cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by cruelty »

Foilist.

1: You attacked me for having opinions over things the two of you said. Facts. That's an absolutely ridiculous stance to take - my factual based arguments are somehow lessened because they're based on fact? Whatever, I don't really need to discuss how retarded a point this is.

2: I'm looking for things that are scummy. Correct. I'm not trying to make anything look scummy, I'm trying to articulate why I think certain things people have said are scummy.

3: Convenient like your Sociopath vote? Like your attack on me? The thing you keep overlooking is
I have been suspicious of the two of you the entire game. My suspicion is not one of convenience, I have not budged from it. This is a completely void point

4: Yes I have an issue with your Sociopath vote. Papa Zito articulated it better than I did, see his post.
the nexus of the crisis
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by Benmage »

Vote Count:
cruelty (4) Papa Zito, AlmasterGM, Gammagoey, foilist13
archaebob (1) peanutman

Not Voting:
Archaebob, cruelty, PharieM, Sanjay, MordyS
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:02 am

Post by peanutman »

@MordyS
MordyS-900 wrote:Great. You still haven't explained why you didn't vote for Muffin. Don't worry. I'll wait.
You don't have to believe what I said but I think my previous posts, side by side, will explain why I didn't vote for Muffin.
me-iso29 wrote:I would be open to exploring a Muffin/Sociopath lynch. If PapaZito, you and I all vote for Sociopath, the three wagons are tied at 3 votes each.
I will reread Muffin in iso to determine who's the better "realistic" lynch IMO.(realistic = would garner enough town support (i.e. min. 4 votes) to be lynched).
iso30 wrote: @PhaerieM, will re-read your case on Muffin this evening. However, do you plan on voting before the deadline? There might be support for your suspicion of Muffin given Sociopath's week-long lurking/reading, and your vote would no longer necessarily be for a "third party candidate".
iso32 wrote:I would definitely hammer at this point but will wait for Socio to respond first. My read-through of Muffin didn't change my mind.
And then AGM hammered, before getting any kind of response from Sociopath. To break it down, I wanted to read Muffin in iso, because I felt there was a possibility to stray away from the AGM/Foilist tunnel-lynch, and I therefore unvoted. When I did get my read, Socio was at L-1 and I wanted to give him a chance to speak/claim before hammering. AGM hammered. Hence, my vote was not on the BW.

@PhaerieM
PhaerieM-903 wrote:MordyS's posts just got a lot scummier
Could you explain why?

@Sanjay, regarding my role on the Muffin lynch, I never claimed to have orchestrated it at all but I don't think you can fairly say I had nothing to do with it. PhaerieM was the first to post a credible case, PZ was the first to vote, but I supported his vote on someone other than AGM/Foilist and thereby encouraged the town to look elsewhere (i.e. Muffin/Socio at the time).

@Gammagooey, regarding your list of who I talked about, am I to assume that all other players who haven't questionned/mentionned another player significantly is also a scum-pair? I haven't done it yet, but I'm sure there would be other absences in people's reads and posts. I think it's more interesting to completely ignore someone/something that is on the radar, than to not address something not on it (i.e. Cruelty wasn't really on it Day 1).
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:43 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Oh, this reminds me.
peanutman wrote:My read-through of Muffin didn't change my mind.
What did this mean?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Cruelty - Fine, I have nowhere left to go with this, so I will drop the point for now, however I still feel you are the most informative lynch, as there is not much that can be construed from peanut's flip, and nothing that can be gleaned from AGM's.

The contrast in the game is stark in the absence of Archaebob.

@mod - Please prod Archaebob, I think it's been well over 48 hours, but it was just Thanksgiving, so lets have some leniency in replacing him.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by cruelty »

That's interesting, foilist.

So what you're saying is you can't push a decent case on me, and your main reason for lynching me is information? If that's the case, why are you making no effort to gain that information without the negativity of a potential mislynch? Seems opportunistic and lazy, to be honest.
the nexus of the crisis
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

peanutman wrote:@Gammagooey, regarding your list of who I talked about, am I to assume that all other players who haven't questionned/mentionned another player significantly is also a scum-pair? I haven't done it yet, but I'm sure there would be other absences in people's reads and posts. I think it's more interesting to completely ignore someone/something that is on the radar, than to not address something not on it (i.e. Cruelty wasn't really on it Day 1).
Dumb question is dumb, but I'll answer it anyway.
Of course people not saying/mentioning another player doesn't automatically make them a scum pair. But does a scum pair have a better motive than townies to not mention each other a whole lot? The answer is a definite yes.

Cruelty, you haven't voted yet. Are you waiting for anything in particular?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by Benmage »

archaebob has been prodded.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by cruelty »

Yes, archaebob.
the nexus of the crisis
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:29 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@cruelty- i no longer have any interest in arguing with you. You've made your points and i disagree with you. You have been consistently scummy in more ways than one, by other players than me, yet i seem to be the only one you're interested in arguing with. I feel that you are the best lynch, and so i am voting you. If you are inclined yo convince me personally to shift my vote, then please present me with a better option, because i do not see one, and i don't agree that your reasons for lynching peanut are good enough to out weigh lynching you.

While it is perfectly understandable that you do not want to be lynched, that is nothing more yhan not a scum tell, and is not a basis for you to defend yourself. That leaves us only with your ideas about peanut being scummy, and the info we could get from his lynch, but frankly i think that you are scummier, and there is more to be learned from yours. If you are desperate for a list of reasons why i find you scummy, look back over today, and if you still can't figure it out then ask and i'll list them.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:31 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Sorry about the typos. I'm posting from an iphone and i'm still not used to the keyboard
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:14 am

Post by cruelty »

List them.
the nexus of the crisis
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Sanjay »

Maaaaan, I'm going to be really bummed if archaebob is replaced.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by archaebob »

I'm still here, don't replace me. Like I said, I'm paying attention to another game right now.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by PhaerieM »

for a week?

vote: archaebob

I'll take the vote off if I am given any reason to stop suspecting him, but this is ridiculous.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by archaebob »

yes, PharieM, a week minus all of thxgiving break.

Also known as two days.
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Archaebob - Great, you've been gone, but now you need to be back. If two games is too much for you then replace out of one.

Now that you are back, why don't you give us a list of reads, or a suspect or something?

@Cruelty - I'll list them when I get home. I'm at an airport on an iPhone, which is not conducive to making long posts. Rest assured however that I will give you the case that you deserve.

@Anyone not voting - Why not? Who are your top suspects? Why aren't you voting them?

Voting is the easiest way to get a read on someone, so lets see some of it.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:26 pm

Post by Benmage »

archaebob will continue to play
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:24 am

Post by archaebob »

@ foilist - Replacing out of the other game is not really an option, as I would be pretty much the sixth person to do so. It's an extremely dense piece of work, and is taking quite a bit of time to get the hang of.

I understand if you don't totally appreciate this philosophy, but I generally like to think about what I do before I do it. Sociopath's flip has given us an incredible wealth of information, and I want to have a good handle on it before I post anything. You aren't going to scare me into posting any sooner than that. This is thxgiving break, and my time has been limited by RL, and I'm not going to pretend to suspect someone that I haven't read as thoroughly as I'd like to first.
"Just asking, jeez..."
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:42 am

Post by cruelty »

vote: peanutman

Don't see how waiting for archaebob is beneficial right now, the game has stagnated a bit.
foilist wrote:While it is perfectly understandable that you do not want to be lynched, that is nothing more yhan not a scum tell, and is not a basis for you to defend yourself.
Why would not wanting to be lynched not be a basis to defend yourself? Obviously a mislynch is bad, and scum don't want to be lynched either. You're right in that it's a null tell but regardless of my alignment, self preservation is in the interest of both me and my side.
foilist wrote:That leaves us only with your ideas about peanut being scummy, and the info we could get from his lynch, but frankly i think that you are scummier, and there is more to be learned from yours.
If I flip town, what information do you get?

This is my biggest issue; peanut's lynch will give us information both ways, my lynch is only insightful if I flip scum. If I flip town there's a higher chance that AGM is scum, but given his play so far this game I don't think you could really call that extra information. Aside from that... what?
the nexus of the crisis
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:54 am

Post by archaebob »

cruelty, why don't you suspect/want me lynched anymore?
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Cruelty wrote:Why would not wanting to be lynched not be a basis to defend yourself? Obviously a mislynch is bad, and scum don't want to be lynched either. You're right in that it's a null tell but regardless of my alignment, self preservation is in the interest of both me and my side.
That's why it's a null tell. You can't defend yourself on the basis of a null tell that you brought up. No one is attacking you for it, I'm simply saying you can't defend yourself with it. You not wanting to be lynched is not a reason for me not to want to lynch you.

Now my list of reasons as promised.

1) Yesterday, you failed to do anything other than join existing wagons with bad arguments. See Papa Zito's post, #712 on page 29 for a very nice explanation of this point.

2) In post 885 you deliberately tell people not to analyze you and just take what you said at face value. This goes against the basic concept of the game, and is essentially giving you a free pass to say whatever scummy things you feel like.

3) During that same post you make an extremely scummy stab at me. You listed me greeting Archaebob and Muffin for some reason which you seemed to withhold. I don't know what you meant by it, then you listed three fairly consistent views of peanut by me and listed them as contradiction. The whole post looked to me like scum desperately trying to get attention onto another player he thinks there might be enough steam to lynch.

4) Then you say I was speculating about something and finish by saying you aren't that suspicious of me anymore. Hmm, not really sure what to make of that part, but it feels like throwing out a line and seeing who will bite. If I think about it psychologically i can't see a reason for a town player to make a post like that. You are trying to see what everyone else thinks of a potentially scummy player, not because you think they're scum, but because you think you might be able to get them lynched. I can't prove this part, but it sticks out in my mind.

5) In day one, you stubbornly stuck to your "playing cards close to your chest," and then revealed that you just didn't have any information worth posting. That feels like either scum trying to get by without posting, or disinterested town.

6)
Gammagooey wrote: Cruelty didn't contribute much at all yesterday, didn't mention Muffin/Socio until very late in the game, and similar to peanutman is pushing on archae who I think just made a townie mistake (reasoning was a few posts back if you want it). In addition, he's still stating that foilist is scummy even though Socio's flip makes him just about as confirmed as a village idiot as he can get. He also has inconsistancies in his reasoning for being irritated at AGM and changing from not wanting to lynch AGM yesterday to wanting him lynched now.

I will vote for any of these three dudes. However, if cruelty is scum I think AGM looks a hell of a lot better given my bussing is suicide theory, making peanutman the last maf in my eyes (doesn't work the other way around:if peanut is scum, either Al or cruelty could be the last maf). I'm thinking cruelty gives us the most info from the lynch and has a high chance of lynching ze scum.
Vote:cruelty
I like this reason, and I don't feel entitled to rephrasing it and taking credit for it. This is the information part.

7) Later you make a ridiculous argument about whether or not your arguments were factual. Either you deliberately misread what I was writing or you're at about third grade literacy.

8) In post 923
Cruelty wrote: I'm going to throw out peanut as the better lynch - even though I'm not entirely sold on the idea of him as mafia (although I do understand the cases being made) I'm willing to get behind his lynch for two reasons - one is obviously to save myself, and the other is I think we'll get genuine information from it. Firstly, as someone said earlier, cruelty/peanut scumteam + bussing at this point = suicide, so I think that by pushing this lynch I can effectively clear myself regardless of his flip. Secondly, if he flips town then we learn that there is a much more devious player at work here - I highly doubt anyone seriously considers an AGM/cruelty or foilist/cruelty scumteam, so regardless of how I look in a peanut-town flip, it becomes obvious that there is another, more dangerous (and possibly already cleared) player out there. I realise that's a fairly bold swing to make and yeah, WIFOM laden, but I can't see a better way out for both myself and for town.
Here you are not acting pro-town, you are acting pro-self. You are posting from a standpoint that it is unacceptable for you to be lynched. If you think the town would get definite info on who "X" scum is by you being lynched, then the pro-town thing to do would be to make sure the town gets as much damn information from your lynch as possible, or find scum. Your reasoning is that "I know I'm not scum, so me being lynched is anti-town and I can't allow it. So anyone's lynch is preferable to mine because there is a chance they could be scum, but there I know that there is no chance I'm scum." This is not unreasonable, but if you being lynched gives us good info on who a scum player is then being a martyr would actually be pro-town so long as you help the town as much as possible. You don't have to survive to win.

I'll buy your Peanut vote though, as from your point of view that is what it makes sense to do.

My case is not a solid as I had thought it would be, but I fail to find another player who is scummier, and whose lynch will provide more information, but I would be glad to be proven wrong.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by MordyS »

Vote: Peanutman

I trust my gut feelings. Also, did PhaerieM ever explain why he was getting a scumvibe from me? And did Peanut ever give a good explanation for why he didn't vote for Muffin when he made his initial suggestion to wagon him? (Let's 3 of us vote for him and he'll be tied with the other wagons -- oh, you two vote. I'll vote later.)
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by cruelty »

1: I think I made two votes yesterday, archaebob and you. I didn't budge from you at all. You can make of that what you will, but if we're getting into bandwagon hopping them I suggest you invest in a mirror. Specifically, I'll refer readers to foilist's Sociopath vote.

2: I said one specific thing I said was intended as nothing more than exactly what it looked like. The original quote was probably a dumb thing to say on this site, but it is what it is. But I'm not going to be drawn into a battle over this again.

3: It was a joke. Hence me following it with "Seriously though". Ridiculous point to make, clutching at straws methinks. Although your reaction, hmm...

4: I didn't say I wasn't that suspicious of you, I said I wasn't AS suspicious of you. There's a big (and important) difference.

5: Scum or disinterested town huh. You can't even make your own mind up on this. Actually reads like you're reconsidering your stance at this point.

6: You like it because it clears you. I'll also note that GG only states there's information from a cruelty scumflip. He doesn't even mention what happens if I flip town.

7: Not sure what you mean, quote it.

8: If I'm town, then acting to save myself is inherently pro-town. I don't think the town will get any (extra) info on who is scum from my town flip. I've been over this at length and I find it amusing that
you're
criticising
my
reading skills. Again, what information does a cruelty townflip give you?

Your case isn't solid at all. It's based on hopeful speculation about my flip and the possible information you'll get, a little anger that I'm still suspicious of you and dubious interpretations of my posts. This isn't a case, this is you reading what others have written and trying to paraphrase it with a little personal angst thrown in.

You fail to find another player who is scummier because you're horribly tunneled on me. This wouldn't be the case if you took the time to read through the thread and form your own opinions rather than relying on what others are saying. This can be your homework, for now class is dismissed.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by cruelty »

Sorry for the double post, just noticed this.
archaebob wrote:cruelty, why don't you suspect/want me lynched anymore?
I haven't forgotten about you, I just don't see the point of pursuing you when you're not active.
the nexus of the crisis

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”