Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Netlava »

Yes, let's lynch Vino already. Btw, Yankee, your vote isn't on Vino atm.

VOTE COUNT

Vino (1): Netlava
Netlava (1): Vino

Not Voting (2): Nikanor, Yankee

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
2 is needed to lynch at deadline.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry, I was at work.
Yankee, I'm going to trust you on this one....
Vote: Vino.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Yankee »

Yay, and if im wrong, which i dont think I am, then you can kick me in my butt later ;)

Netlava, can you tell us your TRUE role now since the game is over one way or another. Just incase you see this before the mod does...
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vino still isn't hammered, lol.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by Netlava »

Hammer!
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by Vino »

For the love of god I had my second degree black belt test yesterday. That was all day and practice the whole day before and today I had to take a trip out of town. I'm really sorry about that.

Also short on content my ass Netlava look who's talking. I posted an entire novel about you that nobody apparently read.

This pisses me off. Does anybody even want to read the remaining thoughts that I have about why I think Netlava connects well to SB and Looker, or does nobody even care?
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:03 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I care. :(
Unvote.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:25 pm

Post by Netlava »

It looks like it's a big case, but it's not.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:05 am

Post by Nikanor »

Elaborate.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Yankee »

oh, i could have sworn my vote was on Vino... I will have to read his post he is referring too, i must have overlooked it or something. But off to work now for another 9 hour shift.... :(

Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Netlava »

As in Vino's post looks long, but a lot of it doesn't have anything to do with his actual case.

I've crossed out the irrelevant bits as follows:
Vino wrote:
@Yankee: So then you don't actually have any concern with my behavior yesterday, just the fact that I got it wrong, even though three other people did too? I can understand if you said, "The nature of your vote was scummy," but you're saying, "You suck at picking scum," which actually isn't really very scummy at all, just means I suck at the game, apparently. Is this just another instance of people building a case against me without any apparent evidence? If you want to vote me on my voting record, then you need to remember that I cast the deciding vote to lynch the treacherous lover pair. Also this is "woulda coulda" but I would have done the same for SB, if I had been around that day.

Anyways let's analyse some voting patterns, starting with Nikanor. My vote of Nikanor happened much earlier than page 14 for these reasons:
I wrote:* For refusing to back up his votes with more than just "Don't you agree?"
* For going back and forth between votes to see which one will stick.
* For talking so flippantly about lynching lovers.
Naturally it seems I turned out to be wrong, but I still think the logic was good. I still think lover lynching was a bad idea -- Right now all of the lovers but Yankee are currently dead, a situation that maybe could have been avoided. Anyway...

Just after that ani picks up the vote as well, which I didn't particularly enjoy. At the time it seemed like blatant bandwagoning, as if he thought maybe it would pick up steam if he lended his vote to it.

SB's vote of Nikanor was a lot less scummy than her vote on Yankee which was one of the main things that sold me on her being scum. Still, it appears that she was trying to pick up momentum on a new bandwagon or something, I dunno. Two pages later Looker makes his as well, and now there's two scum on a bandwagon that I started. At the time I didn't actually really notice, because Looker's vote came on the end of a huge post that I didn't entirely digest, as it was mostly nit picking between Nik and Looker, but I think the motive probably was more to build up steam than anything else. Yankee was on Nikanor's wagon for a short time on page 13, so it looked as though it was picking up speed. It didn't stick though, and these two stayed with their votes on Nik until they both changed to Yankee on page 21. I think it's pretty telling that their votes seemed to move together, I suppose it's more apparent in retrospect. I remember suspecting at the time that Looker was Khamisa's lover, and my memory is terrible but I think his change over to Yankee was one of my pieces of evidence.

Shortly after that I was forced to pick a side between Yankee and Khamisa, and that ended D1 with the treacherous scum lynch. So let's look at Khamisa's lynch.

Kirbyoshi and Honcho are flipped town and not very interesting to talk about. Here's Netlava's vote of Khamisa.
The entire post is thus:
Netlava wrote:
Unvote, vote: Khamisa
Shortly after he comes up with this, without being pressed for it:
Netlava wrote:Plus, it bothered me a bit that Khamisa was on Yankee's wagon. I don't think scum would be that eager to bus.
Pretty weak logic in my opinion. Seems more like an excuse to hop on a wagon than it does actual scumhunting. At this point, with both of his buddies on Nikanor's wagon, maybe he thought it was a good time to do some distancing from them. I especially like the follow-up post to that:
Netlava wrote:Looker, aside from responding to random quotes, who do you think is scum?
Looker responds with her Nikanor vote, dodging the question entirely, and Netlava doesn't take up the case. Looks like scum banter to me.

(I'm just going to continue from here with an iso on Netlava.)

Netlava proceeds to push a Khamisa lynch for a while. I read this as distancing and giving cause for plausible deniability later.

I love this post:
Netlava wrote:I agree that if Khamisa were scum, Vino would be a likely scumbuddy.
People have paired me with a lot of other people who flipped town in this game.

His last post that day urges more lover lynches, and the from that point he pretty much lurks all the way to Khamisa's hammer, and then all the way through until he hammers animorpherv the next day.

I have to go now, I'll continue later.
---

And a lot of the remaining part is summary.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by Vino »

Netlava, Nikanor asked us to analyze the votes around that time and I did, and that's what the crossed out stuff is. PS - You didn't.

Here's why Netlava matches with Looker and SB:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 33#1889233 - Random vote is on Looker. I've seen a lot of scum open with a vote on their buddy to throw off the voting records. Also does a lot of attacking of Khamisa, knowing that Looker is the partner. Great distancing tactic, especially given Looker's sloppy play.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 53#1947453 - Snow bunny L-1 vote. It's obvious SB will be lynched at this point, so this is obvious bussing.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 55#1942055 - An attempt to shift attention by bussing. Especially when earlier she named Netlava as "not scummy enough to mention" or whatever.

He's always attacked me since the beginning of the game without giving any solid reasons (in my opinion) for most of that time, but late in D4 when his endgame is clear, he's already setting up the D5 mislynch by stepping up his attacks at me, such as in 781. He paints my D3 and D4 play as "lurking and non-committal" when in reality it's more like "I'm crazy busy and don't have time to post." A convenient misinterpretation.

When there are flipped scum I always look for connections between them and other players, and Netlava connects rather well with Looker and Snow Bunny. It's a shame that the only people who actually did that were Battosai and Kirbyoshi, who aren't in the game anymore. That's about all I have time for right now.
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Nikanor »

@Mod: Can you post a link to the scum QT?

... Now why would I do that? The game's still going.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Hmm.
@Mod: Would it be against the rules for another player to post the scum QT?

Yes.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by Yankee »

lol, and who do you propose would be willing to do this?

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:07 pm

Post by Vino »

I fail to see the logic behind any of this, and I'm saddened by the apparent lack of caring about any of the things I've said.
Show

Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Yankee »

I care about what you said, and after reviewing it, i am less willing to lynch you, and actually made me start to think of Netlava as Scum. Notice how I havent voted you?

Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Netlava »

You're going to let Vino's appeal to emotion sway your decision?
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Netlava »

OK, in response to Vino's case against me:

- Random vote = distancing tactic (I suppose the other 2 townies who voted Looker were distancing too)
- Snowbunny L-1 vote = bussing (I expressed my suspicion of her before dramonic did. In comparison, Vino lurked when snowbunny was being pressured)
- Snowbunny's vote on me = bussing (Snowbunny pretty opportunistically jumped on my wagon)
Vino wrote:He's always attacked me since the beginning of the game without giving any solid reasons (in my opinion) for most of that time, but late in D4 when his endgame is clear, he's already setting up the D5 mislynch by stepping up his attacks at me, such as in 781. He paints my D3 and D4 play as "lurking and non-committal" when in reality it's more like "I'm crazy busy and don't have time to post." A convenient misinterpretation.
Actually, I started expressing my suspicions of Vino towards the end of D1.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Yankee, please vote for someone.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by Yankee »

When is deadline?

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I dunno. That shouldn't stop you from voting, though.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by Yankee »

I am going to.....

Vote: Netlava

I hope I dont regret this, but i cant get a read one way or another really and Nikanor, you have said you think of Netlava as more scummy then Vino so I will trust you on this one as you were willing to trust me on the Vino Lynch...

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by Vino »

You keep saying I was lurking when Snow Bunny was being lynched. First I resent the word lurking because it implies that I was trying to avoid this game, which isn't true. I didn't post in any of the games I'm in because I was just busy as hell. Between work and black belt test and all of the other things I do I wouldn't get back to my computer until late some days. November 5th was the last post I made before SB was lynched -- two days before my last black belt seminar and three days before my band played a major charity event, after which I had a lot of work to catch up on. I'm not trying to make excuses or AtE or anything, I'm trying to illustrate a point that there's a difference between not being around
while
SB was being lynched and what you're trying to imply that I wasn't around
because
SB was being lynched. You're misinterpreting the events to make me look bad.

Also thanks to the rest of you for listening to what I have to say and not throwing the game away.
Show

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by Nikanor »

What other games? I only see one other game you're in right now, and that was in night phase when Snow_Bunny was being lynched.

Return to “Completed Open Games”