Psychologic
Psychologic
Townie
Psychologic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:59 pm

Post by Psychologic »

Another thing to consider, mafia will likely hop on any wagon on a town-aligned person that has some momentum since this game is no reveal and it can not be able to be used against them. Therefore, people that switch their votes a lot should be viewed more suspiciously than people that don't since it could potentially be a demonstration that they are willing to further any lynch.

Sincerely
Psycho
logic
Psychologic
Psychologic
Townie
Psychologic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by Psychologic »

jasonT1981 wrote:Bruce Almighty
The Number 23
The Mask
Ace Ventura
In all these movies, he is the protagonist, which doesn't necessarily clear him but I just checked in case they were villain roles. jasonT1981's role power doesn't give indication of alignment either way, but I think it would be more likely to be in the hands of town since the scum would resurrect their partners while town would have no idea who they are resurrecting.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by ortolan »

DGB going after lurkers is way too easy

I meant to say that before, I still haven't read yet
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:29 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

This will probably be my last chance to post before the deadline, and so I will also
unvote, vote Cateraction
because I have no reason to doubt the claim right now.

@psycho: Who the votes are moved too also deserve consideration, and the circumstances under which they are changed when looking at the vote "hopping" of other players though.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:50 am

Post by milkshake »

jasonT's claim is OK but not fantastic. An ability interacting with the zones of death mechanic is confirmable, though, assuming he targets whoever we lynch today, but wouldn't that actually be bad for us if he did that?? That's what gets me.

cateraction is a decent alternative... his "I was trying out a scummy playstyle" thing is almost policy lynchable considering he hasn't posted since...!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:57 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

ummm, why has milkshake just posted the exact same thing word for word that 5cvm just posted? except for the ...! its word for word...

weird

I removed the alt-fail, in case anyone was wondering if jason had lost his bearings -.- -Tony
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:54 am

Post by TonyMontana »

For whom the bell tolls

L-2
cateraction
(5) Iecerint, DrippingGoofball, Jason, Psychologic, DragonofSummer
L-4
JasonT1981
(3) milkshake, MordyS, Vaya
L-6
MordyS
(1) populartajo
L-6
Vaya
(1) ortolan

Not voting: cateraction, curiouskarmadog

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is in
30 hours
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:00 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Psychologic wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:cat, so you are actively lurking......minus points for that, plus points for admitting it...
You point out cateraction's lurking, yet you don't even mention the person that is clearly posting to avoid being prodded:
there is nothing clear about anything....how do you know he was posting to avoid being prodded?
Psychologic wrote:Another thing to consider, mafia will likely hop on any wagon on a town-aligned person that has some momentum since this game is no reveal and it can not be able to be used against them. Therefore, people that switch their votes a lot should be viewed more suspiciously than people that don't since it could potentially be a demonstration that they are willing to further any lynch.

Sincerely
Psycho
logic
this is a silly statement and could be a passive aggresive move to stop people from changing their votes at this point. I dont like this statement at all. I am not going to keep my vote on someone if I think someone is scummier. Going by this statement, I should be higher on yout town list. I jumped off a wagon that had more votes onto a person that had 1....people followed my move, yet you have closer to scum...explain.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:01 am

what the hell...why does it keep double posting?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:04 am

Post by Iecerint »

I interpreted his statement as a reaction to the piling-up of votes onto jason that happened yesterday.
Psychologic
Psychologic
Townie
Psychologic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Psychologic »

curiouskarmadog wrote:there is nothing clear about anything....how do you know he was posting to avoid being prodded?
Well, what do you suggest he posted that for? Comedy?
curiouskarmadog wrote:this is a silly statement and could be a passive aggresive move to stop people from changing their votes at this point. I dont like this statement at all. I am not going to keep my vote on someone if I think someone is scummier. Going by this statement, I should be higher on yout town list. I jumped off a wagon that had more votes onto a person that had 1....people followed my move, yet you have closer to scum...explain.
I never stated that it would condemn/clear someone, therefore you are twisting my words for your own advantage.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:31 am

Iece, I know what he is referring to.
Psychologic wrote:Another thing to consider, mafia will likely hop on any wagon on a town-aligned person that has some momentum since this game is no reveal and it can not be able to be used against them.
Therefore, people that switch their votes a lot should be viewed more suspiciously than people that don't since
it could potentially be a demonstration that they are willing to further any lynch.

Sincerely
Psycho
logic
what am I twisting?

are you not saying people who which thier votes should be viewed more suspiciously?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:33 am

Psychologic wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:there is nothing clear about anything....how do you know he was posting to avoid being prodded?
Well, what do you suggest he posted that for? Comedy?
You are putting motivations into a post that maybe shouldnt be there...How do you know he is posting to avoid a prod? And even if he is doing that, why is that scummy? Do townies not post to avoid a prod?

if anyone here is twisting anything it is you.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Iecerint »

Read it in the context of the previous sentence to get my interpretation, unless you're just pointing out that you interpreted it the same way as me.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:35 am

at any rate, cat, since we have less than 30 hours...if you are going to claim, do it now..if you dont claim, I am interested in finding out why you think that is a protown move.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:48 am

Iecerint wrote:Read it in the context of the previous sentence to get my interpretation, unless you're just pointing out that you interpreted it the same way as me.
I do understand what you AND psycho was saying in your posts. And to a certian extent I agree....if he would have said, this quick jump on a bandwagon is scummy, I would have agreed with him...but what he did say was something different. His words DO NOT match his actions.

Post 241, Vaya has 5 votes, cat has 2. (it should also be noted that cat is not voting vaya)

post 266 vaya votes Cat
post 273 DGB votes cat
post 278 I vote jason (who at the time had 1 vote)
post 282 Mordy votes jason
post 283 Vaya votes jason
post 285 DoS votes jason
post 287 jason claims
post 289 jason votes cat
post 290 jason has 5 votes, cat has 3
post 294 I unvote
post 296 Psycho votes cat

post 299 Psycho has be 4th on his scum list.

just under milkshake, Vaya, and cat.

he then posts this.
Psychologic wrote:Another thing to consider, mafia will likely hop on any wagon on a town-aligned person that has some momentum since this game is no reveal and it can not be able to be used against them. Therefore, people that switch their votes a lot should be viewed more suspiciously than people that don't since it could potentially be a demonstration that they are willing to further any lynch.
now given this..I understand a vote on Vaya, but a vote on cat who hasnt switched his vote around that much at all...and why is milkshake so high on his list, who also hasnt switched his vote around.....so between Psycho and I...who is jumping on a wagon that has momentum? Between cat and Vaya..who is jumping on a wagon who has momentum?

he is talking a big game, but his actions do not add up.

----

this being said, looking at those votes...

vote Vaya
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:57 am

Post by Iecerint »

I had the same thought as my-interpretation-of-Psycho just before he posted it, but my interpretation of said post may've been colored by my indifference to J's wagon. It would be nice if Psycho could clarify.

I vaguely recall that Psycho has asked for the basis of players' town reads on you without getting a good answer; I kinda identify with him as I did the same thing and didn't get back anything satisfactory (e.g. references to your "dashing good looks," etc.). So that may be the reason. I think Psycho is unlikely to be scum, except with DGB.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:20 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

curiouskarmadog wrote: post 278 I vote jason (who at the time had 1 vote)
post 282 Mordy votes jason
post 283 Vaya votes jason
post 285 DoS votes jason
post 287 jason claims
post 289 jason votes cat
post 290 jason has 5 votes, cat has 3

Hmmm, upon looking at this the Wagon went very quickly didn't it? 3 votes between 282 and 285. I get the feeling at least one of the votes is opportunistic scum with the way the voting moved so fast upon me.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Vaya »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
this being said, looking at those votes...

vote Vaya
I've been doing with my vote exactly as I've been saying I've been doing with my vote, which is putting it on whichever one of jason or cater looks like the most likely lynch, because I think there both scum.

Unvote
Vote: cateraction

jason's claim doesn't change anything about him in my eyes, though. A reviver role could just as easily be a scum role as it could be a town role.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:30 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Vaya wrote:
I've been doing with my vote exactly as I've been saying I've been doing with my vote, which is putting it on whichever one of jason or cater looks like the most likely lynch, because I think there both scum.
Seems quite tunnel-visioned to me, as if you don't want to look elsewhere and are just happy to chop and change your vote to go with the popular wagon.

You admit to voting with the more likely lynch... why not vote who you feel is scum instead of going with the popular wagon?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Iecerint »

lol @ jason's recent post. Vaya is tunnelvisioned AND she wants to go with the popular wagon. Amazing. <_<

I agree that the wagon on him sorta grew extraordinarily fast, though. :?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:42 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Tunnel visioned as in only looking at myself and Cat. It seems she is refusing to look elsewhere hence tunnel-visioned.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:43 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

And wanting to change her vote between myself and Cat based on who maybe the more popular wagon at that time.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:43 am

Post by Iecerint »

I think most players in the game are only looking at you and cat at present. And Vaya, maybe.

In other news, tajo is not giving me the attention I deserve. :(
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:45 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Final Vote Count (this is not a mistake)

L-1
cateraction
(6) Iecerint, DrippingGoofball, Jason, Psychologic, DragonofSummer, Vaya
L-4
JasonT1981
(3) milkshake, MordyS
L-6
MordyS
(1) populartajo
L-6
Vaya
(1) ortolan, curiouskarmadog

Not voting: cateraction

With 12 alive, it took 6 to lynch

After much deliberation and quarreling, the town started stringing up Jason in a noose. He claimed he was Jim Carrey, which was enough for people to cut him down, and bring up the next victim instead.

Cateraction was about to say something in his defense. Nobody was really sure what happened next. Maybe he tripped off the stool, maybe someone tripped it for him, maybe he was a foot shorter than the reach of the rope, maybe it was just his time.

Either way, he was dead, to the shock of the 6 people who strung him up. May his soul rest in peace, and his body refurnish the universe.

cateraction | Lynched Day 1

Deadline for night actions is
Monday 11pm CET
(52 hours from now)

Please send your next movie choices as well, and tell me if do not intend to use an ability if you have one.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”