Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Being ill and in mourning, I do not spend 24 hours at my screen.

Otherwise, I do not spend 24 hours at my computer screen.

And Ray, I will tell you once Girl has answered me.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by Snow White »

Current status: Write ups.
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Lame reasons for my wagon are lame. Because I didn't vote and that thing I didn't get about mufasa? Pfft.

I say that I'm not getting either a town or scum feeling from mufasa. Is that that hard to understand? It means I'm getting a neutral reading. Which means that I could lean towards third party. Hard?

@Rolf: reasons for your vote?
@Crypto: What's so scummy about my iso 1 - 2?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Snow White »

Well now, lets get stared. Pre warning. Ugh. I tried cutting it down its not working. If there's something really bothering me i will continue to dredge it up and potentially use your not replying as ammunition.

First thing that struck me was that Tajo stated a lynch on AGOI would benefit him. I dont see how this is unless he is a lyncher and in such a case then he should have voted AGOI but chose instead to vote Mufasa. Can you explain that Tajo?

Mufasa self votes and encourages others to do likewise. Annoying. I was entertaining the idea of a jester but maybe not.

SUSPICIOUS. Pom’s third vote on Mufasa and even more so Spyrex’s fourth vote on Mufasa.

Ah! Ray Frost thought the same thing. How’d I miss that? But yah. Im of the opinion there are two people who may be jesters. Thus, neither of them might be jesters because ¾ of the time im delusional.

Mufasa’s retaliation is small “Is an obv liar lynch him” The paradox here is infuriating. Mufasa claims he wants to be lynched Day1 and then suggests Ray be lynched.
I dont see Mufasa as a jester.

Mufasa votes Spyrex for being insignificant.
Mufasa is now ridiculously put at L-2. I think it strange how Ray could suggest Mufasa being a jester at one point and then put him at L-2 for Mufasa saying “an obv. Liar. Lynch him”

I like how Mike came in and realistically pointed out the stupidity of this wagon. FOS RayFrost and Spyrex. Im letting Pom off beause I didn’t find her third vote too serious. Mike’s view. Well called. Indicative of alignment? Leaning town. Could equally be working to get towns trust. Too early to tell but im getting good vibes.

@Ray Frost. L-2 is always dangerous when you don’t know who the mafia are and if they are already on board with the lynch of the day.

After being called out by Mike, Ray posts to say how NOT dangerous L-2 is and then 4posts later Ray unvotes and votes me. And Ray its gone town, scum, im town now so you can put away that lousy vote. Why single me out above anyone else? Like Rofl pointed out you have attempted to change the topic of conversation to bak to the playful RVS stage. The signal for this is that I actually come out to post. :D

Also. You could have contributed to the questioning mike was doing of Mufasa. Which was in fact, outside of the RVS. We have passed the stage quite quickly and this makes me happy. I see Mikes intervention as a good thing. L-2 is dangerous. You dont know who the scum are on any given wagon, do you Ray? I dont like people who put others at L-2 unless we're a bit further than 2/3 pages and there is something with at least an ounze of substance to lynch upon.
RayForst wrote: My vote is on SW cuz she sometimes falls into lurking states.
UHM! No. Refraining from going into what happened in the Seaside, I do get busy from time to time with things at home, school, family, friends,
men *faepalm*
and these priorities have and will continue to have precidence over mafiascum but I ALWAYS catch up. Something which you deprived me of in the Seaside. Regardless! And FYI it being three days since you posted that [quote"RayFrost"]This vote will prevent SW from falling inative” [/quote] equates bullshit. Lastly. CONTRADITION. You claim that you are voting me “randomly” because I was town the last game we played together. When quizzed over your vote because it was then and still is stupid you say its because I lurk. When I hadn’t had time to check in the game in…. seven hours. :lol:

I like Rofl’s quizzing of Ray post 49. But he seems to be taking the fence on the matter himself. He seems to be waiting for Ray to lead the way of thinking toward mike and agrees with him that he could be town or scum. I dont know. I liked your questioning of Ray but dislike the way in which it was carried out.

@Rofl you continues to say you like Ray's response but still list ray top of his scum list. Followed by tajo. Can you give reasons or is it just a vibe?

Agree with Spyrex. The whole Lynch me =/= good discussion. More often than not it results in a mis begotten lynch which in itself is nasty for town.

@RayFrost. Post 59. Opinion on your thing? What thing? And yes, I do want an answer. Are you seriously pursuing a lynch on me or not? I cant tell with all this banter stinking up the place. /jks.

@Tajo. Why are Rofl and Ray town? Equally about Spyrex and Mike. Reasons please its not far beyond page 3 I believe. Do you believe your opinions can change?

Im taking Tajo’s word that Pome has posted in another one of her games as she has not posted in this one in what seems like forever. FOS Pome.

I like how Ray questions Tajo’s reasoning for finding everyone above (himself included town)

@Spyrex. What is your thoughts on Mufasa? What is your serious reasoning for the Mufasa vote?

Ah Pome turns up. Which is good.
@Pome. What do you think of the game thus far and who are you finding the most innocent and guilty?

@Crypto. You vote Mike. FOS Ray. Care to elaborate?
Ray questions Crypto on his actions. I like this. However...

EDIT: padawans can kill a hoard of rushing zerg.
-Just for funsies.

@Crypto. For someone not about to get lynched having Mufasa at L-2 was ridiculous. Had I actually made a conscious effort to be involved at the start I would have pointed it out too and knowing that im town I don’t necessarily find it scummy that Mike would.
Ah I missed this aggression and random insults thing. Haha. So long as its not directed at me because I will cry. /jk.

Yay. Snow Bunny is here! I see her point about Ray being scummy but his last few posts imho have been pro town. I like how instead of going “oh I think such and such is town, I figure she’s being honest by saying she cant tell wtf mufasa is at or hasn’t got a reading on mike.” could always be wrong there’s my two cents.

Poro comes in states he does not like Mufasa. +Town points. Simply he’s just come in and read. Little to no analysis and the Mufasa wagon has slowed down. Little benefit to scum imo.

@AGOI. Calling me SW is fine. Im not sure of what i find Ray Forst atm.

Mufasa gets himself banned for having two accounts.

FOS
Elvis for misrepersentation, saying I didn’t point out other reasons to vote ray frost when I said and i quote
Snow White post 56 wrote:-Actual content tomorrow real time.
@Elvis. Im not suggesting we lynch Mufasa today but what about AGOI’s vote on Mufasa makes you think her scummy?

@Snow Bunny. What makes you think there is a third party? There've been no killings thus far. Secondly, I’d prefer you to have put your reasons in your own words. I don’t find your lack of a vote suspicious as you say you don’t have a lot of reads on people and ray is at L-3. In fact i respect the fact you didnt vote Ray.

@AGOI why is the Ray wagon stupid? I actually do think the reasoning behind it is viable but admittedly I don’t want to push it. At least not yet because I am not sure. And I like to be as definite as possible about these triffles.

CONTRADICTION AGOI.
You state you do not like the mufasa wagon post 105.
In the same post you berate Snow Bunny for have a “wishy washy attitude” toward Mufasa. So you think she should just find him innocent? Or vote him?

Rofl wordlessly votes Snow Bunny. Dislike. ++ scum points.

Agree with Ray Frost. More contributions always help.

@Ray perhaps it’s the excess of caffeine. Maybe there’s something in the air, maybe cause its nearing 5am or maybe cause its imma blonde on the sly but what is the actual Snow Bunny case? I dislike the votes this far.
I like ignorant people.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

@SW: Hai! Now, let me answer the thing about Mufasa. I had him in Neutral (had as he's no longer here), but that could lead to the possibility of third party (something to check up in the following days). Neutral, not scum, not town vibe, neutral. Possibility of third party. Possibility, just that. A possibility that could increase depending the outcomes of N1. But for now, just the thought noted down.

Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Snow White »

Lol. Hey
Mary Rose
Snow_Bunny! :lol:

But i for one am fine with that explanation thus far. I can understand it.

Due to the last posts has anyone caught your eye as townish or scummy? And what was your opinion on Mike? I dont believe i read that... unless i missed it which quite honestly isnt beyond me. :shock:
I like ignorant people.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I like your analysis. A lot of it was what I was thinking. Except in a more Pheonix Right Ace Attourney kind of way. Disagree on one point. However will not go into that until later.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by roflcopter »

snow white, why is wordlessly voting scummy?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
a girl on the internet
a girl on the internet
Townie
a girl on the internet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by a girl on the internet »

prozac wrote:AGOTI, why is the Mufasa wagon dumb?
it's not. the ray wagon is the dumb one. he's clearly town.
prozac wrote:Also what do you feel about having an L-2 on page 5?
warm and tingly. ^_^

means we're gettin stuff done. sides, page numbers are not a useful measure of anything ever. L-2 is good or bad dependin on the reasons for it, not cuz it's on pg 2 or pg 200.
snow white wrote:lyncher jester jesters jesters jester jester
-_-
snow white wrote:@AGOI. Calling me SW is fine.
it's not what to call you that's the prob, it's remembering the diff when i'm readin. idk, i'll figure somethin out.
snow white wrote: @AGOI why is the Ray wagon stupid?
cuz he's obv town.
snow white wrote:CONTRADICTION AGOI.
You state you do not like the mufasa wagon post 105.
no i didn't. i said i didn't like my vote on mufasa, cuz he was being replaced. the mufasa wagon was a good wagon. but not so much any more.

while mufasa was around, it pressured him to explain himself. but all we're ever gonna get from his replacement is "no idea what mufasa was thinking, soz guys". pressure's not gonna change that, so there's much better things we could be doin instead, like lynching snow bunny. k?
snow white wrote:In the same post you berate Snow Bunny for have a “wishy washy attitude” toward Mufasa. So you think she should just find him innocent? Or vote him?
either one would be fine, yeah. not having an opinion is fine too. it's suspish that she uses so many words to say so tho. like, what separates him from all the peeps she just plain didn't mention? they're neutral too, right? and bringin third parties into it is even worse.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Going through the game and writing this up as I read, but there's lots of garbage about previous games. If I missed something lemme know.

I don't trust RayFrost. He placed Mufasa within two votes of being lynched, and then said that he wasn't keeping track and also that he didn't know L-2 was dangerous --two very weak excuses. I also don't like how he didn't see anything wrong with Lynch-2 on page 2, but thinks L-1 on page 5 is too soon. I will leave my vote on him for now. I believe it is not misplaced.

roflcopter seems okay, but the way he coaches RayFrost as if he were a townie, while simultaniously voting him and calling him scum and "moderately scummy" is off-putting for me.

Pomegranate's double post is suspicious. Pom felt it was necessary to change "MBF is leaning town" to the more assertive "MBF=town". This lets me know that he's previewing his messages, then altering them slightly before he posts, perhaps in an effort to prevent giving away any scumtells. Or in this case, to try and establish a stong connection between me so that I'd be more trusting of him, or that when I die he looks better/can claim cop.

Snow Bunny seems fine for now. Don't know where this wagon is materializing from.

Snow White makes a big post. It's mostly just summarizing the game thus far with a bit of commentary mixed in. Good to see that she's putting effort into the game, but it's effort that could be easily manufactured by scum. Neutral read right now.
crypto wrote: Mufasa wasn't going to get lynched. That would be silly.
girlinternet wrote: do you think there was a real risk of Mufasa being lynched that early??
How do you know he wouldn't be lynched? He reached Lynch-2 in a matter of hours and nobody seemed to notice. In fact, Rayfrost, who put him at lynch-2, bluntly stated that he wasn't paying attention. I could easily see him getting quick lynched.
girlinternet wrote:it's not. the ray wagon is the dumb one. he's clearly town.
I would like to know your reasoning here. From my point of view Ray is one of the most suspicious players so far.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:28 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Snow White wrote: Mufasa votes Spyrex for being insignificant.
Mufasa is now ridiculously put at L-2. I think it strange how Ray could suggest Mufasa being a jester at one point and then put him at L-2 for Mufasa saying “an obv. Liar. Lynch him”

I was obviously joking. Why so serious?

@Ray Frost. L-2 is always dangerous when you don’t know who the mafia are and if they are already on board with the lynch of the day.

I consider L-1 dangerous, since it is easy to slip onto the wagon with near empty reasoning. I consider l-2 to not be dangerous, since it is not so simple. The day doesn't end when that first reasonless vote is cast.

After being called out by Mike, Ray posts to say how NOT dangerous L-2 is and then 4posts later Ray unvotes and votes me. And Ray its gone town, scum, im town now so you can put away that lousy vote. Why single me out above anyone else? Like Rofl pointed out you have attempted to change the topic of conversation to bak to the playful RVS stage. The signal for this is that I actually come out to post. :D

I'll unvote at the end of this post, no worries. Besides, I could easily say "See!? I voted her and she made a big, nice and meaty post! I'm so good!" I'm not, am I? :P

Also. You could have contributed to the questioning mike was doing of Mufasa. Which was in fact, outside of the RVS. We have passed the stage quite quickly and this makes me happy. I see Mikes intervention as a good thing. L-2 is dangerous. You dont know who the scum are on any given wagon, do you Ray? I dont like people who put others at L-2 unless we're a bit further than 2/3 pages and there is something with at least an ounze of substance to lynch upon.

I didn't really see much value in questioning mufasa at that point by merely repeating another player - it adds about as much value as not posting, but it's less helpful.

RayForst wrote: My vote is on SW cuz she sometimes falls into lurking states.
UHM! No. Refraining from going into what happened in the Seaside, I do get busy from time to time with things at home, school, family, friends,
men *faepalm*
and these priorities have and will continue to have precidence over mafiascum but I ALWAYS catch up. Something which you deprived me of in the Seaside. Regardless! And FYI it being three days since you posted that [quote"RayFrost"]This vote will prevent SW from falling inative”
equates bullshit. Lastly. CONTRADITION. You claim that you are voting me “randomly” because I was town the last game we played together. When quizzed over your vote because it was then and still is stupid you say its because I lurk. When I hadn’t had time to check in the game in…. seven hours. :lol:

When have there ever been any truly random votes? Seriously. Anyway, seaside had you getting extremely busy, I don't know (and don't want to know) your RL issues, so yeah. It just seems like lurking.

@RayFrost. Post 59. Opinion on your thing? What thing? And yes, I do want an answer. Are you seriously pursuing a lynch on me or not? I cant tell with all this banter stinking up the place. /jks.

IIRC what post you are talking about, it was my reasoning for mbf-town read. I'm pretty sure that was the most noteworthy thing I'd done.

@Crypto. You vote Mike. FOS Ray. Care to elaborate?
Ray questions Crypto on his actions. I like this. However...

EDIT: padawans can kill a hoard of rushing zerg.
-Just for funsies.

Padawans have light sabers, but they can barely use the force properly. Zerg lurkers hide in the ground and the padawan doesn't notice until... woops, he's facing a hoard erupting from the ground beneath him. Yeah, I'd say he's dead there. Also, skywalker doesn't count as a padawan, since he was the whole "chosen one" stuff.

Yay. Snow Bunny is here! I see her point about Ray being scummy but his last few posts imho have been pro town. I like how instead of going “oh I think such and such is town, I figure she’s being honest by saying she cant tell wtf mufasa is at or hasn’t got a reading on mike.” could always be wrong there’s my two cents.

I don't even get what you are trying to say here. Please clarify.

@AGOI. Calling me SW is fine. Im not sure of what i find Ray Forst atm.

Lemme guess, I'm about as obv town as I was in seaside (not very :P ).

@Snow Bunny. What makes you think there is a third party? There've been no killings thus far. Secondly, I’d prefer you to have put your reasons in your own words. I don’t find your lack of a vote suspicious as you say you don’t have a lot of reads on people and ray is at L-3. In fact i respect the fact you didnt vote Ray.

Ummm... weren't you questioning yourself on jester speculation and lynchers and stuff earlier in this post?
[/quote]
don't you feel silly now?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by RayFrost »

gah, fail.

all bold = me, all non-bold = SW

unvote
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:23 pm

Post by mykonian »

Vote count

Rayfrost(4): Mikeburnfire, Snow white, Elvis_knits
Green Crayons(4): Populartajo, Pomegranate, Spyrex, A girl on the internet
Spyrex(1): Green Crayons
Snow white(1): Rayfrost
Snow_bunny(1): A girl on the internet, Crypto, Roflcopter

Not voting (2): Porochaz, Snow_Bunny.

with 13 players, it is 7 to lynch
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:39 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Hey Mike, if you could call a scum group/pairing/etc, what would it be right now?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Post by RayFrost »

oh, and me re: l-2/l-1 thing is actually made in my fail quote post.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Post by SpyreX »

@Spyrex. What is your thoughts on Mufasa? What is your serious reasoning for the Mufasa vote?
Pretty sure I laid this out once and I'll give it another quickie (this weekend is kinda busy).

Coming in going "OHh hay vote for me" and then flipping around after that with the aforementioned "lol, reactions" especially when not explaning what the end goal was is legitimately scummy.

Especially since it is designed to just sit back, watch the madness and run that beautiful line of "scummy, but not scummy enough" to coast along.

I'm dead serious when I say if I was a vig the second I saw the "vote for me" I would have shot him in the head. Even if it ended the day.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:24 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

@AGOTI: Why is RF obvtown?

@SW: Right now, RF is scummy in my eyes. Rofl is there also. Mike is moving up to townie. SW is also moving up to townie. Spyrex is neutral, though I'm getting good vibes from him, that last comment about vigging even if it ended the day didn't sound good to me.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:10 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Hey Mike, if you could call a scum group/pairing/etc, what would it be right now?
Haven't thought about it much. Being so early in the game, any pairings or scum-connections at his point would be based on fairly trivial evidence.
I consider L-1 dangerous, since it is easy to slip onto the wagon with near empty reasoning. I consider l-2 to not be dangerous, since it is not so simple. The day doesn't end when that first reasonless vote is cast.
More like "I consider L-2 to not be dangerous since most of the scum was already on the wagon".
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Green Crayons »

unvote
. Just putting this out there: I do not condone Mufasa's play. I am not a jester. Also, I am not Iammers or Erg0 or anyone else. Sorry to disappoint, but you'll find me much less amiable than either of those two. Plus, I'm a misogynist (hi elvis! ;)).

Lots of WordsRay is my biggest suspicion. As such, I focused most intently on his posts during my (re-)read through. Upon the third/fourth time going through the thread, I realized that some of the points I make here have been made by other players. Where that is the case (*cough*post 75*cough*), it should be noted that I didn't actually gather my suspicions from these other players/posts. Instead, they were formed independently, which - to me - signifies that they have a bit of weight. Here are my issues with his play:

I don't like how Ray is performing a shatter-shot of excuses for his actions early in the game. Three examples come to mind:

A.
When the mufasa-wagon was being criticized by mike, Ray says that 1. he didn't think L-2 was dangerous but even if that is true that 2. he didn't realize that it was L-2 so he should be forgiven. These are not compatible defenses. If he didn't think L-2 was dangerous, then him not realizing he put on L-2 is a non-issue. Likewise, if he didn't realize that he was putting on an L-2 vote, then L-2's "danger zone" importance is a non-issue because it doesn't go to support the determination if Ray was just being forgetful. It looks like he's trying to cover all of his bases prior to being questioned so that he can easily defend himself later on because he has already established these baseline excuses irrespective of what avenue people decide to criticize his actions.

B.
Then there's Ray's vote on Snow White. It goes from because she was "...town last game [they] had together" to "sometimes [Snow White] falls into lurking states" to finally becoming "I'm not voting SW for lurking so much as to remind her not to in some future point." The problem here is that Ray's initial vote on Snow White
was
random ("because she was town last game" is hardly a valid voting point), and then only when rofl decided to push for some answers did it shift into a definitive vote to preemptively stop another player from potentially performing an action - even though the game had started less than two hours prior to this point.

C.
This really bleeds over into other aspects of Ray's posting. Specifically, in to who he suspects and why. In post 52, Ray feels as if mike could be town or scum (though he's leaning towards the former). It's such a non-conclusive answer that straddles both sides of the wall it's really just ridiculous. To me, it reads as: "It may be A, but it may also be non-A, so I'm just going to lean towards A..." with the underlying potential of "...until it would be more favorable for me to lean towards non-A, in which case I already have set up some groundwork for me to make that shift in opinion." It's like he's prepping his play against any and all future criticism while also leaving all doors of action open so that he can safely swing with the popular opinion.

This quick interaction between Ray/rofl seems to have worn off on Ray to a considerable degree. rofl pretty much came in, asked direct questions, gave a few answers himself, and then got out of the conversation. Ray picks up heavily on the "ask questions" portions of this dialogue, as he demands input from other players in post 55, post 59, post 61, post 67, post 70, post 100, post 122 and post 138. This in and of itself is not inherently suspicious - it's good to ask questions to get to know what other player's opinions and feelings are on various matters. However, there are distinct issues with Ray's use of this "Just Asking Questions" game tactic.

One of the first red flags is that Ray doesn't just use it. He
overuses
it - both locally and globally. What I mean by that is, that within the specific posts as cited (the local aspect), all he is doing is asking questions. He doesn't actually provide any critical input himself, he just asks questions. Then, there is the fact that up until post 114 (which I will discuss below in further detail), his entire substantive post history (the global aspect) is filled only with question-filled posts. While there are other, non-question posts littered throughout Ray's post history, they are mostly throw away posts that either lack game-related substance (e.g. post 71) or they're merely propping up his further use of the Just Asking Questions tactic (e.g. post 77). So from both a local and global perspective, Ray has leaned hard on the "ask questions, give no answers" tactic, which is suspicious because it makes him look active without him actually having to put any potentially dangerous opinions out there. A wonderful scum tactic on which Ray seems to have overdosed.

Then, amidst all of these questioning posts, Ray comes out with post 114. He actually
agrees
with something! Let's see what he was agreeing with:
roflcopter wrote:
unvote, vote: snow bunny
This strikes me as incredibly odd, because he ignores post 105 and post 106 - where reasons behind their respective bunny votes are actually listed. Instead, he decides to attach himself to a bunny vote where there is no actual reasoning listed. This is troublesome for two reasons. First: It looks like Ray "knows" why rofl voted for bunny. At post 108 - and, indeed, at post 114 - nobody knows why rofl voted for bunny except rofl. It's a horrible move to make: "I agree with this vote based off of reasons that I don't know!" Second: It looks like Ray is trying to hide behind rofl's status as an "awesome" player. We've already seen how easily Ray attached himself to an aspect of rofl's play style (per point two). Now we see him blindly following that very same player. It's reckless and, more importantly, a good scum-excuse to vote for another player; after all, nothing's better than an authority appeal when you're questioned why you wanted to vote for another player. His hesitation looks like he's trying to place himself for the hammer.

crypto apparently also caught this. I don't think Ray's post 116 adequately explains his actions.

I don't care for Ray's follow up post 118, when he's demanding other people to explain how they feel about the bunny wagon. Prodding around to see what other people think about the bunny wagon looks, to me, like a way to potentially drum up the last bit of vote support so he can hammer bunny. A hammer in and of itself isn't suspicious. But when it looks like you're fishing for people to set up a situation where you can perform a specific action, it raises an eyebrow.

FWIW, Ray's post 135 doesn't do anything for me.

I agree with all of elvis' post 92.
I agree with mike's post 134 re: Ray, rofl and White.
I find the bunny wagon weak.

tl;dr
: Ray is scummy because 1. his scatter-shot excuses for his play looks like preemptive posturing, 2. his "input" is contrived and insubstantial but makes him look active and 3. he attached himself on the bunny wagon with vague support and authority-following while seeming to position himself in for the hammer. Thus,
vote: RayFrost
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:17 am

Post by crypto »

Unvote. Vote: a girl on the internet.
TLDR: she's scummy.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:21 am

Post by crypto »

I didn't mean to spit in the face of Green Crayons' post, though; it's a fab addition to the RF case. RF can be one of AGOTI's scum buddies.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:31 am

Post by crypto »

I don't think the Bunny wagon is lame.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:37 am

Post by Green Crayons »

What does "isos. 1 and 2" mean?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:41 am

Post by crypto »

Post in isolation.

Um. At the bottom of your screen:

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:13 am

Post by roflcopter »

i'm torn about ray, what he did that i originally voted him for was scummy but i'm being swayed by how much he's flattering me. (i know, i know, all the flattery is actually scummy too, but i'm egotistical and want it to continue.)

green crayons' whole case is very solid though.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”