Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by Netopalis »

I think that Scumtells don't really work because they're known now. I actually have a personal private theory that scumtells are now actually towntells because mafia members are more likely to watch their posts carefully for known scumtells and avoid them. But, that's WIFOMy and likely to get me lynched if I ever bring it up in a real game.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

You have to profile a player. We're like the FBI here.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Amished »

One thing that I need to do moreso now more than ever though, is reread people.

I find scum through gut, mostly (a post just doesn't read right); and then I make a tally. After I get my tally, I need to actually reread somebody cause after I got to Saber/Doombunny being lynched, I reread DB when I was dead (without knowing his status) and I was wondering what the hell I built my case on =\ Still takes time to scumhunt properly, fortunately right now I have a lot of free time on my hands.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Chaco »

I need to rival my laziness. It's like, I go on sprees on hype for a game. Then I burn myself out by posting so much so quick. The it becomes a "chore", and then the spark reignites and then I hype more. Then I become tired, and do stupid things. Examples have been seen by a player in this game. Let's not go there though.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I have the same thing Chaco, it's something we need to correct to have consistent good play. I had that burn-out while you, Neto, and DB were debating and by the time I got back into the game it was too late.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:47 am

Post by Konowa »

Net, DC sucks. I have no idea why you like it so much. Perhaps it is because I have lived here my entire life. *shrug*

Anyways, I know my problem D1 was all the noise that was happening. I could not place a finger anywhere with saber and Doom being all spaz-like. Generally I get a good gut feeling on two or three players and am happy with any of their lynches. The only feeling I got D1 was that Amished was town, and more than likely vanilla at that, and that I should jailkeep him. I was sad when he died. I auto-assumed that with kik flipping JOAT that she got lucky and rb'ed me. Oh well. There generally is a point in the game where it all starts to make sense to me. After I slowed down and re-read Shotty D2 I was almost 90% sure he was scum. Also Net, as for the whole me repeatedly calling for lynches. It is really more a facet of how I play. If I get a feeling that strong that someone is scum I generally just like to shove it down their throat.

Also this:
ABR wrote:You have to profile a player. We're like the FBI here.
Start looking for individual tells. Yes, that is meta and I know some people hate using it. However, I have found recently if you just do a quick, cursory meta scan of a player you think is scum you can find some things.

Any critique would be nice.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Netopalis »

Konowa: Part of it is probably that it's the only large city that I've ever really lived in..I grew up in a town of about 6,000, and to me, DC has so much culture and opportunity, comparatively.....
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:15 am

What made you think I was scum Konowa, just gut or what? I did legitimately hunt Saber but when town refused to see reason there I was very unhappy and my play slid down-hill.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Konowa »

I do not remember what exactly it was, but like magnus said using connections to try and find scum is fine and dandy but using connections through scum is too WIFOMy for me and something I have seen scum use before. It is not the same, but it would be something similar to lynching off of who was NK'ed. Another thing was that when you were trying to push a case on sABeR at the start of D2 you did not question ABR at all. Also, the fact that you did not bring up saber's D1 play until later. It was like you were trying to justify your case based entirely on what saber did and use kik to tie it together.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:27 pm

Meh I was convinced just through Kik's attempts to save him, I couldn't believe it wasn't enough for you guys it was so obvious... >.> I finally brought up his other play in the end but Kik's play totally wrapped that up for me, I mean his play was scummy D1 but I didn't feel like reiterating the points against him. Talking to ABR would've been pointless he couldn't have explained either thing.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:36 am

Post by magnus_orion »

still waiting on explanation from looker.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Netopalis »

Has anyone PM'd him?

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:53 am

Post by Netopalis »

Kairyuu wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:@Kai

Maybe from an outsider's perspective, I claimed scum for no reason. But I think everyone knew I was going to get shot by either Shotty or Neto, or would've been lynched in the end because of my flavor screwing me.
Your flavor was designed to keep you safe actually. Seras is one of the more prominent "good guys" in the series. Neto's scumtheory was misguided and brought about by lack of information. Also, Shotty was for lynching you since early D1, so his suspicion had nothing to do with flavor methinks.

@all: Mod thoughts on the game will be up either later tonight or tomorrow.
Misguided? Perhaps. It is true that every single member of the scum group was a natural vampire, though.

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:09 am

Just blacklist looker, he won't explain himself.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Post by Looker »

Blacklist? Hmm, I see we have high hopes for my explanation. What exactly am I to be explaining?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

You can start by explaining why you claimed scum as a weak town power role near the end of D1 as a serious attempt to get yourself lynched. Personally, I'm not all that against blacklisting you for that, as well as Archon for flaking.

By the way. I'll be getting the mod comments once I come off V/LA on Friday.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by Looker »

I'm sorry, Kairyuu, I didn't mean any disrespect to your game, but you have to compile experiences for future references. Now I know everyone's alignments and the majority of the intentions behind their reactions, which'll be helpful in future games. I apologize and fully understand if those future games will in no way whatsoever involve you.

It's all for a good cause. Currently, I've lynched two scum consecutively in two separate games - I've come a long way.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:43 am

Post by Netopalis »

But why did you falseclaim in this particular game? You nearly ruined it for the rest of us.

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Amished »

Oh fuck off with your future meta/game experiences. You claim scum, you should always die. That will never change, so you can die in a fire if you thought that was a good idea.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Looker »

Not for meta, old man, but I think I
will
fuck off.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:24 am

Post by magnus_orion »

playing without the objective of winning completely defeats the purpose of playing at all. And gathering data is possible without poor play. Its actually quite easy. Also, considering the rate at which people join/leave the site and meta/reactions change over time, your data is virtually worthless. But nice try.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Looker »

This would've gone a lot smoother if u guys were idiots. Can't you just play along for two seconds? Let's pretend I did it for some really majestic reason or something like that as opposed to I didn't think I would get lynched.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Chaco »

Looker wrote:This would've gone a lot smoother if u guys were idiots. Can't you just play along for two seconds? Let's pretend I did it for some really majestic reason or something like that as opposed to I didn't think I would get lynched.
Clearly we aren't the idiot here.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by Amished »

Relying on the stupidity of others rarely works out in your favor. Especially when said others play a game of logic and psychology relatively constantly and throughout the day were pretty much proven not to be all that idiotic.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by Looker »

I was hoping you'd get all scrambled into some mental kerfuddle or something.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”