Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:23 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:I had an out, I was going to claim vig and say I killed Kik, probably would've bought me at least a day with some finagling, I DID nail all the scum and if ABR died and flipped scum I feel like I would've been vindicated.

I feel like you caught sort of a free-pass because your role was so ridiculous as to make you conf-town tbh, your D1 play wasn't as solid. I felt like your later play was a lot better than your play on the first day when you were mired with Amished, though I was going to attack your constant vote hopping. You did a fine job AFAIC proving yourself to be pro-town.
Your play was terribad, everyone suspected you from *before* your claim :P

FL just kinda confirmed it. You really played a weak game imo, kik was a lucky shot, as I said she could have self-protected, and it's not like catching 2 scum is something to be proud of. I'm saying this because that's how I feel about myself, even if I caught 5-6 scum in Illuminati I don't take credit for them because in the end I lost because the town was too many. Same thing with the SK game against the cop claim.

In the end it doesn't matter whether it's a win or a loss, it's what you learn from the game and also enjoying the experience (despite bastard moddery).
But what was wrong with my play? =\ My reasoning for my vote stands solid in retrospect and Saber's play D1 was awful, I don't get how everyone just let that go.... I guess I don't understand how Konowa and Neto fell on that wagon, only MO seemed to really have it out for me and beyond his and Konowa's repeated lynch shotty chant I didn't see a solid chunk of evidence before Neto posted and I was fairly sure I had that covered.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

You played as town and not as SK.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:28 am

It's the same mistake that most SKs make. Your tunnelvision was too much, and you kept on me for so long even when everyone else had forgotten about saber, that's when you finally turned on DB it was just unrealistic and scummy. I had the SK pegged from a group of Neto, Chaco and yourself.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

OH YEAH~

Looker! Get in here NOW and explain yourself!
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:33 am

From my point of view, I wanted to keep the SK alive so we could both hack the town twice as fast. Anyway, 12-player games with 2 scum suck ballz.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:36 am

Netopalis wrote:Yeah, I saw that thread...wasn't going to say anything for the same reason that I didn't want to advocate a massclaim - it makes the game too mechanical.
Agreed here, I love theme games because it's fun playing a role of a character I know, but I also feel like by giving the roles names you've turned the game into logic puzzle rather than mafia... Especially if there's no compunction to not mass-claim.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:38 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:It's the same mistake that most SKs make. Your tunnelvision was too much, and you kept on me for so long even when everyone else had forgotten about saber, that's when you finally turned on DB it was just unrealistic and scummy. I had the SK pegged from a group of Neto, Chaco and yourself.
Bleh, I did try to play it as a townie would, but I didn't think it through I suppose. Ah well lessons learned for next time.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:40 am

I agree about the record thing actually, when I mark up my first victory as an SK I want to be standing on the piled corpses of a dead town, so this cannot possibly be a win.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:45 am

Post by Netopalis »

lol, you thought that I was the SK? I guess I was a bit tunneled....but my defense of DB turned out to be right!
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:50 am

Netopalis wrote:lol, you thought that I was the SK? I guess I was a bit tunneled....but my defense of DB turned out to be right!
Only because of the vig-claim, but I did feel many times that you were obvtown.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:15 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Netopalis wrote:lol, you thought that I was the SK? I guess I was a bit tunneled....but my defense of DB turned out to be right!
Honestly, after I found out I was after Alucard, I figured you were fakeclaiming him. If Shotty had claimed anything other than Alucard, and no one else claimed him, I'd have zoomed in on you probably, Neto, based purely on claim.

Yeah, I know, not very smart but fortunately it didn't work out that way.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Amished »

One question, and I mentioned it in the green room too. Initially the maf was gonna knock off Net with the strong-arm kill. Instead you {ABR} knocked off me through konowa's jailkeeper ability (thanks Konowa ;))

What made you go after me instead of Net? I mean, I'm glad I (as VT) drew a kill that normally would've been stopped, and took it away from a pro-town vig ability that allowed us to kill ABR at night if he didn't claim.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:28 am

Post by Netopalis »

Interesting....I hadn't thought about that. You see, my PM says that I am NK-immune, not bulletproof. Based on a reading from the Wiki, I thought that bulletproof was susceptible to strongman, while NK-immune was not.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Konowa »

That's why Amished died. =(
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Setup Time!

Town:

Archon/MafiaSSK:
Welcome to Hellsing Mafia, Archon. You are Walter C. Dornez, Vanilla Townie.

You are a servant of the Hellsing family, and though your skill with garrot wire is considerable, it won't serve you well in this situation. As such, you have nothing but your voice and your vote to use to bring down the supposed Mafia.

Abilities:
None

Win Condition:
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Please confirm via PM acknowledging that you understand your role.
Looker:
Welcome to Hellsing Mafia, Looker. You are Luke Valentine, Pro-town Neighbor.

You and your brother Jan (Chaco) are here for whatever reason, and everyone's been freaking out about some sort of Mafia. You know that you're not part of it, but you're not so sure about Jan. He is your brother though, so you're willing to trust him enough to work with him for now. You may talk to Chaco during Night phases in this quicktopic:

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/btCMN5jDV8YEP

You may also speak in the topic during pregame confirmations as well.

Abilities:
Night Communication

Win Condition:

Doombunny9:
Welcome to Hellsing Mafia, Doombunny9. You are Sir Integra Hellsing, Informed Townie.

You are in charge of overseeing the war against vampires (while employing some vampires of your own, of course). As such, you've gotten extremely good at recognizing vampires. At the end of each Night phase you will receive a PM containing the number of vampires currently alive.

Abilities:
Extra knowlege

Win condition:
You win when all threat to the town are eliminated.

fuzzylightning/magnus_orion:
Welcome to Hellsing Mafia, fuzzylightning. You are Zorin Blitz, Vanilla Townie.

You may be extremely powerful, and you may command a large army of undead Nazis, but neither of those really help you when you're up against something like a Mafia. As such, you've got nothing of value besides your voice and your vote. Use them well.

Abilities:
None

Win Condition:

Please confirm via PM acknowleging that you understand your role.
Konowa:
Welcome to Hellsing Mafia, Konowa. You are Tubalcain Alhambra, Town Jailkeeper.

You may be working for Milennium, but this Mafia business needs to be taken care of first and foremost. And you know just what to use to do it, your cards. Each Night you may target a player to cage with your cards. They will be unable to escape their cage, and will therefore be roleblocked for the Night. However, they will also be protected from all attempts on their life that Night, since anyone looking to do them harm will be unable to get past your razor sharp cards to get to them.

Abilities:
Jailkeep

Win Condition:

Chaco:
Welcome to Hellsing Mafia, Chaco. You are Jan Valentine, Pro-town Neighbor.

You're stuck in this mess along with your brother Luke (Looker). Someone said something about a Mafia trying to kill everyone. Well, you don't really like the sound of that, so you and your brother are attempting to help bring it down. Well, you know that you are anyway. Luke you aren't so sure about, but you're here together anyway, so you may as well work with him.

You can communicate with Looker during pre-game and the Night phases using this quicktopic:

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/btCMN5jDV8YEP

Abilities:
Night Communication

Win Condition:

forbiddanlight (original):
Welcome to Hellsing Mafia, forbiddanlight. You are Schrodinger, Unknown Role.

You are everywhere and you are nowhere. You're a member of the Werewolf squad of Milennium, and proud of it. You know that you have an ability, but you don't know what it does. You know that you can use this ability at any time, Day or Night, and you also know that you can only use it once, but you don't know if it is a harmful or helpful ability to the person targetted. Finally, you know that this ability is very powerful, but only if used on the right person. Choose wisely who to use it on.

Ability:
Unknown, 1-shot

Win Condition:

forbiddanlight (true):
Welcome to Hellsing Mafia, forbiddanlight. You are Schrodinger, The Poison.

You are everywhere and you are nowhere. You're a member of the Werewolf squad of Milennium, and proud of it. You've been ordered to hunt down and kill the vampire Alucard, who you know is a player in the game, and is working against the town. To do this you must sacrifice yourself and fuse with him, poisoning his mind and preventing him from being able to recognize himself.

Ability:
Suicide Bomb, 1-shot (used up)
Extra Knowlege

Win Condition:
Netopalis:
Welcome to Hellsing Mafia, Netopolis. You are Alexander Anderson, NK immune miller and 1-shot vig.

You're a complete and total nutjob priest, but you like it like that. Because you are so crazy, and cop who investigates you will receive a guilty result. However, since you're a regenerator, and a damn good one at that, you are totally immune to Night Kills of any kind, and since you're part of the Iscariot Organization, and therefore have a divine right to kill, once in the game, during Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a player who you wish to kill.

Note: If your kill fails for any reason it is not refunded. Once you use it it's gone.

Abilities:
NK Immunity
Miller
1-shot Vig

Win Condition:

Amished:
Welcome to Hellsing Mafia, Amished. You are Pip Bernadotte, Vanilla Townie.

You may be the leader of a crack mercenary fighting force, but that sort of thing isn't going to help you much in a situation like this. As such, you have nothing but your voice and your vote. Use them well.

Abilities:
None

Win Condition:

Serial Killer:

Shotty to the Body:
Welcome to Hellsing Mafia, Shotty to the Body. You are Alucard, Reviving Serial Killer.

You've decided that it's finally time. Time to break your shackles and become a vampire truly worthy of respect again. And to do it, you know that you will have to kill everyone here and take this town as your own. You have an advantage over all of these other pathetic humans and wannabe vampires though. You are practically immortal. The first time you would be lynched or killed your role name (but not alignment) will be revealed in thread, and you will be removed from the game. After exactly one phase (The beginning of the next Night if you were NKed, and the beginning of the next Day if you were lynched) you will be returned to the game unharmed. Beware though, that this effect will only happen once. Die twice and you're dead for good.

Note: If there is ever a point when a phase begins with no members of anti-town factions alive (aka you crosskill with the last other surviving member of an anti-town faction), the game will be called in the town's favor, even if you would revive at the beginning of the next phase.

You may also PM me the name of a player you want to kill each Night, along with a kill method if you so choose.

Abilities:
1-shot self-revival
Serial killer factional kill

Win condition:
You win when you comprise more than 50% of the town, or if nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via PM to acknowledge that you understand your role.
Modnotes: Seres Victoria's Strongman kill bypasses the revive, as does Schrodinger's suicide bomb.

Scum:

kikuchiyo:
Welcome to Hellsing Mafia, kikuchiyo. You are Incognito, Mafia Jack of all Trades. Along with saberwolf, who is Seres Victoria, Mafia 1-shot Strongman, you make up the mafia faction.

You've decided that the time has come for you to finally seize control of this world, and you've decided that Seres Victoria is the perfect henchman to help you with that goal. Since you are a nearly immortal vampire, you have learned a considerable amount of tricks over the years. Each Night you may use one of the following abilities: roleblock, self-protect, track, rolecop. Each ability can only be used once, and unless you are the sole remaining mafiate, you may not submit the mafia kill on a Night that you use an ability.

Also, each Night you or saberwolf may PM me the name of a player you wish to kill, along with the person doing the killing, and the kill method if you so desire.

The Mafia quicktopic is here:
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/tyBBy5sT4hDF

You may use it during Night phases and the pregame confirmation stage.

Abilities:
Night Communication
Mafia factional kill
1-shot roleblock
1-shot self-protect
1-shot track
1-shot rolecop

Win Condition:
You win when your faction comprises more than 50% of the surviving players or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via PM acknowleging that you understand your role.
saberwolf/Albert B. Rampage:
Welcome to Hellsing Mafia, saberwolf. You are Seres Victoria, Mafia 1-shot Strongman. Along with kikuchiyo, who is Incognito, Mafia Jack of all Trades, you make up the mafia faction.

You've finally gotten sick of working for the Hellsing organization, what with their always looking at you like some sort of monster just because you're a vampire. So when Incognito offered you a spot as his underling, you were happy to oblige. Once during the game you can replace your factional Mafia kill with a shot from your excessively large gun. This bullet will rip through any and all protection that the target has, killing them instantly.

Also, each Night, either you or kikuchiyo may send me the name of a player to kill, along with who will be doing the killing, and a kill method if you so desire. If there is more than one submission for a Night, the last submitted choice will be counted.

The mafia quicktopic is here:
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/tyBBy5sT4hDF

You may use it during night phases and the pregame confirmation stage.

Abilities:
Night Communication
1-shot unstoppable kill
Mafia factional Night Kill

Win Condition:
You win when your faction comprises more than 50% of the surviving players, or when nothing can prevent the same.

Also, green zone is here:

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/J8EVEUSLGDBZg
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:39 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
magnus_orion wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:@Magnus if you'd asked me who I was going to kill I would've said ABR probably.
Which is exactly how I'd expect the sk to answer, as I said. :)
They'd at least think about wanting to take down scum. Town just see an sk as another anti-town role, they usually don't think of it independently from scum.

Ah well, my fault for thinking you were in cohoots with kik, threw my reads off, I guess.

I'm interested to know what looker was thinking.
Doesn't a vig also think about killing scum? How do you differentiate it from the SK role?
Because I was specifically asking about from an sk point of view.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:41 am

@Kai

Maybe from an outsider's perspective, I claimed scum for no reason. But I think everyone knew I was going to get shot by either Shotty or Neto, or would've been lynched in the end because of my flavor screwing me.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:43 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yeesh, kik wanted to kill me N1?

I was nowhere near the right track? Why was I so popular for NK :P?
-StrangerCoug

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Chaco »

My play has been so terrible. I need town experience baaaaaad. :(
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:45 am

forbiddanlight wrote:Yeesh, kik wanted to kill me N1?

Because you seemed pro-town. Being in endgame with you would have been scum vs. town instead of town vs. town.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:Yeesh, kik wanted to kill me N1?

Because you seemed pro-town. Being in endgame with you would have been scum vs. town instead of town vs. town.
True, but I was also manipulable, so keeping me around probably would have worked to your benefit.
-StrangerCoug

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:@Kai

Maybe from an outsider's perspective, I claimed scum for no reason. But I think everyone knew I was going to get shot by either Shotty or Neto, or would've been lynched in the end because of my flavor screwing me.
Your flavor was designed to keep you safe actually. Seras is one of the more prominent "good guys" in the series. Neto's scumtheory was misguided and brought about by lack of information. Also, Shotty was for lynching you since early D1, so his suspicion had nothing to do with flavor methinks.

@all: Mod thoughts on the game will be up either later tonight or tomorrow.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:51 am

forbiddanlight wrote:True, but I was also manipulable, so keeping me around probably would have worked to your benefit.
Aaaand that's why we didn't kill you, only talked about it.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:52 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:True, but I was also manipulable, so keeping me around probably would have worked to your benefit.
Aaaand that's why we didn't kill you, only talked about it.
YAY!

Ok, not really, but yeah :P
-StrangerCoug

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:52 am

Kairyuu wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:@Kai

Your flavor was designed to keep you safe actually. Seras is one of the more prominent "good guys" in the series. Neto's scumtheory was misguided and brought about by lack of information. Also, Shotty was for lynching you since early D1, so his suspicion had nothing to do with flavor methinks.

@all: Mod thoughts on the game will be up either later tonight or tomorrow.
Misguided as it were, they had this "natural vampire" theory or whatever that was gonna get me votes for sure.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”