Mini 199 - Time Travel Mafia, Game Over!

Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:43 am

Post by Gaspode »

Wow. A lot has happened.

The claim kind of threw me for a loop. I'm not sure what to think. It could be a scum ploy to draw out another claim, but it could be legit. He has been acting weird all game, and I kind of got more of a scummy feeling than a doc feeling, but you never know--they can be very similar.

I'd be interested to find out more about Stoofer's time fuel and other specifics of his role if there are any (is there time travel at all, is it just a basic backup doc, etc.).

I think SO's latest post reeks of CrapLogic and scumminess. I don't have time to explain now (dinnertime), but I will in my next post if anyone wants me to.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:55 pm

Post by Nox »

Yeah. That's
my
''scumdar'' beeping.

There can be more than one back-up docs, can there?
What better than to claim back up doc if one was scum? We know if he's scum that he'll show up as non-townie when lynched; He was obviously going to claim something else. Claiming doc would put the real doc against him right off the bat, so like the others, I'd like to have more details about his time fuel, etc. In my opinion, Stoofer's claim seems more like scum trying to cover himself up.

I don't think this is a scum ploy to draw another claim, more like a scum ploy to save its sorry life from getting lynched.
Nocturne is, most obviously, NOT sleeping.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:04 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Nox wrote:Yeah. That's
my
''scumdar'' beeping.

There can be more than one back-up docs, can there?
What better than to claim back up doc if one was scum? We know if he's scum that he'll show up as non-townie when lynched; He was obviously going to claim something else. Claiming doc would put the real doc against him right off the bat, so like the others, I'd like to have more details about his time fuel, etc. In my opinion, Stoofer's claim seems more like scum trying to cover himself up.

I don't think this is a scum ploy to draw another claim, more like a scum ploy to save its sorry life from getting lynched.
Sums up my thoughts quite perfectly; perhaps Stoofer had that plan from the beginning if he knew he was going to be suspicious to act like he was the backup doc all the time and then if he got put in the spot he could say, "No guys, I'm really the backup doc! I hinted at it!"

My vote stands.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:32 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

Wow, what are the odds? The guy acting scummy ends up having a role that not only can't be proven (doc), but one that can't even do anything (back-up). And we'll never know if he is ever doing anything since we won't know when/if the real doc dies. Just seems too perfect.

However, since there was a back-up doc in the previous game (right? I should re-read that again), it is
possible
. Of course, that would also make it easy for him to pick that claim as it would be the easiest to fake.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:55 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

See: I told you that you wouldn't believe me. :(

I have no time fuel - my PM makes it pretty clear that I would "inherit" the doc's fuel.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:13 am

Post by mole »

On second thoughts, you probably can't do what I thought you could after all. You're really not much use to us out in the open either... damn.

It is possible to test your claim, I guess, since we can get you to burn some timefuel and revive someone, but it requires you to have a power to test... and I don't think you'll survive that long.
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:57 am

Post by Someone »

N_lich wrote:
1. Good point, but it dosn't make 2 groups a given at all. The fact that multiple killers is a possibility combined with time travel somewhat negates this. Furthermore, there are these things called lynches.

2. Is this a claim or not?
1. Why not? Do you agree or dissagree with this statement: If there is only one mafia group, everyone who is killed by them are innocent.

2. Semi-claim.

It's too late anyways. There's not enough time. The backup doc not very useful after he's outed, and the deadline's tomorrow, so we have to lynch.

If the next person to see this is SO, please unvote me and vote Mr. Stoofer. If either Mr.Stoofer or Speedy log on next, then please unvote SO, and vote me. If somebody not voting logs on, vote stoofer. And everyone PM mathcam for a deadline extension.

If Mr.stoofer or Speedy gets on to change their votes, SO should not unvote.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:59 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Yeah, I see why. Okay... doesn't mean I don't suspect you still, though.
Unvote: Someone, Vote:Mr Stoofer

And,
Someone wrote:1. Why not? Do you agree or dissagree with this statement: If there is only one mafia group, everyone who is killed by them are innocent.
What about possible protown killing groups? That'd mean we've only got one 'evil' group, per se, but we could still have (hopefully) scum nightkilled.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:50 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

:cry:
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:10 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Now that we're at 5/2 I'll sit on my vote.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:35 am

Post by mathcam »

Official End-Of-Day Vote Count:

Stoofer (5, Nox, Someone, Quagmire, Fishbulb, SinisterOverlord)
SinisterOverlord (2, Speedy, Stoofer)
Not Voting: Changling bob, Gaspode, N_lich, mole

And with that, Night 2 begins.
Mr. Stoofer (non-townie)
, has been lynched.

Get the night choices in by the end of Monday. This is not a strict deadline, but long nights cause the game to stagnate, so try not to take too long.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:28 pm

Post by mathcam »

The following is your new history, as has now been updated in the front post.

Night 1

You awake to find that EmpTyger (non-townie) has been killed.
You awake to find that Quagmire (non-townie) has been killed.

Day 1

You lynch Mr. Stoofer (non-townie).

Night 2

No one dies. Phew!

There are 9 alive. Deadline in 10 days.

Cam
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:12 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Hm, so in our new timeline, yesterday's vote was 4 to 2. Looks like scum decided to forgo a kill tonight to go back and get Quagmire night one, but why?
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:47 am

Mm. Two things spring to mind... one, only one kill again... I wouldn't go so far as to say as we've only got one killing group just yet, but if one or two more nights go by with only one kill...

And two, as SpeedyKQ said, why Quagmire? Only thing I can think of is that Mr Stoofer is scum as we surmised, and they're trying to revive him by killing off all who voted for him before the vote happened? Such a plan would only be good for endgaming us, as if this happened and we weren't endgamed we'd just lynch him again...

Hmmm.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:46 am

Post by Changling bob »

Just doing some brief analysis of Quagmire:

He had joint lowest number of posts.
He voiced suspiscions on Someone, including a vote at one point
He voted for Mr Stoofer at the end of the day.

Not a lot to go on really. Stoofer died, although as noted the ressurection possibility exists. Another possiblity is that Someone is scum, but there are others who voiced stronger suspicions. He could have been killed because he lurked, but I don't know why that would really help scum, when a more prolific poster could be eliminated, to increase their chances.

SO: re revival: It could be WIFOM (if I get that concept right of course :P). If Mr Stoofer is revived, he could be scum being revived, or he could be townie revived by scum so he's lynched again, or he could be scum banking on us thinking the second, repeat ad nauseum...
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:20 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Interesting night. Somewhat good in the fact that we have only one death yet again, but bad in that the Day 1 vote count is possibly within reach of time travel manipulation (and obviously Quag's death).

This could mean we only have one killing group, but we shouldn't rule out other possibilities, as somebody could be stacking up kills for night three or four, or docs/townies could have gotten lucky. I would actually be surprised if there were only one killing group in this game, but things are looking better.

I originally thought Quag was somewhat suspicious, but the fact that he's now dead puts the odds more in favor of his innocence.

I'd comment on suspicions from yesterday, but there's a severe thunderstorm warning here and I have to shut down my PC.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:26 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I'm not sure what to make on Quagmire's death, either.

As for suspicions, well, I stand by my comments on Changling bob. Unfortunately, we don't know if we were right on Mr Stoofer or not, but either way I still think it is odd for someone to come to another player's defense four times, yet not help anyone else. There's definitely a connection between the two players, or at least from Changling bob's side (Mr Stoofer seemed to ignore the whole thing).
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:16 am

Post by mole »

The most likely explanation I can come up with for Quag's death was that they picked him to deny us information and leave us blind for another day. And then they got lucky and he turned out to be non-townie.

I don't think the "revive Stoofer" theory is true--killing three people on Night 1 just because of the way they voted seems like a waste of time fuel, and it's too easy for the town to prevent.
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:08 pm

Post by N_lich »

mole wrote:The most likely explanation I can come up with for Quag's death was that they picked him to deny us information and leave us blind for another day. And then they got lucky and he turned out to be non-townie.

I don't think the "revive Stoofer" theory is true--killing three people on Night 1 just because of the way they voted seems like a waste of time fuel, and it's too easy for the town to prevent.
Yep, this was pretty close to my thoughts.
fishbulb wrote:I'm not sure what to make on Quagmire's death, either.

As for suspicions, well, I stand by my comments on Changling bob. Unfortunately, we don't know if we were right on Mr Stoofer or not, but either way I still think it is odd for someone to come to another player's defense four times, yet not help anyone else. There's definitely a connection between the two players, or at least from Changling bob's side (Mr Stoofer seemed to ignore the whole thing).
*shrug*

Looking back at bob's posts I can't say that this really jumps out at me(I also only come up with 3 occasions). Having said that, you still do have a point. What I did find more interesting is the argument he had with Stoofer re:Mathcam's previous time travel game. I didn't think it rang particularly true.

Therefore
FOS: Changling_bob

P.S @Somone: Do you still feel justified in assuming the presence of multiple killing groups?
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:51 am

Post by Someone »

*bump*

Hello?

I must admit, it's looking pretty bad for my multiple-killing groups therorem, but I maintain that it would be an easy town win if there was only one. Although, we can't rule out the presence of a cult.

I'm really in the dark about why scum would kill quagmire. Perhaps they picked up a tell?

I'm gone until monday-ish, so don't lynch me while I'm away.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:22 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Someone wrote:I must admit, it's looking pretty bad for my multiple-killing groups therorem, but I maintain that it would be an easy town win if there was only one.
I disagree on two counts. There could still easily be more than one killing group, between doc protection and future-kills. On the other hand, I don't think it would be hard at all for mathcam to create a balanced game with only one killing group - I can think of about seven ways to do it.

I'm going to
vote SinisterOverlord
again for now. I need to give the thread a good read-through, but I know I felt pretty good about the vote yesterday.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:59 am

Post by Nox »

If we look closely, Quagmire also viewed Sinister Overlord as suspicious. It was not voiced loudly, but it still stands.
Now, I know that alot of us did the same, but if we look at it from another perspective, would scum be so unprecautious as to nightkill his number one "opponent"? Eliminating Quagmire was most likely the best move for scum, as it puts the town in this exact state of confusion, therefore the mafia remains in the shadows.

I think we were right about Stoofer, at least for now. Scum are probably on their toes right now, to avoid further lynches. Now, about the multiple killing group theory, I'll have to say that I have absolutly no idea whatsoever. I guess we'll just have to wait and pay a closer attention to history changes that will happen.

I'm almost sure that we're on the right track for now. SinisterOverlord was my number two choice for a lynch on Day 1, so it only makes sense that I vote him now. That is, unless he can convince me of his innocence, of course.

Vote: SinisterOverlord
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:03 am

Post by mathcam »

Current Official Vote Count
:

SinisterOverlord (2, Nox, SpeedyKQ)

Not Voting: Someone, mole, Changling bob, Gaspode, N_lich, Fishbulb, SinisterOverlord

Cam
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:25 pm

Nox, can you point out where Quagmire suspected me? I can't see any traces of it, going through the thread.

What I see related to him is a general lack of posting early on, an attack on him by Fishbulb over a misunderstanding, agreement with me about Someone, and finishing with agreeing with us over Mr Stoofer. Now it could be that he was killed because he was the least active, or by your logic, it could mean Someone's scum. He attacked Someone, but he wasn't the chief attacker - assuming Someone is scum, killing his chief attacker (me) would at this stage draw significant further suspicion towards him, so he kills a lesser of his attackers, or something like that.

And I agree that we were probably right about Mr Stoofer, as well.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:27 pm

Post by Nox »

Actually, I can't :? .
Looking through again, I had mistaken your quote with Someone's. He only disagrees with you once, but its minor. I apologize for that.

However, I'd like to point out that nearly everybody, at one point in the game, suspected Someone. I judge it unfair to say that, because he too had been suspicious, it is the reason why Quagmire was lynched.
It still stands though.

Having had to look back for his unexistant quote, I took the time to re-read his posts and I'd be more leaning towards Scum trying to confuse the town. Incidently, it worked out :roll: .

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”