VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Vi wrote:Starting... when?
Notice where my vote is at. Still very much want Ecto dead...and that's without a major catch up yet!

I do think you're town Vi, but very pissed that you're just shooting.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by don_johnson »

ConfidAnon wrote:
don_johnson: Play better. Kthnx.
no you.

unvote, vote confidanon
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar 500 wrote:I do think you're town Vi, but very pissed that you're just shooting.
Speaking as the Grateful Dead, being very pissed is a gamewide sentiment. Just imagine how I feel reading d_j 501.

Not that that excuses anything I've done ITT, but etc. I'd actually like to retcon this entire game >.>
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by d3x »

Vote:don_johnson

We have a confirmed Healer in ConA. Are you suggesting that he's a Scum Healer?
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by don_johnson »

d3x wrote:
Vote:don_johnson

We have a confirmed Healer in ConA. Are you suggesting that he's a Scum Healer?
yes. that is exactly what i am suggesting. kind of a dumb question, don't ya think?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by d3x »

It was more of a rhetorical question. What are you basing your theory off of?

GTKAS - d3x
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by don_johnson »

d3x wrote:It was more of a rhetorical question. What are you basing your theory off of?
h healed vi. now he's "waiting" for flip in order to vote. doesn't make sense. he thought vi was town enough to heal. why wait to vote? why not pursue his top suspect? he's not scumhunting. hasn't been since page 1. i was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt regarding his stubborness, but we're into this now. and i see no reason why scum wouldn't have a healer if they are the minority standing in a room full of trigger happy monkeys. its not 100%, but i'm not going to sit by and let the pot call the kettle black(i.e. don't tell me to play better when you're playing like shit) it makes more sense to me if he's scum.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:47 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Ohh...all the shooting! The new and very green coroners assistant was just about at the end of her rope. More shots...

She ran out to see Vi falling to the ground while taking a shot. Vi hit the ground dead. The shot to Vi was deadly accurate and Vi was dead . The shot at Sotty on the other hand wizzed right above the coroners' head, narrowly missing him but, widely missing the target. The coroner sighs and walks back inside.

Vi...
Vanilla Town
is now dead.

With 11 alive, it takse 6 to lynch!
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:45 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Soldier bitch.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:51 am

Post by Ectomancer »

don_johnson wrote:
d3x wrote:It was more of a rhetorical question. What are you basing your theory off of?
h healed vi. now he's "waiting" for flip in order to vote. doesn't make sense. he thought vi was town enough to heal. why wait to vote? why not pursue his top suspect? he's not scumhunting. hasn't been since page 1. i was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt regarding his stubborness, but we're into this now. and i see no reason why scum wouldn't have a healer if they are the minority standing in a room full of trigger happy monkeys. its not 100%, but i'm not going to sit by and let the pot call the kettle black(i.e. don't tell me to play better when you're playing like shit) it makes more sense to me if he's scum.
I was thinking along the same lines myself. He would look quite the confirmed hero?
Look, I'm sorry about Vi turning up town, but not sorry I shot him. I suspected from the wording of my PM that I was a full Vig and I wanted to know, and Vi was playing scummy to me. How do I base that? I've played with Vi as scum buddies, I've played with Vi with me as scum and him as town, and I've played with Vi as both of us town (and I think both vanilla). I made my case, and my only regret is that it will just make Vi that much more frustrating to play with.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:56 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Alright, I'm going to go back through the questions one at a time.

Don also shot at a town Vi. I think he did it for much the same type of meta reasons that I did. Ben, you said you were going to shoot him regardless. What are you going to do now?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:57 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Going to
unvote
for awhile.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:59 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Also, regarding mod absence, is the deadline still set for dec 07th? I believe that was the date?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:37 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I'm also guessing from Vi's result that there is a random factor to the shooting. I could also have gotten entirely lucky and gotten a random kill shot, but I don't think so.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

ecto wrote:Umm yeah. VP calling me scumbag. I think we'll wait for the results k thx.
And here we are. What I really don't understand is your rational there. Vi had freaking claimed after she thought she was dying, so there was really no reason not to believe her (at least at that point). I also really don't like how you are instantly deflecting towards others now that she flipped.

Did your growing wagon have anything to do with you shooting perchance?

Also, can you link me a game you were in where Vi was town, please.
ecto wrote:Why would I reveal my case to Vi until I had enough of one to lynch? I'm not trying to alter Vi's behaviour, which is what you do when you don't like what someone is doing.
You do realize this game generally works best when players make cases and convince others it is a good case. If the "case" you presented on Vi was as comprehensive as you claim it to be, why wouldn't you just post it and get her lynched? Nothing you have said accurately explains WHY it was necessary to shoot her.
ecto wrote:Well he already shot twice and is out of bullets (at least for today), so he certainly cant shoot you. Your vote is somewhere else, so you don't look to be lynching him. What are you going to do? Wait until tomorrow when he could get another bullet to shoot you? If you don't care about the reveal, then why wait, especially if you are concerned that it could take us to night?

What I'm saying is your actions don't seem to match your convictions, and by waiting you're just gauging the town's reactions to your statement to Don. So either you meant it, and were just taunting Don when you could have waited (what purpose did that serve if his response didnt matter?) So...I can only assume you said it to decide whether town would approve or not. Why do you care? If he's scum, shoot him!
^Fearmongering....why the frak are people not lynching ecto?
don wrote:ecto has posted some thought provoking material recently and has also taken a position regarding vi(by shooting). this reads as possible town to me.
Really? What was thought provoking about it?
porkchop wrote:@VP: In my opinion, Benmage has made a valid point that you aren’t playing as committed a game as expected from TownVP. It has nothing to do with an absence of posting lately, and everything to do with what you have contributed thus far. To portray this as being a case of “VP isn’t doing our work for us” is completely sidestepping the issue. Sorry if it is frustrating, but the quality of your play (here and elsewhere) is responsible.
It isn't sidestepping the issue at all, because that is the exact accusation that is being made--that I'm somehow not living up to some perceived awesomeness I have as town (which probably isn't true in the first place) and therefore I'm scum. Like I said, I had something like five days in this game before I went V/LA....it's a ridiculous point to be making.
porkchop wrote:What I find compelling (enough to unvote him since he demonstrated some pro-town play there, though subsequent posts have been a little disheartening) about Ben’s PBPA is that he’s identified you as attacking him for something that you yourself are guilty of. Laying aside the nm8 issue, which Bm deserved to be scrutinised for (despite what he says).
Why are you laying it aside? Seems fairly relevant to me.
porkchop wrote:Your initial argument is that he joins wagons without original thought (which is an accusation that can be levelled against you in regards to Confid).
Actually, the accusation I made was that he was joining wagons for reasons he did not understand. It would be one thing for him to not express original thought, but to join them and not actually understand WHY people are voting on that wagon is very scummy. It is not the same accusation he levelled against me in the least.
porkchop wrote:What do you make of Ecto’s shooting?
Hmmm....what do you make of my vote on Ecto and calling him a scumbag?
Porkchop wrote:I’m thinking it might be a good idea to shoot, or lynch, Ecto at this point. I’m not against his case on Vi but his claim is a little troubling. I have a feeling that if scum can daykill they wouldn’t be bad shots and his claim could be cover for that.
I can't make heads or tails of this. So, you think he made a good case, but his claim is enough to kill him on? wtf. Also, this is well before Vi's alignment has been revealed. If you thought it was a case you at least weren't against (which is horribly vague), then why would you not want to see Vi's alignment first?
ben wrote:And the comments towards VPB are dead on.
:roll: play better if you're town...seriously. Your critical thinking skills this game are very dismal.

@Porkchop-who the hell do you think is scum? I haven't seen much of anything from you that couldn't be considered poking and prodding from the sidelines. I have been holding back on you for a bit because I know you're a good town player, but posts like 468 seem to come up frequently from you this game.
Confid wrote:Vi's flip should be interesting, but it makes me pretty ticked seeing as I revealed myself only to have her shot again.
And what have you learned now?
ecto wrote:Soldier bitch.
You realize this has no bearing on your alignment, right?
ecto wrote:Don also shot at a town Vi. I think he did it for much the same type of meta reasons that I did. Ben, you said you were going to shoot him regardless. What are you going to do now?
^More fearmongering and encouraging others to shoot.
ecto wrote:Going to unvote for awhile.
Reasoning? Also, who were you voting? I don't see you on the votecount last page.

Ok, fully caught up and definitely think my scum list is very much correct. Ecto goes first.

Sorry for the mega post, but I had a few days to catch up on. Fully here now and I'm ready to win this game so ben can stop his bellyaching.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:43 am

Post by don_johnson »

vp: don't be an ass. that quote was from three pages ago. i referenced ecto's quote before that post. your question is stupid. his post was good and "thought provoking". asking "what is thought provoking about it?" is like me saying the sky is blue, and you saying, "what is blue about it?"

ecto: let's lynch confid. i don't understand why he thinks vi's flip would be any more "interesting" after he used his healing powers to save vi in the first place. on top of that his play has been horrible and his tremendous overreaction to the simple one word question "why?" was downright laughable. if not confid, then who? my second choice would be benmage with vp knocking on the door.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

dj wrote:vp: don't be an ass. that quote was from three pages ago. i referenced ecto's quote before that post. your question is stupid. his post was good and "thought provoking". asking "what is thought provoking about it?" is like me saying the sky is blue, and you saying, "what is blue about it?"
No, it's not actually. I want you to elaborate because I very much disagree with your assessment of it. Tell me specifically which points he made that you felt were "thought provoking".
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:54 am

Post by don_johnson »

Ectomancer wrote: Well he already shot twice and is out of bullets (at least for today), so he certainly cant shoot you. Your vote is somewhere else, so you don't look to be lynching him. What are you going to do? Wait until tomorrow when he could get another bullet to shoot you? If you don't care about the reveal, then why wait, especially if you are concerned that it could take us to night?
^^ this.
ecto wrote:What I'm saying is your actions don't seem to match your convictions, and by waiting you're just gauging the town's reactions to your statement to Don.
^^ this.
ecto wrote: So either you meant it, and were just taunting Don when you could have waited (what purpose did that serve if his response didnt matter?)
^^ and this.
ecto wrote: So...I can only assume you said it to decide whether town would approve or not. Why do you care? If he's scum, shoot him!
^^ and of course this. all are very good points. in other words:

post 4fucking45. the one i already referenced 3 pages ago. any actual questions from you or are you just going to stall the day away with fluff?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Benmage »

Ectomancer wrote:Ben, you said you were going to shoot him regardless. What are you going to do now?
That was only when i thought he was absolutely shooting me. I'd much rather lynch him.

Did he really just vote ConA? *boggle*
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Benmage »

VP Baltar wrote:
porkchop wrote:Your initial argument is that he joins wagons without original thought (which is an accusation that can be levelled against you in regards to Confid).
Actually, the accusation I made was that he was joining wagons for reasons he did not understand. It would be one thing for him to not express original thought, but to join them and not actually understand WHY people are voting on that wagon is very scummy. It is not the same accusation he levelled against me in the least.
This is simply false. How can you say i didnt examine the Con wagon. Fully grasp it and his play on all levels, and acknowledge the reasoning for my vote. God your vote is even worse.
VP Baltar wrote:
ben wrote:And the comments towards VPB are dead on.
:roll: play better if you're town...seriously. Your critical thinking skills this game are very dismal.
:roll: Pork summed up exactly what happened this game between you and me, and my sentiments. Sorry if others think you're playing not to your potential. (Dont mean to for you to take it personally if you are, i just seen you pay better.) Why aren't you? I must ask myself this...and the conclusion i see...is scum.
VP Baltar wrote: ben can stop his bellyaching.
:P
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:31 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Official Vote Count!

*Ectomancer 3 (pwnz, Amished, VP Baltar)
don_johnson 2 (ConfidAnon, d3x)
Benmage 1 (Nachomamma8)
Amished 1 (Sotty)
VP Baltar 1 (Benmage)
ConfidAnon 1 (don_johnson)

Not voting:
PorkchopExpress, Ectomancer

The last vote count got messed up so please disregarde it. This is the count from my post on page 17 to here. Oh and anyone who points out my vote count mishaps via PM will get my gratitide...hehehe!
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Ectomancer »

VP Baltar wrote:
ecto wrote:Umm yeah. VP calling me scumbag. I think we'll wait for the results k thx.
And here we are. What I really don't understand is your rational there. Vi had freaking claimed after she thought she was dying, so there was really no reason not to believe her (at least at that point). I also really don't like how you are instantly deflecting towards others now that she flipped.

Did your growing wagon have anything to do with you shooting perchance?

Also, can you link me a game you were in where Vi was town, please.
You take your lumps and move on. I'm sure you can find a game where Vi is town. Did you mean the one where Vi is town and I'm playing too? Or what? If so, why wouldn't you also want the ones where Vi is scum since a comprehensive meta would be what you want?
VP Baltar wrote:
ecto wrote:Why would I reveal my case to Vi until I had enough of one to lynch? I'm not trying to alter Vi's behaviour, which is what you do when you don't like what someone is doing.
You do realize this game generally works best when players make cases and convince others it is a good case. If the "case" you presented on Vi was as comprehensive as you claim it to be, why wouldn't you just post it and get her lynched? Nothing you have said accurately explains WHY it was necessary to shoot her.
Yes, post a case of actions she has yet to make, that makes a lot of sense, doesnt it? What you are demanding is that you instantly leap on anyone doing anything suspicious the very instant they do it. Play your own game of mafia. I'm going to feed them the rope and then hang them with it once it gets long enough and not before.
VP Baltar wrote:
ecto wrote:Well he already shot twice and is out of bullets (at least for today), so he certainly cant shoot you. Your vote is somewhere else, so you don't look to be lynching him. What are you going to do? Wait until tomorrow when he could get another bullet to shoot you? If you don't care about the reveal, then why wait, especially if you are concerned that it could take us to night?

What I'm saying is your actions don't seem to match your convictions, and by waiting you're just gauging the town's reactions to your statement to Don. So either you meant it, and were just taunting Don when you could have waited (what purpose did that serve if his response didnt matter?) So...I can only assume you said it to decide whether town would approve or not. Why do you care? If he's scum, shoot him!
^Fearmongering....why the frak are people not lynching ecto?
Fearmongering? I believe its called holding people to their stated convictions.
VP Baltar wrote:
don wrote:ecto has posted some thought provoking material recently and has also taken a position regarding vi(by shooting). this reads as possible town to me.
Really? What was thought provoking about it?
To the non-biased? Plenty.

Yes, I realize my claim doesn't actually mean anything other than I told the truth. I also realize that after I argued against lynching a 3rd party early in the game that I could have been prepping my own defense, and I also realize that the rational used to say that Don shooting when he did means he likely isn't scum would be a good inspiration for deciding to shoot as an (SK?) 3rd party and hope for similiar bias towards me. Well, no to put it bluntly. But yes, I realize wine is flowing.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Ectomancer »

don_johnson wrote:ecto: let's lynch confid. i don't understand why he thinks vi's flip would be any more "interesting" after he used his healing powers to save vi in the first place. on top of that his play has been horrible and his tremendous overreaction to the simple one word question "why?" was downright laughable. if not confid, then who? my second choice would be benmage with vp knocking on the door.
I'd prefer to keep him around until it becomes clear we need to look under that rock. For me, VP looks way to much like he knew Vi was town before he flipped.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Ectomancer »

VP Baltar wrote:Nothing you have said accurately explains WHY it was necessary to shoot her.
I don't think I answered this adequately. Why? Because I
believe
what I'm telling Ben. if you think someone is scum, then shoot them.
I know that is practically a taunt to you to shoot me, but I will offer one word there, you have at least got to believe that I do not possess a night kill and having none, at the worst I lend a number against any players that
do
have a night kill. I am however as I say, a retired soldier trying to live here peacefully. I will venture that I will do my utmost
not
to shoot tomorrow in order to at least prove that I am not compulsive.
Does that satisfy you for today?

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:28 am

Post by d3x »

Ecto wrote:VP looks way to much like he knew Vi was town before he flipped.
This came out of no where. Is this a general feeling you're getting or based on something specific? If it is the later, please link to the posts.

GTKAS - d3x

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”