Mini 867- TTGL Mafia: GAME OVER: Roles posted.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Vi »

Snow_Bunny wrote:Sowwy, I screwed it up. Better now?
I was only teasing...

I still like the close-up + transparent version better actually.
Can you tack glasses onto this one?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Chaco »

Hrm. Remilia Scarlet.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

There. I actually like this one.

Though, I prefer Suwako...
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Cobalt wrote:I freely admit I played garbage-tier this game.
(shrug) I actually thought you looked town-ish on day 1. In fact, you're the only scum I didn't vote for on day 1, hehe.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Cobalt »

that was before I got replace-raped and lost my touch :/
hatersgonnahate.gif
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by SocioPath »

I'm hurt that no one really discussed me or what I was saying after my death. I mean, I certainly couldn't have possibly died for a reason, right? RIGHT?
Indeed it was 'Oh, he died, WIFOM, moving on.'
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:06 am

Post by Vi »

SocioPath wrote:I'm hurt that no one really discussed me or what I was saying after my death. I mean, I certainly couldn't have possibly died for a reason, right? RIGHT?
Indeed it was 'Oh, he died, WIFOM, moving on.'
And then it came out that you were a doublevoter. I thought that was why you were killed. Sorry, oversight :\
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:42 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Alright, so, yeah, games over. I'll write flavor for the endgame later. More importantly, I'll post roles. Three goals this game. Swingy as hell. Balanced decently. AWESOME AS HELL! I hope you all agree that I mostly reached my goals. Several role interactions actually further balanced the game. But, anyway, here's the role list and fakeclaims. I'll post night actions in the next post

Welcome to TTGL Mafia, Seraphim. You are Kamina, Townie Hot Blooded Hero. It seems even after you died you couldn't help but go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb. Another threat to the Dai Gurren Brigade has appeared, and it is up to you to make sure it is eliminated and that they know who the hell you are!

Your abilities are as follows:
GIGA DRILL BREAKER!: Target player is killed. This ability can only be used once and only during the day.

Don't believe in yourself! Believe in the me that believes in you!: Target a player other than yourself. Target player gains a new ability. This ability can only be used once and only during the day.

Heroic Sacrifice: You will die at the end of Day 1.

Beyond the Impossible: The first time you would be lynched, instead you aren't.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Please Confirm by PM.
Mod Note: Don't believe in yourself! Believe in the me that believes in you! imparts the ability Kamina's Trust on a player, which is a dayvig that can't be used until Kamina is dead. Oh yeah, this was also a good reason not to allow a limited night start for scum to demoralize. Kamina wouldn't have died at the end of D1 in that case, and probably would never have been lynched meaning that the extra daykill would never come into play

=======================================================
Welcome to TTGL Mafia,
xofelf
. You are
Simon, Vanilla Townie.
Right now you are just a digger for Jeeha Village. No special powers, no anything. But you'll be fine as long as Aniki is around to protect you...right?

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town are eliminated

Please Confirm by PM.
Oh no, xofelf! Kamina has died! But you are still so weak...how will the Dai Gurren Brigade survive now!?

You have gained new abilities and a new rolename. You are now Simon, Emo Townie.

Your abilites are as follows:
Kamina is DEAAAAAAAAAD: It takes one less vote to lynch you.

Congratulations xofelf. You have gained new abilities and a new rolename. You are now Simon, Hot-blooded Successor. It took you awhile to find it...but in the end...you learned to believe in yourself! And now you are ready to take the mantle of the Dai Gurren Brigade!

Your abilites are as follows:
You no longer have the ability Kamina is DEAAAAAAAAAD
GIGA DRILL BREAKER: Target player is killed. This ability can only be used once and only during the day.

Beyond the Impossible: The first time you would be lynched, instead you are not.

Who The Hell Do You Think I Am?: Simon cannot be Night killed.

Mod Note: As I said in the green room, main reason for scum to have demoralize was D3 Simon. Also, if Simon had been alive D2 scum would have had a VERY high chance of winning depending on how Simon handled taking one less vote to lynch. But if he lived through D2...scum wouldn't have had nearly as much of a chance

=======================================================
Welcome to TTGL Mafia,
Jahudo.
You are
Rossieu, Townie Masonizer
. All you want to do is help organize this place...but you need followers. Hot blood is all well and good but a truly effect brigade has some level of structure. Fortunately, you are around to fix this.

Organize: Target a player at night. If certain conditions are met they will become your follower. You will gain the ability Mason Buddies!

Please Confirm by PM.
Congratulations, Jahudo. You found a follower. Leeron has decided to help you out. You and he gain the following abilities.

Mason Buddies!: You and Boxman know each other to be town. You both may talk outside the game at any time.
Mod Note: Follower must be Vanilla Townie. Meaning Boxman a.k.a Leeron. Yay for almost useless Power Roles :P

============================================================
Welcome to TTGL Mafia,
Yosarian2
. You are
Jorgun, Townie Tracker.
You joined the Dai Gurren Brigade to put a stop to Lordgenome's oppression and later the anti spiral oppression. Now you face a new foe that threatens the very power of the Dai Gurren Brigade. Therefore, you lend your abilities once again to the group.

Track: Target a player at night. Target player's targets are revealed to you.

Please Confirm by PM.
=============================================================
Welcome to TTGL Mafia, Snow_Bunny. You are Balinbow, Townie Watcher. You joined the Dai Gurren Brigade to put a stop to Lordgenome's oppression and later the anti spiral oppression. Now you face a new foe that threatens the very power of the Dai Gurren Brigade. Therefore, you lend your abilities once again to the group.

Watch: Target a player at night. All players that target target player will be revealed to you.

Please Confirm by PM.
Mod Note: Fun fact: This is the third most powerful town powerrole in this game. Arguably second most powerful if you consider how delayed Simon is. Since it doesn't target the untargettable, if they happen to look at the night kill target. As she did. I detailed how it should have been an autowin in the Green Room.

Welcome to TTGL Mafia, SocioPath, you are Attenborough, Townie McBeamspam Doublevoter. You...Just...Love...BEAMS AND LASERS AND WEAPONS AND FUN STUFF! So much you just can't make up your mind on a target! So why not shoot at everything? As such...

ADHD: You must vote a player in every post you make, and it must not be the same player as you voted in your last post. Your first failure to do so results in a warning. Your second failure gets your Doublevote ability revoked. Your third failure results in modkill. This resets every game day.

Doublevote: Your vote counts for double. You cannot split your vote, nor may you only count your vote for one. Your vote is always 2 votes, and always on the single person you are voting.

Please Confirm by PM.
Mod Note: This role would SUCK to have in lylo. But it is a pretty cool idea, and I love how Socio was switching between two of the three scum til his untimely death. It was awesome. Basically makes Socio MVP of this game in my eyes, but I suppose it could be argued

Welcome to TTGL Mafia, Vi. You are Kittan, Townie Bodyguard. It seems even after you died, you couldn't stop being a hero. After all, protecting others at the expense of yourself is what you are good at. And now that another threat has presented itself to the Dai Gurren Brigade, you've taken up the mantle of heroics once again.

Protector: Target a player at night. They are protected from kills. However, if they are killed, they are not killed and you are killed instead.

Please Confirm by PM.
Mod Note: As Vi pointed out, this reads like a Zen Buddhist track. I will be fixing that in future iterations of similar roles.

Welcome to TTGL Mafia, Chaco. You are the Anti-Spiral collective, Townie Void. It's an odd alliance, for you to join with your very enemy, the spirals...but this threat is greater than that of spiral nemesis. For now you cast your lot with this hot blooded Dai Gurren brigade, as well as your considerable abilities.

Total Despair: Once per game, during the day, you may gain a number of votes that is equal to 1+the number of living players. These votes may only be used on one player, and must all be used at once. This WILL lynch that player.

Please Confirm by PM.
Mod Note: I like force lynchers. The number of votes is arbitrary. The force lyncher only really needed 1+half number of living players. And if you look at the end of D1 vote count there are 14 votes on Ray. Also, this is another role that avoids untargettability. Votes don't target

Welcome to TTGL Mafia, Boxman. You are Leeron, Vanilla Townie. While you were quite useful in the prior Dai Gurren Brigade adventures, here you are almost completely nerfed. But it's alright though, as you can still vote and talk and stuff. And you are still fabulous as ever.

Please Confirm by PM.
Mod Notes: Obligatory Vanilla

Welcome to TTGL Mafia, chamber. You are Rei Ayanami, Mafia Resistor. Wait, what!? Isn't this TTGL Mafia? What are you doing here? Oh...the bittersweet ending didn't sit well with the Eva's...and now you must bring dystopia to the world of hot bloodedness and spiral energy! How fearsome. You are a good warrior for the job however...hot blood hardly matters to you...

Cold Equations: You are untargettable.

Investigate: You may choose to deactivate the ability Cold Equations for one night phase, once during the game, to gain this ability : Target a player during the night. Target player's rolename will be revealed to you. You may only do this once per game.

Buddies: You know that Jebus, Asuka Langely Soryou; and MonkeyMan576, Shinji Ikari are your mafia buddies. You may talk to them outside the game at any time. Here is a quicktopic to facilitate that.

Kill: One of your group may submit a kill. Your kill method is destroyed.

Safeclaim: You know that Lordgenome is not in this game. If she were, she'd be a rolecop.

Falseclaim: At any time, you may send me an ability (or set of abilities) and a role name. If you do, I will make a fake role PM for you using the given name and abilities at the earliest possible opportunity.

Win Condition: You win when mafia control more than 50% of the votes

Please Confirm by PM.
Mod Notes: Obligatory Untargettable. Also, the rolecoppery was for fake claim purposes, as suggested by Tar

Welcome to TTGL Mafia, Slicey. You are Asuka Soryou Langley, Mafia Demotivator. Wait, what!? Isn't this TTGL Mafia? What are you doing here? Oh...you don't like seeing other's hot blood succeed where yours failed. But you'll put a fix to that...if hot blood doesn't work where you are from, you SURE as hell won't let it work here!

Demoralize: Target a player at night. They become a vanilla with no abilities until the next Day phase

Buddies: You know that Cobalt, Rei Ayanami; and Monkeyman576, Shinji Ikari are your mafia buddies. You may talk to them outside the game at any time. Here is a quicktopic to facilitate that.

Safeclaim: You know that Gimmy and Derry are not in this game. If they were, they'd be Townie Grappler Pilots, and be Townie Jailkeepers.

Falseclaim: At any time, you may send me an ability (or set of abilities) and a role name. If you do, I will make a fake role PM for you using the given name and abilities at the earliest possible opportunity.

Please Confirm by PM.
Mod Note: As noted earlier, this was to prevent Simon from completely wrecking scum in 3:3 endgame.

Welcome to TTGL Mafia, MonkeyMan576. You are Shinji Ikari, Weak Minded Mafioso. Wait, what!? Isn't this TTGL Mafia? What are you doing here? Oh...you were bullied into it by Asuka. Figures. Well, that and you are a little jealous of the awesome power of hot blood. But...that doesn't matter...you don't want anything to do with these giant robots...you don't want to save the world...you don't care...You just want to be left alone...and maybe if you help Asuka out this time you will be...

Susceptable: You know that if you are targeted by a cult leader, you will be culted, despite the normal immunity that mafia has.

Unit 01: Target player is killed. This ability can only be used once and only during the day.

Buddies: You know that Cobalt, Rei Ayanami; and Jebus, Asuka Soryou Langley are your mafia buddies. You may talk to them outside the game at any time. Here is a quicktopic to facilitate that.

Safeclaim: You know that Yoko is not in this game. If she were, she'd be a one shot dayvig.

Please Confirm by PM.
Mod Note: Totally a red herring and hilarious as hell to see how it influenced the game. I totally didn't expect to see that at all. But with the masonizer I guess it makes sense. And no, Monkey could not be mason recruited.

===============================================

Falseclaim PMs
Welcome to TTGL Mafia, MonkeyMan576. You are Nia, Townie Cult Investigator. You worry about the apparent willingness of previous foes to just simply join you against this new threat, and you'll make sure to check them out! You're sure that you can figure out who might be trying to take advantage of this crisis for their own gain!

Investigate: Target a player at night. You will investigate target player to see if they are part of a cult.

Please Confirm by PM.
Welcome to TTGL Mafia, Slicey. You are Lordgenome, Strong Minded Townie. The power of spiral energy is strong in you. Even if you had to dial it back to prevent the antisprials from taking over, you still have a very strong sense of hot blood and wellbeing. You have evolved past susceptability to anything, and you are glad for it. You also want to stop the main threat that presents itself to the group, since after all, you don't want to destroy humanity...you want to save them!

Strong Willed: You cannot be recruited by cults.

Please Confirm by PM.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Role Actions:
D1
Seraphim targets Boxman with Giga Drill Breaker: Success
Monkeyman targets Sociopath with Unit 01: Success
Chaco uses Total Despair: Success

N1:
Everyone and their mother targets Vi

Vi targets Slicey with Bodyguard: Success, no effect.
Jahudo targets Vi with Organize: Success, no effect.
Yosarian2 targets Vi with Track: Success, sees Vi target Slicey
SnowBunny targets Vi with Watch: Success, sees Yos2, Jahudo, SnowBunny, and chamber target Vi
chamber targets Vi with Kill: Success
Slicey targets SnowBunny with Demoralize: Success

-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Excellent game, FL. Strange roles for mafia, though.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Excellent game, FL. Strange roles for mafia, though.
A few, sure. But I mean, do you really think conventional mafia roles could fit the awesome of Simon and Kamina?
-StrangerCoug

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:51 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Your lack of comments of the awesome glasses in my avatar makes me sad. :(

I noticed when I was catching up and I was like...oh God, the game's over, isn't it...

So, good job, you were an accurate harbringer of the towns doom for an outside reader. At least I don't have to insult you post game

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh, by the way, comments on the set up are appreciated. And required. Or I will find you and Giga Drill Break your FACE!
-StrangerCoug

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by RayFrost »

it was fun, 'nuff said.

<--- can't really review
don't you feel silly now?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Vi »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Oh, by the way, comments on the set up are appreciated. And required. Or I will find you and Giga Drill Break your FACE!
Pitch's face is too cute to break.

I gave you my review already... although Bodyguard really was an open invitation to include an Inquisitor role, I noticed during D1 :?

Arguably. To be fair, I didn't know of the inquisitor role til I had it in TRADTiMM...which started AFTER TTGL. But seriously, given the amount of deaths available D1, that'd just be bastardly.

Oh, and your review wasn't actually given since you said you had to see the whole set up.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Too much deaths around for three scums, imo. And lack of doc. :/

I'll be honest, I'm thinking you probably should have been a doc instead of a bodyguard. However, the amount of town controlled deaths actually should make it fairer given three scum. Also, notice that town power, on it's own, SHOULD have caught all three of them, but most of you played badly. But yeah

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by RayFrost »

rule #15
don't you feel silly now?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Vi »

Vi 964 wrote:To be fair, I didn't know of the inquisitor role til I had it in TRADTiMM...which started AFTER TTGL. But seriously, given the amount of deaths available D1, that'd just be bastardly.[/color]
Check item 14 ;)

The balance turned out okay in the end. The only real complaint that I have is that a terrible Kamina or Simon could overpower just about anything the rest of the Town did.

Well, Kamina was someone you only had to deal with for one day. And if Simon made it to D3, odds are town was in good shape ANYWAY. But yeah, I'll read that link.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Cobalt »

I liked the game although I think I would have played better if I hadn't lost access and broken my concentration. IMO giving me untargetable was a bit silly with several powerful town roles that could ignore it.

Two roles. And they didn't ignore it, it's just the way their abilities worked didn't actually target you. And hell, the watcher just got extremely lucky. I really didn't expect pretty much every power role to target the same person.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am

Post by Slicey »

Setup was good, although the Masonizer role was completely useless. Maybe too many kills going around though.

Fair about the kills, though it IS TTGL mafia. And the masonizer role was meant to be inadvertent vanilla. It had ONE shot of being really awesome, but otherwise was probably the weakest power role
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”