California Trilogy: City of Angels - Off Stage (Game Over)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Thunder Clap

Mr. Grey is not pleased. Not one bit.

Another of his actors is dead. That's half now, though a couple of those weren't supposed to be involved in the movie in the first place. And this one was that annoying "I see dead people" kid, all grown up. Would've made more sense for him to appear in the second film, actually.

Someone has ordered pizza, and it's Pizza Hut. Mr. Grey prefers Papa John's.

A girl scout came on set during the scene and talked him into buying some sort of raffle ticket. Mr. Grey knows he isn't going to win anything, and he is already upset about that, too.

And the scene was just dreadful. All that precious runtime wasted arguing about a bingo ball, and for what? They picked a ball that had already been called? Mr. Grey has spared no expense on extras, but they aren't good enough actors to ad lib their way out of
that
. How could they, when every shot of the bingo cards clearly showed the number had already been marked?

At least they got to do the big explosion. Mr. Grey's producer's yacht docks on the island, and thunder rumbles in the distance. There is going to be a storm tonight... and not the kind with rain...

The Outcome for Scene 6 was Very Bad (-2)! curiouskarmadog (Haley Joel Osment, Innocent) is dead. It is Pre-Scene 7. Deadline is approximately 72 hours from this post.

[Something Else] choose one Advocate for Scene 7, as well as an alternate in case that Roles is no longer available. The Advocates can be any Role played by a living Actor, whether they are already assigned to Scene 7 or not. Also, assign the outcomes [Good/Bad] to the alternatives [The High Road/The Road Less Traveled] in whatever order you like.

Director, choose six additional actors to participate in Scene 7, in order of preference - they will be chosen as needed until the Scene has seven characters.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

One of {DGB, Talilan} and StarKiss needs to die.

Now.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

What the hell.

I mean really what the hell.

Time to read up.
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by StarKiss »

On what premise do you want to lynch me exactly, SL?
Because I lynched someone who CLAIMED scum?

We have a bigger and more important thing to uncover here. What are the scientologist and how do they work in endgame, since CKD flipped town, which pretty much proves the MSG exists.

~Dram~
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by StarKiss »

or SMG, whatever.
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by StarKiss »

I just reread the rules. There's clearly something wrong around here.

Unless we've lynched all Scientologists, this should be endgame in worst possible scenario.
I mean, we need a minimum of 3 SMG (2 trigger endgame), but that sounds too swingy. I mean, one lucky lynch and BAM, endgame

So let's say 4. If we have a single scientologist alive, this should be endgame 0_o

Is it possible there were only 2 of them?

~Dram, again~
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by hewitt »

I will be very much so not surprised at all if Goofballs and/or Talilan lied about their results. That whole scene was just ridiculous.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Post by Talilan »

So we chose the wrong person to check, or we chose the wrong person to do the checking.

The scum are kicking our arses.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:02 pm

Post by Talilan »

BTW StarKiss comment on the previous page is, IMO, as good as a scum claim.

~Tal
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Post by hewitt »

Talilan wrote:BTW StarKiss comment on the previous page is, IMO, as good as a scum claim.

~Tal
You know, calling players who find you scummy for valid reasons scum in return got old after...Scene 1? I'm sick of players like you and Goofballs steamrolling the rest of the players and you SUCK at finding scum. In my opinion, it's probably because you're scum yourself. I'm so done with you two.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:46 pm

Post by Talilan »

That's quite a turnaround for you Hewitt. You say StarKiss posted "valid reasons" that I'm scummy? I must have missed that. Are you no longer suspicious of StarKiss?

By the way, who is more likely to be scum Hewitt?.. the person tries hard to lynch someone suspicious or find the right answer to a puzzle but gets it wrong..... or the person who is sniping and complaining from the sideline, but goes along with the ill-fated lynches and ill-fated scene votes anyway?

~Tal
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:07 am

Post by Talilan »

Only 3 people will be left offstage in the next scene.

There are possibly 4 scum left so the possibility of having 2 scum and 1 townie offstage is very real. Therefore I think we should consider using this between scenes time to prescribe who is to be lynched and leave them behind with two others to do the job. If either of them don't lynch the person they are supposed to lynch, we can assume they are scum.

Feel free to nominate who you want to be left behind and lynched. I'll probably go with the majority.

My own nominations are:
Hewitt
zu_Faul
StarKiss

~Tal
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:28 am

Post by Talilan »

My 4th nomination is Thok... either him, myself, DGB or both Hewitt/MO have to be scum obviously.

Out of those options I like the Hewitt/MO combo or Thok for scum.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:00 am

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

What??? CKD claimed Gary Wayne Coleman, and also claimed scum. He's town, and Haley Joel Osment????

I absolutely did not lie about my result; furthermore, I SUGGESTED A PLAN WHERE IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANYONE TO LIE lest getting caught, and where we were pretty much guaranteed a VERY GOOD.

So why not look at the players that weren't fond of my alternative plan.

My plan would have verified every number. No one would have lied under threat of being auto-lynched the next day. The only other player that was keen on it was VP BALTAR. Other than that, we were totally outnumbered.
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:02 am

Well, we weren't outnumbered. It's just easier to say than "we were outwitted."
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:45 am

Post by StarKiss »

So... I didn't follow the math hell going on stage, but from what I've gathered

Hypothesis:
Tals says Hewitt and MO are scum
Tals says I'm scum
Tals wants to leave me and Hewitt off-stage with Zu Faul.

Translation:
Tals wants to leave two of her main scum suspects off-stage, basically giving them control over the lynch.

Conclusion:
Tals is scum.

Discuss

~Dram~
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Thok »

When I did a condorcet last scene, my top five non-CKD for scumminess were (in reverse order)

hewitt, starkiss, VP Baltar, Talilan, Goofballs

I'd probably drop Baltar down a little bit and hewitt up a little from the events of the last scene.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:18 am

As long as CKD remained alive, the SMG could remain an unlikely theory.

Both Gaspar and JellyLee were certain that the SMG was hogwash. JellyLee, who was convinced that CKD was scum, earlier, was nightkilled. Gaspar was lynched in broad daylight.

Who helped CKD stay alive?
The SMG, that's who.

I have errands to run today and a BD party at night and I don't have time for a lengthy re-read right now. If anyone else believes that some players were huddling around CKD to protect him from the lynch, that may be a lead worth pursuing. Right off the bat, I think Talilan is one. But there may be others. I just wish I had time to check myself.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:56 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

So what we take away from CKD is that SMG does exist. Okay.

The only way I can see this working is if {Something Else} is a combo of SMG and Scientologists. But I just don't see the point of two scum groups and why there are so few NKs.

I'm also conflicted on hewitt now because his number checked out. Unless somehow things got maneuvered to where we were picking from two bad choices? Math people, help?

I'm incredibly frustrated. Seriously, this game.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Talilan »

What we can take away is that CKD was telling the truth as best he knew. It doesn't prove two mafia groups. IF (and that's a big IF) there is a SMG that is separate and distinct from the Scientologists then it may be a single person with a separate win condition. But the anti-town group ARE KY, Pooky, and whoever their friends are. NO QUESTION.
Tals wants to leave me and Hewitt off-stage with Zu Faul.
Not true. I want to pick one scum and leave them offstage with two people who will lynch them. This is an important pick as it is probably the last person we will find out the alignment of before endgame. I put forward 4 picks for who to lynch.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:18 am

Talilan, are you seriously suggesting that something called the Screen
MAFIA Guild
is a single player???

It appears as if you'd prefer for people to think there is no such thing as a Screen Mafia Guild, now that we know it does. Yet, when CKD was alive, didn't believe very strongly that he was telling the truth? Or am I mixing you up with another player? A few players said that there is no way CKD would be making that up. I recall you were one of them but my memory may not be accurate.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:19 am

EBWP: ...didn't YOU believe very strongly...
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Talilan wrote:What we can take away is that CKD was telling the truth as best he knew. It doesn't prove two mafia groups. IF (and that's a big IF) there is a SMG that is separate and distinct from the Scientologists then it may be a single person with a separate win condition.
Well, it's not what CKD said, and I think we can take what he said at face value now.
curiouskarmadog wrote:the "mafia" name is Screen Mafia Guild (SMG). If I would have driven, I would have become a member of their crew...if Valentine drove I would remain innocent.

---

it was in my advocate PM about being able to join the SMG in scene 1

---

I do know that I was offered to join the mafia...I could have EASILY joined them day one, but chose this path.
etc

He specifically called them a mafia group, and I see no reason not to believe him. And regardless of their numbers, they're still an anti-town faction. That said, I'm completely at a loss as to how it's supposed to work.

My list:
hewitt
StarKiss
Thok

Obviously some sort of crazy manipulation went on last scene. It must have happened before hewitt asked his question, so his answer being correct is null.

Question to you: Who are you designating to leave behind as the lynchers?

Also: Why zu_Faul?
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Talilan »

I believed he was TOWN. I occasionally know town when I see it, and in CKD I SAW it. He WASNT making it UP. But there is also NO evidence towards a second mafia group called SMG and in fact the game setup does NOT lend itself to a second mafia group.

I have NO FRIGGIN CLUE who or what the SMG is. I am GUESSING when I say it might be a neutral aligned player because I just can't see other obvious options..

But I KNOW as certainly as any player playing a mafia game can know, that the "PRIMARY NON-INNOCENT ALIGNMENT" is KY KREW, POOKY and WHOEVER THEIR BUDDIES ARE. I can't see any other possibility given that we have ONE PNIA, TWO dead scientologists and a bunch of dead townies.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Talilan »

Who to be the lynchers? Not sure yet. Volunteers or noms will be considered.

Why zu_Faul? I've long thought he was scummy, and reading the interactions with Thesp off-stage last scene I wanted to throw his name out there. He is the elephant in the room and I agree with Thesp that I'm tired of dancing around it. We can't let a scum slip by pretending to be the AP if they're not.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”