SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

I do.

I think discontinued have 4 members and by targeting sprite we might well lose ourselves the game.

This would also explain why Empking claimed, and it would explain the 4 kill flavours attributed to discontinued that Empking has fallen over himself failing to explain.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:08 pm

Essentially, I agree that if there's a NK-immune discontinued, I think that would be an ideal lynch.

But that's quite risky, we'd have to lynch unknown rather than obvscum.

We also have no reason to think that's the case, and no reason to think that Empking isn't the NK-immune one, for example.

But then if there's a NK-immune scum left alive by the end of tomorrow's lynch, town can't win.

But then that still means empking is telling the truth, and I have a massive gut feeling that says he isn't. It just doesn't make sense to suggest that he didn't know who was targeted by his own scum team. And it doesn't make sense that sprite would have a 2-shot hitman and not have used either shot by now, you'd have to have some guts to wait till you were down to 8 people before using EITHER shot.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:24 pm

Also, if Emp is telling the truth, and both factions have an UNK, as emp was himself arguing earlier, that means there is a 2-shot with shots left on sprite. So the UNK is not as UNK as we had previously thought and therefore isn't as dangerous.

What about the possibiltiy that we lynch an unknown and let rofl and emp cross kill? I can't imagine why either wouldn't want to kill the opposition - by my count there's 3 or 4 town players left, essentially a non-entity. We're currently acting essentially as facilitators to try to set up a scum vs scum night kill.
I'm old now.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Empking »

SC; You still haven't answered what comic the first and second kill flavour's could come from other that Flintlock.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:21 am

Post by Sajin »

Empking wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
Empking wrote:1. Hasdgfas - Sprite
4. Sotty7 (Slicey) -Sprite
15. Head_Honcho - Dis
17. roflcopter -Sprite
24. Tubby216 (ZazieR) - Dis
Empking wrote:Tubby and ROFL are obv-scum buddies.

The "The game's dead and I want a ROFL lynch but I'm not going to hammer him for no good reason" thing. Plus even after that ROFL is claioming that he's
my
scum buddy and even if you don't have the information (ThatI'm pro-town) that I have, that's clearly not true.
Empking wrote:Sooty; Since you're probably not scum, can you reread the game and vote and ROFL?
there's a major disconnect between these three posts as empking just spouts whatever is most convenient at any given moment
Wow that's incredible I changed my mind about two lurkers slightly when new information came to light.

Well lets go over who empking's unkillable partner could be. I doubt its Sotty, SC, Tubby Rofl and myself due to attacks made today and yesterday. Emp made an appeal to sotty and has been attacking Rofl and less so Tubby today.

This leaves HH and Hasdag

I think it is less likely HH out of these 2 as Empking listed him as DIS mafia earlier today.

If they started with 4 these would be my top 2 picks. Then again if we think they started with 4, empking makes far more sense to lynch. I personally would find it hard to balance a 4v3 and I really hope its not 4v4 (and if it is, I have little to no chance of winning at this point so screw trying to plan for that). I think the most likely is 3v3.

Perhaps some pressure here will kick start this game back to life.
Unvote; Vote: Hasdagafas

@Mod- Prods Please.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by roflcopter »

head honcho's complete, utter and total lack of posting today except to vote for me is one big, honking "I'M SCUM WITH EMPKING" tell. i still don't want to lynch anyone but empking, but if we're talking about voting someone as his partner i think it should be head honcho.

or tubby, who empking did a complete 180 only after i pointed out how likely they are to be scum together, and who empking seemed to be really desperately angry at for not hammering me when he had the chance.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:22 pm

I am not having fun in this game and it's because of the activity.

Sotty hasn't posted since 8 Nov,
HH since 9 Nov,
hads since 12 Nov
tubby Nov 13

Gorrad, I know you're busy. Can you please get the backup mod and have them issue prods/replacements?
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Onto content.

I'm so not comfortable randomly voting out in the group. Barring some unforseen circumstance, I find voting someone other than confirmed scum or almost-confirmed scum 2 is bizarre. I also don't know why you think that's less risky than an empking lynch ><

I double also don't know why you continue to believe Empking. I don't. He was in trouble and pulled a gambit to try to get out of trouble. There's nothing corroborating his story - in fact, there are elements (a lack of a hitman kill from sprite and 2 flavours for one person) which actively go against his story. And finally, when grilled on it he says that he can't remember and deleted the communication where he was told who was taregted when!

tubby makes sense as either scum, so in a way I have a feeling like he might be neither. But I'm double guessing myself because this game has been baning around in my head for ages. I find him scummy, but I think that's partially a playstyle thing as well. I don't know why he didn'th ammer rofl if he wanted a rofl lynch, which makes me think he is scum with rofl, but then he has been arguing solidly against rofl all day, unless it was a bus attempt he got cold feet on at the death.

TO be honest, what I'm lookign for here is to hear EVERYONE'S reaction to Empking's claim, and for justification as to why not to vote him (ie, why do you believe his claim?)

Emp - I don't know 2/3 of the comics in the game, so speculating on which comic the flavour doesn't do it for me, I'm afraid. Are chuckshot and beaverstick close enough that they are likely to come from the same comic? Does anyone else know the comic better?
I'm old now.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Still think we should vote Empking and see what happens during night.
In addition, pressure isn't pressure when you say it's pressure.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by roflcopter »

empking's claim (aside from the part where he admits he's scum) is all likely bullshit. he's either the nk immune member himself or there are three living discontinued, because the only reason to make a claim like that is as a gambit.

hasdgfas' last post is many kinds of awful, but i still feel like empking's partner(s) is/are head honcho and tubby. i can't imagine discontinued-hascow would have missed the opportunity to hammer me when it was there.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Empking »

roflcopter wrote:empking's claim (aside from the part where he admits he's scum) is all likely bullshit. he's either the nk immune member himself or there are three living discontinued, because the only reason to make a claim like that is as a gambit.

hasdgfas' last post is many kinds of awful, but i still feel like empking's partner(s) is/are head honcho and tubby. i can't imagine discontinued-hascow would have missed the opportunity to hammer me when it was there.
Or because you're going to win if we don't lynch you today.

SC- Considering Woodchucks and Beavers are like the exact same thing, I'd consider them pretty close.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Gorrad »

Vote Count brought to you by Froster. "I told you, I'm not Froster any more!".

Empking (4): Roflcopter, Hasdgfas, Sotty7, SerialClergyman
Roflcopter (2): Empking, Head_Honcho
Hasdgfas (1): Sajin

Note Voting (1): Tubby216
With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Prodding Sotty7, Head_Honcho, and Tubby216
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:44 am

Post by tubby216 »

fine

vote empking
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Gah sorry guys. Accidentally deleted this game when I was cleaning out my watched topics. Going to grab lunch then I will catch up and post.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Gorrad »

Day is over, but because I'm not a jerk I'll give Sotty a bit to eat lunch and do her catchup post before night.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Sotty7 »

roflcopter Post 1371 wrote:
roflcopter wrote:tubby, how many members do you think each scumteam has left? who do you think is in each scumteam?
the above questions should also be answered by sotty, hasdgfas, serialclergyman, head honcho and anyone else who still reads this thread.
Right now I am thinking this:

Discountinued = Emp and Sajin.
Sprite = HH and Tubby

SC is a wild card that I could see as scum with emp.

Okay now that I have read what I missed SC's reaction to emps claim does feel genuine. I was thinking that there was a chance he was scum with emp because of his pushing of rofl. Personally I don't see rofl as scum at this point. Of course I could be way off base but how he played the day pushing pretty much everyone feels townie to me.

I don't understand why SC thinks Sajin is a townie.

(Thanks Gorrad)
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:14 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Vote Count brought to you by Samuel's Church. "Every one of you Godless heathens is going to burn. Amen.".

Empking (5): Roflcopter, Hasdgfas, Sotty7, SerialClergyman, Tubby216

Roflcopter (2): Empking, Head_Honcho
Hasdgfas (1): Sajin

Note Voting (0):
With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

As winter nears, the days get steadily shorted. A fact unknown to today's lynched figure, Empking. He grew up in the desert, and both snow and the cold were foreign concepts to him. Nonetheless, the lack of bitter wind was more than compensated by Empking, or Aram, and his scathingly bitter commentary on the world. And random acts of violence. The fact that his comic hadn't been updated in ages didn't improve his attitude, either

Empking, Aram of Men in Hats, Goon of the Discontinued Mafia, lynched D5

N5! Send in night choices ASAP. Considering how many deceased we have, I expect all the following nights to go considerably swifter.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Though not at the rate is was before, your number continues dropping far more than is comfortable. As had happened before, two corpses were side by side. First was Head_Honcho, the mad son of a mad dictator, Gilgamesh Wulfenbach was a force to be reckoned with in the field of science.

His brilliant mind had been shattered by the force of SerialClergyman's Banhammer, which was at the side of his corpse. He was the SYSOP of the forum that hosted Elf Only Inn. His artist could draw, but he was never more than an outline. He had been blown to outlined bits by magic.

Head_Honcho, Gilgamesh Wulfenbach of Girl Genius, Vanilla Townie, Banhammered N5
SerialClergyman, SYSOP of Elf Only Inn, 2-Shot Roleblocker of the Sprite Mafia, Black Magic'd N5

D6! With Five alive, it's Three to lynch!
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

me of all people? Good luck folks.
Immoral Acts: 0
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:10 am

Post by roflcopter »

sigh

serial getting shot is a huge boon, i certainly would not have caught on to him, but the flipside of that coin is that discontinued opted not to kill me, leaving the town in dire straights anyway. there are two opposing scum left out of five total people. and there's me, a sitting duck waiting to be mislynched. i dug my own grave even further when i roleblocked head honcho of all people last night. so, fuck.

all right, i've got that out of my system.

the safest assumption here is that we're facing an un-nk discontinued godfather and a sprite goon. this means we can not rely on crosskills to win the game for town, and everyone today needs to seriously put in the effort identifying who is which scum so we can make the right tactical move.
at this point i'm pretty confident that sajin is town, but beyond that we've progressed to the point where we can't afford to lynch him and have to pretty much go on faith as far as he's concerned. having anyone hammer sajin will auto lose for the town if he is a supersaint, so we're not doing that.

if i get lynched its also a town autoloss, and even if i don't get lynched
today
i'm prime lynchbait for a three man endgame tomorrow, so i'm going to do the only thing i can to prevent that, which is doing my damndest to find both remaining scum. i'll be back after some in-depth reading of tubby, hascow and sotty.
soi soi soi

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Sotty7 »

You do have a point about sajin rolf, I just can't shake my belief he is scum. Going to go over the remaining players in iso and see what I can come up with.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Okay, spent a few hours iso reading everyone left in the game which has lead to my opinions being changed some what.

Tubby/Zazzie

Really not a lot from either player at this point. The only interesting thing of note is Zazzie's opening interaction with Korlash here which I think rules that player slot out as being Discontinued with Korlash. Seemed too natrual to me. Also Tubby's little spat with rofl feels like a town reaction “You're just mad cause your caught scum”

- Probably town but really needs to post more.
- If scum then Probably Sprite due to Korlash interaction

Sajin

Early game play is awful, he lurks hard wagons Kise for a deadline lynch and lies about Percy's meta. Tries to claim Percy was taking a backseat when nothing was further from the truth and then backs down from it

Then over the last two days he does seem to be playing better. I
still
hate his super saint claim and there is Post 1222 where he says emp won't be the hammer on him. I am having a little bit of a hard time understanding what you were driving at here sajin, could you explain further?

In Post 1258 he makes the suggestion of using the SS in lylo is a interesting situation that I hadn't thought of.

-Leaning town now
-Early game is scummy later game is much better.
- If scum is probably Sprite because of how he was on emp. That said he has an early vote on SC.

Has

Has has tunneled a lot on Vino, L_C in the early goings. In his first real (and big post) of the game he mentions Korlash to agree with him on the TSS situation. He also pushes SC on his stance of “I will self vote if Percy flips town.” in iso post 27. Has is also the first person to vote for Dizzy who turned out to be Sprite's most valuable role. More lurking that doesn't look good, but then most of the game, including me has been lurking.

-Attacked SC
-First vote on Dizzy
-Tunnels in the early goings.
-Likely Discontinued scum by shear process of elimination.

Rofl

I am conflicted with Rofl. His approach to the game has felt pretty townie to me, bar some early game lurking he has being posting a lot and questioning a bunch of people about all kinds of things. Seems to be actively scum/town hunting like he normally does. Still he spoke a lot about Percy's scumminess and how he would make a case on him only never did. He also takes an early stance backing Korlash against TSS. Then he comes out with it and claims the Korlash kill when he didn't really have to and my gut is just generally telling me he is town. But there does seem to be more evidence pointing towards Rofl being the last member of the Sprite team. Night kills being a big part of that.

-Slight defense of Korlash at the start of the game.
- Was suspicious of HH being the last Discontinued member.
- Never made a Percy case.
- Was pushed hard by SC which could be bussing, unsure.
- If Scum is likely Sprite mostly because of night kills.

Night kill flavor

Another thing I noticed on my re-read is the distinct night kill flavors we have been getting. Here is the total list by nights.

Night one

Chuckshot (Qwints)
Death ray'ed (TSS Vig kill?)
Erased (Pop)

Night two

Erased (Delathi)

Beaversticked (mufasa)
Electrocuted (Korlash – Rofl's kill)

Night three

Erased (Vino)

Black magic'ed (Fishy)

Hadoken'ed (MoS)

Night four

Sarcasm'ed to death (Sir)

Bannhammered (Tar)

Night five

Bannhammered (HH)

Black magic'ed (SC)

Discontinued kills

Sprite kills

Working from SC's kill I could figure out which of the mafia killed who, as I very much doubt that Sprite killed one of their own last night.

First thing is that from the looks of things each player with the mafia has an individual kill flavor. Excusing the Erased kill, we don't get a repeating flavor until night five, were both “Bannhammered” and “Black magic'ed” come back into the mix. On night two if Rofl isn't scum, one of the scum kills would have had to be blocked. Which really isn't out of the realm of possibility. On the flip side, with Rofl's claim he knew he couldn't kill again because his of his kill flavor. Basically the more I review the game, the more I am willing to accept Rofl as part of the Sprite mafia. However we could try and lynch Discontinued today with the hope that if Rofl is scum, the write up will give him away.

I know there is a few flaws with this plan, one I could be wrong about the individual kill flavors. If that's the case then this really doesn't help. But I think I am right, just looking at the night scenes and combining that with Sajin's claim who said that he also had a kill flavor of flamer thrower or something along those lines.

Also we'd have to lynch the discontinued member for this to have a shot at working. Right now I am torn about Rofl enough to let night sort it out, but I realize I might be the only one thinking along those lines.

If I was to vote right now it would probably be for Hascow, with the thought he is the final Discontinued member. However I want to iso the caught scum members to see if that changes any of my reads I have made here. I would also be willing to lynch rofl if that was what most people wanted, I just think that we could solve the rofl issue a little better with another night.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by tubby216 »

mod i need due to replaced serious computer issues
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by tubby216 »

tubby216 wrote:
mod i need due to replaced serious computer issues
seriuos fail righ there.

I need replaced because i am having serious computer issues
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Gorrad »

How serious? I'm honestly not sure I can find a replacement for a game this late in it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”