populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:00 am

Post by populartajo »

It's not a total massclaim. It's a claim your last action so we can use puzzle logic and POE to probably clear some players and out some unprepared scumbags. It's not like you are the same role from yesterday.

Role name and role movies are prob not indicative of alignment. So Im, all for restricting the arsenal of future fakeclaims.

Also, seriously how is Vaya 100% totally town?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:03 am

Post by milkshake »

tajo wrote:why do you think nicholas cage could be a bad guy?
According to wikipedia, he does play some bad guys, but I was just assuming jasonT was right about him being the bad guy in that movie, so nevermind.

@DGB: Oh, I see what you're doing...
I'm town, and I want you to investigate who you bloody well choose. How is that? Make the scum sweat. Look at milkshake jumping on the opportunity to get you to investigate poptajo!
You told him to investigate whoever he wants and then suggested that he investigate me. Riight. :P

Anyway, I agree that he should investigate whoever he wants. But he
wants
to hear other people's suggestions. :P And I'm sticking to my suggestion despite DGB's antics...

Tajo was a decent suggestion since he could confirm or reject the bad-guy-in-movies = scum theory. Of course presumably Nicholas cage is a good guy in some of tajo's movies (although oddly, he didn't say his other movies.) (And I doubt tajo's the godfather... I'm assuming based on the first post that everyone even scum has rotating movie-based abilities, so he could be at most godfather 1 out of 4 times. The godfather thing was just more DGB antics.)
DGB wrote:I wouldn't mind if you stopped fishing for doctors.
Heh.
jasonT wrote:Wait what? you make it sound like I have the ability to kill...where do you get that from... I said yesterday.
The ability to kill? I'm afraid you misunderstood me. I was asking if you have the ability to target an alive person, since, after all, your ability could resolve after they died.
Tajo wrote:role movies are prob not indicative of alignment. So Im, all for restricting the arsenal of future fakeclaims.
But you didn't give your role movies!... Did you?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:14 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

populartajo wrote:Also, seriously how is Vaya 100% totally town?
I don't have to share my formula.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:19 am

milkshake wrote:Tajo was a decent suggestion since he could confirm or reject the bad-guy-in-movies = scum theory.
Not only would it confirm no such thing, but Jason would be an idiot to investigate a player on the advice of another OVEREAGER player. The godfather comment is not "antics." I'm dead serious, don't make light of it unless you're scum, in which case making light of it is totally expected.
so he could be at most godfather 1 out of 4 times.
Speculative. But then again, maybe today is Poptajo's day of being godfatherrific.

BTW, upon further consideration, whoever jailed me is almost certainly town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:20 am

TOWN

DrippingGoofball
curiouskarmadog
Psychologic
MordyS
Iecerint
Vaya
jasonT1981
* my mystery jailer

SCUM

milkshake
DragonsofSummer
ortolan
populartajo
cateraction - scum but dead?
*minus my mystery jailer, if placed in scum list

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:22 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:
TOWN

DrippingGoofball
curiouskarmadog
Psychologic
MordyS

Iecerint
Vaya

jasonT1981

* my mystery jailer

SCUM

milkshake

DragonsofSummer

ortolan
populartajo

Same list, but showing that the players in bold are currently in play.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:24 am

Look at that. One lurker (jason), one lurker from yesterday that was almost lynched (Vaya), and one irritating player (I <3 you MOrdyS).

And the smooth talkers DoS, poptajo, and milkshake working the scum side of things. Coincidence?

milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:42 am

Post by milkshake »

You really are a goofball! If I'm scum for "making light" of you, then so be it!

By the way high five to my fellow smooth talkers, DoS and poptajo.
Not only would it confirm no such thing, but Jason would be an idiot to investigate a player on the advice of another OVEREAGER player. The godfather comment is not "antics." I'm dead serious, don't make light of it unless you're scum, in which case making light of it is totally expected.
This is silly, first of all for calling me overeager when I was like the 4th person to suggest a target (Vaya is a fine target too, though, so look I can go with the grain as well as against it!), and second of all for the godfather thing, which obviously could conceivably happen your way, it just seems extremely unlikely to me. But I won't argue against this opinion any more, you're entitled to it, I guess, and yes it is conceivable.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:13 am

You're right! Other players tried to steer the investigation.

MordyS wisely held back.

Scumtajo jumped and asked for a Vaya investigation.

MordyS disappoints me and agrees.

In other news, something caught my eye and I have to move milkshake.

TOWN

DrippingGoofball
curiouskarmadog
Psychologic
MordyS

Iecerint
Vaya

jasonT1981

milkshake

* my mystery jailer

SCUM

DragonsofSummer

ortolan
populartajo

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:40 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Wait, why am I scum now DGB? I was on your neutral list all of yesterday.

I'm with DGB on the claiming, it actually seems like scum trying to find out who the most powerful townies are on day 2 so they can get rid of them tonight. Especially with this few "active" players.

That said I also agree that Jason should investigate whoever he wants to. With six players left that have votes, it is all too likely that scum are going to try and direct our lynch today (if I am right and there is more than one "active" scum today), and they will do their best to direct night actions as well.

vote Populartajo
the more I think about it, the worse the claiming idea becomes, and you have made a crap case against Vaya as DGB said.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:14 am

Post by populartajo »

Milkshake wrote:Tajo was a decent suggestion since he could confirm or reject the bad-guy-in-movies = scum theory. Of course presumably Nicholas cage is a good guy in some of tajo's movies (although oddly, he didn't say his other movies.)
I could swear I did post them.

Here they are: Face/off Con Air The Rock Lord of War
dgb wrote:I don't have to share my formula.
I want to know if vaya is ckd confirmed level or just a read.
dgb wrote:Speculative. But then again, maybe today is Poptajo's day of being godfatherrific.
Maybe you should start explaining why I am scum, dgb.
dgb wrote:BTW, upon further consideration, whoever jailed me is almost certainly town.
Funny, I got to the opposite conclusion. Care to explain this approach?
dgb wrote:Scumtajo jumped and asked for a Vaya investigation.
I think he is scum, so yeah, I want an investigation on her.
dos wrote:I'm with DGB on the claiming, it actually seems like scum trying to find out who the most powerful townies are on day 2 so they can get rid of them tonight. Especially with this few "active" players.
You don't even know what you are talking about, right? We ARE NOT claiming our today roles. We ARE claiming what we did yesterday, powers that we dont have anymore today. Scum is free to target the most powerful role that acted yesterday, but they take the risk that today that player has a total different role.

This isnt hard to understand, is it?
dos wrote:vote Populartajo the more I think about it, the worse the claiming idea becomes, and you have made a crap case against Vaya as DGB said.
Why dont you think for yourself one sec and start posting why do you think I have made a crap against Vaya?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:15 am

Post by populartajo »

EBWOP

lol, those last two quotes belong to dragon of summer.

mod, fix tags please?
Call me Tajo.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:20 am

Post by MordyS »

Idle speculation before I go into class, but if populartajo isn't scum, I think it's definitive that the roles have only a loose relationship to alignment. Face/Off is iffy, but afaik, Lord of War is definitely an ambiguous protagonist.
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:22 am

Post by populartajo »

I have a theory about the number of scum alive at this point. I know Tony is a good mod so with the amount of deads, jailing and missing, I doubt he planned to have all scum alive at the same point besides day 1. These lists could become important near endgame, so remember them posteriorly:

Pretty sure we have 1-2 scum in this list:

DragonsofSummer
jasonT1981
milkshake
MordyS
populartajo
Vaya

And 1-2 scum in the dead/jail/missing list.

DrippingGoofball | Jailed Night 1
curiouskarmadog | Killed Night 1
ortolan | Killed Night 1
Iecerint | Choked to death Day 2
Psychologic | Went missing Night 1

With this partial massclaim, my idea is to know exactly who did what so we can solve this game like a puzzle and use poe to catch unprepared scumbags. For example DGB thinks his jailer is town. I disagree but lets use the example. So, if that player claims, then dgb will have another town read. See how this works?
Call me Tajo.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:22 am

populartajo wrote:I want to know if vaya is ckd confirmed level or just a read.
Close.
populartajo wrote:
dgb wrote:Speculative. But then again, maybe today is Poptajo's day of being godfatherrific.
Maybe you should start explaining why I am scum, dgb.
Lurking, crap case, asking to investigate Vaya, instead of a hard to read experienced player that could do a lot of damage, like, say, DoS, or yourself.
populartajo wrote:
dgb wrote:BTW, upon further consideration, whoever jailed me is almost certainly town.
Funny, I got to the opposite conclusion. Care to explain this approach?
It has protected me from death. Why, you have a better explanation? Let's hear it.

=============
Hey guys! Al Pacino = The Godfather = cateraction = scum?
=============
populartajo wrote:blah blah blah
mass
claim

Blah blah blah
safe
claims.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:26 am

Looking at the cateraction last minute wagon... I bet cateraction, with his zwet-like qualities, was vigorously late-wagon bus'ed at the very least.

.... DragonofSummer, Vaya

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:31 am

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 35#1977335 is the one what was instrumental in the jason to cateraction switch. Almost certainly town.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:54 am

Post by populartajo »

dgb wrote:Close.
Close what? DGB, stop playing the dense card.
dgb wrote:Lurking
I had limited access a big part of day 1 and was terribly busy the last days of day 1. So no.
dgb wrote:crap case
tell me why do you think its a crap case.
dgb wrote:asking to investigate Vaya, instead of a hard to read experienced player that could do a lot of damage, like, say, DoS, or yourself.
yey, say i want the cop to investigate me so that you can finally have a good reason to call me godfather. :roll:

Investigating vaya is a good idea because vaya is an awesome informational flip. DOS is my second choice, fyi.
dgb wrote:It has protected me from death. Why, you have a better explanation? Let's hear it.
Mafia Jailkeeper. Remember it doesnt only protect you. It roleblocks you and gives you zero voting. If you are town, dont you think its likely that you were "jailed" instead of "killed" because mafiosos thought you would be protected?
dgb wrote:Hey guys! Al Pacino = The Godfather = cateraction = scum?
Hey, this is actually your best post of the day!
dgb wrote:Blah blah blah safe claims.

Safe claims are not even related to my idea of this partial massclaim. Are you even reading?
tajo wrote:With this partial massclaim, my idea is to know exactly who did what so we can solve this game like a puzzle and use poe to catch unprepared scumbags. For example DGB thinks his jailer is town. I disagree but lets use the example. So, if that player claims, then dgb will have another town read. See how this works?
Call me Tajo.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:36 am

The problem I have with that Tajo is you are asking us to claim actor and who we were yesterday. That isn't okay with me at this point in the game, I will tell you I had no night actions yesterday, but I am not prepared to give my role.
-Tyler Durden
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:43 am

Post by populartajo »

DOS wrote:That isn't okay with me at this point in the game
Why not?
DOS wrote:I will tell you I had no night actions yesterday, but I am not prepared to give my role.
Thx for your partial cooperation. Are you saying that you didn't have an action to make or that you decided not to use your action?
Call me Tajo.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Vaya »

First off, I have no claiming my role and action last night, it doesn't seem that useful anyway. I am Tom Cruise. Yesterday, I assumed my role in Mission:Impossible. I was told that, as a spy, I could investigate a player and would receive a cryptic video detailing the movies that person had to select from.

Much to my surprise, the mod meant that literally, and after investigating jason, I received a brief video that was difficult for me to figure out given that I had not seen any of the movies jason mentioned. I did, however, in an effort to figure it out, read the plot summary of the second movie he mentioned, and the second scene from the video seems to match up with it. Jason is most likely telling the truth about his claim. Also, I have a feeling I may have been wrong about jason being scum yesterday.

Vote: populartajo
, his latest posting just feels bad to me.

Actually, I'm pretty much in complete agreement with Goofball's scumlist and reads, now with milk in the town category.
DrippingGoofball wrote: =============
Hey guys! Al Pacino = The Godfather = cateraction = scum?
=============
Also, with cater probably being the godfather, jason's results are almost guaranteed to be correct.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Vaya wrote:Also, with cater probably being the godfather, jason's results are almost guaranteed to be correct.
True, that.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:37 pm

And going against my own strident advice, I will suggest an investigation.

I think the most opaque and experienced player here might be DoS. Paradoxically, I am alarmed by the sheepish way he's agreeing with me. I think MordyS in particular should appreciate that kind of logic.

My preference would be to investigate DoS or poptajo, and lynch the other one if there is an innocent result.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by populartajo »

vaya wrote:Vote: populartajo, his latest posting just feels bad to me.
gogogo explanation.

DGB: No refutals to my defense? Also you are prob the only one that hasnt claimed what you did last night. Please do so.
Call me Tajo.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:28 pm

I did not have a night action to take, on any other day I could have, but because there had not been a previous night my role didn't have a night action yesterday.
-Tyler Durden

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”