DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:27 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

@ Psychologic:

To hyperlink posts, in Firefox, Right-click on the tiny icon before "New postPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:45 am Post subject: 174" and select "properties." Simply cut and paste the LINK properties.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:38 am

I am more convinced than ever that MordyS is town. There is no way that scum would purposely be
this
irritating, the fear of getting themselves lynched for it is a strong disincentive. This being said, MordyS should continue to be irritating. He's keeping people hopping and that's always good.

To answer Psychologic's questions: (2) I didn't know whether milkshake's vote was serious or not. It doesn't matter, it was an opportunity for me to voice my opinion. (1) What I didn't take seriously is your proposal. Firstly because it's way too early to role claim, and secondly because if the scum have only villain roles, the game is going to be a little bit too easy.

I like Psychologic's thoughts on milkshake. I'll definitely keep those in mind.

Also, I reiterate. Psychologic is definitely town. As is MordyS. CKD, are you listening?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:11 am

Post by cateraction »

Mordy: Is there any other reason besides my RVS joke that I'm scum?
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:38 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I have a very bad dose of flu, I said on Sunday I had a splitting headache and it has gotten worse since then and turned into the flu.. I have advised the mod I am not able to post as much as I have been told to stay in bed.

Sorry folks. I will be caught up as soon as I can.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:04 am

Post by milkshake »

• DrippingGoofball, in post 28 were you under the assumption that milkshake's vote was serious?
Of course I was "serious" in that yes, I was voting you, for a not completely, totally random reason.
milkshake merely re-states all those points without demonstrating that he has done any thinking for him/herself.
If you read that post, you'll see I was asking MordyS to comment on these things, and besides I was the first to mention the topic regarding you, as you even acknowledge above...

I guess psychologic is doing what he thinks is best for the town, even though he wasn't very careful about making sure he's right, so I have a
slight
town read on him at the moment. (Yes, I know DGB also has a town read. Heaven forbid. :P Mine is many times slighter than hers, though.)

My scum reads are jasonT and MordyS. If I had to choose a third I'd probably go for Iecerint (because he's sort of just "floating along?") but that's not a strong read. MordyS and jasonT are strong reads, both based essentially on overly defensive posting (and, in MordyS's case, accusations solely for the sake of accusation.) I know jasonT is V/LA so that one might have to go on the backburner for now.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:54 am

Post by MordyS »

cateraction wrote:Mordy: Is there any other reason besides my RVS joke that I'm scum?
Yes. The fact that the only things you've posted is this post, and two RVS jokes. Active lurk, much?

Also, I guess CKD has more questions for me to answer -- 1. My wiki has all my completed games on them. 2. I've seen joke votes in RVS stage, I just believe that you can interpret jokes votes as well. If they were totally null, there wouldn't be a point in having an RVS stage. 3. I don't see how one post ruins my case. So you didn't jump at her beck and call to place more votes? Fine, but you still felt it necessary to tell her you're not voting with her.
CKG wrote:now darling I am quite comfortable with my vote....
Which might make sense if she had explicitly asked you to vote. But she didn't, she asked the players of the game to vote for Vaya in general. For some reason you're the only person who didn't vote for Vaya who also felt required to make a post about it explaining to DGB. I think it fits the pattern fine.

Next paragraph:
I've seen town buddy. Yes, theoretically there could be game related reasons that town might buddy -- would you like to explain yours? I've never attacked anyone for buddying as scum (at least, not that I can remember). Of course, I've only been scum once on the forums. So who knows? Maybe something to put in my pocket for the future.

Why did you no longer like your vote on Iece? How could Vaya say something scummy enough to get you to unvote from someone else, but not scummy enough to get you to vote for Vaya? Why didn't you want to revote Iece?

Gut feeling that DoS is scummier at the moment. That could change on a dime, tho.
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:10 am

Post by MordyS »

I just looked over that scum game. In it, I'm attacked for buddying up with casual conversation (as I actually was scum, that's probably why I respond badly to buddying up in games I've played since then). Later in the game I use the argument myself, so yes, apparently I have used that argument as scum. That said, IIRC, there was an excuse for why they were buddying up. One of them believed strongly (this is, btw, a few days into the game, now out of the RVS) that the other was town, and was hitching his wagon. So for our game, lessons learned? Buddying on Day One with casual conversation? Probably scummy. Buddying on Day Three because you believe someone is town? A good excuse maybe to buddy.

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:11 am

Post by MordyS »

EBWOP Not* out of the RVS

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:53 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Wait... your gut tells you I am scummier? Didn't you just attack CKD for a gut vote on the last page MordyS?

Also besides my Vaya vote, which I feel I have explained, point out one place to me after we left the RVS that I was buddying with DGB?
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:53 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Ah, mod can you remove one of my double posts please?
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:34 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Also, I reiterate. Psychologic is definitely town. As is MordyS. CKD, are you listening?
yes dear (notice I didnt say buddy?, lol)....though, not sure I completely agree with you on Psycho yet.(uh oh, now I distancing)
MordyS wrote:
Next paragraph:
I've seen town buddy. Yes, theoretically there could be game related reasons that town might buddy -- would you like to explain yours?
you role fishing?

I unvoted, because I thought I might vote vaya, however, her point about not posting in other games is solid (for now)....

dont have a good place to put my vote currently....waiting for Psycho to answer...I actually think you might be town attempting to scum hunting....

my vote will probably be placed on a lurker sooner than later....
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:16 am

I'm still willing to lynch Vaya. She showed up to the party without her scum hunting gear.

We have her "defense" that her lurking isn't "as much of a scumtell" as "I think."

milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:45 am

Post by milkshake »

We have her "defense" that her lurking isn't "as much of a scumtell" as "I think."
You "can" put "anything" in quotes and it makes you sound so "smart."

Lurking really isn't a big scum tell. It seems to me that even if lurking was considered totally neutral, scum still wouldn't do it because they would be trying to get "town cred."

I remember reading some sort of statistical comparison and it found that scum posted negligably
more
than town. (I'd better go check to make sure I'm right, though. *goes to look in the mafia discussion forum*)
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:14 am

Post by MordyS »

DoS wrote:Wait... your gut tells you I am scummier? Didn't you just attack CKD for a gut vote on the last page MordyS?
Can you show me what you're referring to specifically?
CKD wrote:you role fishing?

I unvoted, because I thought I might vote vaya, however, her point about not posting in other games is solid (for now)....
I'll take that to be a softclaim, then. There are town reasons for buddying that don't involve roles, obv. I still don't understand why you needed to unvote to prepare yourself to vote for Vaya at a later date. If Iece didn't stop being scummy, you should have kept your vote on him until you were ready to vote for Vaya imo.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:18 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

the vote was a weak vote on Iece (early in game)...I didnt think it needed to be there.

also, you can consider that whatever you want...I will neither confirm nor deny that it is a soft claim.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Iecerint »

What exactly are you insinuating that he's "soft-claiming"? The fact that he has a role? Also, if you think he's soft-claiming, why on earth would you advertise it?

Besides, soft claims are pretty meaningless this game. By all indications, our roles change as the game goes on.

MS's post is very silly. Scum posts a lot because they try to look town! Looking town is scummy, guys! Better lurk! :roll:
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by milkshake »

MS's post is very silly. Scum posts a lot because they try to look town! Looking town is scummy, guys! Better lurk!
More or less, yep.

(Town posts in order to win. Scum posts in order to be like town trying to win. The reason people
don't
post is because they have a lab report due on friday.)
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Iecerint »

WIFOM is totally over-the-top and unapologetic.
Unvote; Vote: milkshake
. Bummer about cateraction, though.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by milkshake »

Pff, I make such a nice, concious effort to circumvent the WIFOM and then Iecerint goes and throws the buzzword at me.

Life is cruel. :P
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:32 pm

Lookie here! A Vaya-scum game where Vaya-scum even ended up replaced. Vaya made a single post.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12414

Note that Vaya has not re-appeared here after getting caught.

I'm beginning to suspect that Icerink is being bus'ed, because of the overwrought "cases" against him. Since CKD can't be scum, that leaves ortolan as a possible Greyhound driver, and milkshake, and poptajo with the Icerink FOS. I'm also suspicious of DoS for asking to prod Vaya, before hopping too briefly onto the lurker wagon.

Revision:

TOWN

DrippingGoofball
curiouskarmadog
Psychologic
MordyS
milkshake

NEED MORE

jasonT1981

EVERY SO SLIGHTLY SCUMMISH

DragonsofSummer
ortolan
populartajo
Iecerint

SCUM

cateraction - scum given up
Vaya - also lurkerscum

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Iecerint wrote:WIFOM is totally over-the-top and unapologetic.
Unvote; Vote: milkshake
. Bummer about cateraction, though.
Ooo, Icerink is scum with cateraction? For the dense ones, he's voting a townie pretending to be sad about unvoting his buddy and letting go of the distancing. while drawing attention to it, in case we missed it.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Nah, I'm just communicating that I was perfectly happy voting cateraction, especially given that he's sort of not playing the game.

I have difficulty believing that a player can present the opinion that MS presented without apologizing for it/contextualizing it upon being called out ("Vaya said she had a lab report!") or having an ulterior motive. The most obvious ulterior motive to me is a scum connection.

Also, that is a mean name. :(
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: To be clear, my happiness is relevant because it contextualizes my feelings about MS's play.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:26 pm

I'm Canadian! Ice rinks in Canada are like great cathedrals are in other countries. It's where we working the Puck God.

Please comment on the Vaya-scum game for which I posted a link in my earlier post.

BTW I am sure that the scum has already done some distancing. I'm trying to look at where this distancing may be. I'd like the players' help in spotting the distancing that has already occurred. Now is the best time. That's when distancing occurs in its purest form and most greatest relative abundance.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I am sympathetic to your view that Vaya is scum. However, his play in the linked game is way, way scummier than his play here IMO. He basically doesn't post for a week, then comes in with this post the 8th day the thread's been open:
Vayascum, elsewhere, wrote:Can't say I'm thrilled about the idea of another quicklynch(I never even got around to posting Day 1 before it ended), but I can't see how this situation makes any sense with mipe being a vanilla town. I'm not going to stall a scum lynch just for the sake of more discussion.

Vote: mipe
"I hate quicklynches, and I've lurked all week that the thread's been open, so I'm gonna quicklynchhammer! :) " I mean, this is MS-level absurdity.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”