malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:45 am

Post by malthusis »

Edward Smilie didn't give me his password, so the new replacement has a new account called Orski Pavlov. He should be posting shortly....
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Andrew Lemarchand »

Since he no longer exists,
Unvote: Edward Smilie

@ Emile - So you think that at least one of myself, Igor and Stuart is scum? Which one and why?

And as far as the whole Stuart thing goes, I have to kinda agree with Leon because this seems like almost too easy of a lynch. Is it possible that Stuart is a stupid scum who thought he could get away with a baseless vote and a continued defense of said vote? I guess, but it doesn't seem all that likely. Granted, his actions up to now have been 100% anti-town but I'm not sure that they're necessarily scummy. Call me a fencesitter if you must, but I am uncomfortable with the Stuart lynch right now.
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Stuart wrote:Or explaining votes is anti-town.
No... No it is not. If you can tell me how it is anti-town I will lay off you for the vote but it is not anti-town unless under extreme circumstances. And besides, if the town was to not explain any of their votes how would we get any new veiws and matters. people can't even defend themselves if they don't know what they're being voted for. Emile is not going to get lynched unless they have reasons.
Stuart wrote:This is fail logic. If you lynch me now then that is 1 more mislynch = it wouldn't be lylo but simply already lost.
We're going to lose if we lynch you? Unless you can prove that you're not scum there is no point to this.
Stuart wrote:Might get around to it, might not. See how the game goes.
Holy... um, why don't you just tell us? It is anti town to not tell us you know...
Claude wrote:@Jamie: looks like you are fishing for Stuart's role in post 109:
That post was just to show him how rediculous it was to not explain his vote. I wasn't trying to rolefish. in fact, I think the only way that could truely be considered rolefishing is if he actually is a secret daycop.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Stuart is getting to close to being lynched for me, and I have to say I agree with Andrew.
Unvote
for now.

Stuart is being exceedingly scummy, and I'm starting to think he's either the ballsiest scum player I've ever seen, or town with some weird agenda.
Note: Stuart could be a jester, or some similar theme role who somehow benefits from being lynched.
I have absolutely no reason to think you're town, but I'm not prepared to lynch anyone yet, and I feel like I'm tunneling at the moment.

@Stuart - Ok, I asked this of someone earlier and got eyed down for it, but have you actually played before? On this site?

Just a reminder, a prerequisite for joining this game was that each player had at least played one game...

I'll be more than happy to lynch you though if you keep up this not explaining bull shit until the end of the day.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Takes about 5 minutes to check that everyone has.
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

:sighs at Stuart:

Obviously you've read my post due to you posting after me and I still haven't got an answer. My questions for you:

1. Why did you vote Emile other than the reason "Smells like scum"?
2. Why can't/couldn't you explain your vote on Emile?

These are both serious questions and I don't want a "I'll get around to it later maybe" Unless you have a reason not to (Such as RL issues, being busy etc.)

Right now Stuart seems to just be stalling at this point. And I see the point that he could be a jester or something but I'm willing to keep my vote on for a bit longer until I get an answer from him.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Stuart Whyte wrote:I've been avoiding answering that question for two reasons; 1 It would be a lot of work to formulate an articulate post explaining why and 2 I don't see it achieving anything except derailing the game in to heavy heavy theory talk. For now I don't really care if you believe its pro or anti-town. What's important when determining my alignment is what I believe. You are basically left with two options: I believe what I'm saying and am any alignment, or I don't believe what Im saying and am scum. If everyone promises to only use the reasons I post to judge my sincerity instead of arguing about it for pages then I will try and over come point 1, but atm I'm pretty sure its just going to degenerate in to the latter.
Also, playing around jesters is bad play. Of the many reasons not to lynch me that shouldn't be one.
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:53 pm

Other than you smell like town and Emile smells like scum, what are these many reasons you speak of?
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Andrew Lemarchand wrote:Other than you smell like town and Emile smells like scum, what are these many reasons you speak of?
You forgot that I'm awesome as well.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Spencer Remmington wrote:Yes, English is my first language. Go ahead and tell me in detail where exactly I'm wrong. I've really been wanting to hear what you think anyway, so please, say something useful.
let me stop you right here. That wasn't his argument.
Then what was his argument? You didn't even provide an alternative interpretation of his argument, you just said "No it isn't."
I wasn't saying everyone would actually use a random vote, I was using it as a thought experiment to show why random votes are anti town.
This still makes it a hypothetical that's removed from reality. I went back and read the quote in full.

-He said that unless everyone decide before the game to make it completely random, there would be a scummy vote, or a serious vote.
-You said that if everyone decided before the game that they would only use a random vote, then there would be no scummy or serious vote.

It fails to undermine it because it's premised on a very unlikely hypothetical.
If you lynch me now then that is 1 more mislynch = it wouldn't be lylo but simply already lost.
Except this assumes both that you're town and that lynching you doesn't allow us to find scum any sooner than lynching anybody else. And that's not even considering that apparent presupposition that you'd even make it to lylo in the first place.
So you admit I'm town then?
I never said you were town. I just said no one trusts you because you try to avoid saying things that would let us judge you.

I'd like to hear more from Leon about what he thinks on the people on the bandwagon if he thinks there's scum gunning after Stuart. It's a fairly easy wagon to jump on, I'll admit, but I don't like how he completely waffled in 100.
I didnt have time to respond to this when I first saw it then forgot about it.

I don't think I can properly communicate with you. I don't know what else to say. Perhaps its my english thats flawed, but we aren't speaking the same language.
Igor Schultz
Igor Schultz
Townie
Igor Schultz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Igor Schultz »

BULL SHIT, ALL BULL SHIT! Answer Jaime's question.
I don't think that there is a jester. I know this because I have played x-com and there is no place in that game for people wanting to die. No kamakaze or anything of that nature.
keep vote on white.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Igor Schultz wrote:BULL SHIT, ALL BULL SHIT! Answer Jaime's question.
I don't think that there is a jester. I know this because I have played x-com and there is no place in that game for people wanting to die. No kamakaze or anything of that nature.
keep vote on white.
I have responded to his question even if I haven't answered it. I want feed back from the previously qouted portion before I go further with it.
Tracey Morris
Tracey Morris
Townie
Tracey Morris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Tracey Morris »

Stuart Whyte wrote:I have responded to his question even if I haven't answered it.
Oh okay. This is a good thing to remember. If someone asks me a question all I have to do is respond and that is sufficient even if I don't answer the question. Note to self: next time I am scum and get questioned, I'll just say "Nice weather today" below the quoted question. /sarcasm.
Stuart Whyte wrote:I want feed back from the previously qouted portion before I go further with it.
I don't even know what you want feedback on since your posts are riddled with incomprehensible nonsense. Who do you want feedback from? What specifically do you want feedback on?
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Igor wrote:BULL SHIT, ALL BULL SHIT! Answer Jaime's question.
keep vote on white.
I suppose that's good enough for me. If lynching him isn't going to kill us then I'm willing to put my vote back for now.
Vote:Stuart White.

My biggest concern here is that his being blatantly anti-town, and refusing to back down from it, even when directly and repeatedly questioned, makes him a potentially fatal liability.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

@mod - When the game is over, can I keep the account? I like the name.

Sure, do whatever you like...

But this also brings up a major point I've meaning to mention to you all: Do you want your actual accounts revealed? I personally don't think it has any bearing on the game (and don't just reply to this "Oh, well it's important because we can narrow down who's playing each alt", because that's really against the spirit of the game) so I feel I can leave it up to you. Vote Reveal or Vote Not Reveal, and whatever gets a majority vote, will be enforced for the rest of the game...
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Tracey Morris wrote:
Stuart Whyte wrote:I have responded to his question even if I haven't answered it.
Oh okay. This is a good thing to remember. If someone asks me a question all I have to do is respond and that is sufficient even if I don't answer the question. Note to self: next time I am scum and get questioned, I'll just say "Nice weather today" below the quoted question. /sarcasm.
Stuart Whyte wrote:I want feed back from the previously qouted portion before I go further with it.
I don't even know what you want feedback on since your posts are riddled with incomprehensible nonsense. Who do you want feedback from? What specifically do you want feedback on?
That's not really fair. I didn't answer his question but what I said was relevant to it. Not all questions should be answered mindlessly.
Stuart Whyte wrote:I've been avoiding answering that question for two reasons; 1 It would be a lot of work to formulate an articulate post explaining why and 2 I don't see it achieving anything except derailing the game in to heavy heavy theory talk. For now I don't really care if you believe its pro or anti-town. What's important when determining my alignment is what I believe. You are basically left with two options: I believe what I'm saying and am any alignment, or I don't believe what Im saying and am scum.
If everyone promises to only use the reasons I post to judge my sincerity instead of arguing about it for pages then I will try and over come point 1
, but atm I'm pretty sure its just going to degenerate in to the latter.
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:11 pm

Gerhard wrote:I suppose that's good enough for me. If lynching him isn't going to kill us then I'm willing to put my vote back for now.
Just because there's no obvious jester roles in X-Com doesn't mean that the mod hasn't been able to manufacture one. It lessens the possibility that a jester exists but it does not eliminate it.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Andrew Lemarchand wrote:
Gerhard wrote:I suppose that's good enough for me. If lynching him isn't going to kill us then I'm willing to put my vote back for now.
Just because there's no obvious jester roles in X-Com doesn't mean that the mod hasn't been able to manufacture one. It lessens the possibility that a jester exists but it does not eliminate it.
Jesters should never be in games. Never. Never. Also I'm not one. Proper way to handle jesters is to forget they exist and get burned like 1/20 games. The effect it has on your scum hunting is too great in the other 19 to do anything else.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Isn't a jester a town role? Or is it indy?

Also Stuart, why aren't you defending yourself? You've essentially said "this is what I'm doing, so suck it," and right now it looks like you're going to get lynched for doing it. You can be right in your own mind all you want, but that isn't going to translate to the rest of us.

You've said that you trust the town, but how do expect us to effectively scum hunt with this issue staring everyone in the face, and giving the scum the easiest thing ever to hide behind?
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Stuart wrote:I have responded to his question even if I haven't answered it. I want feed back from the previously qouted portion before I go further with it.
what do you want feed back on? Why can't you give me a straight answer?
stuart wrote:That's not really fair. I didn't answer his question but what I said was relevant to it. Not all questions should be answered mindlessly.
I'm assuming the bolded part is what you want me to answer isn't it? I do not like that part and I do not know why I didn't comment on it sooner. Sure, let's just talk about what you're giving us especially if what you're not giving us is equally if not more important.
Gerhard wrote:Isn't a jester a town role? Or is it indy?
A jester is a third pary role that wins if they get lynched. It's kind of like the Sarah Palin of the mafa world.

Stuart, all we want is for you to tell us why you're voting emile or at least why you can't tell us. Is that too hard to ask?
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

I am defending myself.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Jaime Marcelle wrote:
Stuart wrote:I have responded to his question even if I haven't answered it. I want feed back from the previously qouted portion before I go further with it.
what do you want feed back on? Why can't you give me a straight answer?
stuart wrote:That's not really fair. I didn't answer his question but what I said was relevant to it. Not all questions should be answered mindlessly.
I'm assuming the bolded part is what you want me to answer isn't it? I do not like that part and I do not know why I didn't comment on it sooner. Sure, let's just talk about what you're giving us especially if what you're not giving us is equally if not more important.
Gerhard wrote:Isn't a jester a town role? Or is it indy?
A jester is a third pary role that wins if they get lynched. It's kind of like the Sarah Palin of the mafa world.

Stuart, all we want is for you to tell us why you're voting emile or at least why you can't tell us. Is that too hard to ask?
I'm convinced people aren't actually reading the thread. I have no intention of explaining why I'm voting emile while the game is still running. My condition for explaining why I wont is that everyone agrees to use my reasons as a measure of sincerity instead of arguing over their validity for pages and pages.

I don't even know what your point addressing the bolded part is saying.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Ok, so now you're putting conditions on whether or not you'll tell us anything. Normally I'd lose my mind over that, but at least we're getting somewhere.

I hereby
agree
not to debate the validity of whatever reason Stuart posts for more than a page, but reserve the right to bring it up later in the day if I deem it relevant.

Is that good enough for you?
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Gerhard Krause wrote:Ok, so now you're putting conditions on whether or not you'll tell us anything. Normally I'd lose my mind over that, but at least we're getting somewhere.

I hereby
agree
not to debate the validity of whatever reason Stuart posts for more than a page, but reserve the right to bring it up later in the day if I deem it relevant.

Is that good enough for you?
What do you hope to gain by debating the validity at all?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by malthusis »

For all the non X-COM players (shame on you! :P) and players who are bit rusty on everything in the X-COM universe, here is a site that outlines it all: http://www.xcomufo.com/

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”