890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by startransmission »

/never has there been a confirmation as confirmed as this one.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:09 am

Datadanne wrote:/Nevah gonna give you up!
Nevah gonna let you down!

(Lol, Look in the "Link" of the darkness pm.)
I always love a good rickrollin.

So Datadanne, are you just somebody who reads everything or was that link in your inbox? Tempted to incant you right now...
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Wow, things moving fast in this one.
Seacore wrote:Random bandwagons being bad
I don't agree

Power roles being evident of being "pro town" and thus less trustworthy
Yeah, town being in the minority I think raises the odds of power roles being assigned to town. But I don't see how being pro-town or likely town makes somebody less trustworthy.

Pro town tells being significantly less helpful compared to scum tells in this game as opposed to normal games.
I think it works both ways in this setup.

In fact, I would like to hear from other people on these points as well.
Answers in italics.
DisCode wrote:When starttransmission is back, he should explain why Data's comment tempted him to vote for him and why he decided not to do so.
Others have brought it up. He referenced the link in the the cult PMs, but was specific as to which cult PM. I didn't think that it was worth an incant as it was just as likely that his reference was random.

Well, here's where I'm at. I don't like the buddying between Chaco and Seacore. I don't like how Seacore laughed it off when Snow Bunny brought it up. I don't like Snow Bunny's misrepresentation of DisCodes post. I'm mostly on board with SC's incant on Seacore, and I really dislike the tone of Sea's response.

A lot I don't like. It seems that multi lynches are inevitable, and I don't think have a problem with that. The best strategy for scum is to be highly active and vocal. Become one of the most visible and hopefully influential players, and work in tandem to control the groups of incant candidates. So I'm suspicious of Seacore for coming into the game and attempting to set the tempo and discussing semantics. From his very first post he puts on a leadership hat. I disagree with his stance on pro-town tells being less valuable in this setup, and I'm concerned that he's compromising possible results from town power roles. We should be careful about any role claim where a power role is involved obviously, especially if it directly affects whether someone lives or dies. But the risk that a cult would do that is low, especially earlier in the game. The results of a lie would be damaging to the entire cult in question, and only advantageous in an endgame scenario.

Incant: Seacore

I know it's a little early for this, but after reading through this is my first impression,

Town- Me (of course), Faraday, SerialClergy, Discode, mipe.
Cult-Seacore, Chaco, SnowBunny, Datadanne, magua

Now, this is just the vibe I'm getting from the first few post. We still haven't heard from several people, and a simple second read could change that list for me very quickly. Just throwing out what my first impressions are. Food for thought.

@Magua... Data has posted only four times and with very little content. What do you see as his playstyle and why don't you like it?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:41 am

Seacore wrote:The cults could actually have the role, so they wouldn't be lying. If a cult dreamwalker comes forward claiming to be a town dreamwalker, they'd have the same information, there'd be nothing to catch them out.
They would have to be lying about alignment though, and once the lie was discovered it would have to mean the end of the game otherwise that lie would be have somewhat dubious value. I think we should wait for the situation to crop up before we decide to discredit possible town roles and town tells.
Seacore wrote:I wasn't trying to take on a leadership hat, I was bored at work, so I did some analysis of the difference between this game and a standard game. I stand by my analysis.
I wouldn't call it analysis, I'd call it a long discussion of semantics. As I said, it seems to me that in this setup more than most others it's imperative for scum to have a high profile presence. Lots of seemingly helpful posts is a great way to do that, and that's what my impressions are of your posts thus far. And the buddying in the midst of it doesn't help.
Seacore wrote:Also, what am I supposed to do when I'm accused of buddying?
I don't know, deny that it was done intentionally? Accept the scrutiny and simply move on recognizing that you and Chaco are now (somewhat) connected?
Seacore wrote:I find it suspicious that I'm being bandwagoned just because I've stated my ideas. The fact that I've laid out exactly what I think would set me up for a massive fall later if I started acting against my thoughts. I've been the most transparent so far, yet I'm being focussed on.
I don't like this. It seems a little early to be playing the victim card. Also, you really haven't laid out anything that would set you up for a fall later. What have you been transparent about? Not wanting a RVS? The mechanics of possible multi-lynch scenarios? That's been my main issue with you... you represent yourself as a palms up player, but there has been very little actual analysis from you.
Chaco wrote:You're just jealous you aren't a member of the brolliance. <.<
Is that what the fruity glasses are on peoples avatars? :wink:
Chaco wrote:Anyways, no. If he buddies me, so be it. All it looks like he's doing is what you're falling for. Which would be, if he flips--

Actually, answer this first. If Seacore were Incanted and flipped scum, right this instant. Who would you incant next?

Money says me because he's been buddying me. It's a common scum tactic, and you fell right into it.
I'm a little confused by this. It's not your fault that Seacore buddied up with you, but it was a little more mutual than you're making it sound. That said, if Seacore flipped scum right this instant, I would have no case against you. Mild buddying early in the game isn't enough for me to pursue a case with. I would probably FOS you, as you two do have a connection, but there would be no auto incant from me.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:55 am

Seacore, thank you for the PBP response, and I see your point on some issues. I understand what you meant by the vig comment, and it was never anything I held against you. But for the most part my response to your post has been covered very well by Faraday.

@DeathSauce... I think DisCode is asking you to weigh in on Chaco and Seacore because right now they are under the most scrutiny. Nobody is asking you to build a case, but I personally would like to hear what you think about the criticisms of both.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:04 am

Seacore wrote:The flavour text is where you point out that you don't like how I say it's a shame that I'm going to be lynched and that if I'm lynched, when I flip town, etc.
I had a problem with this as well. It came off as a bit of an Appeal to Emotion, and that ties in with playing the victim.

It's also way too early to say something like that. You have a mere three incants on you, well shy of the 11 that is needed.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:58 am

Ugh, I've had a busy last couple says and I've fallen behind. Sorry about that.

Some quick thoughts.

I have been on the fence regarding Faraday for most of the day. I didn't like the unexplained "non-random" vote early on. The brief argument with Deathsauce threw me off as well. It seemed out of the blue and maybe a little theatrical. I couldn't help but to think it may have been phony. But since then I've agreed with what he's had to say. The same is true with Deathsauce.

I agree with semioldguy and Faraday, I don't believe mipe at all regarding the claim. His actions have been dodgy and a little bizarre for most of the day. He claims before L-1, and his role describes something that is not reflected in the rules, and frankly doesn't make any sense to me. He also only claimed role and was careful to avoid claiming alignment though he does imply town. Still, I don't believe him and am tempted to vote for him. But at the moment I think I'll move my vote to Databdanne.

Unincant, Incant: Datadanne

Datadanne aggravates me. I wish he would post more as I have yet to see any actual reasoned opinions from him. I hate Post 153, the vote and the reasoning were both weak. I didn't like the insult to SC for doing something that's well within the rules. It shows that DD isn't really paying attention or taking scum hunting seriously.

I don't have an issue with a multi-lynch, and if DD doesn't start posting some stuff I wouldn't object to a DD/mipe lynch.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:07 pm

I like the idea of a policy lynch and a scum lynch combo. And I think Data and mipe are the best candidates for this. But as has been pointed out it would take a while for that to happen, and I think it's in the towns best interest to start lynching scum now instead of waiting until we have two large pools of incants that the Cults can use in a tug of war against one another. So,

Unincant, Incant: mipe
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Snow_Bunny wrote:I don't like startransmission's 228. Why are you in a hurry to lynch someone? This gave me a bad vibe.
As has been pointed out, I'm not necessarily in a big rush to lynch anybody- but I think the overwhelming consensus is that mipe is scum. So why are we waiting for a lynch? What purpose does that serve?

As I said earlier, I have no objection to a double lynch, and DD what little DD has provided has anti town to say the least. I would still prefer a replacement. What I do object to is sitting on our hands and refusing to lynch anybody unless we can lynch multiple people. I fear that if we wait too long we'll be lynching more people with fewer reasons/discussion or time. The DD/mipe combo lynch has dominated conversation lately, and that's only good for scum. Let's be done with mipe... we can move onto who's likely to be scum after that, and DD will still be there as a potential policy lynch to go with the next person who we all agree is likely scum.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:09 pm

Well there we have it, I say we wait until the next deadline and get that Data replacement.

Seacore, I'm struck with how gung-ho you are over the data/mipe lynch. I think it's bad strategy to wait to lynch anybody unless we can lynch two people. We have scum in our sights, the incants are on the table, why spend the time coordinating a double lynch? Why wait that extra week? Somebody said a double lynch should occur naturally, and I agree. Let's not force the issue.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:26 pm

Hey, been busy at work- but I promise to comment on stuff tomorrow.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:17 pm

I think Chaco is town. I find the points that semi and dramonic are using against him are weak. Chaco has done well with pointing out why. And I also see a buddying between Semi and Dramonic.

Incant: Dramonic
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #12) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:42 pm

Magua wrote:@startransmission: So why incant dramonic, and not semioldguy?
On day 1 I got a mild town read from Semi, whereas I got a neutral/scum read from DD. But since you mention it,

Unincant, Incant: Semioldguy

Deathsauce, if you want to know my alignment just ask. I'm town.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:16 pm

Faraday wrote:jesus christ @ this stupid fucking debate between semi and chaco.
QFT. Phony distancing?

I have thoughts, and I'll share them sooner than later. Lurking is too much fun.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:20 pm

SerialClergyman wrote:startransmission, how do you rate your play so far this game?
That'll be tough to determine until the game is over.

I'm not following Snow Bunny's logic regarding SC and his alignment. Out of this debate I'm agreeing with SC. It does seem pretty unlikely that the scum teams would have three members with PRs. It is far more likely that each team consists of two with one PR.

And Magua, I don't know that Chaco is town. But the debate between semi/dramonic and Chaco left me feeling that Chaco was less likely to be scum.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Snow_Bunny wrote:Never outguess the mod, nor base your assumptions in the setup if you don't know it. And, btw, I'm not saying anywhere that the Darkness team has a PR. For all I know, SC could be Darkness' last member. The point is not Darkness having a PR or not. The point is SC
knowing
Darkness didn't protect anyone during past night.
So you're saying that because there was only one NK a townie must've protected a Darkness/Shadow/Town... as a scum faction would obviously not prevent their own NK. And SC saying that it must be a town PR that blocked the kill reveals that he knows that Darkness did not protect anyone? And only Darkness could know that? I'm not trying to be dense here, but I want to make sure this is actually your point.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:37 pm

DeathSauce wrote:Not to start another huge in-game argument, but it seems to me that scum hunting in this game is not a reliable town tell, since we have competing scum factions that are trying to wipe each other out.
Poor Seacore is spinning in his grave. :D
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:46 pm

Chaco wrote:
startransmission wrote:I'm not trying to be dense here, but I want to make sure this is actually your point.
Isn't it obvious!
It makes sense.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:53 pm

But it seems to me that a townie block is a logical conclusion, and therefore not a slip by SC. Not a logical conclusion as in POE because SC is darkness, but that darkness would have no motivation to protect anybody. This is of course based off what may well be an incorrect assumption, that is each scum faction has only two members. But it is a logical assumption.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:08 pm

Chaco wrote:Yeah, sorry guys for my attitude in this recently. It just peeves me when someone acts on a high horse when really they haven't done anything but lurk. I'll tone it down, but seriously, it annoys me. A lot.
Word. If Datadannes inactvity weren't bad enough, having a replacement swoop in and be a douche while only parroting and buddying is worse.
Magua wrote:@mod: Snow_Bunny is incanting SerialClergyman, not startransmission.

I'm getting happier and happier with my startransmission vote. I encourage people to drop their lesser, weaker bandwagons and join this one instead. Or, at the very least, comment on it. =P
Here's a comment- fuck you.

Ok, just kidding. Couldn't resist. What about my recent posts makes your vote on me seem more sound? Why are the other bandwagons (and that really only leaves the SC wagon) a lesser wagon?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (isolation #20) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:35 am

At the risk of having it appear that I am defending her, I have to say that I find the Snow Bunny wagon pretty underwhelming. I've been fairly neutral on her this game, so I went back and ISO'd her. The majority of her posts strike me as genuine town.

The only thing that I specifically don't like is her reasoning when it comes to SC. I don't find it super scummy because I see her reasoning, but I don't agree with it for reasons I and others have stated. Another thing that makes it less scummy to me is that if she just wanted an SC wagon she could parrot other players and slide onto wagon for those reasons. She seems to genuinely believe that her theory is correct. And while I'd be surprised, if SC ever flips Darkness she would be owed a hell of an apology.
Heilograph wrote:I would also like to know what is your view of semioldguy, startransmission?
On day 1 I had a mild town read. I agreed with him regarding mipe. His posts had content and there was nothing too scummy about them. On a reread however I have some issues. He comes in and votes for Seacore, who was the leading candidate for a lynch at that point. Nothing wrong with that, my vote was on him too. But his reasons weren't anything new. The buddying had been discussed to death and Seacore had already said his piece on it. He brings up that some of Seacores posts had an Appeal to Emotion flavor to them. Again, something that had already been brought up and addressed. He also called a lot of things scummy that could just be seen as differences in opinion, and labeled them as scummy. These are hard things to defend, stuff like "not voting is scummy" and "why do think it's a good idea to defend scum's ideal actions?" How can one respond to these questions other than just disagree?

Another thing that strikes me on re-read is how much time he devotes to preventing Datadanne from being lynched. When reading in ISO it really stands out. To be fair he was consistent on not crafting a double lynch, and also about his distaste for policy lynches. But still, it stands out. Especially in light of (what I perceive) the buddying between dramonic and SOG today.

All that said, I'd be surprised if my incant stays on him throughout the day.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #21) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:46 pm

SerialClergyman wrote:What do you mean by this? What's wrong with defending people you have a town read on?
Nothing, but I'm not saying snowbunny is town. After reading back through on iso I found her posts to be... not scummy. That's probably what I should have said. This is my first game with these mechanics, so my wording is suffering. She may well be part of a scum faction, but I'm not seeing it enough to cast a vote. Futhermore I'm watching her wagon grow for reasons that don't really compel me.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:06 am

semioldguy wrote:
startransmission wrote:After reading back through on iso I found her posts to be... not scummy.
Uh oh... quick! hide this line from Chaco!! :P
That little debate certainly did cross my mind. :wink:
SC wrote:Not knowing is a reasonable state of mind to be in, but 'defence at a distance' is epic scummy. I don't want to be seen to be defending person X but (defends person X) is just an off dynamic, it's not very townly.
I'm not trying to defend Snow bunny in terms of what her alignment might be. I did want to point out that her wagon was growing, and for reasons I don't think are strong.
SC wrote:What are the things you are genuinely convinced of? Anyone who is town or scum? Any theories of the game? I find myself unable to find much definite in your posts.
As I said earlier, this is the first time I've played a game with these dynamics. It's tough for me to determine what is what in this setup. As Seacore brought up early in the game- towntells aren't necessarily towntells and vice versa. Frankly I can't see a way for town to be reasonably sure that another player is also town. So it's a challenge for me to be definite about anything at this point.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #23) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:13 pm

Faraday wrote:Okay, I get it. DON'T SIGH AT ME MAKES ME ANGRY j/k.

Um that actually makes more sense now I guess. I think I disagree though, if he's assuming 2 man scum teams (and I think *Most* people agree it's the greatest likelyhood) then surely the Guardian has to be town, unless you think it's possible scum protected a town player (possible? idk I see not motive for it).
My feelings exactly.

Ok, so I've been mulling over whether or not to do this for a few days. Some of you have commented on how it's difficult getting a good read on me. That's been on purpose.

Claim: Town Dreamwalker

I investigated Semi last night, and had my investigation blocked. Hence my early vote for him, and my suspicion at the buddying between Dramonic and him.

I'm pretty confident that there is a town guardian. I know that if I'm wrong I may well be screwing town over. But here's the way I see it-

1. There was only one death last night, so a either shadow or darkness was blocked. I doubt that a cult group would protect a townie, thus it was a town guardian who made the right choice.
2. Semi being protected by town makes no sense for the same reason.
3. Semi is obviously in the Shadow cult. His partner protected him, and the kill they chose was blocked by an astute town guardian.

I may be making a disastrous mistake here, but I really think now is the time to do this.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #24) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:52 pm

Faraday wrote:Hmm gonna need to mull over this, I believe we have a town dreamwalker so if no one says anything I'll assume Stark is legit. Also it makes little sense as scum unless he's a scum dreamwalker but even then it'd be a risk to claim and risk counterclaim.

I think if a town dreamwalker protected Semi then they should claim, sure it outs the PR but it also gives us 3 likely town, I think which is certaintly worth it.

On the other hand if no one claims he's probably scum.
I think you mean if a town guardian protected semi then they should claim. Eh, if there is a town guardian (and believe me my fingers are crossed) they should not say anything. In fact, I don't know how much I would trust a town guardian claim, there would be no reason to expose yourself to certain death.

And like I said, I can't imagine town protecting semi, because that would mean scum protected town last night, and I can't wrap my head around that.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #25) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Faraday wrote:
Stark wrote:And like I said, I can't imagine town protecting semi, because that would mean scum protected town last night, and I can't wrap my head around that.
Why does that have to be the case couldn't Semi be the one that someone tried to kill?
This is the defense that I expected from Semi. It's entirely possible, I suppose, that I targeted the same person that the town guardian did. But the odds are strongly against that.

Speaking of which, where is Dramonic and Semi? I know it's the holidays, but I saw no VLAs from them.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #26) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:45 pm

Magua, I assure you I tried to weigh out whether or not now was a good time to claim or not. I've explained my logic already, but a few things...

I do believe that semi was protected by a scum guardian, and like you I doubt that there is a scum dreamwalker. So, if the town guardian keeps their trap shut and believes my claim then I should be good tonight.

Think about the chances that semi would be both protected and investigated by town.

The way I see it the biggest and most dangerous assumption I'm making is that the two scum teams consist of two players a piece. The fact that we nailed mipe yesterday made my decision to out myself much easier.

Proposal--- a dramonic and semi multi-lynch? The way I see it, that may well wipe out an entire cult.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (isolation #27) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:37 pm

semioldguy wrote:Why exactly does it make no sense for town to protect me?
It's not impossible. But the chances that I and the town guardian and another scum team would all target you seem insanely lower than you being protected by fellow scum.

That's it really. Going with the odds. I have strong suspicions of Dramonic as well. That's mostly due to his lack of helpful scumhunting, and his buddying of you earlier in the day. It doesn't help that when I reread you in iso I was struck by how much energy you put into preventing Datadannes lynch.
Deathsauce wrote:OK, I'm in the obvious minority here, but I don't believe the claim.
What would a false claim like this at this point in the game accomplish? and if you don't believe me then it means I'm lying and therefore scum. So why aren't you voting for me?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #28) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:19 pm

You can lead camels to water but you can't make them drink.

It is (IMO) far more likely that SOG was protected by a scum partner than the idea that a town guardian, the town dreamwalker, and the other scum group all targeted SOG.

I don't like the SC wagon, just not convinced by any case against him, especially snow bunny's. So I'm keeping my vote where it is.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:39 pm

DeathSauce wrote:
startransmission wrote:What would a false claim like this at this point in the game accomplish?
Well for one thing, if it were completely believed, it would put you in an excellent position to steer the game for at least two days.
Only if it were proved would my word be completely trusted.

SOG, I investigated you for no particular reason. If anything I had a pretty town read of you. Post 509 sums up how I felt about you, but I didn't have a strong scum read on anybody other than DataDanne and since that role had just been replaced I took a shot in the dark.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #30) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:54 am

Well, it appears we were correct in assuming scum teams of two. So, I guess that's it for darkness, and there are still two shadow running around.

I'm sorry SOG, my shame is almost too great to bear. Flawed logic sinks ships.

I don't have any suspects at the moment, with the exception of Dramonic. My investigation last night resulted in me finding someone innocent, so I don't have any good leads.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (isolation #31) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Chaco wrote:Start, your middle line of your last post seems insincere. Just a feeling.
And I can see why you feel that way. But it is sincere, I feel like an ass. I debated to myself for a while before revealing my role, and I really thought I had it worked that SOG
had
to be scum. I feel shitty about it, FTR.

And as Faraday suggested, I will wait to see what people do before I reveal who I investigated. It's not terribly exciting as the result was innocent, but I want to see who casts suspicion on who first.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:46 am

Heilograph wrote:I would myself be very interested to Learn te results , start any ideas on when you would believe it is approiate to show the results?
I'd like to see who suspects who and how the votes come down before I make that revelation. I don't want scum having more information than necessary as they point fingers.

I'm torn as to where to place my vote. There are two candidates on the top of my list, I'll need to reread some stuff before making a decision.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (isolation #33) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:56 pm

I explained why I'm holding onto my investigation result, and I think my reasoning is sound.

Much of what I said before I claimed was designed to keep me under the radar.

My change of heart on mipe was due to bizarre and unhelpful posts made after my initial read. I voted him because he was obvscum.

While SC turned out to be scum, I still don't agree with the logic of your precious "slip". I did not defend SC, I just didn't like your reasoning. So... we agree that I disagreed about the slip, so how can you say I ignored the SC wagon? I didn't vote for him because I was sure that SOG was scum.

I don't see what's wrong with saying I find your posts to be townish, but not being positive that you are town.

I like probabilities. My logic was flawed, and I missed the fact that Seacore was killed by Darkness.

My flawed SOG is scum logic,
1. There are only two members of each cult (still believe that)
2. Mipe was dead, so Darkness is down to 1. (still believe that)
3. There was only one NK, so there is a town guardian.
4. SOG was protected, so he must be scum, and the only scumteam that could do that would be Shadow. Shadow protected SOG, and their NK was blocked by town.

The likelihood that the town guardian and myself would target the same player seemed much lower than what I just described.

I explained why I investigated SOG.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (isolation #34) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:22 am

Faraday wrote:I'd not be adverse to stark revealing his claimed innocent soon. I think it'd be helpful at this point as I'd be willing to assume them innocent too for the moment thus narrowing the lynch pool. It might also help those that think he's mafia decide if he's legit or not.
While I don't think it will change some peoples minds about the validity of my claim- Deathsauce is town.

I'm debating whether to place my vote on Chaco or Heilo. I need to reread both.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (isolation #35) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:22 pm

DeathSauce wrote:Oh, hey, didn't see that that post up there by you start.

So why did you investigate me?
semioldguy wrote:Deathsauce should be looked at closer.
While I was considering who to investigate I read that post again. I felt like shit for being wrong about SOG, and it turned out he had a much better read on the game. I felt compelled to take his advice.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (isolation #36) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Snow_Bunny wrote:Faraday, have you heard the word "gambit"?

It's more than possible that the last Darkness member (I'm 99.9% sure there's a last member, named star) decided to forego the kill in order to appear dead to everyone.
That's a hell of a reach. I know you're riding the high of being right about SC, but flawed logic (as I well know) can blind you.

And think about that for a second, do you really believe scum would forgo a NK for the sake of appearance? At this point in the game? Especially when the majority think that your main scum suspect is telling the truth? I don't see the benefit.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (isolation #37) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:22 pm

Heilograph wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:Come on guys, I bet you can feel it too. Star is scum. Let's lynch him.

Little jumpy are we?
I'm kinda thinking that snows idea makes some sense and I'm willing to give it a try. I don't really think Chaco is scum maybe deathsauce is a chacos partner in crime, but don't hold it to me.
I am completly unsure about dram, farday is confusing me, so I'll pick the only one left

vote: startransmission
So... POE is it? It's obvious by your post that you don't believe my claim. That would make me a liar, so why not use that as an excuse to vote me?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:55 am

Heilograph wrote:POE? Is this directed to me? Well i guess you can indeed read that by my posts i dont believe your claim. "why not to use it as an a excuse to vote me" well i did vote you.
My point was more that if you think that I'm lying about my claim then why not use that as a reason to vote me, as opposed to voting for me through process of elimination. No matter.

Incant: Heilograph

I've been debating between Chaco and Heilo for most of the day. After reread I just don't see the case on Chaco. Heilo has been far from helpful, and I agree with much of Deathsauce's points against him.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (isolation #39) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:08 pm

DeathSauce wrote:That's enough to lynch at 6pm tomorrow. Anyone have the guts to hammer before then?
Unless Heilo self-hammers that only leaves Snow Bunny and Dramonic. Snow Bunny is convinced I'm scum, so that really only leaves Dramonic.

I'm not holding my breath.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (isolation #40) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:54 am

Faraday wrote:Chaco
dramonic
Snow_Bunny
startransmission

Okay, it's LYLO so no quick voting.

Now two of the above names are scum and I aim to find out which. We don't have that much time due to the voting mechanics so everyone needs to be active.

Stark what was your result last night?

I'm going to go back and read over the 4 remaining players to see what I can take from their play so far, so yeah. I'll do this when less hungover though.
I thought we were down to one shadow and no darkness... am I forgetting something obvious?

Anywho, I investigated Snow Bunny. Result was innocent.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (isolation #41) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Well, for now I'll

Incant: Dramonic

I've been suspicious of Datadanne/Dramonic for most of the game. Conversely I've had a decent town read on Faraday. Knowing that Snow Bunny is town and that for me it's between those two, the choice is clear.

We have time, and my incant isn't written in stone. But it'll take a lot to change my mind.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #42) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Holy shit, I totally forgot about Chaco. Sorry Chaco.

My incant stays unless somebody can provide a better case for Chaco. But I've had a null tell most of the game, which I can't say about Dramonic.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (isolation #43) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:58 pm

I don't want a lynch now, we have plenty of time. But I don't like the mass suicide tactic, and I certainly don't want a no lynch. Fuck a draw, town can win this today.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (isolation #44) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:19 pm

dramonic wrote:well, that was a frustrating ninja'd =_=

So... care to explain what's with your obsession to check people you DON'T have suspicions about, Start?
Also, why are you not dead yet?
That's actually pretty fair. On night 1 your role I considered scummy enough that I didn't want to waste an investigation on it. I know that sounds insane, but I like using investigations on people I'm not as sure about. While I found nothing scummy about SOG, there was a question mark in my mind, and I took a shot in the dark. I investigated DeathSauce because SOG suggested to. I investigated Snow Bunny because I was suspicious about how hard he was pushing for my lynch combined with his sudden Heilo hammer. So, SOG was actually the only person I investigated that I didn't have a scum read on.

And I'm not dead because I'm so fucking charming. That, and scum probably expects that question to be raised. Or will raise it themselves. "If you're really the town dreamwalker then you'd be dead!" is an argument that I imagine the remaining shadow member counts on.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (isolation #45) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Yep, you're right. I for some reason thought we had three dead scum, two darkness and one shadow. But there are two shadow, and I'm an idiot.

And I wasn't suspicious of you so much, which is why I said I had a null tell on you.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (isolation #46) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:44 am

^I'm not sure I understand your question.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (isolation #47) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Chaco and Dramonic.

No on mass suicide.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (isolation #48) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:39 pm

dramonic wrote:I'm amused by the fact I'm still alive while everyone one of you wants me dead :P
I'm less than amused about that.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (isolation #49) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:29 pm

I don't know that, Faraday may well be scum. But I have a better feeling about Faraday than I do about Chaco. What I'm not happy about is how I'm pretty sure you're scum, and you're not lynched yet.

I think we've all agreed that multi lynches and suicide pacts aren't the answer. I'm not sure what's left to discuss. Everyone seems to agree you are likely to be scum, and the day is dragging.

More dram incants por favor.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (isolation #50) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:45 am

Dammit, shoulda gone with Chaco. Nicely done scum, nicely done.

And the ghost of Datadanne haunts me still...
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (isolation #51) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:23 am

bah.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (isolation #52) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:48 am

Seacore wrote: AAAHHHHHH!!!!! How many of my points were brought up after I was almost killed for saying them?
Heh, I actually pointed that out once or twice.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (isolation #53) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:13 pm

Foolishness.

I worked it out in my head that SOG had to be scum, and that there had to be a town guardian. So I figured I could convince people to lynch SOG, be protected from NK's, and not be a suspect during the days, and operate as a confirmed townie. Like I said, foolishness.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”