Mini 852- Crayola Catastrophe Game Over (Post 1158)

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:20 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Pomegranate wrote:
Socio, please address 1133. Specifically, you said that you found it strange that scum had never targeted either you or EK, because you both appeared townie. I then said that it was likely that scum
had
targeted EK, but you replied that it was also strange that Yankee was killed last night. What point were you trying to bring out?

As you haven't replied to 1133, and more...
Vote: Socio
Lern2Reed
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Jahudo wrote:

Pome is not making any sense. She believes Socio is scum, and scum tried to kill e_k night 2. Why would scum kill his lover? That is beyond WIFOM. Scum wouldn't commit suicide. I still feel good about my vote.

I agree.

vote Pome
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:27 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

For some reason I'm still getting the feeling that there is a lone killer in the game. In the case of such I really can't see that person then being tied to a lover as then if one of those two people were lynched then the game would be over.

I want to stay away from EK and Socio. I could see Pome as a possible candidate, but I would still rather stick to my original gut feeling of Jahudo.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Deadline?
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Ack. Deadline?
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Crap that deadline is in eastern time.
Under majority deadline lynches suck.
Vote: Pom

She needs to die.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I think I would've died anyway, as I had three votes, the majority.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Pomegranate wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
It takes 4 to lynch.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count

Pomegranate (4)- Kirbyoshi, Jahudo, elvis_knits, SocioPath
Jahudo (1)- ChiboSempai
SocioPath (1)- Pomegranate

Not Voting (0)- No one

Death Scene

As the day drew to a close, the town was in a consensus

Kirbyoshi: Ok, so we are all in agreement?
Pomegranate
must die.

ChiboSempai: No,
Jahudo
needs to die!

Pomegranate: Ya, or
SocioPath
! Really, anyone but me!

Kirbyoshi: Well, it's 4 against 2. You die. Now.

Jahudo: Quick, grab her!

SocioPath: To the sharpener!!!!!

The other 5 crayons take Pomegranate to the sharpener

elvis_knits: Any last words?

Pomegranate: Fine, I admit it. I killed
Totally Awesome Dude
. There, you happy? I killed him because I had to, for all of us. Everyone thinks
Totally Awesome Dude
is their best friend. Guess what? He's not. You can't be best friends with everyone, you're just friends to him. He told me all of this at the bar the day he died. I was so furious. I felt so betrayed. I did what any of you would do if you had the guts. I slipped him a roofie in his drink and knocked him out. Then I took him to the sharpener and finished him off. You guys shouldn't be killing me. You should be thanking me. Thanking me for making your lives much easier, for ridding everyone of that scum of a person. So please, don't kill me. You need me, for the next person who comes along and acts like
Totally Awesome Dude

ChiboSempai: She's right. She did us a favor. I say we let her live.

Jahudo: Ya, I agree.

SocioPath: I forgive her.

elvis_knits: Ok, lets get her off that tube to the sharpener.

ChiboSempai: Give me your hand...ugh!

As ChiboSempai reaches for Pomegranate, he slips and pushes her into the sharpener

SocioPath: Well, no harm no foul. She was a killer after all.

Jahudo: Who's up for getting drunk?!

All surviving members of the town...

????: Hey Battousai! Did you finish your art project yet?

Battousai: Uh... I'm just about to start it after I do something real quick....

Pomegranate -
Serial Killer
- has been lynched D4

The Town (Shanba, SocioPath, Kirbyoshi, Yankee, ChiboSempai, Jahudo, Nachomamma8, ZazieR, elvis_knits) and the Jester (semioldguy) WIN!!!
Last edited by Battousai on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Battousai »

You are the red crayon. Someone killed your best friend, Totally Awesome Dude. You must find out who and make them pay. Everyday, you may participate in voting on who is the killer(s). At night you may not talk to anyone, otherwise you may be killed by an act of nature. Damn you mother Earth! 

You are a vanilla townie. You win when all anti-town players are killed. 

Confirm by return PM 

Mini 852
You are the orange crayon. Someone killed your best friend, Totally Awesome Dude. Together with your spouse, Josh Lyman, you must make the killer pay. Everyday, you may participate in voting on who is the killer(s). At night you may talk only to your lover, otherwise you may be killed by an act of nature. Damn you mother Earth! If your lover dies, the following night or day phase, you will commit suicide. 

You are a Lover. You win when all anti-town players are killed. 

Confirm by return PM 

Mini 852
Mod Note: If the one lover is NK'd, the other will commit suicide at the beginning of the day
You are the green crayon. Someone killed your best friend, Totally Awesome Dude. You must find out who and make them pay. Everyday, you may participate in voting on who is the killer(s). At night you may not talk to anyone, otherwise you may be killed by an act of nature. Damn you mother Earth! 

Confirm by return PM 

Mini 852
You are the olive crayon. Someone killed your best friend, Totally Awesome Dude. You must find out who and make them pay. Everyday, you may participate in voting on who is the killer(s). At night you may not talk to anyone, otherwise you may be killed by an act of nature. Damn you mother Earth! At night, you may choose a target to kill. You can only do this once, so be wary. 

You are a 1-shot vig. You win when all anti-town players are killed. 

Confirm by return PM 

Mini 852
Mod Note: May target any living player. If target is also targeted by the SK, the ability will still be used. If the player targets the SK, the ability is used.
You are the brown crayon. Last night, you killed your best friend Totally Awesome Dude. Well, ex-best friend. It turns out, he was EVERYONE's best friend. When you were drunk with him the previous night, he confessed this and in a fit of rage, you killed him. Now, you plan on killing on all of his “best friends” as well. They should suffer, the same way Totally Awesome Dude made you suffer. Everyday, you may participate in voting on who is the killer(s). At night you may not talk to anyone, otherwise you may be killed by an act of nature. Damn you mother Earth! Once per night, you may choose a target to kill. You may chose not to kill, but never on two consecutive nights. 

Bonus ability: You have a 1-shot bulletproof ability 

You are a SK. You win when all other players are killed. 

Confirm by return PM 

Mini 852
You are the cyan crayon. Someone killed your best friend, Totally Awesome Dude. You must find out who and make them pay. Everyday, you may participate in voting on who is the killer(s). At night you may not talk to anyone, otherwise you may be killed by an act of nature. Damn you mother Earth! At night, you may choose a target to investigate. Your sanity is not guaranteed. 

You are a cop. You win when all anti-town players are killed. 

Confirm by return PM 

Mini 852
Mod Note: Results are paranoid
You are the blue crayon. Someone killed your best friend, Totally Awesome Dude. You just can't take this loss, so you try to commit suicide. But alas, you don't have the heart to do it yourself. So, you must get the town to lynch you. Everyday, you may participate in voting on who is the killer(s). At night you may not talk to anyone, otherwise you may be killed by an act of nature. Damn you mother Earth! At night, you may choose a target to investigate. Your sanity is not guaranteed. 

You are a jester. You win when you get lynched. 

Confirm by return PM 

Mini 852
Mod Note: Results are Paranoid
You are the yellow crayon. Someone killed your best friend, Totally Awesome Dude. You must find out who and make them pay. Everyday, you may participate in voting on who is the killer(s). At night you may not talk to anyone, otherwise you may be killed by an act of nature. Damn you mother Earth! 

Confirm by return PM 

Mini 852
You are the dark blue crayon. Someone killed your best friend, Totally Awesome Dude. You must find out who and make them pay. Everyday, you may participate in voting on who is the killer(s). At night you may not talk to anyone, otherwise you may be killed by an act of nature. Damn you mother Earth! 

Confirm by return PM 

Mini 852
You are the Indigo crayon. Someone killed your best friend, Totally Awesome Dude. You must find out who and make them pay. Everyday, you may participate in voting on who is the killer(s). At night you may not talk to anyone, otherwise you may be killed by an act of nature. Damn you mother Earth! 

Confirm by return PM 

Mini 852
You are the violet crayon. Someone killed your best friend, Totally Awesome Dude. You must find out who and make them pay. Everyday, you may participate in voting on who is the killer(s). At night you may not talk to anyone, otherwise you may be killed by an act of nature. Damn you mother Earth! 

Confirm by return PM 

Mini 852
You are the Dark Red crayon. Someone killed your best friend, Totally Awesome Dude. Together with your spouse, Sociopath, you must make the killer pay. Everyday, you may participate in voting on who is the killer(s). At night you may talk only to your lover, otherwise you may be killed by an act of nature. Damn you mother Earth! If your lover dies, the following night or day phase, you will commit suicide. 

You are a Lover. You win when all anti-town players are killed. 

Confirm by return PM 

Mini 852
Mod Note: If the one lover is NK'd, the other will commit suicide at the beginning of the day
Last edited by Battousai on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Battousai »

This game was to be run as an experiment of sorts. I was trying to find a way to balance a 12-player game with a lone SK only. Every town powerrole was mostly used to help the SK. The cop was tricky, as it could either count as a win, 1 mislynch, or 2 mislynches. If the cop investigated the SK, and decided to claim, the SK would probably lose without a decent claim. If the cop claims after D1 after investigating anyone else, they would either get the target lynched and/or themselves. Determining how many built in mislynches was a hassle, as I only got my game reviewed, without checking to see what others have done in this kind of setup. The SK has the basic disadvantage of a SK, and the town has the whole "looking for connections" going against it, which was another variable.

The Jester role, was a mistake. I created the pm by copying the previous pm I made and edited it. I missed the investigating part when I edited it, so the Jester also had the ability to investigate.

I believe Pome did a very good job as the lone SK. I think her biggest mistake was going with the doc claim. I think that helped convince the others that she was lying, as that was the only powerrole that helped the town more than it hurt.

Oh, and here is the link to the green room.

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/cDtX7JF4KhBG
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

An order of events backward- how I remember them...

I know I made no sense at the end; I realized last night as I was falling asleep. It didn't worry me much anyway as I knew I was going to be lynched.

This was only my second game as scum, and the first one only lasted two weeks. Fakeclaiming was risky and fun- I knew claiming VT wouldn't get me anywhere.

N2 I just forgot to send in a kill. I was kind of thinking the way I do as a townie [When will night end... the suspense], but I was mostly ignoring it. Afterwards I PMed Battousai asking if te Zazie kill was mine (it was randomized) but he said that he couldn't tell me.

I laughed so hard at this:
elvis_knits wrote:
I pretty much agree that Pome is the play today too. The other roles suggest that a lone scum is possible, given that they provide every advantage to the scum, rather than help town.

But wait I just thought of something. The N2 kill with only one death, and yankee said he killed zazie.

Either Pome would have had to kill zazie too or Pome decided to no-kill to help her fake a doc claim.

If Pome decided to no-kill and woke up to find someone dead, she must have been seriously like WTF!!!!!
N1 I wanted to kill EK because I knew she was a good player, but I got really annoyed when she replaced back in. Later, once day had started, Battousai PMed me asking whether I had wanted to kill the role or the player, but it was too late.

I think the game was hard for me because I couldn't depend on Mafia kills in order to whittle down town's numbers. By D3 I knew I was the only scum in the game. I really enjoyed the game.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

This game was to be run as an experiment of sorts. I was trying to find a way to balance a 12-player game with a lone SK only. Every town powerrole was mostly used to help the SK. The cop was tricky, as it could either count as a win, 1 mislynch, or 2 mislynches. If the cop investigated the SK, and decided to claim, the SK would probably lose without a decent claim. If the cop claims after D1 after investigating anyone else, they would either get the target lynched and/or themselves. Determining how many built in mislynches was a hassle, as I only got my game reviewed, without checking to see what others have done in this kind of setup. The SK has the basic disadvantage of a SK, and the town has the whole "looking for connections" going against it, which was another variable.
Yeah, I do think the game was balanced well enough. Thanks Battousai!
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Lone scum means my insanity wasn't unfounded. XD

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

SocioPath wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
It takes 4 to lynch.
But I was right anyway- at deadline the person with the most votes is lynched, even if it's not a majority.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I'd say the setup was balanced alright but once we massclaimed there were a few assumptions we could make and feel really good about, like an SK not being a lover.

I think Pome played really well when being under pressure. I like how she didn't get over-defensive in her tone or posting frequency. It made me second guess my read a few times today even though I didn't share those feelings.

And I expected more pressure on me for replacing a guy who did nothing, but I can't complain. I understand Chibo's concern about me and I believed his role from the way he handled day 2 in getting a guilty.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Pomegranate wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
It takes 4 to lynch.
But I was right anyway- at deadline the person with the most votes is lynched, even if it's not a majority.
What I was saying, is I don't like lynches going through with less than the majority of people voting. Towns should never have an under-majority deadline lynch. My point was 4 was the number to lynch, and 4 is the number that we should strive for before deadline.

Hence the "Under majority deadline lynches suck." So I made it NOT an under majority deadline lynch by hammering.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

SocioPath wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
It takes 4 to lynch.
What I was saying, is I don't like lynches going through with less than the majority of people voting. Towns should never have an under-majority deadline lynch. My point was 4 was the number to lynch, and 4 is the number that we should strive for before deadline.

Hence the "Under majority deadline lynches suck." So I made it NOT an under majority deadline lynch by hammering.
No, you didn't change the number of votes. You voted eight minutes after deadline, and therefore your vote didn't change anything. :P
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

This game was FUUUUUNNNNN. Clever setup, Batt, and I think it was balanced enough, with the Paranoid Cop and the Lovers, the 1-Shot Vig being used on a town player, and the Jester basically giving scum a free NK, since SOG played a good Jester. I actually just thought of something else: how sure were we of Pom's "Doc" efficacy? I mean, couldn't she conceivably have been an imperfect Doc, which would have fit with all the other roles? Not that it matters now, of course.

P.S.: I'm glad my theory was right; her official role was SK ;)
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

Very fun game. First time being a cop with skewed results, I completely forgot about the possibility of paranoid or insane when the game started (since I've never been in a game with them or as one) hence how I acted Day 2.

My theory on Jahudo really only worked if there was a mafia that was at least 2 people. I didn't really know what to think after the point of a SK came up hence why I didn't post as much.

Very nice everyone.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:46 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Good game everyone, and thanks to Batt for modding! The setup was a fun puzzle to solve.

Pome, you did a good job and didn't panic! I think it was the claim that caught you in the end, but that's always the gamble as scum.

lol @ me and socio being so suspicious of each other.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:55 am

Post by semioldguy »

I had fun! :)

I also had fun as a spectator after day one.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Pomegranate »

I knew panicking wouldn't help any; it would only bring my inevitable lynch closer.

The claim
was
the problem- without it I'd have done better.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I saw this in another thread while playing this game and noted it:
Battousai wrote:Based on the role by itself, SK probably would have to be one of the hardest, followed by any other third-party role just about.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Good job Pome and good job Pome. It was definitely an awesome setup Bat, and you confused me with having a lone SK until the end :D
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”