DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

MordyS wrote:I just don't see how Vaya is scum. Even if Vaya lurks when scum, does he ever totally not show up?
Ah-huh. Purdy much.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by MordyS »

Purdy?
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Vaya »

Goofball, I really do lurk sometimes like this as town as well. Its really not the clear-cut scumtell on me you seem to think it is. For an example of a completed game where I've lurked heavily as town, there's Commie Mafia. Aside from a pretty much worthless argument I had with another player early on, I was very lurky, to the point that I was prodded repeatedly and then forced replaced. Lurking isn't really a reliable tell for me, sometimes I just don't feel like posting. And really, you and DoS point out that I've been posting elsewhere on the site, but I've really only made two posts since this game started, so its not exactly like I've been active across the site.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:07 pm

DIE SCUM
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:09 pm

In that example you provide, you still started to post early and regularly.

DIE

Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Vaya »

I don't think it matters that I started out posting early there, my point is that I do simply not post much in games sometimes, and its really not as telling as you think.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by milkshake »

I thought DGB's reads on MordyS, Psychologic, etc. were alot stronger than her Vaya read. Not that I have anything against it, a read is pretty much just a read. But my opinion is: I've never thought that posting frequency could be used as a viable arguement on this site, since it depends entirely on non-mafia-related mood and MeatWorld (tm) happenings. (Maybe that's narrow minded but I'm sticking to it.)

MordyS's last couple posts seemed like she was just trying to find something to argue about (I don't know if that's scummy or not), and (here I go turning on a dime) Psychologic still hasn't posted again. :P
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by MordyS »

I'm a he, and I'm hardly just looking for something to argue about. When DG tries to make a bad case, I'm going to protest it. I'm trying to win, not win brownie points with DG.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by ortolan »

I don't actually mind the Vaya wagon that much anymore, the response to DGB is too apologetic and doesn't consider whether DGB might be scum in reasoning with her. I can still kinda see Vaya playing like that as town though. I've played with Vaya in Stratego mafia where he pretty much lurked to a scum-win so I'm not going to be particularly sympathetic.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:06 pm

milkshake wrote:MordyS's last couple posts seemed like she was just trying to find something to argue about (I don't know if that's scummy or not), and (here I go turning on a dime) Psychologic still hasn't posted again. :P
I have this feeling as well, that MordyS has decided to be my self-designated contrarian in this game.

Vaya is still scum.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by ortolan »

I normally hate policy lynches, but this isn't really a policy lynch anyway

Unvote
Vote: Vaya
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I had the same thought as O when I read Vaya's response (i.e. not enough thinking critically about DGB's alignment), but I'm struck by his comment that he's only posted twice since the game started. That pattern might indicate general inactivity rather than something specific to this game.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Vaya, wait a minute...you were lurking on purpose?

unvote
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:49 am

Also, it's not AS telling AS I THINK.

SO. It is telling. Only not as telling as I think.

More votes please.

Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:51 am

Post by Vaya »

ortolan wrote:I don't actually mind the Vaya wagon that much anymore, the response to DGB is too apologetic and doesn't consider whether DGB might be scum in reasoning with her.
Iecerint wrote:I had the same thought as O when I read Vaya's response (i.e. not enough thinking critically about DGB's alignment)
I fail to see the problem you two have, nothing about DGB's attacks strike me as scummy, do you disagree?

If anything, though I'd prefer not to go into it too much since the game is still ongoing, Goofball's beliefs about my meta seem consistent with what she was saying about me in another game, so I could see Goofball pushing this as town.
curiouskarmadog wrote:Vaya, wait a minute...you were lurking on purpose?

unvote
Well, I won't lie and say I've been too busy to post, I simply didn't feel like playing mafia much these last few days, so I hadn't posted here. You can't make that out to be an alignment tell though, I haven't posted in any of my games but one since this started, so it has nothing to do with my alignment here.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Also, it's not AS telling AS I THINK.

SO. It is telling. Only not as telling as I think.

More votes please.
Sure, if you want to read too much into my wording. I was really more saying that in response to your idea that there's a 0% chance I could be town here because of my lurking, which is completely wrong.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:17 am

Post by ortolan »

Vaya, who do you find scummy?

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:53 am

Vaya wrote: Well, I won't lie and say I've been too busy to post, I simply didn't feel like playing mafia much these last few days, so I hadn't posted here. You can't make that out to be an alignment tell though, I haven't posted in any of my games but one since this started, so it has nothing to do with my alignment here.
you signed up for the game less than a week before it opened. at any rate, it looks like she is correctly in not really posting in other games.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:41 am

Post by populartajo »

DGB wrote:I'm been scum many, many times, and been part of a large number of scum teams. I know that no scum in their right mind would bulldoze into the game on what, page 1? the way Psycho did. It's a totally townie action. He doesn't care if he sounds like he's rolefishing or some such on his first or second post. I don't think he's experienced enough to fake it; in fact, I don't believe anyone is.
Yeah, this is the reason I also thought why Psycho was prob town. This also gives DGB more townie points.

There is a Mordys debate in my head right now. Mordys really feels like scum that is annoyed at players getting town reads from each other and that is trying to undermine DGB's love. But sometimes it feels like he is one of those dense townies that ask clarification for everything and just argues because he thinks he is right.

DGB, why do you think Mordys is town?
Iecerint wrote:The game.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Agreed with ort's that Iecerints looks bad in the cateraction vote.
FoS: Iecerint.
Also, Iecerint has always been an easy town read after some games with him. After an iso, he is lacking in this game.
DGB wrote:My reads on tajo lean town too much, and my reads on you (ortolan) and DoS lean scum too much as well. I take that into consideration, and I need more time to evaluate. That puts you all in the "dodgy" category.
Sometimes I feel that after LAL, something broke between us, DGB.

The Vaya case holds its merits but I would really like some pressure on her to get a better read after some posts. For the record, I've seen her lurking massively as town in the infamous /b/. She only posted to get "gets", zero scumhunting.

Her responses are meh. Not ext protown, not ext antitown. Failure to trying to discern DGB's alignment and motivations for her attacks is something I also noticed but Vaya's responses really want to feel honest. I really think we need more posts and pressure and scumlist to decide her fate.

I like

DGB
Psycho

Neutrals or players that deserve more observation :

ckd
cateraction
DoS
jason.
Vaya

I dont like

Mordys
Iecerint

Mod, votecount plz.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:47 am

Post by MordyS »

populartajo wrote:and that is trying to undermine DGB's love
God forbid.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:37 am

Post by populartajo »

Mordys, who is scum and why?
Call me Tajo.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:45 am

Post by MordyS »

DoS is scum for buddying up with DGB on that post a few pages back (that I don't feel like digging up at the moment, but I would if I could). CKD for similar reasons. DGB would also be on this list (lots of badlogic arguments, imho) except everyone would yell about her meta -- so maybe making those arguments are par for the course. I begrudgingly admit DGB's case on cateraction makes sense.

I get a Milkshake town read, tho I think he needs to stop buddying up to DGB so much. I agree with you about the two lurkers (jason + Vaya) that we don't know enough, tho I'd add Psychologic to that for posting three times on Friday and then disappearing over the weekend. I'm going to say you're probably town, tho I'm mediating my own opinion here (trying to circumscribe the OMGUS impulse I get). I think ortolan is probably town.

So town: Ortolan, Milkshake, PopularTajo
Lurking/No Case: Psychologic, Vaya, Jason
Scum: DoS, CKD, Cateraction
Wildcard: DGB

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:46 am

Post by MordyS »

Oh, I missed Icerint, I don't know what I think about him. I'll reread and post something later today.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:07 am

define "buddying" Mordy.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:18 am

Post by MordyS »

Buddying = linking yourself to another person through flavor or content that makes you look less threatening to that person, and occasionally to let you move unnoticed by other people as well.

Or to quote the wiki:
wiki wrote:Buddying up is a tactic, usually used by members of the Mafia, to try to make yourself look less threatening. Typically the Mafia member will try to be friendly in some way, either outright or, more often, subtly. If the Mafia member is ever lynched at some point, and other players have noticed the buddying, it tends to throw suspicion on the person the Mafia was being friendly towards, thereby causing confusion even after the Mafioso's death.
You may feel like your buddying with DGB hasn't been scummy, but you can't deny that you have been buddying. (For whatever reason -- meta or otherwise.)

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:31 am

Post by populartajo »

Mordys wrote:I'm going to say you're probably town
Why?

I dont like how you attack people for buddying up to DGB (assuming she is town) but you still think she is a wildcard.

Opinions on Iecerint?
Call me Tajo.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”