The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3350 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote:No no no.

Even though I FULLY expect him to flip town and BM to be the scum on the chance that he's telling the truth it is worth lynching SP to validate this considering we've decimated the scum.
this is baaaad logic. isnt it worth lynching Battle or the more likelyhood SP is telling the truth...as many scum deaths as there are there are also a lot of town deaths....i wouldnt be declaring victory just yet, bush.
LlamaFluff wrote:I targeted SP last night. If you make the assumption each claim is truthful and is town, its the biggest threat to scum.
What does ur healing have to do with anything? Your just a doctor or healer or whatever...you could've saved him, or SP coulda blocked the kill..or i dont know.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #3351 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by chamber »

Vote BattleMage
Taking a break from the site.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3352 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by SpyreX »

2.) Vaya
3.) Battle Mage
6.) VP Baltar
7.) SpyreX
9.) milkshake
10.) Snow_Bunny
12.) Benmage
13.) SocioPath
16.) Sajin
17.) LlamaFluff
18.) chamber
21.) Kise
23.) Elmo
24.) stark

Time to play parse. (Keep in mind I'm emphatically for lynching SP today).

VP & Llama are both probably town. OF the two I'm more confident of VP. In fact, if not town I'd bank on SK, which is woosh.

I'm town.

2.) Vaya
3.) Battle Mage
9.) milkshake
10.) Snow_Bunny
12.) Benmage
13.) SocioPath
16.) Sajin
18.) chamber
21.) Kise
23.) Elmo
24.) stark

One of SP and BM are scum - maaybe both but at this point (with a SK alive) is meh. So, under the assumation that SP is the town (and getting lynched but what the hey).

2.) Vaya
9.) milkshake
10.) Snow_Bunny
12.) Benmage
16.) Sajin
18.) chamber
21.) Kise
23.) Elmo
24.) stark

I'd put stock in one of Ben and Elmo being scum. Vote manipulation gives me the heebie jeebeies and BOTH having it is a scary situation. I'm leaning, DUH, hard on Elmo being the scum.

2.) Vaya
9.) milkshake
10.) Snow_Bunny
16.) Sajin
18.) chamber
21.) Kise
24.) stark

So, now we've got an odd little list.

IF SP is cult then stark is telling the truth and thus town. If not, I'm leaning this is a ruse (but since by nature it can't play out to lylo well)

Kise's role is just asking to not ever be killed and, as per BP rule, seems to be a fairly solid scum fakeclaim (and the overall absence of play is worrisome).

Chamber.... well, as far as we can tell either the claim is inspired OR he's telling the truth. Based on simple numerics I'll say town but its not enthusiastically.

Sajin. Has a role thus far that has done nothing? Hasn't really been playing.

S_B. Miller. Either a majestic bus or telling the truth. I'm leaning on truth for the moment but this one moves around like the wind blows.

Milkshake. While thoroughly confused by same-targetting I'm HOPING this is designed to cure an SK. Or is the SK.

Vaya. Ehh, again. With the whole tubby fiasco (god in retrospect I wish I knew which of the wonder twins pushed for rolecoppign tubby) I think not mafia. Maaybe SK.

Ehhh.

I'm not happy. I'd like to have more than a couple OHH HAY TOWN with even the worry about a cult running around.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3353 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Benmage »

I still dont get the reason behind going for SP first.

I agree its highly probably ATLEAST one of SP and BM is scum. Lets go with BM.

I think chamber or Sajin the two useless roles could be scum. Is sajin roles still useless? he played a low active game. Comes blazzing in when i push his wagon, claims and falls off the radar again. DISLIKE. I definitely push for this lynch.

Vaya...still get bad vibes from her. Call it gut or meta from what i've seen her in the past. I never believed both the twins were town, and plum flipping town, and her being in jail/a criminal doesn't sit well. I'd be for this lynch.

I dont think Elmo is town. Two town vote manipulators doesn't seem logical to me. I am obviously town. This is my #1 desire entering today, the BM SP fiasco will allow me to put this off 1 day.

If i die tonight speed lynch elmo...i think the scum may have 1 less scum than we'd maybe assume in thinking balance wise, extra voter and then theres the SK(w/e 2nd killer entity its) and the rats.

So to conclude:

Battle
Elmo
Sajin
Vaya

should be the lynch format.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3354 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

It is clear one of SP / BM is lying.

However, if it is SP that is lying the chances are much higher of him being cult (which would then all but clear stark AND BM) and we lynch the cult recruiter.

However, if SP flips like he does AND we don't see a cult death with two kills well, either we've lost (or are on the precipice) or we get stark outed.

Further, of the two (assuming not a double bus) I'd MUCH rather have the tracker alive than the RB.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3355 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

SocioPath wrote:Talk about trying to go out with a bang.

BM didn't track me target VP.

BM didn't track me do anything.

BM was my target last night.

His reaction and acusations though, thats the best part. The only way he could have know that I targeted him (and hence stated me as his 'target') was that he is the reason for the lack of kill.
Lmao. Erm, so, you're claiming you roleblocked me, and i knew this, because u stopped me from killing? If that was the case, why would i not claim to have no result? *shrug* i was going down anyway, but at least this way, you'll get lynched tomorrow.

Unvote, Vote: Battle Mage

Good luck town. Sorry i wasnt as active as i should have been. :(

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3356 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

actually, nah, screw it. I dont wanna be on my own lynchwagon in my last game on MS for a while. :P

Unvote

Do your own dirty work!

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #3357 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Vote Count (Page 135, Day 5)

Battle Mage
-5.5 (Elmo, Kise, VP Baltar, SocioPath, Benmage, chamber)
SocioPath -1 (SpyreX)
Elmo -1 (Snow_Bunny)
Vaya -1 (Battle Mage)

Not Voting:
Vaya, stark, LlamaFluff, milkshake, Sajin,

Note:
You get 3 more weeks. Deadline will be at the earliest 12/13 at 10:15 PM EST. With 13 whole votes available, it takes 7 to lynch.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3358 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Elmo »

SpyreX wrote:I'd put stock in one of Ben and Elmo being scum. Vote manipulation gives me the heebie jeebeies and BOTH having it is a scary situation. I'm leaning, DUH, hard on Elmo being the scum.
Benmage wrote:I dont think Elmo is town. Two town vote manipulators doesn't seem logical to me. I am obviously town.
You and everyone else who's said or thinks similar:

1. Why can't there be two different town roles that affect voting?
2. Why me and not Benmage? (Benmage is exempt from this question. >_>)
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3359 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Two different town roles affecting voting is an unparalleled swing that I wouldn't be down with.

Ben has played a far more active and townier game than your slot.

---

That said I've changed my mind.

Unvote.

If BM comes up tracker scum or sk has to kill SP. Or they'll lose just as quick.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3360 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by Elmo »

SpyreX wrote:Two different town roles affecting voting is an unparalleled swing that I wouldn't be down with.
SpyreX, do you really believe this is a helpful answer to my question?
Why
do you think it is not likely?

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3361 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I wasn't aiming to be "helpful". I was answering the question.

Having someone who can cut a vote in half (which, based on its alteration of the votecount is really having no vote) and someone who is a doublevoter as town easily puts it into an unwinnable situation for scum in even normal lylo conditions.

However, that all aside, to call the amount of activity both you and your predecessor have committed to be "helpful" would be tough - ultimately, you survived the first onslaught
because
of your claim.

When benmage's came out as a yin to that yang well that kinda went poofter because the question that always gets bantered about in regards to scum doublevoters was answered.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3362 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by Elmo »

How do you feel Benmage has been townish?
Why weren't you aiming to be helpful - are you even interested in talking to me?
You realise that the scum have this thing called a nightkill, right? That very likely one or both of me and Benmage dies before LyLo if we're town? Also, obviously I can't hide the fact I'm a double voter; they can off me whenever.
Do you think my slot's activity justifies a lurker lynch? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you were against lynching for policy reasons.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3363 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by SpyreX »

More than anything with Ben, he's
trying
. And it feels genuine.

Talking to you is fine. However, I'm not being "helpful" with that question because that, inherently, isn't a helpful question. If we want to talk about things give some analysis on the game not as a function of you maaaybe getting lynched not today.

Scum have a nightkill? NO WAI. The chances of either of you being killed at this juncture I find minimal AND if one of you is killed based on the theory that both of you are town it's gonna be Ben.

As for policy lynching.. Yea, I lynch lurkers. Especially when its day 5 and, frankly, I can't think of any opinion off the top my head you've got on anyone or anything goin on.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3364 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Benmage »

Elmo wrote:How do you feel Benmage has been townish?
how havent i?
Elmo wrote: Why weren't you aiming to be helpful - are you even interested in talking to me?
Our job to talk to you?? get involved...scum hunt...jebus
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3365 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote: As for policy lynching.. Yea, I lynch lurkers. Especially when its day 5 and, frankly, I can't think of any opinion off the top my head you've got on anyone or anything goin on.
Hell yeah..policy lynch all (even in lylo :twisted: )
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3366 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Sajin »

Benmage wrote:
I dont think Elmo is town. Two town vote manipulators doesn't seem logical to me. I am obviously town. This is my #1 desire entering today, the BM SP fiasco will allow me to put this off 1 day.
This is bad reasoning. Kise is the other claimed vote manipulator. Yet, you use this argument that VP made to push for Elmo's lynch.

Yet Kise is no where on your list. Why?

Also, who did you target last night, ben?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3367 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:47 am

Post by SpyreX »

I honestly can't decide if that level of not paying attention is lynch worthy or not.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3368 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Sajin »

SpyreX wrote:I honestly can't decide if that level of not paying attention is lynch worthy or not.
Elmo has a half vote. I was asking Ben if it was permanent or not yesterday. Elmo asked ben if ben targeted him or not. Ben has not directly answered to my knowledge. If you think he has, point it out. This kind of posts is only noise.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3369 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Benmage »

Sajin wrote:
Benmage wrote:
This is bad reasoning. Kise is the other claimed vote manipulator. Yet, you use this argument that VP made to push for Elmo's lynch.

Yet Kise is no where on your list. Why?

Also, who did you target last night, ben?
Yeah i dont like kise either actually. but there are bigger fish to fry. and i wouldnt consider him a true vote manipulator...he gets the votes of the person who kills him the following day....nothing too special.. elmo and i vote manipulate every day.
Benmage wrote:Yeah i targeted elmo again.
Welcome back Sajin. You are scum.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3370 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:10 am

Post by Elmo »

To paraphrase:
SpyreX: The mod would not put both a town vote-halver and a town doublevoter in the setup as this makes LyLo close to unwinnable for scum.
Elmo: But it's very likely that at least one of us is nightkilled before LyLo, especially in a 29-player game with this many kills per night. And the scum know I am a double voter, so they can easily eliminate me if needs be.

Saying you doubt I will be nightkilled
from this point
does not answer the objection. Relatedly, talking to me should help you if you're town because if you're right, it should make you more confident, but if you're wrong, you might realise you're wrong. But you don't seem to be making any attempt to find out whether you're wrong or not, asking me questions or even talking to me; you're just happy to go "lynch plz" relying on outguessing the mod and not actually analysing your reasoning for that. If you're town, it's bad play.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3371 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:41 am

Post by SpyreX »

It's not a function of simply the doublevoter / vote-halver mechanic that makes me think you are scum. It is, much moreso, the fact you've been absolutely
coasting
through this game.

Like I said, early on I would have pushed much harder for your lynch
if not for the fact
you were a doublevoter. When Ben's role jumped out into this, really overall negating that, then it became much more of an issue.

Your argument for nightkilling as a function of having those roles in place doesn't do a whole lot for me - because it could apply to any doubling of a role mechanic. In a 29 player game I'd be hesistant to believe we had two sane cops just as much as two manipluators of the vote.

However, before I digress too far, if you want to discuss then
discuss
. Not this. The game. As a whole. Who's scum, who's not, why.
Show

Proud member of BaM
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3372 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

SpyreX wrote:It's not a function of simply the doublevoter / vote-halver mechanic that makes me think you are scum. It is, much moreso, the fact you've been absolutely
coasting
through this game.
More or less this. While I do have a hard time putting together a big list of what everyones opinions on this game are (spent a bit too much of yesterday arguing dram-town and let some other stuff go by), you I have less then almost anyone else.

Roles do mean basically nothing in this game though, role
information
means quite a bit, but the roles mean nothing as it scum have claimed hider and JK, and KK seems to be the source of a note. None of those roles are distinctly anti-town by any means if they were truthful. If one of you/ben were scum, on role alone, I would say ben (as DV forces win in lylo, ben doesnt), but im not lynching for scum/SK on a role claim.

Also stark needs to give us complete results (from ALL nights). I would love to know if cult is for real or the mod just yanking our chain. His results will likely help that a bit
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3373 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by milkshake »

Happy Thanksgiving folks. I'm reading this past page.

What's this about sametargetting?

The SP/BM thing is great because one or the other (or both) is scum (right?)
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3374 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Am I really the only one who find Elmo's flavour suspicios, really?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”