Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Kdub »

WarWound picked up his prod but has not posted. I am prodding again, and will replace him if he does not post.

Edit: WarWound has requested replacement.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Ugh, sorry its taking me so long to catch up. I'm on page ten now, and so far Wicked and Crueknight look pretty scummy, sort of a weird read on Haylen. Not really sure what to make of her.

More to come.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I was having issues with the internet. I'll try to catch-up as soon as possible.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Faraday »

Waiting on Haylen and stuff.

Also everyone should be voting, as Furry said. If not you better have a damn good reason, this close to deadline.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Ok, I'm done reading.

Vote:Wicked

He seems to be overloading the thread with wall posts that no one wants to read, but which have exceedingly little content. That to me is a form of lurking. He is posting lots, but saying almost nothing, so that people pay little attention to him. Its pretty WIFOMy, but its the best I've got.

Rhinox has also been making big chunky posts, but his are usually full of content.

CrueKnight seems like flustered town, but I could easily be wrong.

No one else stands out particularly so far, but I'm going to do some iso reads to get some new ideas.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
SolemnJ
SolemnJ
Goon
SolemnJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by SolemnJ »

I disagree.

Wicked's posts have had just as much content as everyone elses, but more quotes. I feel he's been acting pretty pro-town.
All things are based on perspective.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by Faraday »

foilist13 wrote:Ugh, sorry its taking me so long to catch up. I'm on page ten now, and so far Wicked and Crueknight look pretty scummy, sort of a weird read on Haylen. Not really sure what to make of her.

More to come.
You don't mention this weird read of Haylen in your full catch up post. Explain this.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Kdub »

Sir Chris replaces WarWound. Thanks!
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Hey guys, new to the site, thanks for giving me a chance Kdub.

I only have a minute at this very second, I'd just like to say my first impression is that...
SolemnJ wrote:I disagree.

Wicked's posts have had just as much content as everyone elses, but more quotes. I feel he's been acting pretty pro-town.
Seems defensive in a scummy way from what I know of scum play, I'll explain more in a bit.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

On the other hand doing a quick glance through the thread the angry when SolemnJ voted seemed genuine, so that is something to consider as well. I just noted that because I took the time when I said I would replace to read the last page of the thread, so the quoted message jumped out at me.

So SolemnJ, in what manner is he acting pro town? Why do you think his content could perhaps not be faked as scum? Just curious.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Faraday - I'm still not sure. She makes so many jokes that I can never tell when she is serious, and for a while she just sort of dropped off the map. It like she jokes enough that she can say that anything wasn't serious if it comes back to bite her. I don't like her play style, but I've played with her before and she was pretty much the same, including the not posting. (She was town then)
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@SolemJ - We will have to agree to disagree, because there is no way you're convincing me he has posted serious content more than once. The only difference between him and anyone else is that he asks a lot more questions with no apparent point to them, and quotes literally everything he responds to.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by Furry »

Did we get that deadline extension?

If not we need to orginize something. I dont like the CK wagon in the least bit, and the Haylen wagon doesnt look too great either. This is a all or none deadline game though I think.
Temporary unretired alt
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Vote: Wicked

Maybe I am just seeing things, as I am not very aware of different playstyles and how people address situations differently here but I have this phrase I use called "deep thinking" which I always view as a town tell: It is the line of reasoning and logic that seems too genuine and thought over to be scum. Now, of course, scum can fake this if they are good enough, but the absence of such thoughts over many, many posts is worrisome. Much of Wicked's supposed content has been very thin or simply a redirecting question back at someone else. This is very scummy, and easily worth my vote.
Katniss
Katniss
Townie
Katniss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:50 pm

Post by Katniss »

Hi guys. I'm sorry for not being around.

I read a bit over what has been posted recently, and I've missed alot. I notice one thing about people saying, I am a newb. Which is, I've come to the conclusion is true. I am just so, not used to the playstyle people have on this official mafia scum forum, compared to playing on my other forums.

I took off my vote on CK, because I thought I had a decent reason to vote for him, because of what I thought was a bandwagon he jumped onto, but then it is shown by many here, that bandwagons, aren't really a bad thing, so I withdrew the vote.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:00 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

My first thought on reading Katniss' post is "this person is scum."

That explanation seems very rigid and didn't ring true to my ears.

Wanted to post that just in case I forgot later.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Unvote Vote: CrueKnight

He looks to be the biggest bandwagon that I actually prefer, and we only have three days. I'm going to start catching up now.

Hi Faraday.

Furry wrote:And that not an inconsistancy, which I addressed already too
Making a pressure vote doesn't mean you want the player lynched. I have casted votes before just to pressure the player. You are trying to act like you can never just do one or the other. I think you are only saying that, because of post 267.

Hi foilist13.

Faraday wrote:Feels different to when I played with him before, he was town, I was scum in that game, but yeh he seems to have improved.
Thanks. :P

Faraday wrote:Wicked has twice now pointed out that he's never been scum. Noted.
No comment.

Faraday wrote:Post 273. Wicked you're willing to vote yourself? WTF??
That was a joke.

Haylen wrote:I consider myself and easy lynch because my playstyle has flaws that I am still working on.
Such as?

foilist13 wrote:He seems to be overloading the thread with wall posts that no one wants to read, but which have exceedingly little content. That to me is a form of lurking. He is posting lots, but saying almost nothing, so that people pay little attention to him. Its pretty WIFOMy, but its the best I've got.
I disagree. I think I have posted content, given my thoughts, and given my suspects.

Sir Chris wrote:Maybe I am just seeing things, as I am not very aware of different playstyles and how people address situations differently here but I have this phrase I use called "deep thinking" which I always view as a town tell: It is the line of reasoning and logic that seems too genuine and thought over to be scum. Now, of course, scum can fake this if they are good enough, but the absence of such thoughts over many, many posts is worrisome. Much of Wicked's supposed content has been very thin or simply a redirecting question back at someone else. This is very scummy, and easily worth my vote.
See my response to foilist.

Also, I would like to say that this is the way I normally play in terms of content and sizes of posts.

I am going to keep my vote on CrueKnight, but I would prefer to lynch foilist, Furry, or Katniss.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Well, yes, I hope you would disagree with the facts. If you didn't disagree then you would not be playing to win. You'd be saying "I am scum, please lynch me." You are not really providing content, you are providing posts that respond to the accusations, but don't answer them. Note my paragraph that I talked about you, all you had to say to that entire paragraph was 'See response above" and all that said was "I disagree." So you responded to two different people in a way that could be summed up with "I disagree." Now sure, you said a little bit more than that, but it was all fluff beyond that.

Also I have to question "Also, I would like to say that this is the way I normally play in terms of content and size of posts." It seems to be baiting me to go and check it out, which makes me believe, by phrasing, that you are trying to parrot your past town play as your first time as scum, if you sig of 7 games played is still accurate.

That post seemed very scummy to me, it addressed none of my concerned, and posted no meaningful content.

Also his vote on Crue seems poorly timed and out of place.

I just can't see anything Wicked has posted as pro town and a lot of anti-town/scummy playstyle that doesn't add up to me.

I really like this lynch and think we should pursue it. It is important we get our votes in a row so scum cannot be the controlling factor on this lynch. I see no reason to think of Wicked's posts as pro town or providing content, and the fact that SolemnJ defended them is worrying.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:44 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Also of note I will say that SolemnJ looks bad in my eyes regardless of what Wicked is. It is either defending a scumbuddy or buddying a town member, but that post looks bad considering the worth of Wicked's posts seem to be very thin.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Kdub »

Vote Count

CrueKnight (4)
- Torqez, Scott Brosius, SolemnJ, Wickedestjr
Furry (0)
-
cruelty (1)
- Haylen
Sir Chris (0)
-
Scott Brosius (0)
-
Rhinox (0)
-
Wickedestjr (2)
- foilist13, Sir Chris
malpascp (0)
-
Faraday (0)
-
SolemnJ (1)
- Furry
DeathNote (0)
-
Torqez (0)
-
foilist13 (0)
-
Katniss (0)
-
Haylen (3)
- cruelty, Faraday, Rhinox
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (4)
- Katniss, malpascp, CrueKnight, DeathNote

15 players alive, 8 votes needed to lynch.

Deadline is November 25, ~ 8:30 am MST

CrueKnight, DeathNote, malpascp, and Torqez have been prodded and informed that the deadline is in ~72 hours.

Regarding the deadline extension, I will only grant one if the majority of players request an extension or if there are extreme circumstances (e.g. several replacements needed just before the deadline, etc.).
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:11 am

Post by Torqez »

-_-
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Torqez wrote:-_-
Would you mind posting some content with that disgruntled face?
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:41 am

Post by cruelty »

Wicked wrote: I am going to keep my vote on CrueKnight, but I would prefer to lynch foilist, Furry, or Katniss.
Why are you voting for someone who isn't even in your top three?
Furry wrote:If not we need to orginize something. I dont like the CK wagon in the least bit, and the Haylen wagon doesnt look too great either.
Make a case and push it. This looks you putting down a soapbox that you can stand on tomorrow in the event of a mislynch.
the nexus of the crisis
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Torqez wrote:Got the prod - I'm around - will post more later.
Torqez wrote:
DeathNote wrote:I don't have a read due to so much wording. I am so lost...
hear hear -_-
Torqez wrote:-_-
Last 3 posts over 6 days. This is unacceptable heading into a deadline.

Haylen... post. please. post whatever you have of your 3 analysis posts you claim to be working on.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Faraday »

it literally took me an hour to read everything and type it up while eating my dinner. I mean come on ffs, too many people not doing anything in the game.

Haylen if she has anything wrote should post it. Ugh this is annoying. Malpa's surely lurking too. Post plz.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”