Experienced Players in Newbie Games - Responsibility

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:07 pm

Post by MeMe »

I'm certainly in agreement with you, LmL. I always cringe when I see those playing under the label of "experienced" acting anything but. It'd be great if there was some approval process in place...I mean, # of games played/length of time on site are necessary pieces of experience, but they obviously don't tell a complete story about a player's abilties and/or interest in working hard in newbie games.

We
do
have a lot of new players trying us out through Road to Rome and I think that good players should take a cue from roland and sign-up. I understand what you're saying about us not needing "everyone" to play newbie games...but there are quite a few of us who could/should be playing but, for some reason, aren't.

If we want newbies to become regulars who treat our site and games with respect, it's our responsibility to be welcoming examples to them.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:50 am

Post by MeMe »

Oh,
Amen
, mathcam.

I've yet to act as a trainer for mods in newbie games because I just think it's a
bad idea
to have inexperienced mods running newbies -- and it doesn't provide the experience necessary to write and run more complicated games anyway, so why are we doing it?

I just assumed I was the only one who saw it as a problem and didn't want to complain about it by myself -- so I'm oh-so-glad to jump up in agreement!
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Mafia Discussion”