magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 am

Post by magnus_orion »

the TV told me drinking was bad for you. Then it told me I should drink more bud light. Does this mean the TV hates me?
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:50 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm not as think as you drunk I am!

Seriously, I actually don't drink, oddly enough...
Drunken insults are still fun nonetheless ^-^
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Netopalis wrote:Brilliant deduction, MafiaSSK. Absolutely brilliant. Your powers of scumhunting boggle the mind. I am so enamored with your massive intelligence that words simply do not describe exactly how I'm feeling right now. I just can't say how much I want to drop everything and follow you to the endgame on this one. Everyone, let's nominate him for one of the scummies! Heck, let's nominate him for all of them! Clearly, this man has put more time and energy into this game than any other player and has solved it to the point where it is nothing more than child's play!
This post convinced me of Neto's awesomeness.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Netopalis »

lol, I honestly kinda felt bad about those posts to SSK after Kairyuu called me out on it. I still believe that his sort of actions are symptomatic of a larger problem within society, but I probably should have couched them in some softer terms...
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Votecount 5 of Day 2:

(
The "
Assumptions, Assumptions
" Votecount
)

1. forbiddanlight
(0):
2. Netopalis
(1): MafiaSSK
4. magnus_orion
(1):
5. Konowa
(0):
6. Shotty to the Body
(2): magnus_orion, Konowa, forbiddanlight, Albert B. Rampage, Netopalis
7. Chaco
(1):
8. MafiaSSK
(1): Doombunny9
11. Doombunny9
(3): Shotty to the Body, Chaco
12. Albert B. Rampage
(0):

Not Voting
(0):

With 9 alive, 5 votes makes someone swing.

Votecount was locked as of post 1445.

Lynch count has been reached.

Mod scene forthcoming.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Around midday on the second Day after this whole mess started forbiddanlight suddenly seems to snap, demanding to know who exactly everyone in the town is, saying that she's looking for someone. When Shotty to the Body reveals that he is Alucard, the most powerful vampire in the world, she begins screaming for his lynch, claiming that she knows he is working against the town. Upon hearing that the rest of the town immediately string him up. However, he just sits there in the noose laughing at the rest of the players. So, of course, they do exactly what any good town would do, they pull out their assault rifles and empty them into him, leaving him nothing but a pool of blood on the ground. But that laughter, it hasn't stopped. What could possibly be going on?

Shotty to the Body, Alucard, Alignment unknown
has been removed from the game D2.

It is now N2. Please have all Night actions turned in to me within 48 hours.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

End of game Scene:

After what seems like the shortest night on record, morning dawns to a massive showdown in the town square. Albert B. Rampage faces down Netopalis next to the puddle that used to be Shotty to the Body. Both seem poised to go for the kill, but then Albert does something completely unexpected. He turns his gun on himself and blows his own brains out, scattering them all over the courtyard.

Confused, Netopalis stabs the corpse a few times just to be sure it's really dead, but then turns to confront the newest threat, the newly reformed Shotty to the Body who, to the amazement of Netopalis, extends his hand in a gesture of peace. The (surprisingly short) war is over. The town is no longer under threat.

Albert B. Rampage: Seres Victoria, Mafia 1-Shot Strongman
suicide Night 2 and Stabbed N2

Mod Ruling: Not including safeclaims proved to be mostly responsible for this game's undoing, which I didn't realize until it was too late. That's entirely my fault and I apologize. Since it was essentially a mod screwup that led to Shotty's death I am going to call this a joint town-SK win (the scum are being left out because they were wiped out legitimately by Shotty and Neto, in addition to Albert submitting a kill on himself because he thought he was going to die anyway).

So yeah, town and Shotty win!

Feel free to yell at me for my modding problems now. Full setup reveal will come tomorrow after I get some sleep.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Haha awesome, let me change my record from 0-1 to 1-0 in the SK department. =P
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Well played, all. Interesting setup, overall, although I'm curious as to why Blitz wasn't mafia.

As a new player, I'm intensely curious to hear any suggestions or criticisms of my play. Can anyone make any recommendations?

Also, Kairyuu, Shotty was pretty much on the chopping block before the Massclaim anyway, that just caused the inevitable to occur.

ABR - you did a fantastic job of covering for some horrible Day 1 play. I'm sorry that it had to end like that, although I'm glad that we made up in the end.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:51 pm

I had an out, I was going to claim vig and say I killed Kik, probably would've bought me at least a day with some finagling, I DID nail all the scum and if ABR died and flipped scum I feel like I would've been vindicated.

I feel like you caught sort of a free-pass because your role was so ridiculous as to make you conf-town tbh, your D1 play wasn't as solid. I felt like your later play was a lot better than your play on the first day when you were mired with Amished, though I was going to attack your constant vote hopping. You did a fine job AFAIC proving yourself to be pro-town.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:53 pm

I actually kind of assumed there was a third scum, there was nothing in my role about your vig Neto and I revived at the beginning of the next phase I died in, so in theory I could've gotten it to 1-1-1 if there was a third scum that didn't feel like shooting me when I revived.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:54 pm

But I needed to be vigged rather than lynched to revive at night. :roll:
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:03 am

Post by Chaco »

I played terrible, haha. Doom tipped me like crazy.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:26 am

@Magnus if you'd asked me who I was going to kill I would've said ABR probably.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:37 am

Haha thanks. I did the best I could do but the (expected) bastard moddery did do me in at the end.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:39 am

Shotty to the Body wrote:Haha awesome, let me change my record from 0-1 to 1-0 in the SK department. =P
Technically it's a draw, 0-1-0 :P
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:46 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Shotty to the Body wrote:@Magnus if you'd asked me who I was going to kill I would've said ABR probably.
Which is exactly how I'd expect the sk to answer, as I said. :)
They'd at least think about wanting to take down scum. Town just see an sk as another anti-town role, they usually don't think of it independently from scum.

Ah well, my fault for thinking you were in cohoots with kik, threw my reads off, I guess.

I'm interested to know what looker was thinking.
Show
Win-Loss
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:48 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:Haha awesome, let me change my record from 0-1 to 1-0 in the SK department. =P
Technically it's a draw, 0-1-0 :P
b-but, it says we won!
Show
Win-Loss
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, I'm happy I came off as protown, and my role ended up breaking the game...but I kinda feel bad that I was like, completely off on who was scum at the end :S.

And, in fact, was rarely on scum :S.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:55 am

Shotty to the Body wrote:I had an out, I was going to claim vig and say I killed Kik, probably would've bought me at least a day with some finagling, I DID nail all the scum and if ABR died and flipped scum I feel like I would've been vindicated.

I feel like you caught sort of a free-pass because your role was so ridiculous as to make you conf-town tbh, your D1 play wasn't as solid. I felt like your later play was a lot better than your play on the first day when you were mired with Amished, though I was going to attack your constant vote hopping. You did a fine job AFAIC proving yourself to be pro-town.
Your play was terribad, everyone suspected you from *before* your claim :P

FL just kinda confirmed it. You really played a weak game imo, kik was a lucky shot, as I said she could have self-protected, and it's not like catching 2 scum is something to be proud of. I'm saying this because that's how I feel about myself, even if I caught 5-6 scum in Illuminati I don't take credit for them because in the end I lost because the town was too many. Same thing with the SK game against the cop claim.

In the end it doesn't matter whether it's a win or a loss, it's what you learn from the game and also enjoying the experience (despite bastard moddery).
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:59 am

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:04 am

Post by Netopalis »

Yeah, I saw that thread...wasn't going to say anything for the same reason that I didn't want to advocate a massclaim - it makes the game too mechanical.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:08 am

Couple tips for Kairyuu:

1. Don't reserve posts for Vote Counts. VCs should be seen in the latest posts because most players don't like looking back 2-3 pages for an unupdated vote count.

2. What you could have done was to provide safe claims during the game to Shotty. Or, not have bastard roles like FL's to begin with.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:11 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

2. What you could have done was to provide safe claims during the game to Shotty. Or, not have bastard roles like FL's to begin with.
Yeah, as I told Kai after Shotty claimed, I was like "Um...didn't he have a safeclaim?"

Well, anyway, since apparently I've finally gotten decent at coming off as reasonably pro town, I guess what I want is advice on how to actually scumhunt, lol.
-StrangerCoug

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:18 am

magnus_orion wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:@Magnus if you'd asked me who I was going to kill I would've said ABR probably.
Which is exactly how I'd expect the sk to answer, as I said. :)
They'd at least think about wanting to take down scum. Town just see an sk as another anti-town role, they usually don't think of it independently from scum.

Ah well, my fault for thinking you were in cohoots with kik, threw my reads off, I guess.

I'm interested to know what looker was thinking.
Doesn't a vig also think about killing scum? How do you differentiate it from the SK role?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”