind my vote. At best I'm going to explain why I'm not going to explain the reason behind my vote.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

Hi guys, I would just like to apologize for my absence.

I am currently wrapping up the end of my semester. As such, I've been swamped in projects and assignments, and now am currently doing final exams. I have to study for tomorrow mornings, and I got one the next day too, so I'll post scattered bits until friday, when I can hopefully pull back up.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Bullet proof? Ok, 1) I don't buy that at all.

@Those who have played X-Com is there some invincible hero? I doubt it.

2) No one asked you to claim, we asked you to explain your vote, or to explain why you won't tell us.

3) What does your role PM say your role is specifically? The Townie Pm calls you an aquanaut, and we're lynching people with a sonic cannon, so I doubt it actually used the word bullet proof.

Are you certain you are bullet proof in the traditional sense? Or can you not be lynched, or are you just immune to everything? I don't see why the mod would include a role like that, or even a bullet proof in the traditional sense.

This is a weird claim, I don't like it.

Feedback ya'll?
Spencer Remmington
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by Spencer Remmington »

Edward got replaced... Damn, I would have liked an explanation for what he said.

Notes On Jester: Always always always assume there are none. Unless the mod specifically says there could be.
Stuart Whyte wrote:
Andrew Lemarchand wrote:Other than you smell like town and Emile smells like scum, what are these many reasons you speak of?
You forgot that I'm awesome as well.
I'm sure he didn't forget.
Whyte wrote:I don't think I can properly communicate with you. I don't know what else to say. Perhaps its my english thats flawed, but we aren't speaking the same language.
"You don't know what else to say?" Seriously? Did you, you know, try refuting my arguments?

You're being Vague.
You're making excuses.
You're doing your god honest best to not help the town.
Getting you to say something should not be as hard as pulling teeth.
Whyte wrote:I don't like your need to hold on to that, but I also don't think my reasons are blatantly bullshit so I'll agree to those terms. But I still want everyone to chime in before I say anything.
I personally think this is all non-sense. Why are you not willing to tell us your reason for voting unless we all agree beforehand to say you're town just for providing it?

I'm skeptical on the bulletproof claim. Correct bulletproof play is to be as pro-town as possible, which he's obviously not in my eyes.
Don't look at me! I'm new here!
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Spencer Remmington wrote:Edward got replaced... Damn, I would have liked an explanation for what he said.

Notes On Jester: Always always always assume there are none. Unless the mod specifically says there could be.
Stuart Whyte wrote:
Andrew Lemarchand wrote:Other than you smell like town and Emile smells like scum, what are these many reasons you speak of?
You forgot that I'm awesome as well.
I'm sure he didn't forget.
Whyte wrote:I don't think I can properly communicate with you. I don't know what else to say. Perhaps its my english thats flawed, but we aren't speaking the same language.
"You don't know what else to say?" Seriously? Did you, you know, try refuting my arguments?

You're being Vague.
You're making excuses.
You're doing your god honest best to not help the town.
Getting you to say something should not be as hard as pulling teeth.
Whyte wrote:I don't like your need to hold on to that, but I also don't think my reasons are blatantly bullshit so I'll agree to those terms. But I still want everyone to chime in before I say anything.
I personally think this is all non-sense. Why are you not willing to tell us your reason for voting unless we all agree beforehand to say you're town just for providing it?

I'm skeptical on the bulletproof claim. Correct bulletproof play is to be as pro-town as possible, which he's obviously not in my eyes.
You don't speak the same language as me, I'm confident I can't deal with you but I'll give it one more shot. I never said you need to assume I'm town just for posting it, just that you wont argue the validity of my reasons. Judge my sinserity.
Tracey Morris
Tracey Morris
Townie
Tracey Morris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Tracey Morris »

Stuart Whyte wrote:K, I'm bullet proof.
Good thing our lynch rope is not made of bullets.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

As a bullet proof, shouldn't you be trying to use up mafia NK's rather than getting yourself lynched? Right now you cannot possibly be unaware that your present course of action is going to get you lynched, and if it doesn't, there is not a chance in hell that the mafia wold NK you, since they could almost certainly get you lynched the next day and not waste their NK.

So again this leads back to why won't you tell us the reasons behind your vote?
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Stuart wrote:@Jaime: Give me an example of what I'd be hiding? I'm glad you've agreed to the terms, but understand I'm not going to explain the reason behind my vote. At best I'm going to explain why I'm not going to explain the reason behind my vote.
You may be hiding the fact that you have NO reason behind your vote. I have no idea. If you can't tell us you must be hiding SOMETHING. Unless it reveals valuable information I see no reason why you shouldn't. Also, I will be perfectly happy if you tell me why you can't tell the town. (Well, just as long as it makes sense)
Gerhard wrote:@Those who have played X-Com is there some invincible hero? I doubt it.
Maybe it's just a one use thing like if he gets hit once he survives but twice and he dies? I don't know much about X-COM and I haven't gotten around to reading that thingy the mod gave us but I'm assuming there are some people who are stronger then others or something.

I beleive the roleclaim but you have a point. I want to hear what the name is and some flavor so I can beleive it.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

flavour = I was trusted with some super secret new armour thats immune to sonic weapons and painted it like everyone else's diving suits.
Spencer Remmington
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Spencer Remmington »

Fine, I promise not to let the validity of your reasoning have any more effect on whether I believe you are town or not any more than it already may have had.

Of course, by this point, it just means that I'm not going to unvote you for it if it is a somehow a good reason.

This game is about finding scum. The best defense any one person can possibly have is "This person is scum because of this, this, and that." because then people will look at those reasons and see if they're good or not. This includes valuating both validity and sincereness. Even if you were confirms town, even if you were being sincere, if it's not valid, then there's no reason to actually follow that path.

So, yes, I'll promise to try and judge your sincerity, but do realize that's a very hard process. And I won't argue with you about whether it's valid or not, but do realize that by this point moving my vote to somebody else will require a lot more than just if I think you really mean what you say.
Don't look at me! I'm new here!
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Stuart Whyte wrote:flavour = I was trusted with some super secret new armour thats immune to sonic weapons and painted it like everyone else's diving suits.
Ok, why? Does it say why you've been chosen as opposed to someone else?
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

I don't like how pm quoty this is getting, I'm gonna run further responses threw malt.
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Stuart wrote:flavour = I was trusted with some super secret new armour thats immune to sonic weapons and painted it like everyone else's diving suits.
What I also want is your name thing. For example vanilla townies are able seamen so what is yours. I find it highly unlikely that your name was "bulletproof".

Also, if you can I still want an explanation of at least why you can't tell us why you're voted.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Jaime Marcelle wrote:Also, if you can I still want an explanation of at least why you can't tell us why you're voted.
Look back over the last couple pages mate. We've been asking him non-stop and now he's actively ignoring the question.

@Stuart - I have reasoned with you at my best diplomatic capacity, and you still have not provided us with an explanation, or a reason to be fine without an explanation, and I can no longer think of a reason to keep you alive.

Your PR now is essentially useless. There is no reason for scum to target you at night, and you certainly are not exercising the scumhunting freedom that comes with being bullet proof, therefore I do not see your claim, even if it is true, as a strong enough reason not to blow you to hell with that big sonic cannon over there.

@mod - You're going to have an amazing opportunity to write a kick ass scene when someone gets lynched.
:D
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Oh wait, he said his armor makes him immune to sonic weaponry. We have a sonic cannon, not a rope.

This is why it's important what your role PM actually calls you.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:00 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Gerhard Krause wrote:Oh wait, he said his armor makes him immune to sonic weaponry. We have a sonic cannon, not a rope.

This is why it's important what your role PM actually calls you.
I've pmed the mod some questions. I'm waiting on him for answers. I had initially assumed I was only nk immune, but given the lynch flavour and the wording of my pm I might also be unlynchable(how cool would that be) I doubt it though. When he responds I'll answer. Also, I'm ignoring the question because only 3 people have agreed to my terms, there are 11 in the game, get the number up to 7-8 and I will talk.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

It truly amazes me that you think you have that much political capital. You're al L-1 mate. Get talking.

I'll wait on the mod bit though.
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by Andrew Lemarchand »

I thought I already did this when Edward was replaced but I'll do it again anyway.
Unvote

Claude wrote:@Everyone: can I have your thoughts about Jamie? I still think he was softfishing ("I say something stupid about a dayvig, perhaps he will softclaim...")...
Possibly rolefishing, but not worth my vote at the moment even though I still don't like his use of dice for RVS.
Stuart wrote:Also, I'm ignoring the question because only 3 people have agreed to my terms, there are 11 in the game, get the number up to 7-8 and I will talk.
Agreed to your terms? This isn't a bloody hostage situation, why don't you just answer the questions directed at you? Pro-town players engage in active discussion, anti-town players do not.

Also,
Vote: Reveal

I believe the only reason the mod is asking us this question is because Gerhard would like to use this alt after the game. As Gerhard has said that he doesn't mind a postgame reveal, neither do I.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

@Andrew - What is your position on Stuart? Are you prepared to hammer him if he doesn't start talking, or are you going to leave that to someone else and go an alternate route?

Normally I'd be all for setting this aside and start looking at other players, but I feel like in this case it's going to be too easy for scum to hide behind voting for Stuart for obvious reasons.
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:46 pm

Unless Stuart comes back with some incredibly convincing arguments or a more believable claim, I think it's inevitable that Stuart will be the D1 lynch. If he keeps up his current act, I would have no problem hammering him but we still have a week to gather more information (if possible). It's not likely that Stuart will survive that long, but hopefully no one gets too hasty.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Andrew Lemarchand wrote:
Stuart wrote:Also, I'm ignoring the question because only 3 people have agreed to my terms, there are 11 in the game, get the number up to 7-8 and I will talk.
Agreed to your terms? This isn't a bloody hostage situation, why don't you just answer the questions directed at you? Pro-town players engage in active discussion, anti-town players do not.
Hate to break it to you but not all discussion is pro-town. I'd rather get lynched now than get lynched anyway after a week of arguing the validity of my claims only to have the deadline as an easy excuse. At least this way scum on my wagon have to man up. Now if the town agrees to not get bogged down with the validity that's a different story cause we can get threw the matter fast enough to have time to actually decide things before deadline. I'm gonna laugh so hard if I'm unlynchable. *crosses fingers*
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:40 pm

Stuart wrote:Hate to break it to you but not all discussion is pro-town.
I didn't say that all discussion is pro-town, but your style of complete non-discussion of the actual issues that matter is most definitely anti-town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”